PDA

View Full Version : I'm in love...

blas
02-22-2008, 07:38 PM
This is so wrong.....so, so, so wrong...

There's a new supervisor for another department on my shift. Younger guy, probably only a few years older than me, tall, dark short curly hair, bright blue eyes, nice body, nice style....

Oh gosh, he is TOO beautiful.....I think I drooled a bit when I first saw him.

At least he isn't my boss...lol.

Anyone else ever felt this?

crazylegs
02-22-2008, 07:44 PM
With a coworker, but never a super... :D

wagegoth
02-22-2008, 07:47 PM
This is why I'm glad I'm out of my 20s, so I'm past the overwhelming drool phase (although it's not completely gone).

He's totally my type. When I go to Celtic gatherings, there's always the Scottish contingent with the dark-haired, blue-eyed, fair-skinned, tall guy, and I have to walk away slowly because my knees are melting away.

I'm glad he's at your jobsite and not at mine.

At a previous firm, there was one man, all you had to do was say his name, and every female would suddenly get this dreamy look, then sigh, maybe cross her legs, or glare at her wedding ring.

crazylegs
02-22-2008, 07:49 PM
the dark-haired, blue-eyed, fair-skinned, tall guy, and I....<snip>

Hi! :wave: (sorry couldn't resist)

TruthHurts
02-22-2008, 08:09 PM
There was this hot, brutally hot Bulgarian guy who worked at the same resort that I did. This guy was muscular, dark hair, sexy accent the whole package. And to top it off was really nice and laid back. Almost all of the female employees of that resort had crushes on him.

Bright_Star
02-22-2008, 08:14 PM
Hormones are raging I see...lol.

blas
02-22-2008, 08:15 PM
Oh I won't act on this one!

TruthHurts
02-22-2008, 08:30 PM
I don't know how I'm going to respond to that so I'm taking my toys and going home :p

RecoveringKinkoid
02-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Heck, yeah.

I truly appreciate the male form. I love to look at a beautiful man. Heck, I love to look at an average man, if he's interesting.

We were playing music one night and the pub had hired this new waiter who fit the description of your guy (which is what reminded me of him). He was just heartstopping.

As the night wore on, I eventually leaned over to one of my girlfriends who is about my age and whispered very softly, kind of chuckling, "If I were about 20..."

And she just blurted out "I know! Geeesh!" :lol:

I mean, I dont' normally dig younger men, but sometimes you just cant' help it when they look like THAT. :eek:

blas
02-22-2008, 09:04 PM
The problem here is that my coworker pointed him out. She and I are totally gaga over him. I mean, we look like two little girls at a candy store.

Well that's not the problem....the problem is that other people know we think he's a hot tamale!

Imogene
02-22-2008, 09:44 PM
I'm taking my toys and going home :p

*quirks a brow* Your toys? And what're you planning to do once you're home?

Saydrah
02-22-2008, 09:49 PM
I had the same thing happen once. Thankfully, he turned out to be a total jerk and lost all attractiveness in my eyes. Then he got arrested for assisting in an armed robbery of the pet store where we worked!

Glad I didn't make a move.

Boozy
02-22-2008, 10:54 PM
I currently work with a kid about 10 years younger than me, completely adorable, and I think maybe a little in love with me. Its cute. He's way too young to find sexy, but he does have this little puppy dog way about him that makes me want to put him in my pocket and take him home.

I do have some experience with falling in love at work; my husband and I met 15 years ago while working the same job.

John Nemo
02-23-2008, 12:23 AM
twice.

one was my best friends ex-girlfriend. never told her. havent told him. i
m ashamed of it actually; felt like i was betraying my friend to feel that way. still do. she's still working there while her school is out.

the other one works thursdays with me. its her smile. that and the fact that we share almost the same interests. otherwise, i know nothing about her. its probley just a crush anyways.

sarahj
02-23-2008, 02:10 AM
There's a new supervisor for another department on my shift. Younger guy, probably only a few years older than me, tall, dark short curly hair, bright blue eyes, nice body, nice style....

You just described this guy at my work. He's fantastic and if I didn't have my wonderful bf, I'd go for it. ;)

Broomjockey
02-23-2008, 02:19 AM
the dark-haired, blue-eyed, fair-skinned, tall guy.

Well, 2 outta 4 ain't bad.

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride. Only the guy version. :lol:

Fawn
02-23-2008, 02:21 AM
Oh My! You've all got me thinkin' some very inappropriate thoughts *drools*

Custard Chick
02-23-2008, 02:33 AM
Oh yes... I'm an intern currently at a PR firm in a small department (ten people including two interns) and a new man transferred to our department and he is just....Delicious! And strangely enough, so not my normal type!

But alas, he is in a relationship (living with his girlfriend) and I just celebrated my 4 year anniversary w/ my live-in boyfriend.

There's nothing wrong with gazing occasionally though....

RecoveringKinkoid
02-23-2008, 03:39 AM
Nothing wrong with being a little fluttery about an attractive and sweet man you work with, so long as it doesn't get innappropriate.

And for you, an unmarried young woman, what's appropriate for you is quite different than what is appropriate for me. ;)

I've been sweet on many men, even while I've been married. I have never even been tempted to act on any of that, my husband truly is the only man for me. But that doesn't mean I can't appreciate beauty or charisma. Being married and middle aged doesn't mean a woman is not a woman. :lol:

BookstoreEscapee
02-23-2008, 04:12 AM
*quirks a brow* Your toys? And what're you planning to do once you're home?

Ah, well, I'm not the only one down in the gutter, I see... :angel:

I used to work with Hercules. He actually had the costume, wore it for Halloween every year (yeah, we all dressed up), and wore it very well, I must say....oh, man... He had issues, though. Probably a good thing nothing ever happened.

My most serious relationship to date was actually one of my department managers at Store1. When the bosses found out I got transferred to another store (which in the long run was a good thing for several reasons). I'll admit that he's not exactly the kind of guy who has every girl drooling over him, but he's a cutie and there is much truth to what they say about personality. And the more I got to know him the cuter he got. He's got issues, too, unfortunately...hence the fact that he is ex-.

TequilaSunrise
02-23-2008, 05:25 AM
Ah yes...there is a guy at work I've totally flipped over. Lovely.

He makes my insides go bloop every damn time I see him.

Swoon.

Gravekeeper
02-23-2008, 06:54 AM
Meh, I'm completely immune to physical beauty for some reason or another. A fact which drove one of my coworkers insane for months as she strived to figure out what kind of women I liked. ( Not for herself personally or anything, it just urked her whenever she'd mention some celebrity or model and only get a "meh" response from me. )

So she made it her mission to figure it out. =p She never did.

That being said I can objectively say whether someone is attractive, men included. ( That also drove her bonkers. ) Without threatening my precious masculinity. <cough>

I'm much MUCH more drawn or repelled by the vibe/aura someone gives off then what they look like. I've noticed this can annoy some women. A lot. >.>

ArenaBoy
02-23-2008, 07:00 AM
There was a girl I worked with that had long and I mean long brown hair, innocent looking, and about up to my shoulders in height. Also didn't help the fact that she was also a runner too. ;)

Eric the Grey
02-23-2008, 12:07 PM
There's nothing wrong with gazing occasionally though....

Hehe. I thought I was seriously busted doing that once.

One of the upper level managers from the processing department at a place I worked at 18 or so years ago was a serious looker, probably the best looking woman in the building.

Anyway, I had a very hard time *not* watching her walk away and one day, when I looked back, she was looking back at me. :eek:

She actually smiled a bit before turning the corner, but I thought for certain I was looking for a new job.

Oh, and I should add, she was married, so I doubt she was looking for any reason other than to catch me in the act.

:cool: Eric the Grey

draftermatt
02-23-2008, 12:27 PM
And you women complain about how pervy men are, sheesh [/sarcasm].

Honestly no, there has never been a women I've worked with that I've swooned over. Been some cute girls (not many though) and once had a mutual flirting thing with a woman before my wife and I started dating (but I was 15 she 29 so that wasn't going anywhere other than flirting).

Apparently I've been that guy though. After I left BK I saw a girl I worked with at a carnival and she runs up to me, jumps into my arms, and presses things all over me.

I wasn't impressed, and I still feel dirty thinking about it.

Gravekeeper
02-23-2008, 01:22 PM
Apparently I've been that guy though. After I left BK I saw a girl I worked with at a carnival and she runs up to me, jumps into my arms, and presses things all over me.

I wasn't impressed, and I still feel dirty thinking about it.

Yes, I'm not much for the surprise application of uninvited Fun Buns(tm) either.

Peppergirl
02-23-2008, 02:16 PM
There were a couple really cute machinists when I worked at the tool and die company.

I worked in the office and used to smoke back then. Since you could smoke in the shop undetected, I used to sneak smokes several times a day so that I could have an excuse to stare and flirt. :)

Becks
02-23-2008, 03:29 PM
At a previous firm, there was one man, all you had to do was say his name, and every female would suddenly get this dreamy look, then sigh, maybe cross her legs, or glare at her wedding ring.

:lol: LOVE the image this invokes!!

Anyhoo...I think I know a guy like that.

There was this hot, brutally hot Bulgarian guy who worked at the same resort that I did. This guy was muscular, dark hair, sexy accent the whole package. And to top it off was really nice and laid back.

:hisses:

Bulgarians are MINE.

Slytovhand
02-23-2008, 04:55 PM
ummm... large organisation - lots of people (and lots of ppl getting together too, so I hear). But I've never gone too ga-ga over anyone (although, it's very rare for me to do that in life in general anyway... I have 1 specific look that will do it, and I've only seen her once).

Anyways... I had someone whom I was 'interested' in a few years back (partly cos of looks, personality and because she had an interest in natural therapies that I did as well). Now, I could talk to her, but she always seemed a bit reserved or distant, so I didn't think anything would come of it. She left us, but occasionally rang in, and would ask to speak with me (as part of the general chat - after a few staff turn-overs too). (we only had about a half-hour swap over).

Then, after 1 call, we met up, and she dropped in on my place (she dropped me off once after a post-work thing) and she told me that she always got butterflies or something whenever I came in to work. Guess who was dumb??? (what I didn't understand, was she didn't seem even remotely insane in any other ways..:P)

Eddie The 'Ead
02-23-2008, 06:19 PM
Felt that way about a coworker. Never about a super though.

Sylvia727
02-24-2008, 06:59 AM
I had a coworker come in from our sister store one night when we were understaffed. He was cute, I guess. He certainly had a nice ass. Skinny, dark brown hair, blue eyes, tallish side of average. He was dressed neatly, but wearing jewelry, which intrigued me. As luck would have it, I was the one assigned to get him up to speed on our layout. Quiet, polite, respectful, quick learner, and a beautiful smile... *sigh*. He also did his job better than 3/4ths of our regulars, which rather impressed me.

Than, at the end of the night, he approached me and said, "Ma'am? Blah blah blah?" I nearly cried. So much for that idea.

And gosh dammit, he was only six months younger than me! Six months! :cry:

Slytovhand
02-24-2008, 02:37 PM
Than, at the end of the night, he approached me and said, "Ma'am? Blah blah blah?" I nearly cried. So much for that idea.

Ummm - ok - I'm confused...???? :confused:

Becks
02-24-2008, 03:41 PM
Slyt, I think it's because the man thought that Sylvia was much older than he was.

RetailWorkhorse
02-24-2008, 03:46 PM
Or forgot Sylvia's name.

Broomjockey
02-24-2008, 04:09 PM
Ummm - ok - I'm confused...???? :confused:

Took me a couple too, it's the "ma'am", apparently we've got another person equating ma'am with old, rather than respect. :p

Sylvia727
02-24-2008, 04:56 PM
Slyt, I think it's because the man thought that Sylvia was much older than he was.

Exactly. I was too mature for my own good. :p

XCashier
02-24-2008, 07:58 PM
I've been sweet on many men, even while I've been married. I have never even been tempted to act on any of that, my husband truly is the only man for me. But that doesn't mean I can't appreciate beauty or charisma. Being married and middle aged doesn't mean a woman is not a woman. :lol:
:yes: Look, but don't act inappropriately.

Had a mild crush on a guy at one of my temp jobs. He bore a strong resemblance to John Cusack.

Jadedcarguy
02-25-2008, 04:17 AM
I used to work with a girl that had me completely smitten.:o

She was a few years younger than me, and so stunning that she stopped conversations when she came in the room. The best part about her was her attitude. She was so nice to everyone around her that a lot of guys got the wrong impression and assume she was "in" to them. Usually, that was not the case.

Been there, done that, blas. :)

myswtghst
02-25-2008, 04:49 AM
She was so nice to everyone around her that a lot of guys got the wrong impression and assume she was "in" to them. Usually, that was not the case.

I've been told I have this effect on men. Don't mean to, but I'm just overly friendly and too talkative for my own good. :o

My former eye candy is now actually a pretty good friend, and still coworker. About 6'5" well built, very attractive black guy. Once I started hanging out with him, realized I liked him more in a big brother sort of way. Still hang out with him when I get off work.

Slytovhand
02-25-2008, 01:24 PM

Ah.. thanks - I sort of thought so, but didn't quite get the bit about <cry> - that's all.

Age is only a number people attribute to how long a piece of meat has been wandering around on this planet.

Slyt

RecoveringKinkoid
02-25-2008, 01:46 PM
I had little "married lady crushes" on a couple of my customers when I was at Kinko's :o

1. Guy that ran a strip club. In his thirties. White guy. Tall, slim, short dark curly hair. Snapping dark eyes. Swagger. A real rake, that guy. Always polite and respectful, but had this subtle, sexy charisma that could make your face feel hot even when he wasnt' doing or saying anything flirty. Wore cowboy boots. I love a man wears cowboy boots. I married a man wears cowboy boots. :lol:

2. Guy that ran an incense shop. Needless to say, the guy smelled amazing. He walked in and I just wanted to breath him. Seemed very intelligent. A little taller than me, wiry. Milk chocolate skin. Shoulder length dreds. Really pretty, expressive face. Scruffy stubble. Sexy voice. Nice.

I had two particularly beautiful male coworkers on the crew at Public Television. One of them was a very young, single black guy who every woman on the crew had a little crush on. He was not only drop dead georgeous, but he was SO intelligent and SO sweet. He probably could have been as homely as a mud fence and we'd have still all been in love with him. The other was a married white guy who was a little younger than me who was so damn good looking that all the women in the building across the street would watch him out the windows when he crossed the street. (there were two buildings, one production and one admin.) This guy and I hung out together a lot until he got a job somewhere else. He I liked him for two reasons...he reminded me very much of my husband as far as personality went. And he was one of the best conversationalists I've had the pleasure to know. He and his wife and me and my husband ended up hanging out together a bit.

blas
02-26-2008, 02:27 AM
I'm in love again!

I was looking at the postings and ads on the bulletin board....

Someone is selling golden retriever puppies. They were born on New Years.

AWWWWWWWWW!!!! Will someone loan me $300?

PaRaGaS
02-26-2008, 01:18 PM
I'll admit that I'm somewhat attracted to a certain female coworker.
Don't know her exact age, but she's probably near 30, always cheerful, smiling and all that. Quite pretty too, and fun to talk to.

Too bad I'm 18 and very shy, and she's taken :lol:

...And my best female friend here is 14 years older than me. She's the one I hang out with, go to concerts, go drinkin' with. Frankly, it's starting to worry me that I get along best with women substantially older than me. :o

Peppergirl
02-26-2008, 01:29 PM
I've been told I have this effect on men. Don't mean to, but I'm just overly friendly and too talkative for my own good. :o

I know what you mean. I tend to be friendly to the point of being accused of flirting, and it often tends to send the wrong message.

Hell, I'm pushing 40 for god's sake. I thought by now the boys would know I don't mean anything by it when I chat them up and giggle. :lol:

Someone is selling golden retriever puppies. They were born on New Years.

AWWWWWWWWW!!!! Will someone loan me $300?

"I'll take GOLDEN RETRIEVERS for 300, Alex!" :lol:

Seriously, I know what you mean. I want a dog so bad, but I'm afraid my cats would rebel. :(

princess4life
02-26-2008, 06:15 PM
I have a supervisor at my security job, dark hair, blue eyes, former body builder, amazing personality, and he likes the same kind things I do.

For the past 3 years I have had to work with him on a one on one basis. Sitting in an office alone with him right next to me drives me insane, good thing I know self control.

To bad he is getting married and the end of this month and I am already married.

gunsage
02-26-2008, 11:05 PM
Both. :D Then again, I'm a horny bastard, so there you go. :p

iradney
02-27-2008, 06:42 AM
There's a guy that works in the same building as me, but at a different company. Tall, bald (shaved head), smiling blue eyes, really nice butt and sexy voice....*drool*

I still maintain TTO is the sexiest thing to grace the face of this misbegotten planet...*drowns in drool*

GingerBiscuit
02-27-2008, 07:55 AM
I had a crush on one of my regular customers. I see him at the clubs and get on fairly well with him now...

But anyway, exactly my type. Tall, slim but muscular, dark haired, older, goth.

Funny, apart from the 'tall' 'muscular' and 'goth' bits the love of my life looks nothing like my type...

Dark-Star
02-27-2008, 02:15 PM
Had a buncha cute girls @ my old job. But almost everyone came and went so fast there wasn't much time to get lovey-dovey. Was on first-name basis with a couple.

But I still remember an old schoolmate named Laura...O.M.G.

HUGE brown doe eyes, brown hair, big ol smile and friendly as heck! She made friends with me during freshman year - came up and helped me with my schedule! (bless you, my child! lol!)I had the worst crush on her, but she was *always* taken and I am just too bloody shy for my own good.

She was a top-out on cute, there was another named Mandy who topped out on hot. Unfortunately she knew it too well for her own good - had an attitude, had her own clic, and quite likely bedded a good number of males during her HS career.

RecoveringKinkoid
02-27-2008, 02:19 PM
I know what you mean. I tend to be friendly to the point of being accused of flirting, and it often tends to send the wrong message.

Hell, I'm pushing 40 for god's sake. I thought by now the boys would know I don't mean anything by it when I chat them up and giggle. :lol:

I am right there with you. One thing about being married is that you are usually afforded a bit more leeway with your actions. You can let your guard down a bit because most men are less likely to take your naturally friendly demeanor as active interest.

I'm not particularly flirty, but I am friendly and interested in people, and yes, that can be taken wrong sometimes. However, before I got married, if I was flirting, the man would KNOW it. Unless he was dense as a wrecking ball, he'd know it, because I would actively pursue a man I was genuinely interested in. Just ask my husband. :lol:

blas
02-28-2008, 02:18 AM
My coworker and I are starting to act like a bunch of dumb little girls, I swear....

The other night, the room runners stupidly scheduled me right where I could see hottie supervisor all night long. Ooooooooooo!

Somehow I managed to still get a lot done. However, the room runners weren't happy when my coworker took almost an hour to audit me. We spent the whole time staring at Hottie McHotterson.....

Ohhh and he's actually only 22! Ooo!

Jadedcarguy
02-28-2008, 02:24 AM
Unless he was dense as a wrecking ball, he'd know it, because I would actively pursue a man I was genuinely interested in.

You're a rare one. :)

Reminds me of a girl I worked with when I was about 20. She was a Class A BITCH to me the entire time I worked there. After I quit, one of her friends asked me why I never asked her out!!:eek::confused:

Turns out she was completely smitten with me and had no idea how to let me know! Sadly for her, the attitude killed any interest I had. I told her friend that if she likes someone, being a bitch is a bad way of going about it. :lol:

blas
02-28-2008, 02:29 AM
That'd odd, Jaded. Same thing happened to me. If anyone remembers the story of John Juan......oh my gosh...that guy was a prick. He called me stupid on a daily basis and always insinuated I was retarded and incompetent...

One night a coworker overheard him saying that I was the hottest girl he's ever seen and he wanted to know if I was single...

WTF? I've heard of guys teasing girls they like....but being that mean?!

Jadedcarguy
02-28-2008, 02:35 AM
I guess we all deal with feelings in different ways........:)

Igorina
02-28-2008, 04:39 PM
Huh....is it Spring Friskies* time already?

Might explain some of the squirrelly behavior in the dojang.

*Spring Friskies: Refers to behaviours in men and women caused by the upsurge of hormones and libido leading into spring. Typically occurs in late Feb through early March. Most noticable in single people.

marty
02-29-2008, 02:05 AM
I actually dated one of my managers about two years ago (we were discreet, the store manager knew and didn't tell as long as I didn't tell on him and my friend, who were also dating (they're still dating now)). I was bored, he was very good looking, but it is hard to hide from people who can read others well. A customer called us out once, and that was awkward.

I admit, I'm one of those people that show affection by being an asshole, but most of the time it's obvious that I'm not serious.