PDA

View Full Version : She thought I worked there

bhskittykatt
07-29-2015, 02:35 AM
I know it seems everyone on here has a story where they were shopping someplace and were mistaken for an employee, everyone except me, and now I has one! (Is it wrong that I'm this excited about it?)

After finishing a shift at the clinic I'm interning at, I was at Aid of Rite getting pain meds, kinesio tape, and feminine products. I had grabbed two bottles of pills and was debating if it was really worth the extra $7 for hot pink tape when...

Customer: "Excuse me, where can I find the thermometers?"
Me: "Oh, I'm not sure, maybe by the pharmacy?"
Customer: "um....okay?"
Me: *decides the extra $7 isn't worth it, grabs the beige tape, and heads off to grab next item*

As I was returning with my arms full of merchandise, I saw the customer again and she was just staring daggers at me. That's when I realized, she thought I was an employee!

The employees here wear navy blue polos and khaki pants along with nametags with the company logo. I had a purple polo and shiny silver pants and a nametag with my school's logo. However, I was wearing a polo and pants of some sort and a nametag, so apparently that was enough. :angel:

She looked super pissed at me, so I sort of wonder if I got a complaint after I left.

An Haddock
07-29-2015, 02:30 PM
Oh, to be a fly on the wall when she complains to a manager about their horrible employee - only to be told they don't work there.

Of course, some people just can't admit when they're wrong. (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=93889)

taxguykarl
07-29-2015, 07:37 PM
When my mega tax chain still had red polos as a uniform, I was mistaken for a Bulls-eye team member (IIRC, that's the term) when I had a errand there.:rolleyes:

HawaiianShirts
07-30-2015, 04:48 AM
(Is it wrong that I'm this excited about it?)

If it's wrong, then we can be wrong together. I've had a few ask me a question in some store and then realize that I'm not an employee and apologize, but I'm still holding out hope that one will get mad and try to complain.

Marmalady
07-30-2015, 06:29 AM
I'm still bemused about the time when a woman asked me a question in the local Blue & White superstore, thinking I was an employee - they wear navy or red polo shirts, depending on department, and navy trousers - when I was wearing jeans and a black and white Be Bop Deluxe T shirt :confused: