PDA

View Full Version : A nasty customer... and a nice one too!

Lace Neil Singer
07-25-2006, 12:47 AM
Tonight, at *supermarket*, the place was packed. I had a massive queue on my till by the time the closed sign went up, and I was horribly paranoid about more customers jumping on when I wasn't looking.

No need to worry; the last customer on my till before the sign went up was an absolute gentleman. :) He not only made sure the sign stayed up, even picking it up when it fell over, he also told 2 customers that I was closed and to find another checkout.

Now we get to nasty customer; technically, not a customer of mine as I didn't serve him; he came up to me as I was putting nice customer's shopping thru and said, "Why are you closing? There's a massive queue on that other checkout, you should stay open!" Before I could say anything, nice customer said to him, "She's finished her shift and she's going home, and there's no-one to take over. Would you like to stay on after your shift finishes? I doubt it."

Nasty customer stands there for a while looking like a fish out of water, before buggering off to bitch at customer services. :lol: Nice customer even took the time to thank me for putting his shopping thru before saying goodbye. Wish I had more customers like him. ;)

Broomjockey
07-25-2006, 05:19 AM
Wow, that was a nice guy. Sounds like something I'd do. I mean have done. I should post that story. In fact, I'm gonna go do that now.

Lace Neil Singer
07-26-2006, 07:46 PM
I've done that too, cuz I know how it feels. :lol: