PDA

View Full Version : Gee,it'd be nice if you TOLD US!!!!

Frantic Freddie
10-13-2011, 07:43 PM
We're supposed to play at the Moose Lodge tomorrow nite.

Good thing I called my brother,asked him what he was doin' tomorrow afternoon,he says "I'm cooking for the gathering tomorrow,the one y'all are playin' for"

Me: :confused::confused::confused:

"They never called us!"

"They're certainly expecting you" my brother tells me "Supposed to be over 100 people,that's why they wanted you guys" :eek:

So I call the Governor (that's what they call the head guy in a Moose Lodge) & leave a message to the effect of "CALL ME NOW!!!!",then I called the guys & told 'em we had to play. Then I had to call the friend I was gonna play percussion for tomorrow afternoon & tell him I couldn't make it (no big deal really,I just back him up for fun mostly,gives me a chance to get out from behind the drums),he said he'd come see us tomorrow & maybe sit in with us.

I think what might've happened is that he told me once that they wanted to rotate us with the other band,that's fine but he didn't say when.We last played there 2 weeks ago & if they want us every 2 weeks we're OK with that,but dammit tell me!

Andara Bledin
10-13-2011, 08:26 PM
Wow.

I wonder how that one managed to fall through the cracks.

It's kind of important to make sure that the entertainment you're advertising as attending actually knows they're expected to attend.

^-.-^

Frantic Freddie
10-14-2011, 02:08 AM
Wow.

I wonder how that one managed to fall through the cracks.

^-.-^

You have no idea how often that happens :roll:

The Gov' called & admitted it was his bad for not callin' me 4-5 days before to confirm,but he'd written it down!
I gently reminded him that the end of the night,we're movin' stuff, everybody's had a drink, things are chaotic, that's no time to tell me "Y'all come play on the 14th" as I'm walkin' by with 100 lbs of drum stands.

All's well,we'll have a good time,as will they & again we'll probably make almost as much in tips as we get paid :D

BeenThereDoneThat
10-14-2011, 05:04 AM
No wonder you're Frantic, Freddie!! :roll: Glad it's all going to work out well :)