PDA

View Full Version : That moment when ...

Pixelated
12-02-2017, 07:50 PM
... you grab your drink from among a clutter of staff drinks in the backroom and take a hearty slug ...

... and then realize THAT WASN'T YOUR DRINK ...

:eek:

Kittish
12-02-2017, 08:07 PM
Followed immediately by the twin thoughts of "What do I do now? Put it back and hope they don't notice?" and "I hope they don't have anything catching."

dalesys
12-02-2017, 08:58 PM
... hope they don't notice?...
Difficult to pull off when the light brown decoction is neither coffee latte nor chocolate milk but...

root beer & milk! :D

Pixelated
12-02-2017, 10:20 PM
It was ice-cold and it had started life as a hot drink, so I'm not even sure the correct owner remembered it was there (or was even in the store anymore).

I opted to quietly put it back ... :angel:

dalesys: root beer and milk?!? :confused:

It was a day of brain burps. It started with me lollygagging at my computer around 11:30 a.m. when the phone rang. It was The Mothership boss.

"Didn't you trade shifts with [Coworker] today? Aren't you supposed to be here now?"

:eek::runaway:

I've slacked off on writing my shifts (and changes) on the big calendar in the kitchen, so yeah ... I totally forgot.

dalesys
12-02-2017, 10:34 PM
...dalesys: root beer and milk?!? :confused:...
Family tradition. Mix half RB and half M. Kind of like a melted root beer float without the glutinous texture of melted ice cream. Commercially available (https://homedelivery.winderfarms.com/HOMS/ViewProductDetail?p=00001254)!

Pixelated
12-02-2017, 11:41 PM
I've never heard of that. I'll give it a try sometime. :)

Mental_Mouse
12-03-2017, 12:48 AM
It was a day of brain burps. It started with me lollygagging at my computer around 11:30 a.m. when the phone rang. It was The Mothership boss.

"Didn't you trade shifts with [Coworker] today? Aren't you supposed to be here now?"

:eek::runaway:

I've slacked off on writing my shifts (and changes) on the big calendar in the kitchen, so yeah ... I totally forgot.

Uh, oh. Hope you don't get in trouble for that.

Pixelated
12-03-2017, 04:40 AM
Well, Bossman certainly wasn't happy ... but I got there in record time, and then rushed around like the proverbial chicken with its head cut off when I got there, cleaning this and refilling that and emptying the other, so I think I managed to redeem myself. :)

Cia
12-04-2017, 05:40 PM
You're luck it wasn't Pepsi and milk.

Pixelated
12-05-2017, 01:51 AM
That sounds DISGUSTING. :blink:

SteeleDragon78
12-05-2017, 11:19 AM

or a coworkers chaw receptical :puke:

Pixelated
12-07-2017, 12:25 AM

Ye gods!!!

Chewing 'baccy isn't much of a "thing" here, as far as I know, but yeah ... that would've been gross beyond words.

Ironclad Alibi
12-07-2017, 02:58 AM
Bad things can happen when you don't watch what you drink. As in this classic example. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhOvYLOkw4c)

Kittish
12-08-2017, 12:15 PM

That was Laverne's drink of choice on the old TV show Laverne & Shirley. Made me shudder every time she'd mix up a glass of it. And I agree, it sounds disgusting.

dalesys
12-08-2017, 12:57 PM
Time to re-view inputs... Everything I've et in the last week or so...

That sucking noise is my rear end looking for what it left somewhere...

Dreamstalker
12-13-2017, 10:20 PM
root beer & milk! :D
I thought I was the only one who drank that combo as a kid! With me it was sarsparilla and milk and mom thought it was extremely weird...

Mental_Mouse
12-14-2017, 01:00 AM
I thought I was the only one who drank that combo as a kid! With me it was sarsparilla and milk and mom thought it was extremely weird...

And yet nobody blinks at ice cream in root beer (that is, a float).

Dreamstalker
12-18-2017, 10:02 PM
But with a float everyone's expecting there to actually be ice cream. So no ice cream=ZOMGwhatisthis? Even when I tried to explain I was just skipping the inevitable mess of melting ice cream...

*just found a recipe for sarsparilla...may give it a whirl if I can find the real extract*