PDA

View Full Version : Crossing my fingers again.

Seraph
07-25-2013, 12:38 AM
So, I just got hired, thank the refried items on this earth, and the God who made their existence possible.

I was online, when one of my old employers messaged me, asking how things were. I told him, I was honest and said it was going badly. Well, afterwards...he offered me my old job back. Better pay than both the last time I was there, and from what my "previous employer" was going to be paying.

Apparently part of what got his attention, was that someone told him about me planning on taking a course in coding. He looked over my stuff, was like WHOA she's gotten a lot better, and decided to ask if I'd be up for stuff.

So....yeah. We just finished hammering out the details on pay and pay periods (won't be getting benefits, but that's cool)....paperwork should be coming in soon for me to fill out.

I hope this works out this time, LMAO. Would be nice to have one thing not spontaneously burst into flames on me for once, LOL

TheSHAD0W
07-25-2013, 12:40 AM
Break a leg!

EricKei
07-25-2013, 12:44 AM
Ditto. Crossing my fingers for ye.

Amina516
07-25-2013, 01:02 AM
Good luck!!!!!!!! im crossing random body parts for you. :D

Jay 2K Winger
07-25-2013, 01:23 AM
Sending the goodvibesbro your way, Seraph.

If it all goes wahoonie-shaped again, well...

http://i.imgur.com/mFGfp9i.gif

You know I got your back!

fireheart
07-25-2013, 01:45 AM
I hope this works out this time, LMAO. Would be nice to have one thing not spontaneously burst into flames on me for once, LOL

*hands Seraph a fire extinguisher* :D

Mishi
07-25-2013, 02:21 AM
Hope it works out this time!

Draper Mel
07-25-2013, 02:35 AM
Whew! What a relief! I hope it works out.

Sunshine
07-25-2013, 03:29 AM
Crossin fingers for you!!!

KatherineB
07-25-2013, 03:44 AM
Everything crossed here, too!

Der Cute
07-25-2013, 04:29 AM
I'm sending in my loves and hopes.

BroSCFischer
07-25-2013, 11:53 AM
Buona Fortuna!

SC

Crossbow
07-25-2013, 01:36 PM
You know I've got my fingers crossed!

lordlundar
07-25-2013, 01:59 PM
Sending the goodvibesbro your way, Seraph.

If it all goes wahoonie-shaped again, well...

You know I got your back!

You are enjoying that gif WAY too much.:p

And best of luck Seraph. Hope it goes well for you.

Seraph
07-25-2013, 03:40 PM

And best of luck Seraph. Hope it goes well for you.

He is, but I love it. :D

Thanks guys. I had to laugh too, I posted about this on my social network, and my boss commented on it that they will definitely be paying me, unlike the other guys. That was a "AGH THEY READ MY STUFF" and "heh...they read all of that."

Aethian
07-25-2013, 03:46 PM
I'm doing a happy dance for you.

Jay 2K Winger
07-25-2013, 05:48 PM

Well, I'd gone looking for a good animated gif of someone cocking a gun in a dramatic "let's go kick some ass" way, and that was the best one I found.

So, yeah, I'm gonna get as much mileage out of it as I can. Besides...

He is, but I love it. :D

That right there tells me I'm doing something right. I love to get a grin or a laugh out of people when I can.

Chromatix
07-26-2013, 12:27 PM
Okay, let's see...

Type A fire extiguisher (water).

Type ABC fire extinguisher (foam).

CO2 fire extinguisher (the one with the horn).

Fire blanket (for chip pan fires).

Long wooden ruler (for throwing electric switches and prying people off live wires).

...anything else?

dalesys
07-26-2013, 01:03 PM
...anything else?
Smoke jumping team.:D

Eevie
07-28-2013, 12:10 AM
Good luck, Seraph! Hopefully this is a better turn around...

paintballworker
07-28-2013, 03:08 AM
Good luck, I'm sending as much good karma as I can spare.

Also, if things go pear-shaped, let me know...I can go bad guy
http://comicattack.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/jcobb.jpg

Seraph
07-29-2013, 02:17 PM
Well, interestingly enough, my first couple of days has been helping them hire on the rest of the people they'll need for the company.

I've now learned that it's amazing how many people will apply for a job, and ignore a simple requirement that you have in the posting. Better yet, the apps that are all "I saw this requirement, I just figured it wasn't worth it to do that."

Crossbow
07-29-2013, 05:11 PM
I wish I could say I'm surprised at that, but I can't. It's amazing just how many people don't read the requirements on a job posting...

Tama
07-29-2013, 06:48 PM
It's funny, if I see a want ad online and I see a bullet point with something required, that I don't have (like say, a BA)...

I don't apply.

How hard is it to read?

Seraph
07-29-2013, 07:18 PM
It's funny, if I see a want ad online and I see a bullet point with something required, that I don't have (like say, a BA)...

I don't apply.

How hard is it to read?

The thing is, it's not even THAT. Its like "make sure you include a short blurb about yourself that's 125 words."

And yet, I get 55 words, 70 words, 100 words, 150.....

I had TWO people hit the word count and , and that was IT. Out of like, thirty or so applications.

Chromatix
07-29-2013, 10:41 PM
Under most circumstances, I'd consider 100-150 words "close enough" to 125. That's if the 125 is a target, and not a max/min.

Unless they're applying to become copywriters, where I assume maintaining an exact word count is part of the job. Which, given the field you're working in, is possible.

Interestingly enough, I once submitted four pages for a ten-page essay. I got the highest mark in the class.

Seraph
07-29-2013, 11:24 PM
Copy/content writer job, yep. Exact word counts are a biiiig thing with these guys. Its how they get paid, in fact....per hundred words. Which is why I cringed at how many just flat out ignored the requirement.

Tama
07-30-2013, 12:53 AM
I shouldn't think it would be that hard to BS and get to the word count, didn't everyone do that in high school? :roll:

Jay 2K Winger
07-30-2013, 01:10 AM
I shouldn't think it would be that hard to BS and get to the word count, didn't everyone do that in high school? :roll:

Nah, in high school it wasn't word count, it was "x pages." So everyone messed with the double-spacing, font size, and wide margins.

Jester
07-30-2013, 01:39 AM

Nah, in high school it wasn't word count, it was "x pages." So everyone messed with the double-spacing, font size, and wide margins.

A combination of the above two was, for the most part, the building blocks of my entire academic career, from grade school to college. :lol:

Seraph
09-03-2013, 09:36 PM
Aaaand, figures. My last two paychecks were delayed because one of our companies' backers was pitching a fit about a project we were all rushing to complete. Being that the owner is a guy I trust, and KNOW will pay me as soon as possible, I was okay with this. Plus, startup company.

Asked this weekend about when they'd be sending the paychecks, and was informed that all of the company backers had pulled out. The startup's failed, they don't know what they'll be doing now.

Back to the job hunt. Again.

MistressOfTangents
09-04-2013, 12:10 AM
Oh crap I'm so sorry:hug:

Seraph
09-04-2013, 11:55 AM
Wow, had a talk with my boss last night, and he said "You haven't lost your job, it's just on indefinite hold."

...So, I guess I'm supposed to sit around, with no pay, and just wait and see what happens?

Not happening.

Crossbow
09-04-2013, 06:41 PM
Oh, good lord, Searph. This has gone beyond ridiculous. I'm so sorry. *hugs*