PDA

View Full Version : The signs are up!

Lace Neil Singer
07-30-2006, 10:18 PM
Remember those magic signs I told you about? Well, they're up and they say this:

Customers: Please refrain from verbally abusing our staff. This is not acceptable.

Yeah, like that'll work.:rolleyes:

Irving Patrick Freleigh
07-30-2006, 11:57 PM
:roll: :roll:

That's funny. So the next time some SC lays into an employee, you can point to the sign, tell them to read to sign, and then have the customer start going off because there's a sign.

Makes me think of some other signs we could put up but they'll never be followed:

"Please don't hide your printers and scanners so others can't use them. This is unacceptable."
"Shoppers, please return any itmes you don't intend to buy back in their regualr place on the shelf. Leaving them lie around is unacceptable."
"Please do not make a mess with your bodily wastes in the restrooms. It is unacceptable."

Kiwi
07-31-2006, 01:09 AM
"Customers, go home, serving your ugly mugs is unacceptable":eek:

just kidding, that sign is the insipid version of the

" A $10 tax will be added onto the bills of rude customers"

Spiffy McMoron
07-31-2006, 03:21 AM
"Talking to the staff as if they were simpletons is unacceptable."

"Hitting you over the head with a rolled-up newspaper is acceptable."

I wish...

DerangedHermit
07-31-2006, 05:28 AM
Oh no, it's unacceptable! What will they do if they do it?

Tell them it's unacceptable of course :rolleyes:

stormtreader
07-31-2006, 01:43 PM
I can feel myself being affected by the 'be-good' radiation from here ;)

Its like the signs at the start of films 'recording this is illegal'.
I always try to imagine people reading that and then dismantling all the video kit theyve sneaked in and set up :rolleyes:

Lace Neil Singer
07-31-2006, 02:02 PM
The sad thing is, the person who came up with that sign was probably paid a lot to do so. :lol: I personally wanted "If you're rude to the staff they have the right to be equally rude back".

Becks
07-31-2006, 02:41 PM
"We believe it treating people as we want to be treated, and we assume you feel the same way. That being said, if you're an asshat to our employees, they will give back as good as they got."

digilight
07-31-2006, 04:30 PM
how about a little change to
Customers: Please refrain from verbally abusing our staff. They have been trained to physically abuse you in return.

air914
07-31-2006, 06:21 PM
How about "physically or verbally abusing our employees is not allowed and will get you kicked out and banned from the store?" Or: "Throwing things at our employees will also result in YOU being thrown out of the store..." I'd like that sign. Of course their excuse would be "I didn't see the sign" or "I can't read"

Rapscallion
07-31-2006, 08:37 PM
http://www.thevortexbarandgrill.com/TheVortex/index.htm

Check out the rules section there. Awesome wording.

Rapscallion

Lace Neil Singer
07-31-2006, 10:53 PM
*after reading that, is sick with longing for similar wording on the magic signs*

:lol:

lordlundar
08-01-2006, 04:00 PM
Sign from a dollar store that is up at the CS area where my mom works:

"If you are rude, grouchy or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge added just for putting up with you."

I want those plastered all over the store!:D

morgana
08-01-2006, 08:50 PM
Sign from a dollar store that is up at the CS area where my mom works:

"If you are rude, grouchy or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge added just for putting up with you."

I want those plastered all over the store!:D

My doctor's office has this up. My doc rocks.

Spiffy McMoron
08-01-2006, 11:15 PM
A nearby comic book store has the sign: "All unattended children will be sold into slavery."

Before I saw that, I thought they rocked just for carrying Invader Zim stuff.