PDA

View Full Version : Time for a get-your-Santas-off-the-shelf rant...

Kit-Ginevra
07-23-2015, 10:32 AM
:rant:

It's 22 July,the kids are just off school,everyone's off down the beach,the sun is shining... and the first sighting of the Christmas cards are out :(
What's wrong with waiting till after Thanksgiving-or Hallowe'en-or Harvest-or Back to School-or End of School.... :burnup:

Bright_Star
07-23-2015, 11:36 AM
The earliest Christmas sighting I ever had was when I saw Christmas decorations for sale at Sam's Club in mid August. I was working there at the time & I was sweeping the floors. I turned the corner & there they were. I was floored...lol.
I find it funny that I've started seeing back to school commercials on tv already & it's not even August yet!

EricKei
07-23-2015, 01:44 PM
The local Mart of Wal already has an aisle or two repurposed with the specific school supplies requested by the local schools -- They even have printouts of the lists for each school...which is pretty handy, I gotta admit.

mjr
07-23-2015, 02:59 PM
The local Mart of Wal already has an aisle or two repurposed with the specific school supplies requested by the local schools -- They even have printouts of the lists for each school...which is pretty handy, I gotta admit.

Some of that is because of Tax Free weekend.

KuariKaydrith
07-23-2015, 05:11 PM
I live in Newfoundland...where summer has apparently been cancelled. I'm surprised that Christmas decorations haven't started going up in our local Voldemart already, but I think that is because people are hoping that by holding back with the fall/winter decor that summer might actually make an appearance here...

Trixie
07-23-2015, 10:42 PM
Most of the schools if not all, attend on a year round schedule and I think the start next week. But that's only two weeks early than they normally did. We already have some Halloween candy out since end of June. No Christmas stuff yet as far as I know. Yet.

Seanette
07-24-2015, 01:33 AM
When I was growing up, school always started right after Labor Day. BTS sales in July seem weird to me.

I hate holiday creep. I can forgive places like craft stores for having holiday project stuff out months early, since the customer will need lead time to make the project. As for ready-made stuff, I much prefer the old system of taking our holidays in order. I especially dislike how Thanksgiving is being swallowed up by Greedmas.

MoonCat
07-24-2015, 01:41 AM
Around here they advertise back-to-school in JUNE, right after school ends for the summer!

As for holiday stuff, no, no, no....keep it away from me! Too soon!!!

dawnfire
07-24-2015, 02:08 AM

one of the stationary/office supply chains does one better. they have the book lists online so you can order it online for home delivery or pick up.

morgana
07-24-2015, 02:14 AM
and the first sighting of the Christmas cards are out :(

I'll be under the bed if ya'll need me . . . :(

Ironclad Alibi
07-24-2015, 04:51 AM
:rant:

... and the first sighting of the Christmas cards are out :(

Does this mean we have to start thinking about signing up for the CS Christmas card exchange?

Aragarthiel
07-24-2015, 06:14 AM
Holiday creep is the reason I thought for most of my life that "Happy Holidays" covered everything from Halloween to New Year's, not just Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/Christmas like it actually is.

Though my definition of it would definitely put an end to the "Happy Holidays"/"Merry Christmas" debate.

Cobrabubbles
07-24-2015, 04:34 PM
The local greeting card store has their Christmas ornaments up already, have for about a week. Hubs and I were a mite shocked to say the least.

taxguykarl
07-24-2015, 05:30 PM
Does this mean we have to start thinking about signing up for the CS Christmas card exchange?Looks like it.:angel:

Racket_Man
07-25-2015, 08:25 AM
with all of the holiday creep I see here and IRL:

I wonder how much of Thanksgiving they will take up this year with the Black "Thursday" sales???????

EricKei
07-25-2015, 04:11 PM
Does this mean we have to start thinking about signing up for the CS Christmas card exchange?
Hmmm? Did you say "glitter"? *rubs hands together evilly and lets loose a deep chuckle*

IA: Wait, what? No, I...Dammit >_< *starts thinking about which vacuum cleaner to sacrifice this year*

Kanalah
07-25-2015, 05:57 PM
I am thinking they'll start 11am thursday. If not wednesday at midnight.

Irving Patrick Freleigh
07-26-2015, 12:41 AM
I think eventually, Black Friday will just circle into the week before Thanksgiving. Maybe the weekend before Thanksgiving. I dunno.

That would probably go over quite well here because the weekend before Thanksgiving is the start of gun deer hunting season here, and when the men go hunting the women go shopping. Plus we'd maybe get Thanksgiving back.

Aria
07-26-2015, 02:58 AM
Today is Christmas in July day, the 25th of the month. The cartoon network had nothing BUT Christmas cartoons.

My niece hated it. She yelled into the speakers that she doesn't want Christmas, she likes summer way better. XD

Erinesque
07-26-2015, 10:06 PM
And to think I was surprised to see Halloween decorations out at Cracker Barrel already!

Kit-Ginevra
07-26-2015, 10:40 PM
:devil: Although if any of the CS girls want to dust off their Miss Santa costumes for a summer shoot,I won't complain....