PDA

View Full Version : Proud of being an SC? [long-ish/language]

Happy Otter Lover
01-20-2008, 07:39 PM
I work in a small-ish restaurant in the downtown area of my town. Across the street there is a vacuum shop and the owner of the store (from here on known as R) is friendly with the owners of my restaurant and occasionally comes in for dinner, usually with his girlfriend. A couple weeks ago, his girlfriend came in, sat in the small "lounge" area (basically three armchairs and two small tv-dinner type tables under one of the televisions) and ordered herself a salad. When she was about half done her meal, R comes in to join her. I went over to give him a menu and ask if he'd like anything to drink, and he orders a double gin and something. When I go over to deliver it to him, his girlfriend is sitting in his lap and they're having cuddly time. In my opinion, this isn't really appropriate behaviour for a restaurant, but I ignore it for the time being and ask if he'd like his drink with him, or if I should put it on one of the tables. He looks at me like I have a dick growing out of my head, and, with a huge sneer, jerks his thumb to the table and turns back to his girlfriend.
When I was in the back, I made a comment to some of the cooks and the owners about why I didn't understand why he felt the need to come into the restaurant and be an asshole when he's friends with the owners and he knows he'll get good service (he would even if he wasn't friends with them)

So, R came back in this week. He walked straight up to the bar and started talking to my manager (one of the co-owners, hereon known as D). He said he wanted food, so she gave him a menu. I assumed it was a to-go order since he wasn't sitting down which meant D could deal with it and I continued with my cleaning. Somewhere in their conversation, he decides that he wants to stay so he seats himself at the table facing the bar so they can continue talking. I ask him if he wants anything to drink.

R: Yeah, give me a Sprite or something
Me: [pours him a Sprite]
R: [takes sip] What's in this?
Me: Uh... Sprite?
R: Why didn't you put some gin in it or something? I said I wanted a drink!
Me: ... OK...
D: You didn't actually say you wanted alcohol. You can't expect her to read your mind.
R: Fine, but I want a double!

He then starts talking about how earlier that evening he'd gone to another restaurant in town, which is a pizza restaurant and commonly known that the kitchen is run almost entirely by kids under the age of 20. This is the conversation he relayed to me:
R: I want a steak, medium-rare. Is there anyone in your kitchen capable of cooking a steak properly?
Server: I believe so
R: Well, make sure my steak gets cooked by someone competent!
S: [brings him steak, which turns out to be greatly overcooked]
R: This steak looks like an old boot! I asked for you to find someone competent to cook it! I should never have come to a restaurant like this and even thought I could have a decent meal! I'm not paying for this shit! I'm leaving!
S: [cries]
R: [laughs]

You know, I understand that it's not pleasant to be sent an overcooked meal, but there are diplomatic ways of dealing with it. Any you can guarantee that even if he hadn't made a scene, the manager would probably have comped his meal anyway, so the outburst and making the waitress cry was completely unnecessary.

He then recounts to me another story, about going into a Juicy Couture store to buy something for his girlfriend during Boxing Week sales, and he happened to be wearing a very expensive coat and feeling more up his own ass than usual.
R: How much are these pants?
Sales Girl: They are $x today because we are having a 50% off sale!
R: How much are these pants for me?
SG: Well, our sale applies to everyone. $x is a great deal!
R: I'm not buying these pants with a mere 50% off peasant deal! This is all dollar store crap! I'm leaving!

And then he laughs and says that she probably thought he was a big shot director or something because he was so nicely dressed and he bets she wishes she'd offered him a better deal. He goes on to say that that is how he treats every single person in every single store/restaurant he goes to because he feels that he gets better service that way. To which I replied "Not here you won't. If you're an asshole to me, I'll just completely ignore you"

I just am baffled as to why he would feel the need to not only be a dick to everyone, but to brag about it to someone who is in the industry? Also, during this entire conversation he kept making offhand comments about his girlfriend, and how weird and stupid she is, and how he doesn't know where his intentions lie with her. I thought it was completely inappropriate, because she comes into the restaurant fairly often and he knows that we know her. I've made it clear to the owners that I don't appreciate his attitude and don't wish for him to come into the restaurant anymore, but they won't do anything about it. Bah!

Sliceanddice
01-20-2008, 07:55 PM
those people hes a bastard to? Need to join up and talk to us and you should gang together to ban his ass.

Bright_Star
01-20-2008, 08:08 PM
How does being a complete jerk make a retail establishment kiss your ass for excellent service? Acting as if you got a pole shoved up your ass is no excuse for rude behavior.

powerboy
01-20-2008, 08:10 PM
At first, I thought it was going to be, because he was friends with the owner. But then you said this

He goes on to say that that is how he treats every single person in every single store/restaurant he goes to because he feels that he gets better service that way.

And now, he is simply a ego-inflated dick.

Peppergirl
01-20-2008, 08:10 PM
I feel that he suffers from "SPS".

Small

Penis

Syndrome

:lol:

BookstoreEscapee
01-20-2008, 08:18 PM
How does being a complete jerk make a retail establishment kiss your ass for excellent service? Acting as if you got a pole shoved up your ass is no excuse for rude behavior.

Now if you actually have a pole shoved up your ass, I could understand...hmm...maybe the OP should try it and at least give him an excuse for being a miserable SOB... :angel:

RetailWorkhorse
01-20-2008, 08:36 PM

Small

Penis

Syndrome

:spew:

Well, I guess I needed to clean my screen anyhow! :D

Gabrielle Proctor
01-20-2008, 09:06 PM
Fortunately, I am not required by the owner to put up with such bullshit. I would straight up tell him, "feel free to never come back."

RecoveringKinkoid
01-20-2008, 10:18 PM
I am willing to bet that TinyPenisMan got sent an overcooked boot instead of a competently cooked steak because someone in the place recognized him. You know? Wanted to make sure he got "excellent service to encourage his return".

CancelMyService
01-20-2008, 11:34 PM
Let this be a lesson, this is what caving in to SC behavior gets. You create an expectation that boorish behavior is what's needed to get what you want. As long as spineless managers and brainless corporate suits continue to give the sceaming assholes what they want, they'll continue to act that way. I mean, why would they stop when everyone runs around wanting to pacify the overgrown toddler making a scene?

Peppergirl
01-20-2008, 11:39 PM
Let this be a lesson, this is what caving in to SC behavior gets. You create an expectation that boorish behavior is what's needed to get what you want. As long as spineless managers and brainless corporate suits continue to give the sceaming assholes what they want, they'll continue to act that way. I mean, why would they stop when everyone runs around wanting to pacify the overgrown toddler making a scene?

A-freakin'-men!!!!

It amazes me that tiny-penis-man is a business owner himself. I wish I knew where his store was. If it was close to me, I'd visit his store and make a complete ass out of myself, just to make his life hell. :devil:

Forensic Waitress
01-20-2008, 11:55 PM
Tinypenisman needs the stick taken out of his arse, then have it used to bash him around the head until he has had a brain adjustment and then shove the pole right back up there just for shits and giggles.

protege
01-21-2008, 03:29 AM
I worked with a guy like that. He'd go into various food establishments, bitch about the prices and/or portion sizes...and then couldn't figure out why he got such poor service. As if that wasn't enough, he'd also try to negotiate a lower price on things like... a $2 sandwich :rolleyes: Eventually, he did that to enough people, that he couldn't even get a meal within walking distance, and got into trouble with the boss when they told him about it.

Becks
01-21-2008, 04:39 AM
He needs many, many, MANY trips through the chipper.

I'll get it going.

:chipper:

donruss
01-21-2008, 05:58 AM
I'll do my part.

Happy Otter Lover
01-21-2008, 06:01 AM
That feels good!

Becks
01-21-2008, 04:35 PM
I can see that I'm a trendsetter. :D

PepperElf
01-21-2008, 04:48 PM

Small

Penis

Syndrome

no. that's an insult to the small penises out there...
i'm sure he's much smaller. :devil:

smileyeagle1021
01-21-2008, 04:49 PM
This is why I'm greatful that I'm on the phones and if someone get's too bad I can have the call "accidently" drop (and if the person is really bad management will appreciate it because they consider us a somewhat first line of defense because if the person is a dick to the people on the phones they will be dicks to the other guests and will cause more problems than they are worth).
My favorite variation of that is
sc "what's the best price you can do for me tonight"
me "with what I have available I can do an x room at y rate"
sc "I know you can do better, you wouldn't want the room to just sit empty tonight"
...now it's gotten to the point where I say
me "to be honest sir, we've already met our sales goal for tonight, in fact to start selling additional rooms tonight we will have to pay the housekeepers overtime tomorrow, so at this time yes I would rather have it sit empty than rent it out for a lower rate"
... i have no idea if that is true or not, but it sounds good :angel:

Ironclad Alibi
01-21-2008, 08:57 PM

Small

Penis

Syndrome

no. that's an insult to the small penises out there...
i'm sure he's much smaller. :devil:

There's also MPS (Micro Penis Syndrome) and NPS (Nano Penis Syndrome).

crazylegs
01-21-2008, 09:08 PM
There's also MPS (Micro Penis Syndrome) and NPS (Nano Penis Syndrome).

You forgot Miniscule Penis Man, my dick is the size of my brain man and my personal favourite, the biggest tosspot ever to grace the face of the planet man.

How pathetic do you have to get that you get your rocks off by bullying and intimidating other people who have a perceived lower status than yourself, which brings me nicely onto my quote of the day.

Judge a man not on how he treats his equals but how he treats those who serve him. ~ ~ (probably paraphrasing slightly) Unknown

LifeCarnie
01-21-2008, 09:16 PM
I wonder if this guy has any idea about how much flem he gets served with his food.

crazylegs
01-21-2008, 09:19 PM
I wonder if this guy has any idea about how much flem he gets served with his food.

While food contamination is normally frowned upon here that comment made me about this far ----> < from violating rule #1! :lol:

Seshat
01-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Yes: advocating food contamination is against the rules here.

As for the main topic of conversation: my husband once worked for a company whose management had thoroughly pissed off every IT supplier in the city, to the point that they had nowhere to get computer parts.

My husband took the contract as their IT guy before he knew that, of course. Anyway, his reputation in the city was good, so he ended up managing to interface between the company and the IT suppliers, getting service on the promise that he'd handle the company and the supplier only needed to contact him.

Naturally, the company's managers would sometimes bypass my husband and go straight to the supplier - and the supplier would cut off supply again.

Eventually, my husband left for a lower-paid but less stressful job. And the company has to ship computer equipment in from interstate because noone local will deal with them again.

Velfarre2001
01-22-2008, 03:05 AM
Advocating it? Where? LifeCarnie was making a comment, one that is probably very true.

On topic, I would have commented on how he probably can't even afford the 50% due to blowing all his money on a fancy suit.

Regret not selling him anything? They need to learn it is not how much money you HAVE, it is how much money you SPEND that matters.

Retail Associate
01-22-2008, 07:15 AM
...Acting as if you got a pole shoved up your ass is no excuse for rude behavior...

Hmmm! SC on a stick! What a brilliant concept!

Tria
01-22-2008, 05:37 PM
Hmmm! SC on a stick! What a brilliant concept!

Shit! Call Jeff Dunham! It'll go well with Jose Jalapeno and Chihuaha on a Stick.

ShockQueen
01-23-2008, 12:48 AM
Shit! Call Jeff Dunham! It'll go well with Jose Jalapeno and Chihuaha on a Stick.

HA! And then Peanut will slam HIS "steeck" in the door!

myswtghst
01-23-2008, 03:52 AM
Regret not selling him anything? They need to learn it is not how much money you HAVE, it is how much money you SPEND that matters.

Damn straight. And funny enough, I've noticed that the more mouthing off this twits do, the less they usually spend, making them even *less* worth the hassle. :p

Pagan
03-23-2008, 12:24 AM
Y'all are forgetting one thing with all of the _______ Penis Syndrome variations....

you're assuming that he even has one! :p

Irving Patrick Freleigh
03-23-2008, 01:26 AM
That guy's penis must be so small, the two Japanese guys from that episode of South Park would be hung better than him.

I'd send him through the chipper too, but gas is expensive and he isn't worth it to me. On the other hand, round up the various corporate suits and managers who grovel to people like him and prove him correct by giving him better service than he deserves, and we have a deal.

tropicsgoddess
03-23-2008, 01:34 AM
Guys like him that have the micro penis syndrome and get their jollies off by acting like huge dicks and treating people like crap can be treated or cured in several different ways: :chipper: ,a nice hard kick in his miniature nether regions ,or a foot up his ass. :devil:

dispatch
03-23-2008, 02:06 AM
I've said this before, but I feel it bears repeating here; Bullies like this who get their kicks in by by being abusive to people who will lose their jobs for defending themselves or fighting back are why I don't like people. I may be weird, but I beleive in at least being cordial with the staff and if there's a problem I'll quietly tell a manager. When it's all over, let the waiter know how you feel with the tip (everyone gets at least 10% or $1, whichever's higher).

Lace Neil Singer
03-23-2008, 03:19 PM
I will say that he probably gets terrible service everywhere he goes cuz of his attitude; he probably can't work out why waitstaff seat him next to the toilets every time. -.-

chainedbarista
03-24-2008, 03:50 PM
pagan says:you're assuming that he even has one!

exactly what i was thinking; 'ken' has enough to make this guy green with eternal envy. i'm guessing lack of not just male memberage, but a great many other things, are factoring into this guy's particular behavioral problems.

gunsage
03-24-2008, 06:03 PM
those people hes a bastard to? Need to join up and talk to us and you should gang together to ban his ass.
Remember that one scene in Fight Club? You know, where Pitt and a bunch of the underground FC-ers corner the dude in the stall and threaten to castrate him for "****ing with them?" Yeah...that should be a daily occurrence for SCs. :devil: