PDA

View Full Version : The Donation

Koliedrus
07-19-2007, 02:55 AM
I have no problem with sharing what little wealth I have. To some, my income is beyond comprehension. To me, it's enough.

This afternoon, my children were with me at my store for a quick stop-and-shop. In particular, my daughter wanted to know more about the hubbub regarding raw cookie dough. Explaining that it was a comfort food simply was not enough to satiate her curiosity. I suppose I'll have to deal with the manifestations of that inquisitive nature with Time. I choose not to digress.

As my sprats and I mentally checked off the items on our shopping list, a tall, young man approached us requesting money to feed children. He had a clipboard and credentials at the ready.

My first instinct was to knee him in the balls and snap his neck. I suppressed that one.

After listening through his thick accent, I came to the conclusion that no matter his intention, he was risking himself in a volatile political arena for something that may or may not feed a child for a week.

He pulled my heart-strings. I felt it only fair that I lead him into a cam-recorded area as I satisfied my feelings of guilt for having "too much".

Five bucks later, my heart and mind were both satisfied.

He may have scammed me out of some pay. He may have confused my kids regarding my instructions about talking to strangers.

In the end, he exposed his huge nuts and taught my children that 5 dollars can buy a priceless lesson.

There are good "guys" in the world.
They're difficult to spot.

Game ON.

Crazeyal
07-22-2007, 08:20 PM
Good for you.