PDA

View Full Version : YOU called ME!

Dave1982
03-02-2011, 02:47 PM
This had better not be an indication of how the rest of my day is going to go....

Guy calls in, and immediately there's a problem because he had a very thick accent. He said something about having rented a car last month and needed to give us (as in the insurance agency I'm covering at this week) "a number" which he kept trying to just rattle off to me.

Despite asking several times, he refused to give me his name. That right there means he can't be helped, because I already know he's not calling to get a quote on a new policy, therefore there's nothign that can be done if he's not a policy holder, and that can't be determined if he doesn't cough up his name or the name of the agent on his account.

SC: So who do I give the number to?

Damned if I know. YOU called ME, remember? If you dont' know what you're calling in about, then I sure as hell don't.

SC: Can't I just give it to you?

Me: Sir, without some basic information I would have NO idea who to give the number to.

Eventually, my colleague directed me to ask if he was looking for [different company] and the guy says "Oh, yes!"

Me: Then you have called the wrong number.

SC: Well I just don't see how that is possible.

Me: This is [company] not [different company].

SC: But I called the number I was given!

Me: Then you were given the wrong number.

SC: I'm not in the United States.

Yes, I know that from your accent. Doesn't change anything.

Me: If you're not a policy-holder with this company, and you're not calling to buy a policy, then tehre's nothing we can do.

SC: OK, I'll get this figured out. Bye.

He'd better not call back......

MoonCat
03-03-2011, 02:12 AM
Yow. That one hurt my brain.