PDA

View Full Version : My dog wont stop licking my couch...

Amina516
07-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Yes, I know that sounds perverted... :p Title is pretty self explanatory. I cant get the dog to STOP licking the couch so every AM i come home to a BIG wet spot in a random area. IDK what shes licking. Im sure some of it is random things my have dropped or sweat or something but...wtf.

This is a rather recent habit, as in starting within the last few months. Idea? How o I get her to stop short of soaking the couch in hot sauce or something? :D

RecoveringKinkoid
07-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Product called "Bitter Apple". Spray on stuff, no odor. Just really, really bitter.

Parrothead
07-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Bitter apple (http://www.amazon.com/Grannicks-Bitter-Apple-Bottle-Ounces/dp/B00028ZMEO) would help. Also you could try washing your couch with something like this (http://www.amazon.com/Natures-Miracle-Stain-Odor-Remover/dp/B0002ASLMW/ref=pd_sim_k_6) in case she's licking up a spill or something.

jedimaster91
07-05-2011, 01:48 PM
If bitter apple doesn't work, there's also a product called Bitter Lime (http://www.petdiscounters.com/Bitter-Lime-Spray_p_14624.html) that's apparently worse. You can only get it online, though.

fireheart
07-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Not exactly as bad, but my boyfriend's dog is this somewhat annoying Jack Russell X Chihaua thing. (I seriously cannot spell the damn dog breed >_<)

It has this habit of going up to people and pulling the socks off of their feet. And my boyfriend encourages this.

Eisa
07-05-2011, 06:20 PM
I have no advice, but I totally read the title as the dog won't stop licking your cooch and all I could think was :jawdrop: :lol:

Cazzi
07-05-2011, 07:14 PM
I'm so glad it wasn't just me reading things wrong :o

Sandman
07-05-2011, 07:57 PM
eisa... you're not the only one who read it like that

boringscreenname
07-05-2011, 10:11 PM
Our dog used to lick one side of our loveseat all the time. I think she liked it, because it was pleather. I'm not sure why that was so appealing to her but it was.

I used the Bitter Apple spray when I had two puppies, and they actually liked the taste of it. Wish I would've known about the Bitter Lime spray.

BookstoreEscapee
07-05-2011, 11:25 PM
(I seriously cannot spell the damn dog breed >_<)

Chihuahua (pronounced chee-HOO-ah-HOO-ah :D)

It has this habit of going up to people and pulling the socks off of their feet. And my boyfriend encourages this.

OK, that would be cute...once. Maybe twice.

draggar
07-05-2011, 11:45 PM
.. another vote for bitter apple / lime.

Amina516
07-06-2011, 01:24 PM
Thanks all! Ill have to search for the bitter lime. The dog LOVES the taste of bitter apple....yeah, shes weird.

Amina516
07-06-2011, 01:24 PM
I have no advice, but I totally read the title as the dog won't stop licking your cooch and all I could think was :jawdrop: :lol:

Yeah, i read it as that too and im the one who freaking typed it! :p

Kara
07-06-2011, 05:28 PM

*raises hand*

Also guilty.

jedimaster91
07-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Thanks all! Ill have to search for the bitter lime.

I think you have to order it online. And be careful with that stuff once you get it. My friend that told me about it got it on her hands while spraying it and then accidentally touched her face. The taste got in her mouth and she describes it as most foul and difficult to get rid of. So nick some gloves from work and wash your hands well after using. ;)

csquared
07-06-2011, 08:08 PM
How o I get her to stop short of soaking the couch in hot sauce or something? :D

Mine like hot sauce (Loves hot wings) and Bitter Apple.

If you can tolerate it, try Vicks VapoRub.

If she is licking the same area, I would be inclined to give that area a thorough cleaning. While Nature's Miracle is great for removing pet odors, I would probably use Resolve.

Me too :ashamed:

draggar
07-06-2011, 08:35 PM
A few other pointers:

Get a couch cover, they're easy to wash. :)

Also, maybe some more toys for the dog, rope bones, etc..?