PDA

View Full Version : Librarian is sick of your BS.

bhskittykatt
03-17-2014, 07:56 PM
I was in a meeting in the Kirkland library on Sunday when I heard the best closing announcement about 20 minutes prior to closing. You could hear in her voice that her soul was mostly crushed, too: "This is a reminder that we close at 5. If you would like to enjoy the library after hours, please visit Bellevue or Bothell... If you need to print something, it would be smart to do it sooner rather than later."

FTR: Bellevue and Bothell share the same hours, so she was basically saying "Go away and bother someone else for a change."

Right at 5pm, just as we were heading out the door, we hear quite bluntly: "It's 5 o'clock and the library is closed. I repeat, the library is closed."

I glanced inside the main library, and it's no wonder she sounded a bit aggravated. There were still plenty of people milling about inside. No one seemed to be getting it. :doh:

LillFilly
03-18-2014, 01:16 AM
Reminds me that I was at a store at 8:10pm the other night. About 5-min after entering the store, I hear over the speakers "Attention _ customers, the store will be closing in 15 min at 9:00pm, please bring your purchases to the counter and thank you for shopping."

I looked at my watch confused; it was 8:15. I wondered if they purposely said the wrong amount of time to trick people into cashing out before closing, or if she had a brain burp.

bainsidhe
03-18-2014, 01:41 AM
And at 5pm they should begin the following announcements:

"Thank you for visiting Library, we are now closed. We'd like to thank our patrons who are staying after hours, for donating their time to library cleanup. We will be assigning cleaning tasks shortly. Again, thank you to those patrons staying after hours, we appreciate your assistance." :devil:

MoonCat
03-18-2014, 02:45 AM
I knew someone who used to say, "What are they gonna do, throw you out?" And my answer was, "Yeah, probably! They set the hours, not me!"

EricKei
03-18-2014, 02:10 PM
There were still plenty of people milling about inside. No one seemed to be getting it. :doh:
It's a library -- it's not like they could claim that there was too much ambient noise for them to hear her...>_>

XCashier
03-18-2014, 02:39 PM
"Thank you for visiting Library, we are now closed. We'd like to thank our patrons who are staying after hours, for donating their time to library cleanup. We will be assigning cleaning tasks shortly. Again, thank you to those patrons staying after hours, we appreciate your assistance." :devil:
Cooper did something like that (http://retailcomic.com/comics/january-19-2006/) in the early days of the Retail comic strip. :D