PDA

View Full Version : Customer Called Place I Was Eating At To Complain About Me

purplecat41877
03-20-2014, 11:42 PM
Today, a customer called the place I was eating at and requested to speak to me. The employee handed the phone to me and the customer asked me if I knew who she was and I remembered her from the grocery store a block from the place I was eating (same grocery store I work for but I work in another location). She told me that she didn't appreciate the look I gave her when I came in the door (thought I just glanced but she told me that I gave her an angry look). She told me that she was a customer and that's all she was.

Jay 2K Winger
03-21-2014, 12:20 AM
So... now we're not only being bugged on our lunch breaks, and not only being bugged on our lunch breaks when we're not in the store, but we're being bugged on our lunch breaks when we're not in the store via telephone?!

Fuck this world, man...

Ree
03-21-2014, 12:38 AM
WTF???
That's just nuts.

Irving Patrick Freleigh
03-21-2014, 12:42 AM
That would earn a screamed "I'M ON MY FUCKING LUNCH BREAK!" from me, but since the caller has already identified me as me, I guess that's out.

Pimento
03-21-2014, 01:19 AM
I'd refuse to serve her from now on and maybe inform your manager. That's a whole new level of insane

MoonCat
03-21-2014, 01:20 AM
I probably would have said I had no idea who she was. People like that aren't as important as they think they are.

raudf
03-21-2014, 01:24 AM
She was no longer a customer, given that neither you nor she were in the store any more. You had every right to light right into her for being a complete twat waffle for waiting until you were outside of the company's ability to punish you for whatever she imagined you did wrong. Then I'd have told the employee and their manager that as their customer, I didn't appreciate the phone being handed to me, as I have a cell phone and any one that needs to contact me, can contact me via it.

Just ugh.

thatcrazyredhead
03-21-2014, 01:53 AM
I would inform my boss, refuse to serve her, and see about making a case for harassment. That is unfuckingbelievable. Completely out of line!!

taxguykarl
03-21-2014, 04:11 PM
Patiokitty is right...this is stalking:eek:
Definitely inform the management team and the local authorities.

Captain Trips
03-21-2014, 06:47 PM
In agreement here. She tracked you down to where you were eating (how?), then proceeded to harass you there.

Stalking, harassment, and possibly other illegal acts were involved. At the least, drop the ban-hammer.

LillFilly
03-21-2014, 11:31 PM
I hope your boss and workplace back you up on this. That 'customer' might be unstable and they have a legal obligation to make sure you are safe at work. Document if you have issues with the person both while at work out, and if it's while you're not at work, I would call the police so there is a record of this person following you. Good luck, be safe.

lachesis
03-22-2014, 01:51 AM
Whoa, total stalking issue here. If I'm reading your post right, it sounds like you work at store A and were a block away from store B. Were you filling in at store B and she made a point to follow you on your lunch break?

EricKei
03-22-2014, 03:59 AM
*read up* Yeah. What they said. That is exceedingly stalkerrific. This twit tracked you down OFF THE CLOCK, disrupted your day/time, disrupted the restaurants business, etc, to make a petty complaint that nobody cares about. Is there any way to identify her so that you can arrange to have her banned, ideally with a threat to call police for harassment/stalking?

Evannah
03-22-2014, 03:24 PM
That's absolutely insane! Who the heck does she think she is?!

Sapphire Silk
03-23-2014, 02:23 AM
This woman has a serious malfunction if she spent so much time obsessing over an imagined slight she just HAD to track the OP down to bitch at her.

She's whacked. Call the police.

Legacy_of_Torment
03-23-2014, 10:58 AM
Stalker much? How boring a life she must lead if that's all she has to think about. Good God, woman needs to grow up.

protege
03-23-2014, 03:10 PM
Then I'd have told the employee and their manager that as their customer, I didn't appreciate the phone being handed to me, as I have a cell phone and any one that needs to contact me, can contact me via it.

I too would have lit into the employee, and demanded a manager. I probably would have screamed at both of them, then demanded some sort of compensation--free meal, perhaps? Who knows, I probably would have also mentioned that I wouldn't be back...

snugglegirl05
03-24-2014, 01:30 AM
The employee at the restaurant never should have done this.

I would have been pissed if I was in the OP's shoes.

EricKei
03-24-2014, 07:51 PM
I really have to wonder what this stalkerrific bitch said to the server to get her to hand the phone over... I imagine she was basically yelling to get her to cave in. Still should have ended right there: hang up the phone and then pretend the call never happened.

purplecat41877
03-26-2014, 11:52 PM
Looks like I need to clear up a few things. To start, when I got to the eating place, the lady was already there standing at the door and for some reason I didn't think to use the other entrance. Also, I worked in my current store and was clocked out for the day. The main reason I was even in the area is because that's where the church choir I belong to is located.

Refusing service to her might not do any good. She doesn't even shop at the location I currently work. However, I used to work in the store she shops at. Either way, I shouldn't have to talk to her if I don't want to.

I believe that the employee was just doing her job. I don't feel she should get punished for that.

thatcrazyredhead
03-27-2014, 12:03 AM
So you're off the clock, in a place you don't work, and see someone who recognizes you from where you used to work. She doesn't like the look you gave her, so she leaves, calls the restaurant, asks for you, and complains?

I hope you hung up on her!

raudf
03-27-2014, 02:13 AM
I agree, the employee shouldn't be punished. This may be a policy issue and informing both employee and manager allows them to alter the policy to protect the customer and the company.

My hubs old manager once told me of a stalker at the arcade she'd managed before his. Guy was calling stores this particular girl would visit, giving a description, but no name. He called her arcade, she'd answered, he did the spiel, and she asked for a name. She had to, due to company policy. You see, she couldn't approach a customer to ask them to take a call. She had to make an "public" announcement for the customer to come to the counter for the call, giving them the chance to ignore it or refuse. He couldn't/wouldn't give a name, so she refused to help him further and hung up on him. Just as well, because the next store the girl stopped at didn't have that policy and well, security and then the police got involved. Fortunately, the girl was unhurt, because she wasn't stupid enough to fall for his creeping. The reason she found out about the whole thing is because the cops came to ask her if the guy had called her store. If I recall, she said the girl was considering a lawsuit against the other store, because they should have refused the call.

EricKei
03-27-2014, 03:02 AM
purple -- OIC ;) The caller was still a bitch, tho ^_^

rapana1
03-27-2014, 08:05 AM
Pimento, how old is your grandmother? :)

Pimento
03-27-2014, 09:00 PM
Pimento, how old is your grandmother? :)

76 I think? Lol why

rapana1
03-29-2014, 09:52 AM
Oh, you're not a Freemason, Pimento? My apologies, I was going by the square and compass on your avatar. As you were. XD

Pimento
03-29-2014, 04:41 PM
Am so. FC. MM on the 24th of april

Edit: the answer to your previous question was 178

tom8907
04-05-2014, 10:12 PM
Seriously? Seriously? Seriously? If that was me I'd have told them to bugger off over the phone

Kitten in the box
04-08-2014, 08:17 PM
I would have said, "oh really? thats nice. don't care. bye." and hung up the phone.