Kiwi
08-10-2006, 07:15 AM
Dont hate me...

137 days until Christmas!!! :eek:

*scurries into a hidden corner so she cant be beaten*

I had to do it!:p

Fera Festiva
08-10-2006, 10:20 AM
With so little time left, it's no wonder Harrods in London opened its Christmas display two days ago. (Article here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/5256018.stm).)

I mean, I'm all for being organised and all that, but who starts their Christmas shopping in August? :confused:

Lulu
08-10-2006, 11:27 AM
actually, I have to start mine somewhere around Sept/Oct purely because I don't get ANY time off in Nov/Dec because the shop's so painfully understaffed :rolleyes: Sadly, working in retail's totally killed Christmas for me to be honest, the thrill is gone when you have to plan it that far in advance :lol:

LionMan
08-10-2006, 04:58 PM
With so little time left, it's no wonder Harrods in London opened its Christmas display two days ago. (Article here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/5256018.stm).)

I mean, I'm all for being organised and all that, but who starts their Christmas shopping in August? :confused:

Ummm, I finished mine two weeks ago. *ducks*

Ringman
08-10-2006, 09:00 PM
Dont hate me...

137 days until Christmas!!
*scurries into a hidden corner so she cant be beaten*

I had to do it!:p

:runaway: :salmon: noooooooooo!!!!

BlakeMP
08-10-2006, 10:27 PM
Now I know some people who DO start their Christmas shopping this early... my question is, HOW? How can you be sure that the person you're buying for isn't going to otherwise aquire the item in question in the five remaining months until Christmas? Hell, my girlfriend placed a ban on me buying ANY DVDs for a month before my birthday just to be sure she didn't duplicate something...

Irving Patrick Freleigh
08-10-2006, 11:43 PM
Well, at my store we've started to get halloween stuff in. I figure it will keep coming in for about a month, maybe a little less than a month.

Then, Santa will explode in September, and we'll start setting up the Christmas department around the end of September.

I am not looking forward to it at all, although the word is that corporate plans to cut back on some of the Christmas stuff, most notably ornaments, which will be nice.

purplecat41877
08-11-2006, 01:27 AM
I need to go Christmas shopping sometime soon. That's because I make my gifts.:D

Rapscallion
08-11-2006, 07:03 AM
Then, Santa will explode in September,

One can only hope. If possible, could it be arranged to happen at the North Pole so it's in a secluded spot away from impressionable teenagers and where the elves have to clean up?

Rapscallion

Sphinx
08-11-2006, 02:45 PM
One can only hope. If possible, could it be arranged to happen at the North Pole so it's in a secluded spot away from impressionable teenagers and where the elves have to clean up?

Rapscallion

:roll: :roll: Thanks Raps, I needed a good laugh this week :roll: