PDA

View Full Version : No, You Can't Study on the Floor. Not Yours.

B&NGoddess
04-20-2007, 05:51 PM
a couple of girls got all pissed off when they were asked to move so the carpet people could set up for the overnight. they were sprawled on the floor with their homework and shit everywhere, blocking traffic and generally being a nuisance. how dare we ask them to move! tell the workers to carpet around us! they demanded to know where else they could go to study. not my concern, chief.

sounds like a job for the :cry: mbulance. seriously, go to a damn library. or your house. i guess i should be thankful they didn't bring pillows and blankets like i've seen some people who are "studying" do.

Dips
04-20-2007, 06:38 PM
An alarming number of people have trouble telling the difference between "mine" and "not mine."

I had neighbors (since moved) who thought I was a bitch because I objected to the them parking in my driveway ("well, you weren't using it") and having picnics on my lawn ("my grass is too tall and you just mowed yours").

And every time I made them move, they would ask that same question your SCs did, "Where am I supposed to park/have my picnic?"

Why do they think we have to figure that out for them?

CrazedClerk
04-20-2007, 06:55 PM
I had neighbors (since moved) who thought I was a bitch because I objected to the them parking in my driveway ("well, you weren't using it") and having picnics on my lawn ("my grass is too tall and you just mowed yours").

Picnics on YOUR lawn? :eek:

Oohhh man that would've set me off big time. I would've threatened shove the blanket someplace really painful.

WSDuckie
04-20-2007, 07:20 PM
But, but, but, Dips, aren't you GOD???? (-;

Talon
04-20-2007, 07:34 PM
Oooh Dips you know what you should have done for the uninvited picnic: hide a sprinkler system under the lawn grass and turn it on once the squatters show :devil:

And as far as "waah where should I park my car?" Answer: "I believe there's plenty of space at the local impound lot."

In the should-be-immortal words of Toby Mcguire, "I missed the part where that's my problem."

Kilamon
04-20-2007, 07:59 PM

I'm pretty sure that's trespassing. In fact, I recently watched my own SC neighbours leave and while they weren't having picnics on my lawn, they were annoying enough (broke 2 sprinklers by driving their hummer on the lawn while making an illegal u-turn). Personally, Dips, I would have let them stay there and called the cops and said that some vagrants were trespassing and you were going to press charges. :devil:

Dips
04-20-2007, 08:10 PM
Not to worry. The first time it happened we were too stunned to say anything.

The second time we asked them to move and got the above excuse and the whiny demand to find an alternative. But they moved.

The third time Mr. Dips was overcome with a sudden urge to mow the lawn. He carefully aimed the thrower and fired it up. They moved.

The fourth time...there wasn't a fourth time. :devil:

Back to the OP. Maybe firing up the rug shampooer would "help" the kids sprawled on your floor move elsewhere.

Spiffy McMoron
04-20-2007, 08:17 PM
Picnics on YOUR lawn?

And parking on her driveway.

I think that the legal terminology for that case would be "possesion is 9/10th of the law" :devil:

As for the problem that B&NGoddess had, might I recommend carpeting over them? Think of them as a speed bumb for people running in the store. :lol: :p

Daphne
04-20-2007, 08:27 PM
I get so annoyed when patrons decide to sit on the floor in the middle of the stacks. It is so rude.

protege
04-20-2007, 08:36 PM
If someone parks in your driveway, give them one warning.

Where I live, if there's an event at the school less than a block away, it's common for idiots to park all the way around the circle...even in front of driveways. Most people, if they park there, they're careful not to block any driveways. I have no problem with them--parking at the school sucks. However, for the ones that aren't careful, they deserve what they get. Sorry, but if I can't get out, the cops *will* be called, and the car *will* be towed. Not only will they have to walk home, but they'll get hit with massive towing and impound fees.

OfficeSlug
04-20-2007, 08:50 PM
I had neighbors (since moved) who thought I was a bitch because I objected to the them parking in my driveway ("well, you weren't using it")

Oh, you are singing my song! I live in a condo. I have two parking spaces. I only have one truck. My friends use the extra space when they visit. Otherwise, I leave it empty. I paid for the condo and two spots. Mine. Easy enough, right?

My neighbors have 4 adults in their condo. They have 4 cars. Only 2 spaces. Guess who's extra spot they park in so that my friends have to park in the plaza's parking lot ACROSS the street when they visit. Right. The spot that Not Theirs.

I can't, for the life of me, explain to them WHY I need them to stay out of my extra spot.

To the Original Poster:
they demanded to know where else they could go to study.

Hand 'em a map. Let them figure it out.

Hint: Begins with an L. Ends with Ibrary.

Andara Bledin
04-20-2007, 10:35 PM
OfficeSlug, as with the owner of a house, you can have the offending car towed.

You pay rent on it, so it is your property. I would put up a removable "violators will be towed" sign that states that the parking is for your aparment only and I would then act on it.

^-.-^

BookstoreEscapee
04-20-2007, 10:43 PM
They're picnicking on your lawn because their grass is too long? And they want you to tell them what else they should do? :doh: Um, how 'bout mow your damn lawn?!

Horsetuna
04-21-2007, 02:45 AM
OT: I never got the 'possession is 9/10th's of the law' thing. Someone explain?

Freemage
04-21-2007, 03:41 AM
OT: I never got the 'possession is 9/10th's of the law' thing. Someone explain?

My Google-fu is strong: "Adverse Possession" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adverse_possession)

The idea is that if a piece of property is openly held by someone for a period of time, and they act like it is theirs long enough, and no one objects, they get to keep it. The two most common variations are "Homesteading" (where unowned land is settled and maintained for a period until it is claimed by those who have settled there) and "Squatter's Rights" (in which legally owned, but neglected or abandoned property is taken over by another party, for a long enough period of time that they can legitimately be said to be in control of it).

These are basic principles of land ownership. Of course, people who don't grok legalese have pretty much trampled the concept with the 'possession is 9/10ths' thing--it doesn't apply to anything other than land, and possession generally takes years, if not decades, to take hold.

powerboy
04-21-2007, 04:49 AM
OfficeSlug, one of my buddies is just like that. He lives in his own apartment, and he gets 2 spots, but has only one car. He lets his family or friends use that spot, but the neigbors use it, and they wont move the car at all. The one time, I parked there, they left a not stating that I will be towed next time.

Pagan
04-21-2007, 04:50 AM
a couple of girls got all pissed off when they were asked to move so the carpet people could set up for the overnight. they were sprawled on the floor with their homework and shit everywhere, blocking traffic and generally being a nuisance.

EEEEWWW!!! Plus, I know what goes on in our store. There's no way in hell I'll even kneel on it, let alone lie on it!

Ya know, I think those girls might have been related to the trio that was in the music dept the other night. These guys gave new meaning to the phrase, "raised in a barn" and apparently don't get in the big city very often. One of them was singing (and I use that term loosely) at me some horrible "song" by some comedian named Cledus (I think, never heard of him). So, I'm over fixing Rap for the 15th time that night, look over to one of the aisles in Rock/Pop and two of these geniuses are laying on the floor, on their backs, reading CDs! ICK! :eek: Happily, they had to leave as we were closing!

Red Briggs
04-21-2007, 07:36 PM
What customers have to realize is that the store they are shuffling into day in and day out is f-in private property. I functions on hours that are set by someone in charge of the property. It is owned by someone that is not them. They have to leave if you ask them. I had one guy dragged out of my Staples because he thought he was some sort of freaking activist and wouldn't move from the front of the store because we wouldn't return his year old computer. (Sorry Spiffy, forgot to email you about that :angel: ) Anyhoo, I called the fuzz and they pulled him out kicking and screaming and I stood @ the the door :wave: ing him into the back of a cop car. See, being the only business supply store in town has it's advantages. Cops need business supplies, and we give'em a deal. :rolleyes: His wife came in and apologized for the "disturbance" she called it and took the computer home.

Just because you can go to and from a place whenever doesn't make it public property. We as businesses offer goods and services and we want you to come. Sometimes, though, we have to ask you to leave and never come back. All I know, is someone @ a business told me that, I would have realized I stepped over the line. We want customers to come back. Otherwise how do we get paid? It's all give and take. More give on our part, but they need to realize there are limits.

steviededalus
04-22-2007, 12:02 AM
My Google-fu is strong: "Adverse Possession" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adverse_possession)

The idea is that if a piece of property is openly held by someone for a period of time, and they act like it is theirs long enough, and no one objects, they get to keep it. The two most common variations are "Homesteading" (where unowned land is settled and maintained for a period until it is claimed by those who have settled there) and "Squatter's Rights" (in which legally owned, but neglected or abandoned property is taken over by another party, for a long enough period of time that they can legitimately be said to be in control of it).

These are basic principles of land ownership. Of course, people who don't grok legalese have pretty much trampled the concept with the 'possession is 9/10ths' thing--it doesn't apply to anything other than land, and possession generally takes years, if not decades, to take hold.

Adverse possesion isn't wholly appropriate to the scenario under discussion for two main reasons:
1) Adverse possession claims require the trespass to last a long time, ranging from about 7 years in some Western states to 40 years in others. That's one really long picnic...
2) Almost every state requires that the trespass be under "color of title," meaning that the trespassor must actually believe that they have a legal right to the ownership or use of the land.

Trespass (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trespass) is the more appropriate legal doctrine in dealing with people on your land. Just call the cops on them and press charges.

Regarding people parking in your space:
For the guy with two spaces, you might try parking with your truck in half of both, if you can. That'll teach 'em.
Last year, when a guy parked in my space, I tried to have him towed. The property managers didn't help, because it was after hours. The cops said they don't handle that sort of thing. And the towing companies were really rude when I asked if they towed trespassing cars. In the end, the guy just left and I never saw his car again. Meh.

Regarding "possession is 9/10ths of the law:" The Straight Dope always has the answer (http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mpossess910.htm). Mostly, it's just rhetoric.

felixxkatt
04-22-2007, 12:08 AM
An alarming number of people have trouble telling the difference between "mine" and "not mine."

man, i have/had that problem with the neighbors kids behind our house... we finally put up a fence, and then the kids were sitting there WAILING and crying. (they range from 4-9) i told their parents at least a dozen times that we are remodelling and it is too dangerous for the kids to be in my yard with huge piles of loose rock and stone. (and my insurance would be happy to shoot through the roof to cover the liability, i'm sure). the parents always sounded sympathetic but the kids were ALWAYS in my freakin yard. i was mad at the kids and furious with the parents... obviously they were not watching their brats! and if one of them fell and bashed his head on the broken concrete slab in our yard, who would they blame, do you think???

felixxkatt
04-22-2007, 12:13 AM
they were sprawled on the floor with their homework and shit everywhere, blocking traffic and generally being a nuisance. .

what skeezes me out more than the carpets at our branch of same store, is the "comfy chairs" we have... they smell like old farts and BO and yet people stake them out and sit in them ALL DAY LONG.... ew ew ew ew!

B&NGoddess
04-22-2007, 12:23 AM
what skeezes me out more than the carpets at our branch of same store, is the "comfy chairs" we have... they smell like old farts and BO and yet people stake them out and sit in them ALL DAY LONG.... ew ew ew ew!

exactly. we have regular that comes in and paws at the rather pricey D&D or other comic book type things and then lowers himself into a chair for a few hours. he is so funky that we have to not only febreeze the crap (not literally, i hope) out of the chair, but return the books he's looked at.

ArenaBoy
04-22-2007, 02:57 AM
Quoth Dips

Ugh, one of the reasons I am glad I don't live with my family anymore. I used to live right near our downtown (Two blocks away) and every summer around the 4th of July we would have this carnival and fireworks. The festivities brought out idiots parking IN my spot that I parked in for the duration that it was there. After 2 days of dealing with idiots for the first time ( I was 16 at the time). I took the liberty of buying a tire, used one of my swords and put it into a tree with the sword sticking through the tire with a sign saying: "This is what will happen when you park here. " Needless to say, I never had problems with that again.

Gawdzillers
04-22-2007, 03:26 PM
Picnics on YOUR lawn? :eek:
http://www.thefunkstore.com/T-ShirtLounge/DeadMilkMenShirt2.jpg
Brownie points if you get the reference.

Argabarga
04-22-2007, 11:50 PM

And every time I made them move, they would ask that same question your SCs did, "Where am I supposed to park/have my picnic?"

sounds like he needs to be put up at etiquette hell (www.etiquettehell.com)

Jester
04-23-2007, 02:57 AM
I would've threatened shove the blanket someplace really painful.

The back seat of a Volkswagen?

Spiffy McMoron
04-23-2007, 04:22 AM
The back seat of a Volkswagen?

Well played, good sir, well played.

Mallrats reference, for the win!

OfficeSlug
04-23-2007, 03:20 PM
The one time, I parked there, they left a not stating that I will be towed next time.

THEY left a note on YOUR car because you were in HIS spot? How dare you visit your friend!!!!

/snorts

Bluenomi
04-24-2007, 05:44 AM
THEY left a note on YOUR car because you were in HIS spot? How dare you visit your friend!!!!

/snorts

I was visiting a friend once who lives in an aprtment complex. I made sure I parked in a designated vistor parking spot while I was there. I came out to find my car covered in stickers saying 'You cannot park here, you will be towed' Mine wasn't the only car like that. Someone must have been cranky and covered all the cars they didn't think belonged there. Took me ages to get them off.

Killer Bees
04-24-2007, 06:06 AM

I'm going through something like that myself. One of the guys in my apartment building has parked his boat in front of my garage door. I don't own a car and only use the garage for a laundry which I can access from a side door, but that's not the point.

He didn't even ask first. He came to me about a year ago and asked to use my garage which he would pay me for. But the garage door key is the same one I use to open my front door (I have a security screen in front of that) and I said no.

At the time, my friend was storing his wordly possessions in the garage, but he's since moved them out.

This neighbour has a car he's restoring in his garage and he parks his regular car in the yard out of the way of others. So he's either got too small a place or too much stuff.

I never see him and last time I spoke to him about noise he was making he was rude and nasty. So I think I'll just ring the landlord and let him sort it out.

Arrogant arsehole!

iradney
04-24-2007, 09:25 AM
Actually, KB, since he is blocking off access to your property (I'm assuming your rent includes the garage), then you have every right to get his boat towed.
I dunno about the States, but in SA, if someone blocks your driveway, it is legal for you to get them towed.

I can't imagine sprawling out on the floor of a SHOP as if it is my home. First of all, you have NO idea what's on the floor! Second of all, I'm sure people do not want to see you in your natural habitat - altho, the store could charge a fee to see the "Inconsiderate Ingrate" in action...

Ackee
04-24-2007, 01:42 PM
Hint: Begins with an L. Ends with Ibrary.
NO! they are miserable, unreasonable and probably demented. I suggest instead they play a game instead. It involves blindfolds and a busy dual carrigeway.

Jester
04-24-2007, 04:58 PM
I can't imagine sprawling out on the floor of a SHOP as if it is my home.

Actually, I can think of one instance where it is not only acceptable but also completely appropriate: a carpet shop! After all, just like furniture, you have to "test drive" it! :lol:

Becks
04-24-2007, 05:26 PM
Ew. Sprawling out on the floor of a public place?!?!? :shudders:

Jack7957
04-25-2007, 12:57 AM
One complex I lived at, everyone was allowed two vehicles, but one could be parked in front of the building, the other had to be parked across the street. Now, to tell the difference, your parking sticker was either black (by building) or red (across street), and the stickers also had the building number and apartment number on them. There were several vehicles should have been parked across the street, but they continued to park in front of the building. So I started making a list containg the vehicle info (type, plate number, sticker info) and date/time it was parked in front of the building. And once a week I'd go drop it in the mail slot of the complex manager. Then a few days later there'd be a notice sent around about vehicles parked in the wrong lots, and I know the owners of the vehicles were talked to because I'd see they had started parking across the street.

Andara Bledin
04-27-2007, 09:42 PM
I know that in California, if some jerk parks their car so that it even partially blocks your driveway, you can have it towed immediately.

Otherwise, you have to wait till the vehicle is there 72 hours (report it after 24 hours, anyway, just in case), then the vehicle is legally "abandoned" and can be towed.

^-.-^

Bella_Vixen
05-07-2007, 04:18 AM
I have two parking spaces. I only have one truck. My friends use the extra space when they visit. Otherwise, I leave it empty. I paid for the condo and two spots. Mine. Easy enough, right?

Are your spots next to each other? If so, I would park in the exact middle of them. :devil:

myswtghst
05-07-2007, 04:23 AM
We had a similar parking problem at the apartment complex I lived in during college--tiny complex, even tinier parking lot. Each 2-BR apartment got two parking spots, even though we had three girls living in our apartment. Somehow, we made do and got a spot for the third car across the street on campus, and she paid less in rent to make up for having to pay for parking.

My neighbors actually had a car towed after it parked in their paid-for, covered parking spot twice. They were quite disappointed after our complex failed to do anything about that, and failed to do anything after the towing when the bumper was stomped off my neighbors' car, apparently in retribution for a well-earned towing. :(

Sliceanddice
05-07-2007, 08:16 AM
In my complex each condo has one spot in covered but there is alot of visitors parking so anyone one with two (or three or four cars) parks there, so we dont normally have a problem because most people will tow on sight.

What problems we do have are A) creepy guy upstairs.... He doesnt work and has like three cars.... and during the day he parks them where ever he wants. One day when we got home one was in my spot. So my brother went upstairs and chewed him out, and told him next time he would be towed.
B) Motor cycles, as far as i can tell only two people own them and use actual spots, anyone else must do the smart thing and lock them up in their patios (one uses her covered parking and has a chain that i doubt super man could break on it) but the other guy is just a jerk. If s/he comes home and finds the first three spots taken near the walk way next to building two (my building) he just parks in FRONT of any car they like. Next time i see it im calling the towing company because thats double parking.

Another problem i had i think is funny. My complex basically a bus stop, its right on the street infront of us in front of the sign. So we have a bunch of stupid elementry and highschool kids there in the morning and afternoon. a few monthes ago when we where putting some stuff in out patio we noticed a scooter there. We dont own a scooter. So a few days ago i hear a crashing in the patio and run out there thinking someone was trying to break in our apartment or something (I'm a scary B*tch and i can beat any mans ass if i set my mind to it) and find some 11 year old kid trying to climb back over our wall. apparantly he lived two blocks away and used his scooter to get to the bus stop, but wasnt alloud to take it to school, so he stashed in our patio because it was covered an protected. I told him it was ok (we can't us our patio for anything but storage, ouy landlord won't fix out doors) but he should have come up and asked and the next time the person whos space he's violating wont be so kind.

OfficeSlug
05-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Are your spots next to each other? If so, I would park in the exact middle of them.

I have been. Drives the neighbors NUTS. But apparently, the concept of bought-and-paid-for is foreign to them.

protege
05-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Otherwise, you have to wait till the vehicle is there 72 hours (report it after 24 hours, anyway, just in case), then the vehicle is legally "abandoned" and can be towed.

^-.-^

I don't know what the law is here...but many property owners do not tolerate having their driveways blocked. Rural areas in particular. Quite a few places in SW PA are well away from major roads. Access is usually by dirt, or gravel road, sometimes controlled by a gate. I've heard stories about people leaving their cars along certain roads...only to find them gone when they return. Imagine being 10 miles outside the nearest town...in the middle of nowhere!

Andara Bledin
05-07-2007, 06:40 PM
Blocked driveways are another matter entirely. Around here, you can get those towed right away.

^-.-^

MadMike
05-07-2007, 06:45 PM
Years ago, I saw this hiliarious letter about how this one guy fixed a repeat driveway-blocker. I think it was in the Ann Landers column.

The offender always did it on Sundays to go to churce, so on Saturday night, the owner parked along the street instead of in the driveway. Sure enough, the blocker parked in front of his driveway again. This time, the owner parked his car up against the front of the guy's car, and borrowed his mother's car, and parked it up against the back of the guy's car, completely blocking it in.

When the guy came to the owner's door and asked him to move the car so he could leave, he said, "Sure! No problem!" But suddenly, he got "sidetracked" by one thing after another, and didn't get around to moving his car for a couple hours. When he finally moved, the other guy tore out of there, and never came back.

I like his style. :devil:

Dips
05-07-2007, 07:23 PM
When the guy came to the owner's door and asked him to move the car so he could leave, he said, "Sure! No problem!" But suddenly, he got "sidetracked" by one thing after another, and didn't get around to moving his car for a couple hours.

We did a very similar thing once, although the guy was parked IN our driveway. It was raining hard and nobody came out to move the car after a couple of beeps and I was going to be damned if I was going to get wet trudging over the the dolts' house to ask his friend to move the damn car already.

So we pulled in behind him and blocked him in our driveway.

Long story short, he spent the next 45 minutes alternating between waiting in his car, trudging to our door several times and standing on our unsheltered front porch waiting for us to answer the door.

See, we couldn't for the life of us find our umbrella and didn't he know it was raining pretty hard?

We didn't have any problem with THAT one again, but still had issues with the idiots and their other friends...

Another time we came home and found that the dolts' had plowed out only the part of our driveway they liked to park in. So we parked in the plowed part, thanks a bunch. :D

They didn't like us much.

We didn't care. :)

tollbaby
05-07-2007, 07:41 PM
The one time, I parked there, they left a not stating that I will be towed next time.

Every time I went to pick my kids up at my ex's house, there would be someone parked in his spot. Finally I left a note on the guy's windshield (my ex is so incapable of confrontation, it's sad) saying "Please stop parking in my assigned spot. thank you". Polite and to the point. Next day, guy goes up to my ex's door and hands him $60. Says "is this enough to use your spot?" Ex was happy, gave me a cut :) I still have nowhere to frigging park when I pick the kids up though! LOL

Andara Bledin
05-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Fun solution, but it has a good potential to lead to escalation.

If I'm in a position where I know I can have the car towed, I would leave a note the first time, letting them know that if it happens again, they will be towed.

^-.-^

Binky
05-08-2007, 01:00 AM
At my work we have a parking lot and residents CONSTANTLY using it as their own personal free parking lot. This is mainly because all the parking is 2 hours and the parking inspectors are ANAL and will book you for being their 1min over. So naturally, when people come to work later in the day like myself and find there is no parking you get pissed. Came one day to find that someone had parked across TWO spots and they were NOT an employee. It was raining, and I mean BUCKETING down, and because it was about 12 all the on street parking was taken and I had to go 3 blocks over to get a spot that was only ONE hour parking. I told my boss and he said to come back and park the person in, they can't do SH*T because it's private parking. My boss stood and waited for me to come and park and while I was getting the car the owner came back. Boss chewed them out BIG time. Their excuse "but it was raining"...the response “HELLO EMPLOYEE WAS STUCK IN THAT SAME RAIN! AND HAD TO PARK THREE BLOCKS OVER BECAUSE OF YOU TAKING THEIR SPOT!” we now have stickers that we put on the drivers side window :devil: :devil: :devil: they are hard to get off. We only needed to sticker one resident before they stopped taking out spots.

Canarr
05-08-2007, 10:06 AM
When a friend of mine moved to a small apartment house some time back, a neighbor stole her basement.

Or tried to, at least. The house had one small basement room with a wooden door per apartment. Since my friend's place used to be two apartments that were combined to one, she has two basement rooms, but uses only one to store her stuff.

One day she came down to find her empty room full of boxes and a chain lock(?) on the door. Neighbor left no note, didn't ask, nothing.

She put a sign on the door stating that she'd break the lock and throw the whole stuff out if the room weren't cleared by this-and-that date. The room was empty again a few days later.

Honestly, the nerve of some people.

ArenaBoy
05-08-2007, 02:34 PM
I paid for the condo and two spots. Mine. Easy enough, right?

My neighbors have 4 adults in their condo. They have 4 cars. Only 2 spaces. Guess who's extra spot they park in so that my friends have to park in the plaza's parking lot ACROSS the street when they visit. Right. The spot that Not Theirs.

I can't, for the life of me, explain to them WHY I need them to stay out of my extra spot.

For that, you can go to the management company for your condo and talk to them about it. If you've been blocking both spots like you said and they're still being jerks about it, ignore them. If they continue to press leave a note along these lines:

Why hello there, I see you wanted to park here but here's good old me sitting here taking up these 2 spots. I can understand that you're angry and you want to park here and all but the owner of those two spots paid for them and it upsets him/her that such measures of me being parked across two spots has to be done because people seem to take things that isn't theirs, which in this case would be you trying to take that empty spot that isn't YOURS!!!!!

The owner of these two spots is sick and tired of this and has talked to the management company, if the owner discovers that you attempted to park here again another note will be left on the concept on buying and paying and how it relates to ownership and these two spots. Have a nice day!

Or if possible look into your town's laws and mention them to the condo managers.

I should also add that at Whiskeyclone we've had parking problems before beside the usual VIP and Bank Row spots some idiots take that aren't theirs. We have the basketball team's training center right next to Whiskeyclone and we have our own employee lot also. For all basketball games we have to park in the employee lot, one day some customers followed some of the employees parking in the lot, they figured "Hey, we don't have to pay at all, let's go for it." Only a few of them got away but we caught them and made them pay the fee. As for the training center, this happened a few weeks ago: Some idiots decided to park in the training center lot because none of us had any business up there except security. Security recognized the unfamiliar cars, called us, and they shut the gates to the training center down. We had to make sure people didn't leave until they paid us. In other words, we kept them there at the end of the game.

protege
05-08-2007, 06:56 PM
The people at my grandmother's apartment complex are very good about not taking others' spots. Nobody seems to want the spot closest to the dumpster. Grandma no longer drives...yet the space is included in her rent. Since it's always open when I arrive, I always get it :)

Andara Bledin
05-08-2007, 06:58 PM
I just moved to an apartment. It's the first time I've ever lived in one.

Anyway, we get one space, and so far, there has only been someone else in it once, and that was in the first week.

I expect to start having problems with it once we no longer have the rental car and it ends up being empty much of the time.

^-.-^

blas
05-08-2007, 07:11 PM
At my apartment, there is a parking lot in the back where tenants can park. They aren't assigned, but it's just been the way things have gone since the beginning....my neighbor parks in the first spot, I park the in 2nd one, on the rare occasion roomate stops by, he parks in the 3rd, and so on and so on.

Once my neighbors had some fellow crackhead friends over and they parked horizontally blocking me in and I was nearly late for work and nearly bashed their car out of the way!

Since my roomate is never home, other tenants have told friends (or if they have other vehicles themselves) to park in the 3rd spot, since for days and weeks at a time, it's always empty. I could care less. However, on the rare occasion roomate stops home and a car is in that parking spot, he comes tromping up the stairs ready to bust down the door and scream at me to tell whichever friend I have over to move their car out of his facking spot. He nearly pisses himself when no one is here, a neighbor's friend or someone parked there.

However, I take my chances. If I have a guy or a friend spending the night, I want them to feel safe and comfortable. I'd rather have them park back there than on the street. I let my friends park in his spot. He hasn't came home and caught me yet.
Plus, if he did come home and throw a tantrum, I'd throw his whole spiel right back at him. "Remember, you don't live here anymore! You made that quite clear months ago. You're just checking the mail, remember?"

My new apartment has assigned spots and you have to obtain a ticket, kind of like when you go to college to park in designated parking lots. At least no one will ever park in my spot :)

Sliceanddice
05-08-2007, 08:05 PM
Dude i would approach them about renting the spot, and charge them insane rent, though not like illegal rent. it would make it worth your troubles them

repsac
05-08-2007, 11:28 PM
The only time I can remember sitting on the floor in a book store, was when I was trying to find a book on the lowest shelf and didn't want to crane my neck. As to why I stayed there, well it's very simple. I couldn't get my fat arse back up off the floor. It's one of those "Aw crap, I'm stuck." type of moments.