PDA

View Full Version : The Funny Penny

purplecat41877
05-07-2009, 06:36 AM
Yesterday, when I was filling the coin tower of the register I was closing, I came across a penny that resembled the shape of a bowl. This penny happens to be a funny penny since I got a good laugh when I saw it.:roll::lol:

Dreamstalker
05-07-2009, 01:52 PM
That's cool, I can't think of what would make it bowl-shaped.

I once received at GameStore a quarter that looked like it had been run over by a train (it probably had, although the perp likely did it on the Green Line where it's easy to get to the actual tracks). The thing was stretched and flattened; both faces were very slightly visible still and the milled edge was more like a scalloped edge. Boss went :wtf: , wrote it off and I swiped it later.

iradney
05-07-2009, 02:32 PM
We often find coins where the "silver" has rubbed off and you can see the nickel metal below. They're generally useless for vending machines :(

Andara Bledin
05-10-2009, 01:49 PM
We often find coins where the "silver" has rubbed off and you can see the nickel metal below. They're generally useless for vending machines :(
I have a nickel slug that some slug used to buy candy at the honor system snack shop my company runs.

^-.-^

Dreamstalker
05-10-2009, 03:38 PM
I have quite a few copper slugs courtesy of my grandfather (he used to be in the Secret Service and did a lot of counterfeiting busts).