PDA

View Full Version : Just looking for an argument...

slick
06-25-2007, 04:46 AM
Anyone have something like this happen to them before. Someone wanted to just start an argument and nothing more.

I remembered this story from a while back, it involves my friends car stereo store.

He had put a big logo on the sides of our friends SUV, basically for advertising. There were also logo's of all the brands sold at the store. One of the brands was "Hooker Car Audio". Its a wiring company. Its not big, and there is nothing "sexual" about it. I think the company was named after the owner, last name Hooker.

Anyways, one day my friend gets a call at the store. Some lady is on the other line, and she mentioned seeing the SUV with the store info on it. My friend got excited because the advertising seemed to work, so he put it on speaker so we can all hear. The lady sounded annoyed for some reason.

She says "I want to know if that everything on that vehicle is of your store". My friend confirmed that it was, and she quickly replies with "So what the hell is Hooker? What does that mean?", getting super pissy about it. My friend explained that it was a car audio brand that specialized in wiring and cables. She says "Is that it? You sure?", to which he replied, "I'm sure, I have been selling it for years". She says "Okay" and hangs up.

What did she think it meant? Its not like it was a vinyl decal that said "All women are hookers" or something dumb like that.

I actually pity people like this, makes me glad I have hobbies so I'm not moaning about worthless stuff.

TealJellyfish
06-25-2007, 06:22 AM
I work for a real estate head office called "LJ Hookers" in the call center,
The amount of calls I get that are
"I'd like a hooker please" is insane
and sad

Boozy
06-25-2007, 01:38 PM
I actually had to read your post twice before the more risque meaning of the word "hooker" became clear to me.

This woman's mind is in the gutter.

protege
06-25-2007, 01:58 PM
This woman's mind is in the gutter.

She'd have a stroke if she read any of the hot rodding magazines. Just the thought of Hooker headers (slang for exhaust manifolds in general--Hooker is one brand name) would probably push her over the edge :lol:

aurelemsrealm
06-25-2007, 03:06 PM
Why can't people just get a clue for once?! I wasn't aware that Hooker was a car audio brand name before reading this post, but I learned something new today. I see lots of questionable things in the course of a day, but don't really feel that much concern over things which have no direct impact on my life.

Becks
06-25-2007, 03:13 PM
I wasn't aware that Hooker was a car audio brand name before reading this post, but I learned something new today. I see lots of questionable things in the course of a day, but don't really feel that much concern over things which have no direct impact on my life.

Did you read my mind and steal my thoughts?? :looking at you suspiciously:

Broomjockey
06-25-2007, 03:15 PM

Serves you right for stealing my spare brain. Hmph. :p

Crazyredhead
06-25-2007, 03:15 PM
"I'd like a hooker please"

"Okay, where do you want one sent to?"
http://www.kolobok.wrg.ru/smiles/he_and_she/girl_devil.gif

RecoveringKinkoid
06-25-2007, 03:23 PM
Oh, her head would explode if she saw MY personal favorite: Manntool (tools, I'm guessing, started by a guy named Mann. I'm so 12 years old).

I like Badcock, too. (furniture.)

Of course, this is the same town with "Go Cocks" emblazoned on everything, so we're kind of desensitized.

DGoddessChardonnay
06-25-2007, 03:23 PM
"Okay, where do you want one sent to?"
http://www.kolobok.wrg.ru/smiles/he_and_she/girl_devil.gif

Then after you hang up from the git, call the cops.

Moron will get a hooker for sure . . . :devil:

aurelemsrealm
06-25-2007, 04:00 PM

:devil: Wouldn't you like to know? MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Honestly, I swear that some of my suckiest customers are so stupid that my IQ drops when they walk through the doors.

You know, I was just thinking how quickly this woman's head would explode if she ever saw one of those Ridgid Tools calendars.....

Becks
06-25-2007, 04:15 PM
:devil: Wouldn't you like to know? MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

No biggie. Spiffy and others have stolen my keyboard and letters.

Now, where is that thread?

Andara Bledin
06-25-2007, 09:12 PM
I'm honestly surprised that nobody has mentioned Sex Wax yet!

I used to work with a Hooker. I asked him about it, and he said he was related to the Hooker for whom they took the word.

^-.-^

Cia
06-25-2007, 09:24 PM
My Mom plugged 'Rigid Tools' into a search engine once - hilarity ensued. Dad said it sounded like an Orangutan was in the computer room "OH...OH...OH...etc".

bigjimaz
06-25-2007, 09:27 PM
Hooker is also the name of a company that manufactures car exhaust components like headers, mufflers, etc.

As far as Hooker audio, You have to admire a company with a sense of humor. I found this from their website: http://www.hookeraudio.com/history.html

Our mission is to build a cool, high quality product that enables us to sell a lot. In turn we will take every dime that we make out of the company and drive it into virtual bankruptcy. At the precise moment that we have to pull the plug and let the company go, our hope is to be purchased by a large, faceless corporation for pennies on the dollar. This corporation will build the product cheaper, squeeze all the worth out of it, and drive the brand into oblivion, thereby confusing the consumers to the point that they no longer trust any brand of products.

It goes on to say that this isn't their story, but their competition's, but you gotta admit that it catches the eye.

Amethyst Hunter
06-26-2007, 03:54 AM
Where I live (not for too much longer since I'm moving this week, whee!) there is a local womens' civic organization called the Hookers, who do various community services and the like. I can only guess that they chose that name because damn near everything down here is related to fishing in some way (fishing hooks..."hook-ers"...).

Funny enough, they'll often make sport of the play on the name too - the leader of the group (which is a pretty sizeable gathering) is elected the "Madam." :D

uknz76
06-26-2007, 07:01 AM
For those who don't know rugby #2 is called the Hooker

We used to have a sports bar in town where all the staff had to wear rugby jerseys. Somehow all the girls ended up with number '2' on the back.

Subtle but funny!

Shironu-Akaineko
06-26-2007, 12:08 PM
Then after you hang up from the git, call the cops.

Moron will get a hooker for sure . . . :devil:

A T.J. Hooker!:lol:

greensinestro
06-26-2007, 02:00 PM
Did this lady call ABC back in 1982 when the TV show "T J Hooker" premiered?

RecoveringKinkoid
06-27-2007, 01:16 PM
Oh, man, how could I forget about "Sex Wax?" :lol: (my sister used to date a surfer. )