PDA

View Full Version : I want the ORIGINAL flavor!

thehuckster
06-30-2015, 06:48 PM
I'm waiting for my order inside McD's. I overhear the following bizarre conversation between some middle-aged guy and the order taker:

SC: I want a medium #4 meal, a medium #5, both with Cokes, and large milkshake.

Worker: What flavor milkshake?

SC: Whatever the original is.

Worker: I'm sorry? I don't know what you mean. We have chocolate, vanilla, stra--

SC: I just want what the original flavor was.

Worker: We've always had more than one flavor.

SC: No, you haven't.

Worker: [ to a co-worker, possibly supervisor ] Excuse me? This gentleman is asking for a milkshake...

SC: [ over ] You don't know your own products! This is insanity!

Worker: [ ignoring SC ] ...in the 'original' flavor. Do you know if we had an original flavor?

[ other worker walks to counter authoritatively ]

Other Worker: Sir, did you want a chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, or--

SC: Listen, my wife texted me what she wanted. She asked for a milkshake without saying what flavor it is. I assume that means she wants whatever the original flavor is.

Other Worker: Sir, we don't have an original flavor. For as long as I've been here we've at least had chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry at the very least as milkshake flavors. I suggest you just text your wife asking which flavor she wants.

SC: Are you sure?

Other Worker: I'm positive. We haven't ever had only one flavor milkshake.

At this point my order had come up, and it seemed things were wrapping up between the customer and the worker. Thankfully there wasn't a line at that point that he was holding up, but geez. This guy didn't understand the basic concept of milkshake ordering.

Crossbow
06-30-2015, 07:03 PM
Where does he think he is? Wendy's?

And I don't care what they say. There is only Chocolate Frosty.

Ironclad Alibi
06-30-2015, 10:11 PM
I have to side with the SC on this one. I too want a milkshake in its original flavor (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milkshake#1880s.E2.80.931930s).

When the term "milkshake" was first used in print in 1885, milkshakes were an alcoholic whiskey drink that has been described as a "sturdy, healthful eggnog type of drink, with eggs, whiskey, etc., served as a tonic as well as a treat".

Sheldonrs
07-01-2015, 12:49 AM
The original flavor was milk, shaken, not stirred.

dalesys
07-01-2015, 01:09 AM
Yo momma was laughing at you...

Aragarthiel
07-01-2015, 01:54 AM
Now I want a hot fudge milkshake...

And I don't care what they say. There is only Chocolate Frosty.

And Butterfinger Frosty.

notalwaysright
07-01-2015, 02:02 AM
Yes well, I could teach you, but I'd have to charge...

(had to, sorry)

MoonCat
07-01-2015, 02:28 AM
Ugh, another idiot.

His poor wife probably thought he knew her well enough to know what flavor she likes.

Monterey Jack
07-01-2015, 03:41 AM
"Uhhhhh...we have vanilla, chocolate and strawberry." (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQUaguZawJQ)

PastryGal
07-01-2015, 12:48 PM
Now I want a strawberry shake from Dairy Queen!

Mr Hero
07-01-2015, 12:51 PM
My Original Flavor brings all the boys to the yard.

"Uhhhhh...we have vanilla, chocolate and strawberry." (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQUaguZawJQ)

Haha I love the title of the episode.

Evannah
07-03-2015, 04:43 PM
"Oh, you want the original flavour? Okay, go find a cow and milk it. Have a nice day!"

That's what I would have loved to have said lol.

protege
07-10-2015, 08:01 PM

I wonder if that's how 007 gets his...
:lol: