PDA

View Full Version : "Let me in!!!"

customersruinmylife
03-26-2007, 02:03 PM
Last night was a very very VERY quiet shift. I have never seen the place so empty. On a Sunday, we usually close at 1am, but the manager was walking around the place, and was fed up because there were only two people in the bar, so he decided to close up at 11pm. This would save a lot of hours and money, because the amount of money being brought in was a lot less than what he was paying for us to be there.

So, we close at 11pm, everyone is out, great stuff. We get our drinks and sit down and relax.

We hear the doors shaking, then another set, then another. Then the windows are being battered on.

Manager: Ignore them. They'll go away.

They didnt go away. Four customers, all very drunk, battering on the windows and shouting for us to let them in. I recognised these four, they are very annoying regulars who basically come in and trash the place once we've tidied everything up. No way in hell were they getting in.

The manager waves at them, then carries on drinking.

SC: LET US IN!
Manager goes up to the window.
Manager: I'm sorry, I didn't quiet catch that?
SC: LET US IN!
Manager: Sorry, we're closed.
SC: No you're not! You don't close til 1am! It's only 11:45!
Manager: I'm sorry, we're closed.
SC: WHY???
Manager: I dont need to give you an explaination.
SC: YES YOU DO! I WILL BE TAKING THIS UP WITH YOUR MANAGER!
Manager: I am the manager. This is MY bar, and I will close whenever I like. Thank you.
SC: LET US THE F**K IN!! WE WANT TO DRINK!!
Manager: I'm sorry? I can't hear you? What did you say?
The manager returns and sits with us. The four customers stood outside for 20 minutes, looking very confused as we sat and enjoyed our drinks.

iradney
03-26-2007, 02:24 PM
Yay Manager! *hands over Noddy badge* well done there :) wish I could've been there to see their faces :D

ditchdj
03-26-2007, 02:44 PM
Why not just call the cops and let them get hauled away for public intoxication??? ;)

Imogene
03-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Not by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin!

Shironu-Akaineko
03-26-2007, 05:54 PM
Not by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin!

Then I'll huff!
And I'll puff!
AND I'LL CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL the media!:roll:

NightAngel
03-26-2007, 06:17 PM
GAH!

We had something similar last night. this woman called and asked what time we closed I told her, "In 15 minutes." She says she's going to try and make it. She didn't but she only BARELY missed it. The SM locked the door and within seconds (she must have been running across the parking lot when he locked it) she was outside shaking the doors.

her: "LET ME IN!"
SM: "We're closed."
Her: "THE GIRL ON THE PHONE SAID 15 MINUTES! I MADE IT! LET ME IN!"
SM: "We're closed! The computers are down and I have no way to check out customers!"
Her: "I just want to trade this movie!"
SM: "I CAN'T do anything for you now! We're closed!"

Anyway- they bantered for a moment and as he was walking away she was fiercely shaking the doors. Then she went around and punched the window behind me. Perhaps she thought she could punch through? NOT!

We get back to the office and the phone rings I say, "It's her."
SM answers with the standard greeting that includes first name.
Her: "Thanks! Now I know your name! *CLICK!*"

SM laughs as he's putting the receiver down and says, "Please do call corporate and tell them that I wouldn't let you in after close. Just one more thing they can praise me for." :lol:

Imogene
03-26-2007, 07:41 PM
Then I'll huff!
And I'll puff!
AND I'LL CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL the media!:roll:

Yay! Media! I couldn't think of any way to adapt the saying.
*hugs, offers a peanut butter and chocolate chip cookie*

ShortTemperHatesStupidity
03-26-2007, 07:51 PM
GAH!

We had something similar last night. this woman called and asked what time we closed I told her, "In 15 minutes." She says she's going to try and make it. She didn't but she only BARELY missed it. The SM locked the door and within seconds (she must have been running across the parking lot when he locked it) she was outside shaking the doors.
<snip>
SM laughs as he's putting the receiver down and says, "Please do call corporate and tell them that I wouldn't let you in after close. Just one more thing they can praise me for." :lol:

I forsee a sucky customer lying about their tardy arrival time and me-thinks perhaps a sniveling little wimp at corporate getting the call, apologizing and sending a gift card for her troubles.

Becks
03-26-2007, 10:29 PM
CRML, doesn't your state have a law against serving/selling alcohol to obviously drunk people?

NightAngel
03-27-2007, 01:40 AM
I forsee a sucky customer lying about their tardy arrival time and me-thinks perhaps a sniveling little wimp at corporate getting the call, apologizing and sending a gift card for her troubles.

Nope. They'll just pull up the computer log time for when the last register was closed out.
Not to mention that we've got security tapes, etc. to prove the time.

customersruinmylife
03-27-2007, 02:47 AM
CRML, doesn't your state have a law against serving/selling alcohol to obviously drunk people?

Oh yeah, we have those laws and policies, but it makes the story all the more amusing

Shironu-Akaineko
03-27-2007, 03:05 AM
Yay! Media! I couldn't think of any way to adapt the saying.
*hugs, offers a peanut butter and chocolate chip cookie*

OoooOOooh! Sugar sugar~:love:

Imogene
03-27-2007, 05:40 AM
OoooOOooh! Sugar sugar~:love:

Dnt dnt dnt dnt, da da!
Oh, honey honey!
Dnt dnt dnt dnt, da da!
I'll be your candy girl, but only because you made me remember this song.

powerboy
03-27-2007, 05:41 AM
We have a metal security sliding door. We lock it. Well this one idiot walked past my buddie and I, after we were close. He stood at the door looking at, and then looks down, and then tries to pull the lock apart:lol:. And when we told him that we were closed, he started cursing up a storm. He told us that we better let him in, and that he is going to corporate on us, and get us fired. My buddy simply told him that he owns the place, and that we are closed. Also for him to leave. And yes, it happened today.

Mr. Rude
03-27-2007, 03:21 PM
To OP manager...

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Well done !! :cheers:

Kara
03-27-2007, 03:45 PM
LET ME IN!
NO we will not let you in.
LET ME IN!
LET ME IN!
Never never never never never never let you in... noooOOOOoooooohhhhh...

:muya:

Go ahead, call corporate... doesn't reeeeaaaaally matter tooooo mmmeeeeeeee.

:roll:

Beelzebub has a customer in queue for me
for me
for meeeeeeeee!

03-27-2007, 03:47 PM
Nope. They'll just pull up the computer log time for when the last register was closed out.
Not to mention that we've got security tapes, etc. to prove the time.

Well damn, you sure did win the lottery on that one...

reformedwaitress
03-27-2007, 03:52 PM
I'm a weird one. I LIKE when people do that. :devil: Cause then I get to do this (I've only gotten to do it once before, at the bar in Atlanta)

Them: (banging on the door from the outside) LET US IN! LET US IN!
Us: (me and my best friend, banging on the door from the inside) LET US OUT! LET US OUT!

That confused them into silence. :lol:

(people who get the reference -- you know true cinema!)

03-27-2007, 03:56 PM
OMG... I LOVE LOVE LOVE that movie! Tim Curry was brilliant.

Imogene
03-28-2007, 01:20 AM
Hmmm... Tim Curry? I'm envisioning Gonzo and Rizzo for some reason... it must be Muppet Treasure Island...

lordlundar
03-28-2007, 01:46 AM
I was thinking Lion King myself.

Imogene
03-28-2007, 02:16 AM
It shows up there, too, but Tim Curry wasn't in that.

reformedwaitress
03-28-2007, 03:38 AM
Only one of the best and funniest movies ever made, people! :lol:

Clue. Came out in 80 something with Tim Curry, Eileen Brennan, Madeline Kahn, Christopher Lloyd, Lesley Anne Warren and various and asundry other hilarious people.

Tim Curry is hilarious, as is everyone else. Also gave us such great lines as, " 'Why has the car stopped?' 'It's frightened.' " and "A plant? I thought men like you were usually called a fruit." and " 'Everything alright?' 'Yup, two corpses, everything's fine' "

Really, if you've never seen it, rent it and watch it. It's GREAT.

Tigress
03-28-2007, 06:01 AM
Only one of the best and funniest movies ever made, people! :lol:

Clue. Came out in 80 something with Tim Curry, Eileen Brennan, Madeline Kahn, Christopher Lloyd, Lesley Anne Warren and various and asundry other hilarious people.

Tim Curry is hilarious, as is everyone else. Also gave us such great lines as, " 'Why has the car stopped?' 'It's frightened.' " and "A plant? I thought men like you were usually called a fruit." and " 'Everything alright?' 'Yup, two corpses, everything's fine' "

Really, if you've never seen it, rent it and watch it. It's GREAT.

My husband and I have that on DVD. Among other very quirky movies. My mother fears for my sanity when she sees my collection.

03-28-2007, 01:10 PM
It was on Comcast On Demand the other day. I couldn't wait to watch it. Seriously, it is a fantastic movie.

greensinestro
03-28-2007, 01:21 PM
Must be nice being your own boss! Open and close when you want, turn away whomever you want. The American Dream come true!

Broomjockey
03-28-2007, 05:52 PM

I love this movie. It's gotta be one of my top 5 favorite movies of all time! I also recommend that anyone watch it who appreciates a good comedy.

"You're making me look foolish in front of the other guests!"
"You don't need any help from me."
"That's RIGHT!"

asopu10
03-28-2007, 06:35 PM
I'm often on door duty because its right next to the tills and since my jobs normally to tidy tills and hover the door mat its ideal. The downside is I get all the pricks, we always turn a lot away because of our location, and I usally get at least a couple a week threatening me. Prats, like I'm going to let you in now. Seriusley there all retards. We have had complaints before when we have had to close early, but sometimes its unavoidable, we have a powwer cut then how do they expect to shop, get given a flash light on the way in? muppets.

03-28-2007, 06:46 PM
Muppets?? That's a new one...

What does it equate to?

XCashier
03-28-2007, 07:55 PM
Them: (banging on the door from the outside) LET US IN! LET US IN!
Us: (me and my best friend, banging on the door from the inside) LET US OUT! LET US OUT!

That confused them into silence. :lol:
:roll: I haven't seen that movie, but that is funny! I can picture the befuddled looks on their faces!

And with apologies to Sir Paul McCartney:

"Someone's knocking at the door,
Somebody's ringing the bell,
Someone's knocking at the door,
Somebody's ringing the bell,
Do me a favor, go lock the door
Don't let 'em in!"

:p :D

morgana
03-29-2007, 04:00 PM
Ah, Clue! I'd forgotten how much I love that movie. I should dig it out and watch it again this weekend.

And I'll bet it did confuse the h*ll out of drunk folks trying to get into a bar! :devil:

03-29-2007, 06:22 PM
I watched it just last night. I was amazed to find that my bf, a self-proclaimed movie buff, had never seen this cult classic.

He thoroughly enjoyed it.

OfficeSlug
03-29-2007, 08:26 PM

That's when you call Corporate yourself (even if you leave a voicemail, it'll be timestamped)....

03-29-2007, 08:31 PM
That's when you call Corporate yourself (even if you leave a voicemail, it'll be timestamped)....

Damn... that's a good idea. Where were you all those times I would get in trouble for not letting "one more customer in"? :lol:

Plaidman
03-30-2007, 05:28 PM
LET ME IN!
LET ME IN!
LET ME IN!
Never never never never never never let you in... noooOOOOoooooohhhhh...

:muya:

Go ahead, call corporate... doesn't reeeeaaaaally matter tooooo mmmeeeeeeee.

How very very frightening....