PDA

View Full Version : Warehouse 13 RP (IC)

Sarlon
08-21-2013, 11:12 AM
((ok finally got my idea planted out in my head...so here we go...))

Samara gave Josiah a nudge as she turn the car off, having just pulled up in front of a small rather and dingy looking motel, the sound of the sea heard just over the dune in front of them on the other side of the long building.

"hey sleepy head wake up, we're here. I'm so glad Artie was a cheapskate and had to pay for this place...its RIGHT on the beach!"

A few days ago they had gotten a ping for what appeared to be a string of burglaries within some fancy beach rental homes on the outer banks of North Carolina. All they had was some vague eye witness accounts of a long limbed figure leaping over fences, some 6-8 feet tall without breaking a sweat.

Sam had convinced artie to put them up in this hotel due to its location to the beach, but she toting it up as the cheap price.

Mytical
08-21-2013, 05:23 PM
Noah closes out his email. He had already asked around, but right now there was not much to go on. Seems nobody knew much about this 'creature'. "Bunch of Idjits, swear people have the attention span of gnats."

The few leads from the clippings in the email were drying up fast. So he put in a call to Garth. "Somebody said you might have something in this area. These idjits are about as helpful as a stump. You have any more information." He listens to the response. "Ah now that will be helpful. I'll check out the last place again, maybe this time somebody will know something besides how to sit on their backside." He ends the call. So the 'Micheal's estate' was the last known place to be hit. Time to get ready.

He picked up his Police and Fed ID, just in case, and head off to this 'estate'. "Estate..great a bunch of rich folks who can't tie their own shoes without a servant to help them. Idjits."

Tyg3rW01f
08-22-2013, 02:29 AM
Josiah got out of the car, his bomber jacket rustling under the pack he had carried to every assignment in the last three years. He'd grown, too. When he first started on this job, he'd been a rough-around-the-edges factory worker who liked conspiracy theories. Now, he was a rough-around-the-edges Secret Service Agent who liked conspiracy theories and investigated the abnormal.
"Sam, next time, just tell him the place is cheaper than the other options, first. Not the other way around; I could hear you two arguing from the old B&B."
Inside their room, he set out his laptop, and checked his holster, ammo, and side-arms. Checking WeAreNotSheep.frm he sighed and glared at Sam.
"eternal_starlight, did you REALLY need to post-bomb EIGHTEEN threads in one sitting?! And seriously, did you REALLY have to tell the entire world that the 'magic bullet' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-bullet_theory)really was?!"

Sarlon
08-22-2013, 02:51 AM
Sam grins as she enters close behind Josiah, briefly nodding to Noah as she sees him leaving.

"Can't help it that I got bored after that last case....what do you say we wrap this case up quick, spend a few days on the beach, and tell artie it took longer then anticipated? next 4 beers from Mac's and 2 sandwiches of Mac's next time we're in DC are on me if you agree."

Tyg3rW01f
08-22-2013, 02:58 AM
"I'll agree, so long as I'm not required to be on the beach. Remember that case in Saudi last year? The one about Hidalgo's ghost? Yeah, enough sand to last me fifty lifeti- FER GOD'S SAKE, WOMAN!!! You even brought up CHUCKEY?! THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!"

Sarlon
08-22-2013, 03:04 AM
"check with the local leo's about these crimes, I'm gonna go to the last crime scene and see what they say there. I'm feeling seafood tonight, my treat since I'm hungry enough to eat my weight in shrimp and crabs....did you pack the coffee pot?"

Shes unpacking her bag, which include several string bikini's and various beach clothing, as well as her "official" clothes. she holsters her weapon, and the tesla checking her phone and Farnsworth.

"Call me with any updates...I shouldn't be more then an hour."

Tyg3rW01f
08-22-2013, 03:16 AM
"I wasn't going to, but Artie caught me with the cookie jar. You'd think I was trying to wipe out Fort Knox... So I took the carafe instead. Oh, and it seems a kid in Ta--"
He turned and started at the sight of the beachwear. "You're going to wear THAT (http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mQL0-etqzmV_hscCstwZlHA.jpg)?! Sam, you've quite the figure, but geez, are you ASKING to get pawed?"

Sarlon
08-22-2013, 03:40 AM
"we live in the middle of Dakota, tell me where I have a chance to work on my beach tan?! sides anyone paws me I'll just shoot them. Call me with any info you find....on the phone, I'll be around "normals".

She gets in the car and drives to the Micheal estate, talking to her grumbling stomach "I know, I know, we'll eat later promise...soon as we finish this case."

After arriving and identifying herself, the officer in charge looks at her funny, "doesn't your office talk to each other? Theres already FBI here..."

The officer gestures to Noah talking with the "victims", she walks up behind me and clears her throat. "Excuse me agent, I didn't realize another agent had been assigned this case."

She puts on her most professional smile, but most definitely looks forced.

Mytical
08-22-2013, 04:55 AM
Noah looks at Sam. "Eh you know the brass, they have their heads so far up their rears they have no idea who is on what case. Buncha Idjits." From her stance she was about as much FBI as he was. Another hunter? One he didn't know? It's possible, there are a few out there he hadn't met before.

Sarlon
08-22-2013, 10:28 AM
she whispers in a low growl, "we'll talk later...." then in a more normal voice, "So what seems to of happened here?"

Tyg3rW01f
08-22-2013, 05:38 PM
Meanwhile, Josiah was taking a different route.

The bell on the door of Blackbeard Comics rang hollowly. The stereotypical comics store (http://www.bulletproofcomix.com/uploads/5/5/1/9/551989/3994421_orig.jpg), it was "lit", and crammed full of comics, memorabilia, old VHS movies (mostly B- and C-Listers) and the people who love them. In the back-room, a dozen people crowded around a table littered with dice, books, a battlemat, and other D&D paraphernalia (http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3135/2565683346_09f49456cb_o.jpg).
A man in a three-piece tweed suit (http://0.tqn.com/d/movies/1/7/R/M/W/kings-speech-pic-geoffrey-rush.jpg) walked --seemingly -- out of the forties into the main area. "Welcome to Blackbeard Comics, Good Sir. My name is Geoffrey, how may I assist you?"
Glancing about, Josiah discreetly showed the man his USSS badge and asked quietly, "Is there someplace I could speak with you, or any of your helpful customers, about the recent goings on around the Outer Banks? In exchange for your assistance in this matter, I have a list of comics I hope you can help me find and purchase."
Josiah handed over a list of comic series titles, hoping this wasn't as big a waste of time as the two bars he'd visited had proven.

Mytical
08-23-2013, 06:26 AM
Noah listens to the description of what happened and tries to match it up with any number of creatures he knows exist. Problem was nothing matched. Most of the things that go bump in the night are not interested in stealing anything but a persons guts, blood, or such. He takes notes, but little help is forthcoming.

Sarlon
08-23-2013, 10:31 AM
Josiah:

After talking with the various patrons, getting different stories of theories ranging from a star track killed up by the beach bluff, to aliens (even Josiah mentally questions that theory).

Most think its just a visitor looking to score some money then disappear when the season ends next month and most vacationers leave for the season.

Noah/Sam:

As they both question the victims, Sam asks from strange questions (even by Noah's standard), looking at each of them intently. After they learn nothing new, the wrap up the questions, promising to follow up if they had more, then head out. Getting a fair distance away, Samara turns to Noah and snaps, "And just who the hell do you think you are?"

Mytical
08-23-2013, 05:42 PM
"I was about to ask you the same bloody thing. I have a job to do. That job is hunting down the .. unusual or strange. Because there are things out there that go bump in the night, and I bump back."

Sarlon
08-23-2013, 07:07 PM
she holds out her hand, gazing at him rather intently, "Special Agent Samara Tolson. And believe me, there is nothing weird that I've not seen myself. Now who are you and why are you really here?"

Mytical
08-23-2013, 07:12 PM
He shakes her hand. He really didn't see any sense in giving her the run around, though she might think he is crazy. "Names Noah, and I am a hunter. Creatures such as vampires, Wendigo, and shapeshifters. This seemed right up my alley, but I will be honest.* He scratches his head. "Most things I hunt are not interested in shiny things..more like blood, bones, and the like."

Sarlon
08-23-2013, 07:27 PM
She holds his hand a moment longer looking at him rather blatantly, then gives herself a small shake and quirks an eyebrow at him.

"I believe you, you could say I'm sort of in the same line of work....I track down the strange and unusual.....some might even call it supernatural. What do you say to working together on this if its something I handle, you let me handle it, and I don't arrest you for impersonating a federal officer?"

Mytical
08-23-2013, 07:35 PM
He laughs "You should talk. Hey, it's no skin off my teeth. I have no problem hanging back. If something takes YOU out, I can always step in and handle it."

Sarlon
08-23-2013, 07:42 PM
"I have been an active member of the United States Secret Service since John F Kennedy was in office."

((Sam doesn't look a day over 25)).

"I will want to introduce you to my partner as well. I will warn you....hes a conspiracy nut, and a bit twitchy. So where are you really from? I'll back you as saying your at least from my office to the "normals", but I will not lie to Josiah."

Mytical
08-23-2013, 07:53 PM
"I can honestly say, all over. Hunters don't really set down roots. We go where the creatures are." He doesn't bat an eye when she says she is much older then she looks. "Originally I was from WV, but haven't been there since 12 years old."

Sarlon
08-23-2013, 09:26 PM
"Born and raised in Kansas, and moved to the Dakotas up in the Black hills after I got married....enough about me though. I'm starving, lets discuss this over lunch, let me just make a quick phone call."

She starts walking towards the car, pulling out her phone, dialing Josiah, upon answering "Hey, had a slight hiccup, comparing notes over lunch, want me to pick you up?"

Tyg3rW01f
08-23-2013, 11:57 PM
Josiah looked out and spotted a seafood dive... eight doors down from the first sighting... how da frell did I miss that?!
"No, meet me at Howie's Crabpot; it's eight doors toward town from the first sighting. And you should stop by this comic store, right up your alley. Lots and lots of old Star Trek stuff."

Walking into Howie's Crabpot, he noted it reminded him WAY too much of the Orca interior set from JAWS. Ooooo-kaaaaaay, ker-ee-pee.
Josiah got a corner table and settled in, his front to the room. The last time he'd had his back to a room, he'd gotten hit over the head from behind with Teddy Roosevelt's hiking stick and held hostage. He ordered a beer and a surf'n'turf. His food arrived, just as Sam walked in.

Sarlon
08-24-2013, 02:41 AM
Sam walks in closely followed by a middle aged man, her eyes briefly scanning the room locking eyes with Josiah, then walks over. The man following behind her.

"Josiah this....is someone that is going to help the government. Hes clean..."

She catches the eye of the waitress and takes a menu, looking over it and ordering a pail of food, and a beer then gestures to Noah to order as well.

Tyg3rW01f
08-24-2013, 03:18 AM
Josiah gives the as-yet-unintroduced man his best "Dirty Harry glare (http://www.wildsound.ca/images/suddenimpactphoto.jpg)", then asks Sam an odd question.
"Anything in here remind you of something, Sam?"

Mytical
08-24-2013, 06:16 AM
Noah orders a little bit, eyeing the place wearily. Never trust anybody or anything, that is his motto.

Sarlon
08-24-2013, 02:49 PM
Sam looks around the nods at Josiah, "yeah...don't remind me....its over by the window." she gestures with her beer bottle at a set of scuba gear tacked up against the wall.

"Josiah, this talkative one is called Noah, we...ran into each other at the case. He thinks we might be after the same thing..."

Tyg3rW01f
08-24-2013, 04:14 PM
Josiah nods, remembering "THAT Case" and turns to Noah. When Josiah spoke, it was with a slightly softened Tennessee accent.
"Special Agent Josiah Webley, Secret Service: Special Investigations. Sam, whom you have already met, is my partner. So why's a guy like you chasing a government case?"

Mytical
08-24-2013, 07:03 PM
Noah measures Josiah. "Well no offense to you government types, but generally the government types have their heads so far up their rears they can see what passes for their hearts. Learned early not to rely on the government to hunt down the weird things. Most of them I have met are, to put it bluntly, idjits. So, me and my .. associates hunt them down."

Tyg3rW01f
08-24-2013, 07:45 PM
Josiah stretched, letting his non-government issue 1911 peek just a hair. Smiling, he said, "I'm not your typical G-man, nor is Sam. As I said, we're Special Investigations. Sam here doesn't like saying that as she had a former associate in the FBI who was... a bit too far afield. Poor guy believed aliens exist; no one knew he had a brain tumor, nor did they know he had an aneurism in the base of his spine waiting to blow."

Josiah sighed, remembering Federal Agent F. Mulder (http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/mulder23.jpg). Poor guy had carried a piece of the Roswell crash in his pocket until the day he'd died of the aneurism. Josiah had caught the case... too late. "Officially", Mulder had suffered an inoperable benign tumor and died of the resultant aneurism. The Warehouse knew it had been the piece of the destroyed SR-71's Pratt & Whitney J58-P4 engine, however.

Mytical
08-24-2013, 08:05 PM
Noah chuckles "I've seen some weird things. Wendigo, Vampires, Shapeshifters..no aliens though. At least not yet. Never know though, everybody swears vampires don't exist. I could introduce them to a few, but that wouldn't be the best move."

Sarlon
08-24-2013, 08:08 PM
Sam smirks, "boys, no need to play the cocky assholes...you can whip it out later while I'm basking on the beach." She pauses shortly as her and noah's food arrives and she dives in with reckless abandon.

"So here's what we found out, someone or something, is breaking into houses, mostly high end rental properties, then leaving by leaping over the fences the last we just left must of been 20 feet tall."

She pauses to take a swig of her beer, making a face and muttering about Mac's ale. "care for a trip to DC to Mac's after this case? Now where was I....It could be something Josiah and I handle and in that case we take what is causing this and get out of your hair and hope to never see each other again. If its something "spooky" we'll still help you, leaving the more supernatural aspects to you. I'm senior agent in charge for now, Josiah you're my partner, Noah....em....your our expert. Leaves off confusion for later, agreed?"

Mytical
08-24-2013, 08:11 PM
"Works for me. If it is something that goes bump, however, I expect you two to follow my lead. If it isn't, I'll follow yours." He doesn't care as long as they stop whatever it is.

Sarlon
08-24-2013, 08:27 PM
she hands Noah a business card, "my cellphone if you get anything."

Sam snatches up the bill before either of the men can see it and pays.

"I think I'll go talk with the local leo's see if I can't get my hands on the other case files, what will you two do?"

Mytical
08-24-2013, 09:12 PM
Noah thinks "I have a few more contacts I can call to see if they know anything about this, and I can check the files for anything that this might be."

Tyg3rW01f
08-25-2013, 04:15 AM
"I'll hit up WeArentSheep; we caught our last three big case-busting tips from there. Otherwise, I'm out of ideas. And speaking of 'caught', we DID bag 'n' tag the correct set, right?" Josiah nodded at the scuba gear, worried.

Sarlon
08-25-2013, 04:25 AM
"Yes, those are cheap knock offs but made JUST right to look real...but that was still...." she pauses looking at Noah before standing. "I have a Tibbs feeling this is gonna be a weird one...keep in touch. Josiah I have both phones with me, I'll check in with Artie."

Tyg3rW01f
08-25-2013, 10:00 PM
Josiah shakes Noah's hand. "Wasn't meaning to one up you, Noah. Just trying to explain a point of order. By the way, you should check out WeAreNotSheep.frm some time. It's the largest conspiracy theory and weirdness discussion site on the web with over 80 million members the world over."
Josiah called out after the older man as they parted ways, "Good luck!"
Turning back to Sam as they hailed a cab back to the hotel, Josiah asked, "Is it just me, or does he remind you of me when I first arrived at the Warehouse? Speaking of which, I miss Professor Ted."

Mytical
08-26-2013, 05:20 AM
Noah just looks a little confused. "Didn't know we were trying to outdo each other in anything. Just saying that whoever you were talking about..might not have been as crazy as some people think." He chuckles. He shakes hands and all that.

He makes some calls to other hunters to find out if they know of anything that steals and doesn't kill...

Tyg3rW01f
08-26-2013, 11:57 PM
In the cab, Josiah dialed a number.
Thousands of miles away, a cellphone rang. An attendant (http://errolsitahal.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/ram_dass_pub.jpg) picked up the phone, saw the name and handed it to the professor beside him.
"A mobile call for you, Sahib."

Josiah greeted his old partner warmly. "Hey, Ted. How's it in Egypt? India?! Da frell you doin' in Indi- ah." He smiled at a response. "Yeah, well, I just met a fellow you would find... interesting." Josiah gave a description of Noah. "Seems a decent sort. Hey, could you do me a favor? Check your local legends for a being that steals shinies and swag, then vanishes. Right, steals and then vanishes." Josiah grinned. "Thank you, Professor. Hey now, no fair calling me out on not paying better attention to mythology classes I never took to begin with. Right. Well, best of luck with your sabbatical. Yes, she's right here. Yes, I'll tell her. Thank you again. And stop being such a stranger."
Josiah hung up and said, "Ted says hello from India. He's having fun, and you should know he misses your tea."

Mytical
08-27-2013, 05:17 AM
Meanwhile..Noah has contacted every hunter he knows, and checked the books and internet twice. Darned if he could get any info on a creature that steals and vanishes. Technically if it was something other then a creature, it was not hunter business. He couldn't let it go though. He'd just have to hope his 'partners' found something. Unless it was a goblin..but they liked to chew on infants.. still.. it is possible.

Mytical
08-31-2013, 07:44 PM
Noah had contacted all his contacts and came up empty. The only suggestion had been a goblin, which was Fae, but just didn't seem to fit. While he was talking to Garth, he learned about a possible nest in the town next over. Since he was still waiting to hear back from those 'feds' he might as well go check it out.

He left a message with his 'partners' about where he would be at, and went to see what he could find.

Tyg3rW01f
09-01-2013, 12:50 AM
Josiah, however, seemed to get a possible with a Bing search, of all things. But why would a thief follow Marco Polo?!

Sarlon
09-01-2013, 01:03 AM
Sam spends most of the afternoon going over the case files, deep in thought. She looks at a sketch of the perp and almost laughs aloud, long legged humanoid with "glowing eyes like the fires of hell".

She is interrupted by a knock on the door, and a uniformed officer sticks his head in, "excuse me agent, there seems to of been another robbery...same MO, but this time it killed someone. We thought you might like to tag along to the crime scene."

Sam only stops for a moment, before calling up both Noah and Josiah, telling them of the new scene and where she was heading.

----------------------

NOAH: (well before the call from sam)

Your drive into Kill Devil Hills is filled with traffic from the beach crowd, late afternoon traffic with people coming home from jobs or the beach.

You find a local dive that looks like its held together with spit and bailing twine. Inside is a rowdy bunch that looks like they have been drinking since 8am.

Tyg3rW01f
09-01-2013, 02:37 AM
Josiah shows up at the scene and has to badge the officer to get in. "Sam! What in the nine levels of weirdness is going on?!"

Sarlon
09-01-2013, 02:45 AM
The officer who showed Josiah in, leads him to a small library, absolutely splattered in blood and gore, reaching across the books, walls and even the ceiling. The body is half hidden behind the desk, and though Josiah has seen bad, he has a very hard time controlling his gore at the sheer brutality of the slaughter, the victim's head laying near the smashed open French doors.

He sees sam speaking with a uniformed officer, turning as he enters and excuses herself, taking Josiah aside. "This just stepped into the weirdly messed up, they are saying a wild animal broke in and caused this..."

Sam looks a lot green around the gills and swallows every now and then to maintain her composure.

Tyg3rW01f
09-01-2013, 02:48 AM
Josiah was on the verge of losing it when Sam's statement clicked. "Wild animal? Maybe you'd best show me... the body."

Sarlon
09-01-2013, 03:45 AM
Sam gestures him closer to the body, and the smell is almost overpowering.

Sam steps outside to speak with another officer, and Josiah can barely hear them, but soon he sees the angry gesturing back to the house in general, then the outer wall around this house, she then points a finger right under the officers nose and he hears her threatening his job over something, before she storms out of the yard towards the car, yanking something out of her pocket.

Tyg3rW01f
09-01-2013, 04:14 AM
Uh-oh, he thought, just over the ill in his own throat, and hurried over.
"What is going on over here?!" Before Sam can open her mouth, Josiah points at the officer. "YOU first, and it had BETTER not be in cop-speak!!"

Sarlon
09-01-2013, 04:23 AM
Sam places a hand on Josiah's upper arm firm enough to get his attention, "This officer was trying to convince me that we aren't who we say we are....and tha.."

The officer cuts in, "I was just saying its awfully suspicious that a bunch of FBI people come into MY town disrupt MY town, throwing words around like serial killer! This will KILL our tourist trade. She wants to me put out a curfew and keep everyone under watch....listen, we just don't have the man power!"

Tyg3rW01f
09-01-2013, 04:59 AM
Josiah looks at the officer. "Let me get this straight, Officer Brody (http://images.blu-ray.com/news/upload/3324_tn.jpg), you're basically telling me "I don't think you appreciate the gut reaction people have to these things... It's all psychological. ... yell 'Barracuda,' everybody says 'Huh? What?' ... yell 'Shark,' we've got a panic on our hands on the Fourth of July." Is that it, Officer? Are you really that stupid?! You don't tell your sleepy little town, and more people are gonna die because you did nothing. The town of Amity pulled the same stunt two years back, and eight more people died. On the other hand, you do as we ask, and the Press is gonna be all over it. You'll have more tourists who want to come for the morbid thrill of being in the same town for vacation. And that, Officer Brody, is something your town might just want."

Josiah paused, pointing out Noah to Sam. "Officer, I understand you are overworked and undermanned; I understand you have other business to which you need attend, but enact the curfew anyhow and enforce it along the beach. I'm certain that is not beyond your manpower."

Mytical
09-01-2013, 05:17 AM
Noah no more steps in the door to the bar then the whole room goes quiet. Dozens of eyes look at him. "You are not welcome here hunter." The speaker almost spits out the word.

Ah crud. Was Noahs only thought before chairs were pushed back, and the whole room was soon closing in on him.

Really? A whole full blown nest in the first place I look? And they know what I am? Noah you idjit.

There is the splintering of wood and a loud crash as Noah goes flying out the window, thrown by one of the Vampires. He lands on the hood of a car, his chest hurt as he is gasping for air. He didn't have any time to recover as the group of vamps followed him quickly. One leaped on him, picked him up and threw him again. Another decided to play 'hangman' by sticking out his arm so Noah's neck hit it. Noah flips over a couple of times. By now he is spitting up blood. Well ol boy, you got yourself into a mess there is no way you are getting out of. If your lucky they will just kill you..

As one picked him up for another round of improvised baseball, two fell with their heads missing. Noah blinked..he didn't do that..he was in no shape to do that.. a couple more fell in quick succession. He was too busy trying not to cough up a lung to worry about who was saving his sorry hide. A calm voice says "Check him for bites."

Somebody pulls him up, looks him over. "He's clean."

"You just walk into a nest? Just as plain as day? Who in the heck taught you to hunt?" Asked the first voice... "You know what, never mind. Next time we won't be around to save your hide." He heard two car doors slam, and was able to look up long enough to see the back of a black vehicle speeding away. In the wind the song "Carry on my wayward son." could be heard.

Noah just lay there for a bit, surrounded by vamp bodies..they had left him to bury the bodies. Well Noah guess it was the least he could do. He burnt most of them, not taking any chance, and buried the rest..slowly. Then he limped back to the town he had come from..

Sarlon
09-01-2013, 12:50 PM
As he lays there, he hears his phone ring, the call from Sam coming in.

Mytical
09-01-2013, 05:50 PM
"Yeah? Noah here. What you got?"

Sarlon
09-01-2013, 05:59 PM
"dead body...looks like a wild animal might of gotten to him...mind taking a peek at it?"

Mytical
09-05-2013, 05:08 AM
"I am on my way." When Noah arrives at the scene, he finds Sam and the body. Not much phases him, but the condition of the body is beyond mangled. "Well now.. don't know what could have done this much damage."

He makes sure Sam is the only one in hearing range. "If a hell hound and a couple of werewolves attacked at the same time, they might do this much damage..but they never work together..so I am stumped."

Tyg3rW01f
09-05-2013, 06:30 PM
Meanwhile, Josiah glares at Officer Brody, who seems to be considering the public's morbid interest in the macabre.

"Well, Officer? Do you think you might be able to take a hit in order to make more money, or do you continue to do nothing and put even more of your populace in danger? Up to you."

Tyg3rW01f
09-09-2013, 06:22 PM
When Officer Brody had edged away, Josiah walked up to Sam. "I got a possible that involves a thief that followed Marco Polo from the Orient in the 13th century, but I find it less believable than Artie claiming to be Clint Eastwood."

Mytical
09-09-2013, 06:40 PM
"Something like this? Something so savage is probably something that goes bump in the night. I am leaning more and more toward a fae creature called a goblin. Vicious and nasty creatures."

Tyg3rW01f
09-09-2013, 07:22 PM
Josiah looked at Noah, "Well, considering I got what I've got on Bing, the worst and most limited search engine on the planet, I give it the same probability of accuracy as a human being able to count the sand of the seashore."

Mytical
09-10-2013, 05:05 AM
Noah considered for a moment. "You might be on to something. I mean..what if the other robberies were a red herring. You know, to do this robbery, killing the person, make us think that it was just a person being at the wrong place at the wrong time?"

Tyg3rW01f
09-10-2013, 05:33 AM
Josiah's tone was light and academic, and Sam would notice it was a near-perfect imitation of their old friend, Ted. "Again, the find was on Bing, and Bing has fewer sites to search than AltaVista had in 1993. I call it the worst and most limited for a reason. However, I am leaning toward something from European folklore on this one. Maybe an object that has absorbed many many stories..."

Sarlon
09-10-2013, 12:50 PM
Sam crosses her arms over her chest tapping her chin in thought, "You both make good points, but we can't exactly just sit around waiting on the next attack...Noah...give me the 50 words or less rundown on what you called a ....hell hound?"

Mytical
09-10-2013, 04:17 PM
"Exactly what it sounds like. Demon dog used by demons, invisible and fifty kinds of mean. Some can be the size of cars."

Tyg3rW01f
09-10-2013, 06:04 PM
"So, similar to the infamous 'Black Dog' seen by truckers who fall asleep at the wheel?" Josiah referred to the modern lore of truckers who claim to see a black dog made of shadow (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_NkHGlMpVtMI/TLo-EmXpeUI/AAAAAAAAFcA/_l_sy1prgvk/s400/black+dog+01.jpg") as they fall asleep at the wheel that attacks just before their rig hits something.
"Or are we talking something more Beast of Bray Road?" This time, Josiah accidentally referred to a case Sam had once --very briefly-- mentioned working back in the 90's. The sign post now resided in the Dark Vault.

No one --not even Mrs. Fredrick-- ever said more than one or two sentences about that case.

When Sam skewered him with her "Death Stare" Josiah put up his hands and quickly revised, "Big Foot! I meant Big Foot!"

Mytical
09-10-2013, 06:28 PM
Noah nods. "Black dogs would be wimpier smaller cousins to these things. Imagine a pit bull that mated with a mastiff, got experimented on to make em bigger stronger and meaner, and then was made so only the person they are after can see them. Ever heard of Wargs? Bigger, and meaner then Wargs."

Sarlon
09-10-2013, 11:35 PM
Sam turns a dark look to Josiah which seems to lower the temperature 15 degrees, then turns a very warm smile to noah "That was 52, but I'll forgive it."

Noah and Josiah hear a metallic buzzing sound coming from Sam's pocket, to which she quickly excuses herself muttering a quick, "damn beeper..."

Tyg3rW01f
09-14-2013, 04:24 PM
Josiah looked at Noah, terrified. "Okay!! So...!!! Goblins!!! Any kin to gremlins (http://dailygrindhouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/gremlins21.jpg)?!

Mytical
09-19-2013, 04:44 PM
"Only in the fact that both are considered Fae. Both are somewhat cowardly unless they know they have the number advantage, and both are pests. As for the Hell Hounds..my instinct says no. There was a witness who saw a humanoid like figure, which is not the Hell Hounds m.o. I have glasses that can see them, but honestly..unless there is a demon also running around..not going to be the hounds. If it is a demon.. we are way out of our league."

Sarlon
09-19-2013, 07:40 PM
Sam walks off a distance pulling out a strange (to noah) object from her jacket pocket that looks little bigger then a paperback book, and made of copper or some strange metal. Flipping it open reveals nothing he can see with any clarity, but she seems to be speaking into it, pacing as she walks making broad gestures and generally acting agitated.....before she gives herself a face palm snapping the thing shut and walking back towards them slipping it back into her pocket.

"Home office is less helpful then normal, Josiah, home office has another pi...job for me further up the coast....think you can handle this alone? Shouldn't be more then a day or so...."

Tyg3rW01f
09-19-2013, 08:01 PM
"Alone? With Brother Grimm here?"
Josiah looked at Noah, "No offense, but I learned a long time to pay less attention to things that go "bump" in the night than I do what I call 'Reality'."
Looking back to Sam, Josiah asked, "Are you really sure about this?"

Sarlon
09-19-2013, 09:59 PM
((sorry kids had class then a tutoring session))

"I tried...I shouldn't be more then a day...its a bag and tag...less YOU wanna go grab it and explain to the head office....infact....case of Mac's beer if you do! I'll even explain."

((off to bed no more posts from me tonight))

Tyg3rW01f
09-20-2013, 11:18 AM
"It's in D.C., and I have to deal with Agent Holdwell (http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/25900000/Tony-Wallpaper-anthony-tony-dinozzo-25940383-1024-768.jpg) again, or else it's back in Lt. Tibbs (http://sampson.washcoll.edu/~khower2/Final%20Project/images/gibbs.jpg)' territory, isn't it? If so, I'm gonna require a much bigger bribe than just a single case of Mac's amazing God's-gift-to-mankind beer, Samara. I'm talking shoot-that-carbine (http://civilwarweaponstech.weebly.com/uploads/7/3/4/8/7348214/7382049_orig.jpg)-you-never-let-me-touch level of bribe if that's the case, Sam."

Sarlon
09-20-2013, 11:25 AM
"no.....no....." Sam takes a deep breath that almost looks pained, "he got early retirement last month....a disagreement with the higher ups. No this...job is out on an old plantation in rural Virginia."

Tyg3rW01f
09-20-2013, 01:56 PM
Pained, Josiah asks, "Please tell me I'm not confiscating the Triple-X 2 car. You know what happened the last time I tried to confiscate a car! Artie still hasn't forgiven me, and the Ripley's Museum served me with notice of the Restraining Order's renewal two weeks ago!! And all over a bleeding Pontiac Firebird (http://carsmedia.ign.com/cars/image/article/778/778073/kitt-20070403025803441.jpg)! NO CARS!!! While I thought him a stiff in a bad suit, I liked Holdwell. Maybe we could get him to sign on with us? We COULD use another team."

Sarlon
09-20-2013, 02:27 PM
Sam looks pointed to Noah as she speaks her next words to Josiah, "Home office is faxing over the information to our rat trap....I mean hotel. I'll get another rental car you take the one we came in with."

smiling she focus on Noah, "so....I'm guessing we need to have that talk now....I'll show you mine if you show me yours."

Mytical
09-20-2013, 04:54 PM
"Sounds good, but if you think I am joining the suits.." he looks at both of you, "no offense meant, it is going to take a heck of a bribe." He shows/fills in Sam about what he knows so far..even his side trip to the vamps and what happened. "I will be honest, I'm stumped as to what this is..and so are the rest of the Hunters. That almost never happens."

Sarlon
09-21-2013, 03:29 AM
Sam get Josiah on the way and talks more indepth with Noah, getting a feel from him as a person and picking his brain.

Although they come up with little more then they already know, Sam's normal phone rings just listening for a moment rolling her eyes at Noah and makes to bang her head on the table they are sitting at before saying "alright, we'll be there shortly."

She hangs up then turns to Noah, "Seems they might have a person in custody, caught trying to sell some items that were reported stolen in the last robbery...that was murder. Care to join me?"

Mytical
09-21-2013, 04:43 AM
Noah nods. "You and I both know though, its probably some poor slob who was in the wrong place at the wrong time."

Sarlon
09-21-2013, 04:53 AM
((last post for bed))

"Maybe hes innocent, maybe not....I've got a good gut feeling about people lying to my face or not...so I typically play "bad cop"...trust me when I say no ones ever lied to my face."

Tyg3rW01f
09-21-2013, 02:39 PM
Josiah muttered all the way through the airport and into the Richmond airport. He found the set-up as Sam had described and settled in. In his hotel room, he made good use of his new laptop and started working on an education in Civil War clothing and memorabilia.

Mytical
09-21-2013, 04:26 PM
"I can play good cop..or worse cop. Done both. Up to you. Lets go."

Sarlon
09-21-2013, 04:46 PM
Sam stood up with only the barest perceptible hint of a wince as she placed weight on the left leg, and muttered "gonna storm tonight...lets get this over with."

Arriving at the station, they identified themselves and were led to the room where the suspect was being held, a gaunt middle aged man in ill fitting clothes. Sam and Noah first observing him through the one way mirror into the room.

"if its one of yours....what should I look for? foot long canines from more of those vampires?"

Mytical
09-21-2013, 04:58 PM
Noah thinks. "Depends WHAT he is. Here is what we will do." He takes out a flask and pours just a little on her palm. He then takes some salt and puts just a dusting on his own hand. He takes out the glasses to make sure no hell hounds.

"Make sure to shake his hand. I'll do the same. If he is one of the things that go bump in the night these two things normally will hurt him."

Sarlon
09-21-2013, 05:27 PM
Sam walks in with Noah and extends her hand introducing herself and noah, neither getting a reaction.

Sam then begins to all but literally tear into this guy with questions, staring him straight in the eye the entire time, never breaking eye contact. The guy answers but even noah can tell hes flustered.

The story they manage to get out of the guy is that yes he broke into the house, but left with only a few things after hearing someone upstairs causing a bigger racket, then blood curdling screams.

Mytical
09-21-2013, 05:30 PM
Noah looks at Sam. A glance that says 'Doesn't mean he was not the one that everybody saw, but I think that this break in was just in the wrong place at the wrong time'

Sarlon
09-21-2013, 05:36 PM
Sam and Noah leave the room, "Hes telling the truth...and you're right wrong place wrong time.....but if this...hell hound thing killed the guy, we can't prove it can we?"

Mytical
09-21-2013, 05:50 PM
Noah shakes his head. "Afraid not, we would be wearing straight jackets in no time. I think that the guy in there might not be our murderer, but that doesn't mean he isn't our thief."

Sarlon
09-21-2013, 05:56 PM
"Another unsolved murder case then...sadly I don't think I could get him cleared of the murder charge without being thrown into a white padded room...be a nice vacation though..." She taps her chin in thought. "I'll see if I can't get a good word in for him for an insanity plea at least till something goes right...I'm going to look back over these case files, there HAS to be something we're missing..."

Sarlon
09-22-2013, 04:18 AM
As Sam and possibly Noah settle in to look over the case files with a fine toothed comb, a steady rain begins falling.

Further north up the coast, Josiah is feeling the tail end of the same rain front coming in as he sits in his hotel room, 3 steps up from his room with Sam down the coast. This with actual cable TV and hot water....

The Case file hes looking at seems pretty cut and dry, Artie had found out that the coat that the body of John Brown (safely encased within the warehouse) was wearing was not the coat he was buried in originally.

The real deal has been associated with the deaths of 5 previous owners and is now being sold as a very rare antique at the estate sale of its former owner.

Mytical
09-22-2013, 05:00 AM
Noah helps Sam check the case files, but something is bugging him. "I don't think these will help if indeed it was a hell hound. What we need to do is check out the person killed more. Any sudden success, sudden health improvement.. and it would be about maybe 10 years ago. That's how it works. Somebody makes a deal with a crossroads demon, 10 years later they are puppy chow."

Tyg3rW01f
09-22-2013, 06:01 PM
Josiah walked into the auction the next day. A few faces looked familiar so he took some quick photos with a digital camera. To cover his tracks, he took other pictures of the estate as well. He found a few items on the auction list he himself wanted, and made modest bids. A bid of $425 actually bagged the "fair-to-poor" condition reproduction M1892 Krag-Jorgenson (http://milpas.cc/rifles/ZFiles/United%20States%20Rifles/1871%20ordnance%20trial%20rifles/M1892.jpg) rifle that was on the block. The rifle would need a great deal of TLC, but he wasn't going home for Christmas this year anyway.

When the greatcoat came on the block at Lot 666, Josiah made the first bid, and the war was on. Finally, Josiah was forced to bid $8,83 million, and finally won the auction. Placing the coat in the purple-goo bag, and claiming his new rifle, Josiah returned to the hotel before heading for the airport.

Sarlon
09-24-2013, 10:57 PM
Josiah finds a note from Sam saying she was out for the rest of the day and wouldn't be back to the room till past dinner unless they caught a break. She also left a number of a curier they've used several times with good results to send the artifact back to the warehouse.

SAM AND NOAH IN THE MEAN TIME:

Noah gets his research done while Sam looks through files. They are at it most of the rest of the day, calling it quits when they keep drawing up a blank. Sam stands up stretching and what sounds like most of her joints pop all at once as she stretches.

"Man I'm getting way to old for this huddled research thing...I normally have interns to help with this....only thing I can come up with is every single pointed object has been stolen from each victim....including our murder victim. Any luck on your end?"

Mytical
09-25-2013, 05:00 AM
"No signs of good luck or sudden fortune. I will check health records next. You know though..that knife thing. Something is tickling the back of my mind. The body..was it male or female?"

Sarlon
09-25-2013, 05:07 AM
"uh...." Sam flips through some folders that have taken up most of the table now, "Male...late 30s, cau...cua....dammit...hes white!"

Mytical
09-25-2013, 05:09 AM
Noah thinks. "Dang, I was thinking it might be Jack the Ripper. Might still be, but less possible now. So, lets assume this .. thing .. is looking for a certain knife. I need to see pictures of the knifes if we have any."

Sarlon
09-25-2013, 05:15 AM
"Old things...." She pulls out what appear to be "insurance" photos of "knives"..."GORRAM HUMANS! These are DAGGERS!!!"

4 ornate and obviously old daggers are displayed, each slightly different, but all seem to be missing one key feature from each of the others.

((Last post bed time))

Mytical
09-28-2013, 05:07 AM
Noah hits himself on the head. "This all seems so familiar, but this old coconut doesn't seem to want to cooperate" He looks close at the daggers to see if he can see anything.

Sarlon
10-29-2013, 11:06 AM
Hours pass as they research the daggers, then a tinny buzzing noise comes from Sam's jacket pocket carelessly tossed over the back of a chair her head resting on a stack of file folders being used as a pillow, Noah noticing its almost midnight.

Mytical
11-10-2013, 05:26 AM
"Sam? I think you are receiving a call."