PDA

View Full Version : My favorite customer

myswtghst
08-21-2007, 03:10 AM
For those of you who haven't read my intro at the top of each thread, I work in a tech dispatch call center. Basically, I handle contracts for major radio/911 type systems--meaning, if their system breaks, they call me, I get all the info (do they have a contract? What's wrong? etc) and call in the appropriate shop or tech support group. I work in conjunction with a group we'll call MG, who monitor customer sites for alarms, and open cases to have said alarms investigated. Because of the MG, if a customer does invasive work on their site, they have to call us and open a case first, so we know it's them causing the alarm, not a break-in or a system failure.

Once a week, my favorite customer, who we'll refer to as R, calls in to open a case to notify MG that he's doing a database optimization, so they ignore all alarms for the time he's working. R is always super happy, super polite, and charming. He always has all his information ready, and never wastes my time. He is similarly awesome when he calls back to close out the case. I have never heard this man sound as if he were in a bad mood, and it honestly makes my night when he calls in, because I know it will be a good call.

So thanks, R, for demonstrating how to be an awesome customer. :D If only there were more people out there like you.