PDA

View Full Version : I Went into the Operating Room, Sorry to Disappoint You

catcul
01-28-2014, 09:13 PM
I had to look at some computers in the operating rooms at the hospital. I did have to wear special clothing to enter these places. I couldn't look at two computers because doctors were busy operating on a patient. When I told my coworker, he was disappointed that I didn't see a patient being operated on. Sorry, G, but the only thing I saw get opened up was a computer.

dalesys
01-28-2014, 09:29 PM
Upcoming! Patient diagnosed with dust bunnies!

catcul
01-28-2014, 09:46 PM
Get me an air compressor, stat!

EricKei
01-28-2014, 10:43 PM
Nurse, bring me an anti-static wristband, some zip ties, and the smallest phillips-head scal-, er, screwdriver you can find!

ApolloSZ
01-29-2014, 02:55 AM
My Flatmate works at the local hospital in IT. He was the only person available (Wouldn't normally be him otherwise) that had to go check a monitor in a OR. Apparently all that came to mind when he glanced at another screen was "thats someone's lung" as they were operating at the time.

catcul
01-29-2014, 11:28 PM
The educational axiom, "Keep your eyes on your own work," still applies for a very different reason.

Geek King
01-31-2014, 08:54 PM
My Flatmate works at the local hospital in IT. He was the only person available (Wouldn't normally be him otherwise) that had to go check a monitor in a OR. Apparently all that came to mind when he glanced at another screen was "thats someone's lung" as they were operating at the time.

Actually, there's a good job for me. I never have issues with the visuals, just the smell, and I doubt they'd have me in the actual live OR. Have to keep that in mind if I feel the need to jump jobs. :D