PDA

View Full Version : Sucky hotel guests . . . includes question

Sapphire Silk
04-18-2015, 01:52 AM
So a question for our members who work in the hotel industry . . . .

I just got home from a professional conference at the beach. I go every year, and the conference is always held at this same hotel. I've been here many times, and the service is always good.

Wednesday night, I'm getting settled in my room. I'd just gotten home from dinner with some colleagues, and was surfing the net and the tube while winding down, so it was around 9pm or so. I start to hear this incessant banging sound. Honestly, it really sounded like doors slamming or dresser drawers slamming. It went on for about 40 minutes or so, and stopped. It was annoying, but since it wasn't really that late I didn't do anything about it.

Thursday, I note a well dressed couple going into the room. Couple were young, early 20's, and wife was very conservatively dressed (skirt below ankles, looked almost Mennonite).

Thursday night, same thing. I get home from dinner, am winding down surfing the net and the tube when the same banging starts up. It goes on for another 40 minutes or so, and stopped just in time for Game of Thrones (thank god, or I would have said something this time).

The dots connected and I'm pretty sure husband and wife were getting busy in the room as much wall banging also accompanied this.

So, do our hotel workers get many customer complaints about this kind of thing? How would you have resolved this if I had complained?

wolfie
04-18-2015, 06:59 AM
Just curious, but was the male wall-banger named Harvey?:drink:

Teefies2
04-18-2015, 07:03 AM
I don't know what hotel workers would do, but really if they're "getting it on" for 40 minutes, good on them! ;-)

Antisocial_Worker
04-18-2015, 10:22 AM
I've never gotten a complaint about sexy-time noises, but if I were to, I'd be able to send my security guard up to see what he could do about it.

Kit-Ginevra
04-18-2015, 02:01 PM
:devil: I suppose the right answer isn't 'Either keep the noise down or let me join in'....

HotelMinion
04-18-2015, 04:45 PM
I Treat it like a regular noise complaint. Which is, warn once to keep it down, and if they don't (and they rarely don't) security guard gets pleasure of throwing them out. Some hotels just offer the complainer a refund or discount.
Side story: I went to stay in a New York hotel once with my grandma and the couple next door were being very noisy, screaming oh and so on for hours. I told grandma that it was their TV, stuck in my earplugs. Awkward yes but we got thru it.

HawaiianShirts
04-18-2015, 06:50 PM
I've known people who applaud and cheer at the end of the performance when their hotel neighbors get frisky, especially if the walls are thin.

Sapphire Silk
04-18-2015, 07:14 PM
I've known people who applaud and cheer at the end of the performance when their hotel neighbors get frisky, especially if the walls are thin.

I like that one. I'll file that for future reference. :devil:

Antisocial_Worker
04-18-2015, 07:30 PM
I suppose the right answer isn't 'Either keep the noise down or let me join in'.... )

For two nights a week, my security guard is a doughy, diabetic retired prison guard... but for the other two nights a week, my security guard is a green-eyed Latino in his early 20's with tattoos, wavy black hair and an ass you could base a major religion off of. Twice now I've had to deal with guests who I was sure were trying to get him to come to their rooms for, shall we say, less than "pure" motives. That poor thing... he's so young, and I really wonder what he'll do if he ever actually is presented with that situation. Unfortunately he hasn't learned to become jaded yet.

registerrodeo
04-18-2015, 10:51 PM
Wait wait wait...2 nights in a row, 40 minutes each night? Where can I find me one of these Mennonite men???:eyewaggle::eyewaggle:

cindybubbles
04-18-2015, 10:54 PM
Treat it like a regular noise complaint. You don't want them getting too frisky, especially if children stay there, too.

Kit-Ginevra
04-18-2015, 11:26 PM
Wait wait wait...2 nights in a row, 40 minutes each night? Where can I find me one of these Mennonite men???:eyewaggle::eyewaggle:

Which one of the two did you want :P

wolfie
04-19-2015, 12:46 AM

If the walls are thin enough for you to clearly hear the frisky couple, how about waiting for them to finish and then yelling (loudly enough for them to hear it) "Cut! That's a print!":devil: Let them wonder where the cameras are, and who's going to see the footage.

Kit-Ginevra
04-19-2015, 01:25 AM
Or give them directions... 'Bang her head harder on the headboard,a little more thrusting...that's perfect....' Commentary on the technique will always go down well methinks :D

MoonCat
04-19-2015, 03:33 AM
my security guard is a green-eyed Latino in his early 20's with tattoos, wavy black hair and an ass you could base a major religion off of.

I could really use a security guard around the house. For reasons. :angel:

Monterey Jack
04-19-2015, 03:37 AM

Reminds me of that scene from the movie The Secret Of My Success, where Michael J. Fox starts air conducting in time to his neighbors' frantic, wall-banging sexcapades, and cracks opens a can of beer at the climax, which fizzes all over the place. :lol:

Mr Hero
04-19-2015, 04:07 AM
I've had parents ask me to call the guests involved to keep the noise down. Their kids usually think the woman's loud screams are because of pain.

MrSmiley
04-19-2015, 02:52 PM
A long time ago, there was a guest who would sometimes go off and have the sex with his girlfriend. They were loud. It wasn't an issue as far as I knew, but it was loud and could be heard down the hallway. I never actually ever got a complaint about it however. But this guy also thought it would be a good idea to cover up his sex with the sounds of music; he brought a boom box that he would crank up in the room to cover the noise. I did get noise complaints about the boom box. Specifically the THUMP THUMP THUMP bass that went along the walls and annoyed various people.

So the boom box would cause noise complaints. And we'd call the guest to ask him to keep it down. Well, because he was in the middle of sex, he didn't want to be interrupted and often told the person calling to fuck off or just would stop answering his phone.

Anyway this happened for awhile, he became a regular guest. He would often apologize to the managers in the daytime and agree not to play his boom box. And it wasn't like he was doing this every night. Still, within a week long stay, the fellow probably caused the noise complaints to happen at least once. What got him banned was the night he was doing this and the person who called down with the noise complaint was the owner who happened to be staying over for a flight in the morning (he is not usually present except for a dotted line to his company somewhere...). Not only did he phone down with a complaint, but he also got to hear the guest swearing at the security guard and night auditor who went up to talk to the guest and try to get him to shut up.

Sapphire Silk
04-19-2015, 07:29 PM
If the walls are thin enough for you to clearly hear the frisky couple, how about waiting for them to finish and then yelling (loudly enough for them to hear it) "Cut! That's a print!":devil: Let them wonder where the cameras are, and who's going to see the footage.

Or give them directions... 'Bang her head harder on the headboard,a little more thrusting...that's perfect....' Commentary on the technique will always go down well methinks :D

Oooh! I love these! I'll have to remember them next time I stay in a hotel! :D

wolfie
04-19-2015, 07:55 PM
So the boom box would cause noise complaints. And we'd call the guest to ask him to keep it down. Well, because he was in the middle of sex, he didn't want to be interrupted and often told the person calling to fuck off or just would stop answering his phone.

Anyway this happened for awhile, he became a regular guest.

WTF? How did he manage to become a regular guest? The FIRST time he (for all intents and purposes) told the desk person asking him to keep the noise down that he'd make all the noise he wanted, he should have been evicted and put on DNR status.

DGoddessChardonnay
04-19-2015, 08:03 PM
I've had parents ask me to call the guests involved to keep the noise down. Their kids usually think the woman's loud screams are because of pain.

Honey, if she ain't screaming, HE aint' doing something right.:angel:

And that would be the response I'd get from my own mother if I had ever commented on such noises.:lol:

Seshat
04-24-2015, 12:36 PM
A clean pair of socks makes something useful to bite down on. And one can always move the bed a bit away from the wall, so it's not banging on the wall.

Not that I'd know about this sort of thing.... :rolleyes:

But yes, I think if I were a hotelier, I'd make a small handy note that could be given to .. ah .. noisy rooms.