PDA

View Full Version : How to traumatize small children

Kit-Ginevra
02-07-2019, 01:20 AM
Looking for a DVD for friend's kids. 'Happy Tree Friends..that will do... cheerful cast of characters...annoyingly jangly tune that plays...body parts being severed...blades...torture.....'... and quickly return to shelves 😈

Mental_Mouse
02-07-2019, 01:49 AM
Wait, there are DVDs of those? I thought they were YouTube originals!

notalwaysright
02-07-2019, 02:00 AM
I have to admit, when I saw Kit posted this, I was pretty concerned. This isn't as bad as I thought it would be!

RealUnimportant
02-07-2019, 09:13 AM
Wait, there are DVDs of those? I thought they were YouTube originals!
HTF predates YouTube by quite a margin; it was originally Flash cartoons! They're all on YouTube now due to inevitability more than anything else nowadays, but they appeared on DVD as early as 2002.

Blue Ginger
02-10-2019, 11:11 AM
Those things were disturbing when they first came out. There is no way in hell that I would watch they again now and I normally have a fairly twisted sense of humour.

(Has anyone seen Salad Fingers? It's even more disturbing especially for a flash cartoon.)

Mental_Mouse
02-10-2019, 12:04 PM
HTF predates YouTube by quite a margin; it was originally Flash cartoons! They're all on YouTube now due to inevitability more than anything else nowadays, but they appeared on DVD as early as 2002.

OK, I learned something today.

Ironclad Alibi
02-11-2019, 06:17 PM
Looking for a DVD for friend's kids. 'Happy Tree Friends..that will do... cheerful cast of characters...annoyingly jangly tune that plays...body parts being severed...blades...torture.....'... and quickly return to shelves 😈

I just had to check out YouTube for that show.

Now I'm going to go watch some nice, like Sausage Party (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVAcTZKTgmc).

LadyofArc
02-12-2019, 05:55 AM
Those things were disturbing when they first came out. There is no way in hell that I would watch they again now and I normally have a fairly twisted sense of humour.

(Has anyone seen Salad Fingers? It's even more disturbing especially for a flash cartoon.)

Even I found them disturbing and I have a just as bad sense of humour.

OK, I learned something today.

Me too. :D