View Full Version : Gee,it'd be nice if you TOLD US!!!!

Frantic Freddie
10-13-2011, 07:43 PM
We're supposed to play at the Moose Lodge tomorrow nite.

Good thing I called my brother,asked him what he was doin' tomorrow afternoon,he says "I'm cooking for the gathering tomorrow,the one y'all are playin' for"

Me: :confused::confused::confused:

"They never called us!"

"They're certainly expecting you" my brother tells me "Supposed to be over 100 people,that's why they wanted you guys" :eek:

So I call the Governor (that's what they call the head guy in a Moose Lodge) & leave a message to the effect of "CALL ME NOW!!!!",then I called the guys & told 'em we had to play. Then I had to call the friend I was gonna play percussion for tomorrow afternoon & tell him I couldn't make it (no big deal really,I just back him up for fun mostly,gives me a chance to get out from behind the drums),he said he'd come see us tomorrow & maybe sit in with us.

I think what might've happened is that he told me once that they wanted to rotate us with the other band,that's fine but he didn't say when.We last played there 2 weeks ago & if they want us every 2 weeks we're OK with that,but dammit tell me!

Andara Bledin
10-13-2011, 08:26 PM

I wonder how that one managed to fall through the cracks.

It's kind of important to make sure that the entertainment you're advertising as attending actually knows they're expected to attend.

Frantic Freddie
10-14-2011, 02:08 AM

I wonder how that one managed to fall through the cracks.

You have no idea how often that happens :roll:

The Gov' called & admitted it was his bad for not callin' me 4-5 days before to confirm,but he'd written it down!
I gently reminded him that the end of the night,we're movin' stuff, everybody's had a drink, things are chaotic, that's no time to tell me "Y'all come play on the 14th" as I'm walkin' by with 100 lbs of drum stands.

All's well,we'll have a good time,as will they & again we'll probably make almost as much in tips as we get paid :D

10-14-2011, 05:04 AM
No wonder you're Frantic, Freddie!! :roll: Glad it's all going to work out well :)