PDA

View Full Version : Yes, because serving you is the only good thing going on in my life

customersruinmylife
03-13-2008, 01:33 PM
This guy was just irritating. He came into the bar when we were busy, and walked up to me.

SC: Now, I know you don't do table service here but I was wondering...can I have table service?
Me: I'm sorry sir, but we are too busy to give you table service. If I were to give you table service, then everyone else would want it.
SC: But just think of how happy it is going to make you feel!
Me: Happy?
SC: Yes! When I leave here, you will be happy knowing that you have made a customer happy!
Me: But sir, I will have left about 150 people unhappy because I will be ignoring them in order to give you table service.
SC: Look, if you knew ANYTHING about customer service, you would do as I asked and be happy.
Me: Sir, I have about one hundred customers who have ordered food, and are waiting for meals. Is it good customer service to forget about them just so you don't have to wait in line?
SC: So, you're saying I have to wait? Like everyone else?
Me: Yes sir.
SC: Well, I don't want to do that. I'm leaving. That won't make you happy, will it?
Me: No comment sir.

Yes because I do get my kicks out of making a single customer happy. My friends, my family, my loved ones, they don't make me happy. A single customer is all I need to make me happy!

Yeah right.

Victoria J
03-13-2008, 01:38 PM
SC: Well, I don't want to do that. I'm leaving. That won't make you happy, will it?

:lol:
I can't say I was with him up to that statement - he was wrong on every level, but that comment makes me think he was out right delusional.

I imagine you threw a party when he left you were so pleased to see him go.

Victoria J

Shangri-laschild
03-13-2008, 01:41 PM
Apparently I know nothing about customer service because what makes me happy is then they friggen leave....

iviles
03-13-2008, 01:57 PM
:eek:...wow I was waiting for "dont you know who I am!"

Alpha Strike
03-13-2008, 05:59 PM
:eek:...wow I was waiting for "dont you know who I am!"

I expected one of three responses:

1) "Where's your manager?!"
2) "I'm going to go the competition then!"
3) "I've spent X amount of money - you should make an exception for me!"

I'm always entertained by folks who ask me if I know what good customer service is, and then proceed to describe something that isn't anywhere on the same planet as good customer service.

meghann
03-13-2008, 06:56 PM

"Actually, sir, that would make me very happy. Good day."

chainedbarista
03-13-2008, 08:11 PM
i know what it is, but sometimes, i just don't feel you deserve it. now are you happy?

waahhbulance time for that one.

i love it when they don't get their way that they almost always fall onto the 'good customer' service schtick. yes, because ignoring everyone in favor of your selfish ass is good service.

i choose the majority's happiness over one self absorbed jackass any day.

crazylegs
03-13-2008, 08:14 PM
No I won't serve your food, but I will serve your arse on a plate! :lol::roll::lol:

Saydrah
03-13-2008, 08:18 PM
You should find out where he works, come in, and demand he drop everything he's doing to make you happy...

Foxglove8778
03-14-2008, 01:02 AM

the only way I'd be happier is if I got to watch you slip and fall on your arse on the way out.

iviles
03-14-2008, 01:09 AM
You should find out where he works, come in, and demand he drop everything he's doing to make you happy...

That would be so great :devil: but you know they would flip out and call security.

Andara Bledin
03-14-2008, 01:43 AM
This thread makes me go all Star Trekkie....

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

^-.-^

Slow-Jo
03-14-2008, 02:24 AM
lol! oh yes, because your world revolves around that guys life. er no!

tropicsgoddess
03-14-2008, 05:16 AM
Did somebody order a Wah-Burger with a side of French Cries? Seriously, dude must be delusional to think that people in customer service are supposed to bend at the whim of a customer with a big Kool-Aid smile no matter what. NOT! :rolleyes:

Dips
03-14-2008, 01:22 PM
I'm picturing that entire conversation taking place with you having a neutral expression on your face until you deliver the "no comment" line. That's when you get a great big happy grin. :D

marasbaras
03-14-2008, 01:40 PM
It's really unfortunate that people in the OP's position can't just say the truth:

Server: It would make me ecstatic, sir.

Rapscallion
03-15-2008, 09:00 PM
Me: No comment sir, and you can quoth me on that.

Edited for my amusement.

Rapscallion

MadMike
03-15-2008, 09:21 PM
Apparently I know nothing about customer service because what makes me happy is then they friggen leave....

That reminds me of a sign I saw in a bar once:

"Every customer brings happiness -- some by coming in, and some by leaving."

Sounds to me like that one belonged in the latter category.

El Pollo Guerrera
03-15-2008, 09:37 PM

What you need is a speaker just outside the door... As he leaves, you push a button and the sound of an audience cheering is played.

Rapscallion
05-18-2008, 07:04 AM
CRML? Stand up and take a comic-related bow!

Rapscallion

Toujin
05-18-2008, 08:22 AM
That guy sounded very delusional, almost like he had a superiority or god-complex. Then again, I noticed that many SCs seem to develop a sort of megalomania as soon as they step in the door.

friendofjimmyk
05-18-2008, 02:04 PM
WWWWOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!! The entitlement is strong in this one.

tropicsgoddess
05-18-2008, 02:26 PM

What would make me happy is the door hitting his ass on the way out...and getting a faceplant. :devil:. I'm evil, but damn it's more fun than being :angel:.

CrazedClerkthe2nd
05-18-2008, 06:45 PM
To hell with customers who think it is our job to be their personal servents and bend to their every wish...and to hell with dumbass corporate suits who think the same and are to blame for "The customer is always right"

Mamadrae
05-18-2008, 09:32 PM
I worked in a like mentality resturant and there was only 1 exception to that rule. Disabled folks who'd have a hard time carrying the tray to a table. We had a older gentleman who was blind and needed a cane to see where he was who came in regularly. No one ever had a problem with it but there was a guy one time who tried to say we had to serve him first because he was up front now while the blind man was sitting.

I told the guy he could wait like everyone else did while I finished the gentleman's order.

Ironclad Alibi
05-19-2008, 02:13 AM
CRML, congratulations on being featured in the Customers Suck cartoon (http://www.customerssuck.com/strip/index.php?date=2008-05-18).

Evil Queen
05-19-2008, 02:21 AM
Woot! :D Nice comic.

customersruinmylife
05-19-2008, 11:17 AM
CRML, congratulations on being featured in the Customers Suck cartoon (http://www.customerssuck.com/strip/index.php?date=2008-05-18).

Wow! I can't believe I'm a comic! I'm very grateful. Although I'm not bald :D

Rapscallion
05-19-2008, 11:51 AM
I've just received the latest batch of cartoons. There's a chance you may be featured in there as well :D

Rapscallion

customersruinmylife
05-21-2008, 01:04 AM
I've just received the latest batch of cartoons. There's a chance you may be featured in there as well :D

Rapscallion

*giggles like schoolgirl*