PDA

View Full Version : Yes, that is a printer.

draggar
01-30-2009, 04:50 PM
If you've read my previous posts - my office has been going though a reduction of printers. Many of the ones that are left behind are MFCs (Multi-Function Centers). The room with one such MFC (a Xerox) had it's HP laserjet 4200 removed.

I told people that they could map to the printer in that room (and I give them the room#). They soon email me back stating that the printer is missing. I assure them that it is in there since I saw it this morning.

Of course, they insist that it is gone.

I walk down and see the MFC there and I tell them that the printer is in there. They walk in and ask "where is it? I don't see it!"

"It's that big thing right in front of you while you're standing in the doorway".

"I thought that was a copier?"

"It is a multi-function machine meaning it is a scanner, copier, fax, and printer!"

mattm04
01-30-2009, 05:38 PM
Ah yes, the it's a copier. My school has been transitioning some labs to copiers/printers. Now you don't need to go to the library or other location to make a copy, just feed it money or swipe your card and presto a COPY.

Now it is fun to see the multiple copies of stuff sitting on top of the machine from people who printed, looked for printer, printed again, repeat. (we have to pay for copies, not prints) They had to put up sings on the walls that say the copier is the printer. Yet over a year later some students still haven't figured it out.:cry:

MrSmiley
01-31-2009, 06:00 AM
I remember being amazed a decade ago when I finally realized that the scanner hooked up to my computer... and the printer hooked up to my computer... could be used in tandem to essentially work as a photocopier!

Some of us aren't swift ;)

DGoddessChardonnay
02-01-2009, 06:50 AM
I remember being amazed a decade ago when I finally realized that the scanner hooked up to my computer... and the printer hooked up to my computer... could be used in tandem to essentially work as a photocopier!

I did the same thing when I got my first flatbed scanner (and I still have it to this day.)

But then I was more amazed by technology back then . . . I think I've gotten more accustomed to it these days.:lol:

draggar
02-04-2009, 02:53 PM

If you had a 56K modem it was also a fax!! :eek::D

I've always wanted to make a copier / fax / printer / scanner / shredder - I'm sure it would sell very well in corporate America! :D

I did the same thing when I got my first flatbed scanner (and I still have it to this day.)

But then I was more amazed by technology back then . . . I think I've gotten more accustomed to it these days.:lol:

Visioneer (something) - great SW package
Then I went to my HP Scanjet 5300 - the best f-ing scanner I've ever seen - its about 6 or7 years old and still love it. I've bought other scanners since but nothing compares.

prb
02-05-2009, 12:21 AM
I've always wanted to make a copier / fax / printer / scanner / shredder - I'm sure it would sell very well in corporate America! :DOoohhh.. me likes

AriRashkae
02-05-2009, 05:26 PM
I've always wanted to make a copier / fax / printer / scanner / shredder - I'm sure it would sell very well in corporate America! :D

I'd hate to take the support calls on it though. :lol: How long do you think it would take before someone shredded what they were trying to scan/copy/fax?

dalesys
02-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Like the classic story (probably a true urban legend) about the puzzled new hire standing next to the shredder with a handfull of papers:

"How does this work?"
"Like this." Stuff. Bzzzt.
"Cool. Where do the copies come out?"

mattm04
02-13-2009, 12:48 AM
I'd hate to take the support calls on it though. :lol: How long do you think it would take before someone shredded what they were trying to scan/copy/fax?

30 seconds. Tops.

Bandit
02-13-2009, 01:00 AM

Extra points if it A) defaults to "shred" and B) the BIG GREEN BUTTON does not ask "Y/N?" :D

B