PDA

View Full Version : Admitting Fault

DrFaroohk
09-08-2007, 06:23 PM
Do you ever screw up in some way at work, but there's a very good explanation for it and you probably wouldn't get in any trouble for it if you just offered up the explanation, but you opt to just flat out admit you screwed up so as to score a few extra points with the boss for being responsible about it, admitting and owning up to it, being all "stand up" about it and stuff?

Jadedcarguy
09-08-2007, 07:21 PM
Do you ever screw up in some way at work, but there's a very good explanation for it and you probably wouldn't get in any trouble for it if you just offered up the explanation, but you opt to just flat out admit you screwed up so as to score a few extra points with the boss for being responsible about it, admitting and owning up to it, being all "stand up" about it and stuff?

In the past I've found that admitting the mistake and THEN giving your explanation if you have one works. Giving your explanation first will look like a cop out.

powerboy
09-09-2007, 04:25 AM
In the past I've found that admitting the mistake and THEN giving your explanation if you have one works. Giving your explanation first will look like a cop out.

I found that was the best way for it also

Becks
09-09-2007, 02:39 PM

Yes. I agree. :)

Seshat
09-09-2007, 09:35 PM

Agreed. I'd even go so far as 'admit the mistake, suggest a way of correcting it and offer to do it, then give the explanation'.

TNT
09-09-2007, 10:05 PM
My conversations tend to go:

Me: I just fouled up.
Boss: How bad?
Me: Pretty bad.
Boss: How'd you manage to do it?
Me: I'm a f**k-up.
Boss: Ha ha. Get it fixed and don't do it again, ok?