PDA

View Full Version : I've never heard of a bar asking for ID!!

Plaidman
07-27-2006, 03:14 PM
This is my mom's story. A few days ago she went by a bar with her friend to get some hamburgers. While they were waiting, this youngish couple came in and sat at the bar. The server asked for their IDs. Story went something like this.

Server: Can I see your ID please?
Girl: ?? What? Aren't we in a bar?
Server: Yeah, that's why I need to see your ID.
Girl: Well, I don't have it.
Guy: I never heard of needing ID here before.
Server: o_O Where you from, this is ORegon, I'm not facing those fines for not seeing your ID.
Girl: Well we'll sit at the restraunt.
Server: This IS the restraunt, I need to see your IDs.
Girl: This is a BAR! I don't NEED to show you my id.

My mom didn't stick around to hear the rest. Wish she did.

strawbabies
07-27-2006, 05:04 PM
They must've figured the bar had magical barriers at the door that don't let anyone under 21 in. Since they were just able to stroll into the building, they must have been old enough to be there.

PuckishOne
07-27-2006, 05:11 PM
Girl: This is a BAR! I don't NEED to show you my id.
My. Head. Hurts.

As always, The Question: How do people like this survive without being eaten by larger, smarter animals?

LostMyMind
07-27-2006, 05:52 PM
As always, The Question: How do people like this survive without being eaten by larger, smarter animals?
That's simple, "survival of the fittest" is a myth. :potstir:

PuckishOne
07-27-2006, 06:34 PM
That's simple, "survival of the fittest" is a myth. :potstir:
The day I'm having, I'm tempted to jump into that one with ya. ;)

Maybe "fittest" was a typo. Maybe it's meant to say "survival of those with the least amount of brain cells." Either way, my head still hurts. :p

cougar_guy04
07-27-2006, 08:46 PM
My. Head. Hurts.

I attribute it to the vast quantities of warning labels we have. I could get into some prime examples, but that's for another thread/day.

MystyGlyttyr
07-27-2006, 09:01 PM
It's my motto. "Everyday, I see proof that evolution is correct. However, it is severely overinflated in it's effectiveness."

XCashier
07-27-2006, 09:38 PM
It's my motto. "Everyday, I see proof that evolution is correct. However, it is severely overinflated in it's effectiveness."
Personally, I think Darwin got the theory backwards, and that the human species is DEvolving to a lower, stupider life form. The stories on here are proof of that! ;) :potstir:

One-Fang
07-28-2006, 12:12 AM
Okay, it fits nicely with evolutionary theory. Let me explain.

Survival of the fittest simply means survival of those most fit to survive and breed. Kind of an almost redundant obviousness to it. Now, who's breeding? We know it's the stupid people. It's often lamented. Think about your high school. Who was getting dates - the stupid or the nerds?

Combine this with the higher instance of choosing to be childless in more intelligent people (generally speaking, nobody flame me please), and you have a situation where the human race is selectively breeding for stupidity.

They displayed stupidity. Highly fit for this environment. They will survive and breed.

(Oh, and there's no such thing as devolving. Evolution is change, not a change towards something).

thelong1
07-28-2006, 11:26 AM
this is ORegon.

:wave: Nice to see another Oregonian on here. Go Ducks!

Becks
07-28-2006, 03:50 PM
Server: Can I see your ID please?
Girl: ?? What? Aren't we in a bar?
Server: Yeah, that's why I need to see your ID.
Girl: Well, I don't have it.
Guy: I never heard of needing ID here before.

What time machine did they escape from? I thought it was drilled into the brain at an early age that an ID is required at bars... Did I miss the memo saying that that's no longer the case?:confused:

Discourtesy Clerk
07-29-2006, 01:59 AM
Is this girl foreign? I'd normally think you'd have to have come very recently from the other side of the world to have that kind of legal ignorance. If not, well...you can just blame it on her being American. :lol:

RecoveringKinkoid
07-29-2006, 02:08 AM
Okay, it fits nicely with evolutionary theory. Let me explain.

Survival of the fittest simply means survival of those most fit to survive and breed. Kind of an almost redundant obviousness to it. Now, who's breeding? We know it's the stupid people. It's often lamented. Think about your high school. Who was getting dates - the stupid or the nerds?

Combine this with the higher instance of choosing to be childless in more intelligent people (generally speaking, nobody flame me please), and you have a situation where the human race is selectively breeding for stupidity.

They displayed stupidity. Highly fit for this environment. They will survive and breed.

(Oh, and there's no such thing as devolving. Evolution is change, not a change towards something).

Man, you are so right. :(

Seanette
07-29-2006, 03:12 AM
:wave: Nice to see another Oregonian on here. Go Ducks!
:wave: Born and raised in Oregon (third-generation native on my mother's side of the family), now exiled to south of the Manson-Nixon line, as my mother calls it. :D

JustADude
07-29-2006, 03:05 PM
I attribute it to the vast quantities of warning labels we have. I could get into some prime examples, but that's for another thread/day.

I agree. The smart took pity on the stupid and decided to save them from themselves. In retrospect, that's rather like saving a locust plague from starving itself to death.

MadMike
08-01-2006, 03:10 AM
They must've figured the bar had magical barriers at the door that don't let anyone under 21 in. Since they were just able to stroll into the building, they must have been old enough to be there.

...or maybe the bar had an "age line" drawn around it.

Seriously, I never heard of a bar not asking ID. OK, I don't get carded at every bar I stop at anymore, but then I am in my late 30's now.

alphaboi
08-01-2006, 03:45 AM
...or maybe the bar had an "age line" drawn around it. Seriously, I never heard of a bar not asking ID. OK, I don't get carded at every bar I stop at anymore, but then I am in my late 30's now.
I get carded whenever I go to a bar or club and most (not all) restaurants. What's the one place I never get carded? The state-run Wine & Spirits Shoppes (http://www.lcb.state.pa.us/); of course the Liquor Control Board can't very well fine itself.

stickycoins
08-03-2006, 06:42 AM
I get the same thing every night. Signs everywhere "Have ID ready for alcohol/tobacco purchases". At least one nimrod a night that thinks if he spouts off his birth date(since he DROVE to my store and didn't bring ID) that I will sell him beer or cigs. Same for the ones that will send their friends in for what I just refused to sell to them. Or right in my face at the counter. Fireworks ensue on that. I don't need a $1500 fine and a Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor charge which is criminal, not civil.

nattie
08-03-2006, 09:18 AM
Trust me as a server, people try some stupid things to get alcohol. The best was when a girl used an I.D. of a girl that I used to work with!

Lace Neil Singer
08-03-2006, 12:41 PM
I once had a girl say, "I'll ring my friend up and she'll tell you I'm 18". Sadly for her, that doesn't count as ID where I work or indeed, anywhere.

Racket_Man
08-04-2006, 08:11 AM
Trust me as a server, people try some stupid things to get alcohol. The best was when a girl used an I.D. of a girl that I used to work with!

I have one better at the gas station I help Manage (assist. Mngr) ---- I had a guy (truck driving company trainee) try to use a PHOTOCOPY of his "license" and tried to tell me that the bars in town accepted it!!!!!! :headscratch: :rant:

And I did laugh in the guys face :flame:

Primer
08-05-2006, 04:30 PM

Too bad it's too late for me to start having kids. I'd almost consider it just to have a few smarter folks running around 20 years from now. :devil:

Mr. Rager!
08-05-2006, 06:46 PM
Bars didn't start asking for my I.D. until I turned 21. I got into bars quite often as a minor.

Most bars have recently stopped checking my I.D. anymore as well... it helps that I'm on a first name basis with a lot of the bouncers here in town.

Worker-Intellectual
08-05-2006, 10:08 PM
If she's never heard of a bar asking for ID, she's never heard of a bar, and therefore has not been on this planet long enough to go on one... case closed