PDA

View Full Version : My uncle Dickbag

Irving Patrick Freleigh
05-30-2015, 10:28 PM
Right, so one of my uncles cut some trees down on his property and decided to sell the wood via a Facebook post. $35 for the entire lot.

A guy posted that he would be by in a couple days to buy and pick up the wood. Uncle thought the guy's profile picture looked sketchy and thought his name sounded fake.

A second guy posted he would stop by right away, and did. He hauled away three truckloads of wood for the $35. He said he planned to use it at his campsite in a county park (important because of rules regarding pests that can be transferred from place to place via firewood).

Uncle posted on Facebook that the wood had been sold.

First guy responded with "Thanks a lot, dickbag."

So now Dickbag is his new nickname. :D

Mr Hero
05-31-2015, 12:22 AM
I'm sure if he checks out the Craigslist personals, he can find someone willing to give him wood for $35.

EvilEmpryss
05-31-2015, 12:35 AM
Hey, the rules of all internet sales are that the first person to arrive with the cash in hand gets the goods. It sucks, but there was no contract to sell to the first guy. Considering how many people will bail on an arrangement to meet, I don't hold things for anyone.

DGoddessChardonnay
05-31-2015, 04:01 PM
Hey, the rules of all internet sales are that the first person to arrive with the cash in hand gets the goods. It sucks, but there was no contract to sell to the first guy. Considering how many people will bail on an arrangement to meet, I don't hold things for anyone.

I don't even have to post online to Craigslist or FB . . . all I have to do is leave out whatever we're done with on the hill along the backyard that runs along the side road and it'll be empty by the end of the day.:D

I'll even have someone come up in the back yard (if I'm out on the deck) and ask if they can have *whatever is out there* and I'll just tell them to help themselves - free. ;)

protege
05-31-2015, 09:57 PM
I'm sure if he checks out the Craigslist personals, he can find someone willing to give him wood for $35.

Why pay...when you can download all you want for free?
What?
:D

DGoddessChardonnay
06-01-2015, 09:35 PM
Why pay...when you can download all you want for free?
What?
:D

*Gibbs-smacks Protege*

That's MY line!:p:lol:

Remember what the Internet is for, Ya'll.;):wave:

ParkingWitch
06-02-2015, 12:24 AM
A guy posted that he would be by in a couple days to buy and pick up the wood.

Couple days, my ass. He was planning an 00 dark 30 discount.