PDA

View Full Version : I wear my sunglasses...into the bank and at night

thehippie777
10-06-2017, 10:16 PM
When you enter a bank, remove your hat and sunglasses. If not, you look like a bank robber.

Don't get butt-hurt when a teller or other banking employee asks you to remove them. I don't care if you know the Pope of the Bank, remove your hat and sunglasses.

Seanette
10-07-2017, 03:57 AM
Or if entering a convenience store, please take off the ski mask. Even if you're a regular, the nice cashier is probably going to freak out until you start talking and/or show your face.

Nunavut Pants
10-07-2017, 04:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17weg7weEkQ

:D

Monterey Jack
10-07-2017, 02:25 PM
Nothing irritates me more than customers going through the entire transaction wearing sunglasses indoors. As soon as I enter a building after being outside on a bright day, my sunglasses get taken off, mainly so that I can actually see.

M'oh Less
10-07-2017, 02:30 PM
I wear prescription sunglasses, so I often forget to take them off when I go inside a store... I forget that I'm not wearing my normal glasses. *Shrug*

Monterey Jack
10-07-2017, 02:34 PM
That's one thing, but I just find it vaguely condescending to try to process a transaction with a customer who's wearing their sunglasses the entire time (and more often then not yapping on their cell phone as well). At least look the cashier in the eye!

dalesys
10-07-2017, 04:41 PM
Unless you are like John Kay of Steppenwolf who only has "night vision" (no cones) and the bank is more than bright enough to blind you!

greek_jester
10-07-2017, 11:06 PM
I wear prescription sunglasses, so I often forget to take them off when I go inside a store... I forget that I'm not wearing my normal glasses.

This exactly. If I'm doing a quick in and out it's too much hassle to fish my normal glasses out (they live in my backpack).

Mental_Mouse
10-09-2017, 02:33 PM
Unfortunately, I need to wear my sunglasses in most supermarkets to reduce sensory overload. Ditto for my local hospital (they have those nasty fluorescents).

DGoddessChardonnay
10-09-2017, 02:52 PM
Try wearing Transitions lenses . . . it'll take a few minutes for the dark to fade once I'm back inside - especially if I've been standing outside the back door and right in the path of the sun.

I swear I'm blind for a couple of minutes after coming back in before the tint fades and it's back to indoor mode.:lol:

Lovecats
10-09-2017, 06:24 PM
Try wearing Transitions lenses . . . it'll take a few minutes for the dark to fade once I'm back inside - especially if I've been standing outside the back door and right in the path of the sun.

I swear I'm blind for a couple of minutes after coming back in before the tint fades and it's back to indoor mode.:lol:
I've had the transition lenses for years. I love them.

wordgirl
10-16-2017, 07:18 PM
I will also wear my Rx sunnies indoors if I'm just running in for something quick, like grabbing an iced tea at the "Flying Goose" while my gas is pumping.

Well, not at night, obviously. Unless I've lost my A pair of regular glasses ... again ... and left my B and C pairs at the office and/or home ... again. Then I'm pretty much wearing sunnies everywhere. (They do have a lovely Audrey Hepburn vibe).

To be fair (to myself) this is an area known for sunny weather and lots of folks wear sunglasses everywhere.

smfrazier
10-16-2017, 09:57 PM
Or if entering a convenience store, please take off the ski mask. Even if you're a regular, the nice cashier is probably going to freak out until you start talking and/or show your face.

That did happen to me when I worked at a convenience store. I had just gotten robbed the week before . When someone walked in wear a ski mask I thought "oh no not again!" He then took his mask off and I recognize him. It was extremely cold(for Florida) that night and he had been walking.

AH85
10-21-2017, 11:47 AM
I have worn glasses for almost 30 years, and finally have my own set of prescription sunglasses. They’re honking big, though, and not totally black so you can still see my eyes if I wear them indoors. I do this a lot when grocery shopping cuz I don’t want to dig out my regular glasses, lol.

EricKei
10-21-2017, 02:40 PM
Been using Transitions for 20+ years, and I love 'em! I've only had them take more than about 30 seconds to go from dark to clear if it's really cold outside, though (in which case they take longer to ...transition...(that was a joke, m'boy! You're supposed to laugh! </Foghorn>)), but they also get much darker than usual when I'm in sunlight.

Minflick
10-21-2017, 06:09 PM
I wore transition lenses back in my teens, but since then, I've had to move on to plastic lenses due to my particular imbalance of correction needed, and as far as I know, they don't make transition lenses in plastic.

EricKei
10-21-2017, 11:13 PM
Transitions are, in my experience, comparatively thin/light plastic (I wanna say it's a "sandwich" of three layers). They're just a specific (read: overpriced) *kind* of plastic :)

M'oh Less
10-22-2017, 04:33 PM
Firendly neiborhood Optometry Gal here -

Transitions are wonderful, and ALL of my glasses had them for years. The problem with transitions is that they don't actually replace true sunglasses. They're best used as a supplemental. For instance - notice they don't go quite as dark in your car? That's because your windshield has a certain amount of UV protection built into it, and that's actually what transition lenses react to - the UV - not the sunlight itself. They also don't block quite enough blue light to be effective as true sunglasses. It's always good to have an actual pair for those situations where the transitions aren't good enough. High UV days, driving, foggy weather, etc.

Food Lady
10-23-2017, 04:20 AM
Unfortunately, I need to wear my sunglasses in most supermarkets to reduce sensory overload. Ditto for my local hospital (they have those nasty fluorescents).

I used to have a couple of customers whom I could tell were doing the same thing. They were regulars for years and had the sunnies on every single trip to the store so that's how I figured it out. It's a little unnerving, but of course I understood.

EricKei
10-23-2017, 01:34 PM
ML -- Thanks! Something to keep in mind next time I need new specs :) (I'm off-the-scale nearsighted/a High Index lens user, so I can't just grab one off the rack at a drugstore)