PDA

View Full Version : Dear....

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18

fireheart
08-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Dear Oscar,

Yes I know you love me. Yes I know you're a sook. But my lap is not an appropriate resting place.

Love,
Me.

Dear foot,

can I chop you off? (I rolled on it when I tripped on a kerb) Otherwise I'll have to wrap you and I don't particularly want to do that.

Love,
me.

the_std
08-11-2009, 11:07 PM
Dear Tim Burton and Roald Dahl,

Thank you for many things, but one thing in particular... James And The Giant Peach was such an influence on my childhood that it's no wonder I'm the well-rounded weirdo I've turned out to be.

I've recently rediscovered it and am so very, very grateful to have done so! Please continue to grace the world with your awesomeness for as long as possible. Heck, I can even forgive you, Tim, for Corpse Bride. And Roald, R.I.P.

Giddily,
Me

BookstoreEscapee
08-11-2009, 11:24 PM
Dear the_std,

I have that book around here somewhere...now I'm gonna have to go find it. :D

-be

monolayth
08-12-2009, 12:34 AM
Dear everyone.

Having light contractions, starting to get regular! woo!

every 10 minutes having a very noticable one you can even see lasting a minute with two 20 second one in between.

Still not painful but weird.

Hopeful!,
Mono.

Dear baby,

Please dont be teasing me.

Mom

BookstoreEscapee
08-12-2009, 12:53 AM
Dear Mono,

Good luck!!!!

-be

Dear Baby,

Come on out! We won't bite!

-be :baby:

Irving Patrick Freleigh
08-12-2009, 02:51 AM
Dear Braden Looper:

From this point forward you shall be known to me as Meatball. So it is written, so it shall be done.

Dear Ken Macha:

WTF is up with all the IBB's? Why is it they always come around to score runs? Are you really Ned Yost in disguise? Come on, be honest.

Dear Jason Kendall:

You can't throw, you can't hit, and you game-calling skills aren't all they're cracked up to be. In other words, you fucking suck.

Dear Bill Hall:

Way to hit that meaningless home run! Next time let's shoot for getting that batting average above .200.

Dear Trevor Hoffman:

I think I just saw your photo on my milk carton.

Regards to all,
Irv

CaroPhoenix
08-12-2009, 11:34 AM
Dear Child Rum,

It's been 3 days and you haven't pulled your bed apart! YAY!

Please keep this up,
Mommy
---------------------------------
Dear Head,

I only had one Smirnoff Ice last night.

Why are you all achey?

:cry:
Rummy

KiaKat
08-12-2009, 02:25 PM
Dear Irv,

When he was here, he was known as BLooper.

Cursing baseball in sympathy,

--Kia

monolayth
08-12-2009, 07:09 PM
Dear everyone,

Went to hospital last night. am in early labor. Baby is perfect but still in. They sent me home as i had not dialted past a 2. lost musuc plug last 20 minutres ago. almost threw up at that.

will keep ya updated.
mono

Shpepper
08-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Dear Child Rum,

It's been 3 days and you haven't pulled your bed apart! YAY!

Please keep this up,
Mommy
Dear Head,

I only had one Smirnoff Ice last night.

Why are you all achey?

Rummy

Dear Child Rum,

YAY for you. That's super.

Thanks for helping Mommy,

Love

Pepper

Shpepper
08-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Dear everyone,

Went to hospital last night. am in early labor. Baby is perfect but still in. They sent me home as i had not dialted past a 2. lost musuc plug last 20 minutres ago. almost threw up at that.

will keep ya updated.
mono

Dear Baby,

Hurry and get here. Your mommy wants to hold you in her arms and we want pictures.

Love,

Pepper

the_std
08-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Dear province of my birth,

We are in the middle of a country, nearly 2000km on either side away from any ocean, sea or significant water source. We are prairie land. Why has 50%-60% relative humidity become the norm for this summer? I feel like I'm breathing water! If I leave my windows open at night, I wake up to bedsheets that I could practically ring out!

Please, please, PLEASE go back to our usual 10%-15%, or else I might have to develop gills.

From your favouritest dry-heat girl,
Me

CaroPhoenix
08-12-2009, 10:48 PM
Dear Cramps,

I did not appreciate your sudden onset this morning and through most of this afternoon.

Thank you for leaving after I took a nap.

Tiredly,
Rummy
--------------------------------
Not-So-Dear Tummy,

Why did you have to twist into knots as I was driving to the restaurant this afternoon?

At least the restroom was deserted.

Whew,
Rummy
------------------------------------
Dear Child Rum,

You have frustrated me beyond everything.

You. are. not. supposed. to. take. off. your. seat. belt. in. a. moving. car!!!! You. also. cannot. climb. into. the. front. seat. as. said. car. is. moving. :mad:

I cried myself to sleep during naptime for us. I could have lost you if someone decided to ram into me.

I'm going to have to find the seat belt safety cover.

Your Mommy

fireheart
08-12-2009, 11:10 PM
Dear Rummy,

There are gadgets you can buy to cover the buckle and stop Child Rum from pressing down on it. Do a google search on the following names: sit tight or hurphy durphy. (The latter is Australian based.) They unbuckle easily in the event of a life or death situation.

Love,
Me.

Dear body,

Why did you have to get sick four days before my birthday?! I now have a cold :cry:

Love,
me.

Dear foot,

Please get better,
love, me.

hinakiba777
08-13-2009, 04:33 AM
Dear Student Housing Office;

Thank you for putting up with my constant calls about the waiting list. I know I must be annoying, but homelessness in an unknown province is not appealing.

Also, while it is good to know, telling me that rooms may open up more in the first few weeks of school does not make me feel better. Where would I live before that?

~ Hina
----------------------------
Dear Dude who will be living in my friends third bedroom,

I don't know who you are, but I dislike you. That was to be MY room. I do not care if you were asked first by Friend's Roommate. That was my only back up plan.

~Hina
-------------------------------------
Dear City I am moving to=
PLEASE GET MORE ONE BEDROOM APARTMENTS!

While I appreciate all the houses you have to rent for students, I don't have anyone to live with, and i can't afford to rent a whole house alone.

~Hina
--------------------------------------
Dear Car,
I think you've taken the final blow. We will be buying the Chevy, and leaving you at the garage. You've done so much for me in the past 2 years, but we just can't keep fixing you.

Farewell (I think);
Hina
Dear Negative People;

It is NOT too late for my to find somewhere to live in September. I DO still have a decent chance to get into residence anyway.

And please stop suggesting I take the year off from the school I just transferred to for this fall. You are not being realistic, you are being a jerk.

More stressed than ever thanks to you;
Hina

Bella_Vixen
08-13-2009, 05:17 AM
Not at all dear Doug Melvin--

Fuck you. You didn't need to have to fire Billy Castro. It's not his fault our pitchers suck ass. At the least, you should have made him bullpen coach again.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-angry030.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

CaroPhoenix
08-13-2009, 05:23 AM
Mr. Rum -

1. Getting the application to ARC (Association for Retarded Citizens) and getting a baby sitter that understands special needs children is not the end all and be all of our problems with Child Rum. Maybe if you'd step up and actually take a firm hand when you see I'm stressed out would be enough?

2. If you think I need something (i.e., like the seat belt safety cover - thank you anyway Fireheart! :)), please get it for me because you know when I'm stressed I forget things.

3. Of course Child Rum listens better to me than to you. She thinks you're all play, even when you try not to. She doesn't take you seriously as you only pay attention to her on the weekends and not at all on the weekends.

Tiredly,
Mrs. Rum
-------------------------------
Child Rum -

The seat belt cover has been found.

You have been warned.

Love,
Your Mommy
----------------------------------------
Self -

Please stop with the nightmares!

It's getting to the point where I'm afraid of going back to sleep again.

Rummy

hinakiba777
08-13-2009, 06:34 AM
Dear Rummy-

If I had magic dream powers I would you offer you the sweetest of them. But since i cannot control your dreams, I will just hope your nightmares end soon.

Wishing you only the sweetest dreams;
Hina

monolayth
08-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Dear everyone,

As of this morning still no spawning. I have determinded I have a stubborn and annoying child.

Had bad and close enough contractions on tuesday to go tot he hospital. but because of not dialting they sent me home. Wed, I had slowed down on the intensity and frequecy of contractions, but had some bad cramping. Today I have a dr appt this afternoon, and the contractions are picking up again.

Still pregnant,
Mono

CaroPhoenix
08-13-2009, 07:46 PM
Dear Hina,

Thank you for the thoughts on nicer dreams. :)

Here's to them being so. :cheers:

Rummy
----------------------------------------------
Dear Mono,

Hopefully the baby will be less stubborn today at the appointment. :D

Rummy
-----------------------------------------------
Dear Buckle Boss (http://www.buckleboss.com/),

You rawk!

Thank you so much!
Rummy

monolayth
08-13-2009, 09:29 PM
dear rum,

Contractions started comming 5 mins apart as soon as i walked into the doc office.

He says he will be surprised if I make it to my monday appt. woo

Soon,
Mono

BookstoreEscapee
08-13-2009, 10:10 PM
Dear Mono,

Good luck!!!!! :baby:

-be

Dear baby,

Stop being stubborn or your mommy will ground you for the next 18 years!

:p

hinakiba777
08-14-2009, 04:41 AM
Dear Mono's Baby;

Please be nice and come out of your mommy. And when you really start giving her hard labour, be quick.

Your mommy loves you, and you are being hurty.

~Hina
===============================
Dear Mono,
I hope your child comes soon. I also hope they are less stubborn in the future.

~Hina

monolayth
08-14-2009, 09:33 PM
Dear D.

You made me laugh. You asked who I was when I called. Lets review shall we. 3 people in the world call him "Grandaddy" the other 2 are male. All other grandkids call him grandpa. Then again they also call you grandma and like you.

Us 3 who call him Grandaddy will always do so and always call you your name. You are not out grandmother. You are the harpy who married Grandaddy.

You see we were the ones who were alive and remember Grandmamma. the other ones are a good 10 years younger than us. And all live in your area code.

What do I expect? your not the smartest bulb in the box.

Laughing,
Grandmamma's favorite.

SengaKitty
08-16-2009, 07:27 PM
[Not so] Dear Plague Monkies,
Please leave me alone. I don't want to go to the doctor more than once this week. I've already got an appointment for Thursday, unfortunately that doctor doesn't deal in noses and throats. Please react to the aleve and die.

Miserably yours,
Rhpg

Dear Wednesday,
Couldn't you please get here faster? I really want my honey home, so please please make yourself quick in getting here
Begging
Rhpg

CaroPhoenix
08-16-2009, 11:07 PM
Dear weather,

Why are you making my eyes water and my nose runny?

Hatefully yours,
Rummy

SengaKitty
08-18-2009, 05:24 AM
Dear Customer Service Gods,
I don't know what we did to anger You today, but please please have mercy tomorrow. Today almost killed half the second shifters at the call center what with between 12-14 hundred calls in queue at a time for SIX hours straight. Please give us time to breath tomorrow, today really was too much. At least most of my customers were understanding, and actually decided to be fairly nice, probably because they felt sorry for me. For that, O Great Gods of Customer Service Reps everywhere, I am grateful.
Yours reverantly
Rhpg

Not so dear Plague Monkies
GO AWAY. Leave me ALONE. And leave my friends alone too. We don't like you so Shoooooooooooooo.
Grumpily yours
Rhpg

CaroPhoenix
08-18-2009, 09:45 AM
Dear Left Foot,

Yes, I know I fell over Mr. Rum's size 14 EEEE shoes. I banged the heck out of my left elbow, left knee and you, my left foot.

You're the one that hurts the most and now my ankles hurts too! :cry:

Stop it!
Rummy

RootedPhoenix
08-18-2009, 11:07 AM
Dear self,

Stop hitting your head on stuff!

Ow. :(

Dear internet,

Thank you for having funny things.

--RP

iradney
08-18-2009, 11:15 AM
Dear TTO

Thanks for asking my parents for their blessing to propose to me :) Also, thanks for giving me the ring my mom gave you to give to me as a promise ring - it belonged to my Gramma!

Love you lots!
Rads

Dear parents

Thanks for a truly awesome time in Canada. We had an absolute blast!
Thanks for saying yes to TTO :)

Love you lots!
your daughter

CaroPhoenix
08-18-2009, 11:27 AM
Dear Rads,

YAY for you!

YAY for TTO!

YAY for your parents!

I'd jump for joy, but my left foot hurts really bad.

:hug:
Rummy

iradney
08-18-2009, 01:25 PM
Dear Rummy

THanks :) I will let ya'll know when he pops the big question with all the relevant details, promise!
You can mentally jump for joy, it totally counts!
Love
Rads

Dear Rummy's left foot

Stop being painful!

Love,
Rads

CaroPhoenix
08-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Rads,

I'll be waiting ... I want all the juicy details! LOL

As for my foot, as long as I don't walk on it (or my knee for that matter), it doesn't hurt. Darn Mr. Rum's shoes being in my way whilst I was going to get something for my mom last night. Ah well. At least my dad was there to help me up.

:D
Rummy

BookstoreEscapee
08-18-2009, 11:14 PM
Dear Rads,

:grats: in advance! :)

-me

Dear Self,

Keep going.

-Myself

Shpepper
08-19-2009, 05:06 AM
Dear Rads,

YIPPEE for you ! ! ! ! !

Love Pepper

Dear Rummy,

***Jumps up and down for Rummy so that she doesn't have to do it right now***

I'm good for more than just thinking ya know. *G*

Love,

Pepper

CaroPhoenix
08-19-2009, 10:19 AM
Dear Pepper,

What is this thinking you've mentioned?

:roll:

Love,
Rummy

monolayth
08-19-2009, 03:02 PM
Dear everyone,

Still pregnant. Still contracting every 3 minutes. Still annioyed. My due dateis saturday. Kill me please?

Tired,
Mono.

AnaKhouri
08-19-2009, 03:27 PM
Dear Khan,

You are a sweet, adorable baby, but it really isn't funny when you spit up all over yourself right after Mommy gives you a bath.

OK, maybe it's a little funny.

Love, Mommy

PS Hang in there Monolayth!

Shpepper
08-20-2009, 12:04 AM
Dear Pepper,

What is this thinking you've mentioned?

Love,
Rummy

Dear Rummy,

I forget ! ! ! !

Love,

Pepper

fireheart
08-20-2009, 12:09 AM
Dear mono,

Hang in there.

Love,
Me.

Dear mono's baby,

Please come out, the world isn't that scary. Your mummy will love you.

Love,
me.

dear viral chest infection,

Please go away already.

Love,
Me.

BookstoreEscapee
08-20-2009, 12:14 AM
Dear Summer,

You can go now. I'm done with you.

Good riddance,
-be

Becks
08-20-2009, 07:25 PM
Dear time,

You seem to be confused. Time's supposed to go fast at work, and slow at every other time.

I want time to catch up on the billion things I want/need to do outside of work.

*sigh*

--me

monolayth
08-20-2009, 08:09 PM
Dear everyone,

Well the contractions have stopped for now. Just got out of doc appt. Am due on saturday. If I make it to monday then they will schedule me to be induced. WO HOO! Will update.

Waiting,
MONO

persephone
08-22-2009, 01:57 AM
Dear Mono's baby:

It's almost Saturday! Time to come out now!

Persephone

Dear Rads,

YAY!!!!!!!! Sorry I'm a little late!! I can't wait for details!

Persephone

CaroPhoenix
08-22-2009, 04:27 AM
Dear Child Rum,

Thank you for sleeping in this morning.

Now it's past Mommy's bed time, and she can't get to sleep.

Rummy your Mummy
-------------------------------
Dear Mr. Rum,

Why am I up?

Love,
Mrs. Rum
----------------------------
Dear Self,

Go. To. Bed!!!

No love,
Rummy

monolayth
08-24-2009, 03:56 PM
Dear Everyone,

They will be inducing me on Sunday if I make it that far. My due date was last Saturday.

tired of this,
Mono

CaroPhoenix
08-24-2009, 07:26 PM
Dear Mono,

Hopefully Baby Mono will make an appearance soon.

Rummy
-----------------------------------
Dear Child Rum,

Mommy is not a seed nor is she a plant of any kind. Please do not be watering her.

Thank you,
Mommy

monolayth
08-24-2009, 09:11 PM
Dear rum,

I love your daughter.

amused,
Mono

CaroPhoenix
08-24-2009, 09:44 PM
Dear Mono,

Yes, my daughter can be amusing at times. :roll:

Watering the Mommy is not one of those times, especially when it's icy cold water being poured down the top of Mommy's head and running down Mommy's back. :p

Sheesh,
Rummy
Dear Food that is being cooked,

Y'all smell delicious. I'm ready for dinner now!

Rummy

BookstoreEscapee
08-24-2009, 11:47 PM
Dear Ex,

You are a deadbeat and I am done being "understanding" and "nice."

-me

iradney
08-25-2009, 05:43 AM
Dear BE's ex

Don't make me send TTO to your door with a baseball bat and a mesh coathanger....

Rads

Dear Rummy

*Giggle* That is so cute!

Love,
Rads

BookstoreEscapee
08-25-2009, 10:19 PM
Dear Rads,

Thanks for the offer. :)

-me

CaroPhoenix
08-25-2009, 10:49 PM
Dear Rads,

Thank you for finding my child's antics so funny.

Laugh while you can.

Rummy

BookstoreEscapee
08-27-2009, 03:42 AM
Dear Raps and/or whichever mod handled my report,

Thanks!

-be

monolayth
08-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Dear people in my life,

I know your all curious about if I had the baby or not but seriously. quit calling. No really. Everytime any of you call you make me promise to call you when I have him. Then you call again the next day. Keep this up and ill never call you or answer your calls again. Remember two years ago when I always had my ringer silent. I can and will do so again.

You people know I am never up before noon. Yet there you are calling and waking me up. I am tired of it. and all the texts asking how I am feeling needs to stop too. You don't really want to know because everytime I answer with too much detail you get grossed out.

Is it too much to ask you guys leave me alone for the rest of the week. I called and updated and asked to be left alone on monday. Yet you guys keep on bugging me.

Dont call me Ill call you.

Cranky mono.

Dear doc office,

It has been two weeks fax that stupid paperwork NOW! I call every other day. and you promise to fax it. Well @ todays appt I will not leave till I see it faxed.

Really cranky mono.

Bunny,
You can call me all you want.

Becks
08-27-2009, 06:32 PM
Dear SuperPokePets.com/Slide.com,

You kinda really suck with the pet shop.

Good thing I was able to snag what I wanted...finally...nearly 12 hours after they were available the first time.

You guys love to think that people can spend 24 hours a day on the damn site.

Good thing the man of the household usually is...when he's not playing Mafia Wars. :rolleyes:

--me

CaroPhoenix
08-27-2009, 10:06 PM
"Dear" Runaway Meatball,

Why'd you have to burn me while I was trying to save you? You got away! And all I got was a burned pinky finger.

Ouchie,
Rummy

crazylegs
08-27-2009, 10:20 PM
Dear Self,

Yet again in the 'friends box'.

Yours, annoyed

Self.

BookstoreEscapee
08-28-2009, 01:53 AM
Dear universe,

Please let this happen.

Me

SorryIsGoodEnough
08-28-2009, 03:54 AM
Dear Self,

How come when you're single, you want to be with someone, but as soon as someone shows interest, you panic and try to push them away? Why do you enter into relationships that will go NOWHERE, knowing that it'll end in heartbreak for you or the other person? CHANGE.

Love,
Me.

Dear You,
It's all stress. That's what I feel when I think about you. Stress. It's all obligation.

I'm sorry.

I do love you though.

-Me.

Irving Patrick Freleigh
08-29-2009, 03:18 AM
Dear Green Bay Packers:

Please stop playing so well in the pre-season games. You've got my hopes up so high I'm already looking forward to the victory celebration after the Super Bowl.

Irv

BookstoreEscapee
08-29-2009, 03:36 AM
Dear persephone,

Thanks for your help, and give your daughter a hug for me.

:)
-be

Der Cute
08-29-2009, 04:58 AM
2 dears...

Dear Stomach:

I'm really really really tired of saltines and water and apples. I really would enjoy eating other foods outside of Bland Land. Please. And just....stop the hurls.

Dear Bean:

Thank you for the insights to my friend in need. It helped a lot.

Cutenoob

persephone
08-29-2009, 11:12 AM
Dear BSE,

No problem! Though I don't really feel like I actually did much. :p

Daughter gives you a hug back and says to "Smile. She'll fix it!" (Very long story but, in essence, she means "God")

Hope things go okay and e-mail me any time,

Persephone

Dear baby mono,

I haven't seen anything from Mono in the last day or so. I hope that means you decided to come out and play with your Mommy.

If so, please be nice and sweet and healthy and cuddly. If not? Come out to play already!

Persephone

Jack T. Chance
08-30-2009, 07:45 PM
Dear You Know Who You Are;

Just when I had given up all hope of ever again finding someone that could love me, you came along and proved me wrong.

I know that at times, I'm difficult and frustrating. I know that sometimes, I say and do the wrong things. I know that I try your patience, and I'm sorry. I think you deserve someone better than me.

But I do love you, truly and deeply. And I know that I'm very lucky to have you.

Yours always,

Me

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Self;

You know what the behaviors are that annoy people, yet you keep doing them. Why?

You know you need to go to a shrink and get help to be better, so why do you insist on maintaining this unhealthy distrust of shrinks?

Change. SOON.

--Me

fireheart
08-31-2009, 02:43 AM
Dear work,

Does the "superheroes and villains" week allow for cosplay? Because there is no way I am wearing my undies on the outside. :lol:

Love,
Me.

Dear CS cosplayers,

If the above is OK with work, can anyone recommend a good hero/anti-hero/villain costume for me to try and cosplay? Something simple that's also safe to wear while working behind a register at a supermarket. (i.e. not too skimpy, no miniskirts and without things like wings that'll catch on doorways and registers)

Love,
Me.

Dear cough,

Please go away! I'm sick of people thinking it's swine flu!

Love,
Me.

BookstoreEscapee
08-31-2009, 11:03 PM
Dear Ex,

Please let this be a wake up call and don't make me have to do things the hard way. I really don't want to. It's really in both our best interests to work with me here. I don't want to ruin your life. I just want what you owe me.

I took care of your dog without asking for a thing in return. In return, you didn't offer a thing. I didn't do it for you, I did it because I loved him. I still miss him every day. I'm only glad that I was the one who got to hold him in the end. You owe me so much more than money but you can't repay me anything more than the money you borrowed. That's all I'm asking.

In a way I'm glad he's not here anymore because that would be a bigger fight than the money. He deserved better than you. I deserved better than you.

Sadly,
Me

CaroPhoenix
09-02-2009, 01:26 AM
"Dear" Child Rum,

Mommy & Daddy must be going deaf in their "advanced age". We never heard the "Crash", "Boom", "Bang", followed by an "OWWWW!" whenever you upend your bed. What happened? We were both here in the house. We never once heard you.

BTW, why are you upending your bed? I put clean sheets on your bed and everything! :cry: Stop it right now! I can't make up your bed every night!

Love,
Mommy

PS At least you were good at the Eye Doctor tihs morning.

BookstoreEscapee
09-02-2009, 01:28 AM
Dear Rummy,

Any chance you can bolt it to the floor or something? ;)

be

monolayth
09-02-2009, 02:29 AM
Dear Persephone,

You were very correct!

mono

BookstoreEscapee
09-02-2009, 02:35 AM
Dear Mono,

Does that mean what I think it means? :baby:!

fireheart
09-02-2009, 04:05 AM
Dear Mono,

if it is really what we all think it is...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/JohnnyCharger1968/Emoticons/ThisThreadIsWorthlessWithoutPics.gif

Dear bowel,

Please stop hurting. I don't particularly appreciate stabbing pains this morning!

Love,
Me.

CaroPhoenix
09-02-2009, 04:37 AM
Dear BE,

Right now, I'm thinking of taking everything out of her room and giving her a sleeping bag and that's it. :cry: Barring that, I'm going to be kicking Mr. Rum in his pants and getting him to set up the bed frame so her bed is not on the floor and in case she's lost something under her bed, she can find it without upending the bed.

Also, for some odd reason I'm in nesting mode and as soon as school starts, I'm going to be rearranging everything in her room and the "office" next to her room. Hopefully, this will be done some time by July, 2012. :D

--Rummy
Dear Mono,

What a relief!

Having fun? :p

Please, we want piccies!

--Rummy
---------------------------------------
Dear PapaRum,

Thank you for putting together the bed frame. Now let's see if Child Rum can upend her bed this time. :p

Love,
Your Daughter,
Rummy
Dear Chinese Food,

You are delicious.

Love,
Rummy

the_std
09-03-2009, 03:13 PM
Dear long weekend,

I am going to love the hell out of you! Please be here soon!

Anticipating some naughty fun-times,
Me

monolayth
09-03-2009, 04:39 PM
dear feet,

now that i see you will you please stop lookin like marshmellos?

poofy,
mono

dear son,

thank you for letting me sleep!

rested,
mono

CaroPhoenix
09-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Dear Mono,

I hear you about marshmallow feet.

Rummy
-----------------------------------
Dear Child Rum,

Thank you for letting me hang out in your room today and for letting me "sleep". (I have sleep apnea so when I did close my eyes and "pass out", I snored myself awake again). It was nice hearing you lay next to me and play your leapster.

Love you,
Mommy

SorryIsGoodEnough
09-03-2009, 11:27 PM
Dear Mom,

I'm hoping we don't fight tonight while we clean. I understand you have so much to do, and cleaning your adult daughter's house isn't really the top of your priority list...but I appreciate it. Thank you for beginning to understand that even though I'm 21, I do need more help than most people my age.

Love,
Your eldest

Dear Olivia,

I thought attempting to live your life as an independent adult would have helped you mature a bit. Grow up. You're so selfish. I don't know how your boyfriend puts up with your self centered attitude.

I wish I was an only child,
H. Baby.

Dearest,

Four days. ^_^ It seems like just yesterday it was four WEEKS. I still can't believe you booked the trip. You just...said you were gonna do it, and you did it, and no one surprises me like that. I can't wait. :)

Yours,
Heather

RootedPhoenix
09-04-2009, 12:12 AM
Dear self,

Vogons are not Vikings. Also, Vulcans are not Vikings. Three separate groups.

(Was trying to think of Vikings, but couldn't remember the name. Maybe I haven't slept enough? lol)

--RP

the_std
09-04-2009, 12:47 AM
Dear RootedPhoenix,

Vogon Vulcan Vikings would be the best. race. ever!

You rock!

:roll:,
Me

persephone
09-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Dear head,

Don't worry. I hate you too.

Now will you please stop trying to kill me? It feels like I must have pissed off Professor X or something.

No love,

Persephone

Jack T. Chance
09-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Dear United States Postal Service;

Your website SUCKS ASS! All I want to do is purchase Priority Mail postage and print out a label to slap on a package, so I can get this package to the UPS Store before they close at 4 O'clock, so it can go out today. But I can't do that, because your website keeps timing out at every opportunity it gets! :rant:

Spend the money on some web servers that will actually WORK, and hire some IT people that actually know what they're doing!

No love for you today,

A Pissed Off Customer

P.S. Have been at this for an HOUR and still no luck. Am now convinced that your website is programmed, operated, and maintained by RETARDED MONKEYS! :mad:

SorryIsGoodEnough
09-06-2009, 02:25 AM
Dearest,

The day after tomorrow! :D

Love,
Me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Stepmommy Dearest,

The fact that you're alive, and have not yet died a horrible, painful, brutal death is

Hoping you DIAF,
Your husband's eldest, irreplaceable child.

fireheart
09-07-2009, 01:51 AM
Dear Red Tide,

Thank you for coming and signalling that I am not pregnant or anything like that, but please go away now, I hate this bloaty feeling.

Love,
Me.

Dear assignment,

Please write yourself.

Love,
Me.

Shpepper
09-07-2009, 02:04 AM
Dear stupid ugly horrible nasty wide feet,

go away and let me have some normal sized ones. I Just want to find some cute shoes that I don't have to fight off the drag queens for.

Love long gone,

Meow

CaroPhoenix
09-07-2009, 01:11 PM
Dear Shpepper,

I understand your pain.

Rummy
Dear Mr. Rum,

Be careful or the "Cons" will get longer than the "Pros".

Mrs. Rum
Dear Child Rum,

Why did you have to wake up so early?

At least I folded laundry and found a "first day of school outfit" for you.

Love,
Mommy

Shpepper
09-07-2009, 11:32 PM
Dear Rummy,

Thanks, I needed that.

Love
Pepper

Dear Child Rum,

I hope we get to see anew picture of you from your first day of school. Are you excited?

Love ,

Pepper

CaroPhoenix
09-07-2009, 11:37 PM
Dear School,

You cannot start soon enough.

Tiredly,
Child Rum's Mommy
-----------------------------------------
Dear Child Rum,

Why is it a production when we need to wash your hair?

I'm buying you nose plugs, goggles and ear plugs so I can get the hair washing done in record time. I am now soaked more than your hair.

Mommy

BarbieGirl
09-08-2009, 12:09 AM
Dear Rummy,

Perhaps something like this? (http://www.amazon.com/Lil-Rinser-Splashguard-in-Purple/dp/B001B1FHIM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1252368477&sr=1-3)

I think I'm going to get one too!

Barbiegirl

CaroPhoenix
09-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Dear BarbieGirl,

I think I love you.

I'm definitely buying this. Maybe I can wash Child Rum's hair in the bathtub again and not in the kitchen sink.

Rummy

monolayth
09-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Dear sleep,

I miss you!
:sleep:

tired,
Mono

RootedPhoenix
09-09-2009, 05:47 AM
Dear health problems,

Please be leaving my mother alone. It is freaking me out. I don't like it.

--RP

Comcast Search-y thingy,

I am not searching for Amazon.com with you. I don't recall inviting you.
I put something in my address bar and I want to go there.
Go away and show me Amazon. :mad:

--RP

CaroPhoenix
09-09-2009, 10:00 AM
Dear Child Rum,

I'm very happy you had a good first day of school yesterday.

Now, we're going to have to work on this obsession you have with upending your bed. The mattress and box spring are NOT "mountains". And please do not be touching the metal bed frame and slamming it against the window in your room. You and the bedframe could easily fall out the window. :cry:

Growing older by the minute,
Mommy

PS Why couldn't you have slept in and not get up at 5:30? You're going to be very cranky at school today. :cry:

RootedPhoenix
09-09-2009, 10:25 AM
IDaR,

*offers hugs*
The thought of my child getting hurt like that would freak me out! I hope Child rum stops upending her bed. :(

--RP

Dear self,

Go to bed earlier. This can't keep happening like this.

--your will-be-tired-in-the-morning self

AnaKhouri
09-09-2009, 02:50 PM
Dear Baby Industry:

Not all babies are fat little Buddhas. I would like some pants that actually stay on my skinny kid and some cloth diapers with leg holes that fit as well.

Thank you.

the_std
09-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Dear Awesome Job Opportunity,

I love you. Please be mine.

Pining away,
Me

BookstoreEscapee
09-10-2009, 02:38 AM
Dear wheels of justice,

Please turn faster.

-me

CaroPhoenix
09-10-2009, 10:04 AM
Dear RP,

I ended up having to lock her out of her room last night so she was in the living room, watching tv, and playing with her toys.

Running out of ideas,
Rummy
----------------------------------------------
Dear Mr. Rum,

Thank you for sleeping in an extra hour. :rolleyes:

I'm still exhausted. I'm taking a nap today. Nothing no one can do about it neither.

So there,
Mrs. Rum

persephone
09-11-2009, 12:17 AM
Dear Mono,

It does get better. I promise.

Another Mommy (who once missed sleep too)

fireheart
09-11-2009, 06:57 AM
Dear Anakhouri,

I think my cousin had pretty much the same problem with her little baby boy (very skinny legs and arms and wouldn't even fit into 0000 jumpsuits). They do grow pretty quickly, so hopefully the problem will be temporary.

In the meantime, elastic for the pants and as for diapers....I'm not so sure...

Love,
Fireheart.

MannersMakethMan
09-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Dear bus driver,

You had a sign on the front of the bus saying you were going to my stop. You sold me a ticket to go to my stop, and you had to think which button to press to issue, so I know you knew where I was going. Why then did you just decide to cut half of your route out because you were running late without even telling me? And then to make out it was my fault? Consider yourself lucky it wasn't yesterday so you get to keep your head.

No love,
Me

RootedPhoenix
09-12-2009, 01:44 AM
Dear ankle,

I hate you. I fell down the stairs a minute ago and nearly broke the plate I had in my hand.

I hate you. :mad: This is your fault. Stop rolling over. I wasn't even wearing shoes!

I'd cut you off, but I hear I need you to walk with. Grr.

--RP
(I'm okay, skinned my elbow a bit and twisted my ankle. It was mostly just :eek: scary.)

Dear CS,

Anyone know how to levitate?

--RP

BookstoreEscapee
09-12-2009, 02:22 AM
Dear RP,

No I don't know how to levitate, though my roomie was telling me about an article she saw where they levitated mice with an electromagnet or something. :shrug:

I hear you on the ankle. Mine once just decided not to work while I was simply standing there...next to the ball return, holding a 12 pound bowling ball. All of a sudden I was on the floor. Luckily the ball did not hit anything.

-be

Evil Queen
09-12-2009, 03:15 AM
I miss having a female friend to hang out with.

Lots of love,
EQ

BookstoreEscapee
09-12-2009, 03:45 AM
I miss having a female friend to hang out with.

Lots of love,
EQ

I miss having people to hang out with in general... :(

iradney
09-12-2009, 09:35 AM
"dear" neighbour

You suck as a person and as a parent. I hope you die in a horrible fiery accident.

No love
your neighbour

BookstoreEscapee
09-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Dear iradney,

Tell us how you really feel...!

Dear Roomie,

I don't really care to listen to your 5th graders' book reports. I also don't need to know who got what wrong on the math quiz.

Thanks.

RootedPhoenix
09-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Dear you,

DECIDE what it is that you want from me. If you want to run away happily ever after (:roll:) with <person>, then stop stringing me along. If you want me around, then quit letting <person> control everything.

As it is right now, I'm sick of being hurt and treated like I don't matter. It shouldn't be such ginormous deal just to be here for a few hours. I'M NOT STEALING YOU, and you are not <person's> possession.

*throws in towel* you know what? I'VE decided. Forget you. Go away and leave me alone. It'll be better than this constant cycle of stupid.

:mad:

--RP

monolayth
09-13-2009, 12:30 AM
Dear mom,

EEEEEEEEEEE only one week till your here!

happy,
Your daughter

BookstoreEscapee
09-13-2009, 01:02 AM
Dear Ex,

Why have you de-friended me? Did you get something disturbing in the mail?
Grow the fuck up.

:rolleyes::mad:
-me

SorryIsGoodEnough
09-13-2009, 02:10 AM
Dear You,

What a crazy week. I had fun though. Thanks for paying for everything and taking me everywhere I wanted to go without complaining. Thanks for lumbering through the forest without a trail just so you could see the river with me.

Thanks for putting up with my violent mood swings.

Sincerely,

Me.

persephone
09-13-2009, 03:23 PM
Dear BE

At least you know he probably got it? So maybe you'll get to talk to him before he runs away? :o

Persephone

BookstoreEscapee
09-13-2009, 04:00 PM
Dear persephone,

I'm guessing that's what it means. Still debating sending him my letter but I'll wait a few days at least to see if he contacts me.

-be

CaroPhoenix
09-13-2009, 05:28 PM
Dear RP -

:hug: :hug: :hug:

You've done the right thing.

Love,
Rummy
----------------------------------
Dear Child Rum,

You look adorable in your Super Girl costume. However, Halloween isn't for another month/month and a half yet.

I can't wait to go to Renn Faire with you wearing your Princess Costume!

Love you,
Mommy

Bella_Vixen
09-13-2009, 06:30 PM
Dear Becks--

I had fun yesterday. We have to do it again sometime. :lol:

--Sunshine

Dear Rooks--

Please eat. This is scaring me. I don't want to have to do what I might have to do. :cry:

--"mommy"

Dear MOAO--

I did everything I could to try to help you.

Tell me what you left for me. And why did it take 3 years for you to tell me in the first place?

--At my wits' end with crying

Jack T. Chance
09-13-2009, 10:21 PM
Dear You Know Who You Are;

It's all my fault. I screwed up everything, I'm the one to blame. I wasn't worthy of your love, you deserve someone so much less screwed up than I am, and I am truly sorry for everything I did wrong.

For your own sake, I hope some day you can find it in your heart to forgive me. I also hope that you some day find the happiness you deserve.

--Me

---------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Self;

You had one last shot at finding the life you want, and you had to go and screw it all up. Why? Why did you have to go and ruin the best thing that's ever happened to you? Why did you have to go and do the one thing you swore you would never do? Why couldn't you be stronger than that? :confused:

Now you've doomed me to spend the rest of my life alone, because I can't ever again take a chance on doing that to someone else. :(

No love for you, not today, not ever.

--Me

Evil Queen
09-14-2009, 05:00 AM
Dear Life,

Why can't I have a good day WITHOUT problems with friends or family??

Signed,
evil queen.

Becks
09-14-2009, 05:50 PM
Dear Lizziebeff,

We simply MUST do that again.

Fun was had by all.

Love,

Becks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Rooks,

Stop scaring your "mommy" and "auntie".

We love you, kitten, and want to keep you around for a very long time!

Love,

"auntie" Becky

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear D,

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Stop hurting my sister like this!!

--me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear face,

Stop breaking out, please.

--me

iradney
09-14-2009, 06:32 PM
Dear body

What the hell? Enough with the weird feelings and no apetite kthxbai

Rads

CaroPhoenix
09-15-2009, 01:44 AM
Dear America's Got Talent,

Thank you for replacing Jerry Springer with Nick Cannon.

Sincerely,
Rummy
------------------------------
Dear Nick Cannon,

You are just so cute!

If you ever want to leave your wife, Mariah Carey, I'll be right here waiting for you! :roll:

Your fan,
Rummy

BookstoreEscapee
09-15-2009, 02:10 AM
Dear America's Got Talent,

I liked Jerry better. Nick annoys me.

Sorry.

PS...You can keep Nick next season if you get rid of the Hoff...or at least get him some new lines...:rolleyes:

Elspeth
09-15-2009, 02:42 AM
Dear Ex-Coworker

Yes I know you lost your job, it sucks. But my boss (also my uncle) didn't have to call you back to help out with the move of a meteric ton of files.

Thanks for bailing on us today. You knew we had a ton of stuff to move (giving up office space) and those files needed to be done to move. So calling me at 9:15 this morning (thankfully the phone was off) and not calling the boss was being a croward. You are making excuses.

I really wish I could have said this to you

"GROW THE FUCK UP"

I am so done with you. Thanks for nothing

Els

CaroPhoenix
09-15-2009, 12:05 PM
Dear BSE -

I believe Mr. Springer will be returning for the grand finale of America's Got Talent.

I still prefer Mr. Cannon. :p

Rummy

Shpepper
09-15-2009, 11:19 PM
Dear Life,

Why can't I find a good one? I'm really not that bad. Please let there be one for me somewhere soon.

Wondering and lonely,

Pepper

BookstoreEscapee
09-15-2009, 11:21 PM
Dear whoever is in charge of these things,

What Shpepper said.

-me

RootedPhoenix
09-16-2009, 12:07 AM
Dear Life,

What BSE and Shpepper said. :(

Also, am I going to be broke forever?

--RP

BookstoreEscapee
09-16-2009, 12:13 AM
Dear Ex,

So you have blocked me completely. This does not do anything to improve on my opinion that you think you can walk away from this. Be a grownup and deal with me. This won't go away.

-me

Shpepper
09-16-2009, 12:36 AM
Dear RP and BSE,

Is it ok for me to feel a LITTLE better that I am not alone in this?

Hugs and hopes for happiness,

Pepper

BookstoreEscapee
09-16-2009, 12:49 AM
Dear Pepper,

Yes.

-be

Shpepper
09-16-2009, 04:03 AM
Dear BE,

Thank you.

Pepper

Bella_Vixen
09-16-2009, 05:34 AM
Dear Becks--

Thanks for the support.

I don't deserve you.

--Sunshine

Dear work--

If I wanted to work SD, don't you think I would have mentioned it at least once when you had at least 2, if not 3, completely unqualified people try it out and quit??

Leave me alone, and give me more hours!

--me

PS Don't even think about putting me in the deli. If I wanted to do that, I would have showed an interest 2 months ago.

CaroPhoenix
09-16-2009, 10:59 AM
Mr. Rum -

Stop being a backside beret! Right now! It's making me :mad:

Stop it, stop it, stop it!

If you're going to be all :rant: when you wake up and when you come home, then I don't want you here.

You're adding to my stress.

Mrs. Rum
---------------------------------------------
Dear Child Rum,

I love you.

However, today is Wednesday, not Saturday. We're not going out to breakfast this morning.

Also, after school today, we're going to speech.

Silly girl.

Mommy loves you!

BarbieGirl
09-16-2009, 04:09 PM
Dear rock that punctured my gas tank,

You suck big time!!! I'm not very happy about having to spend $300 to find the problem and then get it fixed. ARGH!

Not so happy, me.

CaroPhoenix
09-17-2009, 03:15 PM
Dear Mr. Rum,

For some odd reason, I woke up bright-eyed and bushy tailed this morning.

Could it have been from the very restful sleep I got last night? ;)

Love you,
Mrs. Rum

Shpepper
09-17-2009, 03:56 PM
Dear boots and shoes and bras and clothes,

Please let me find some of you that fit my weird dimensions today. I REALLY need you. It will make me feel much much better.

Pleadlingly,

Meow

Becks
09-17-2009, 05:19 PM
Dear Lizziebeff,

You're welcome and anytime, too.

...You deserve a better sister, but hey, I have kittens!

Love,

Becks

CaroPhoenix
09-17-2009, 07:48 PM
Dear Shpepper,

Have you tried

1. Just my size (http://www.jms.com/)

2. Avenue (http://www.avenue.com/)

3. Catherines (http://www.catherines.com/)

Helpfully,

Rummy

monolayth
09-17-2009, 08:50 PM
Stupid insurance company,

I am sick of your lies. You keep promising that it will be taken care of and I will have my check. It has been over a month. Where is my check? My bills are piling up and its making me ultra stressed. What should be a happy time for me is sucking badly because of your lies.

And your stupid case worker should be fired. she lies every time i talk to her. she almost never calls back and is rude. she promised i would have my check by the 15th. well its past that and still no check.

I hate you with a passion,
Jess

AnaKhouri
09-18-2009, 02:02 AM
Dear David Gray:

It's about frigging time. Looking forward to a new album on Tuesday!

Love, Ana

Dear Khan,

I'm sincerely impressed by how long you can hold your head up at only six weeks of age, especially considering how very big your head is.

Love, Mommy

BookstoreEscapee
09-18-2009, 02:39 AM
Dear Becks,

Can you be my sister?

wants kittens,
be

---

Dear Ana,

David Gray was the song of the week at Starbucks. I downloaded it but haven't listened yet.

Shpepper
09-18-2009, 07:22 AM
Dear Rummy,

I think I love you ! ! !:angel: I went to Lane Bryant today. Small store, but offered to order what ever I might want. But of course nothing there fit right.

I miss my Avenue store.

I actually got my boots ordered today and a new bra and everything. And it wasn't even traumatic this time.

love,

A very happy, can't wait for her boots to get here

Pepper

CaroPhoenix
09-18-2009, 11:15 AM
Dear Pepper,

YAY! Someone loves me! :lol:

I'm glad I was able to help you out.

I am a larger sized woman, and there is an Avenue store about 15 minutes from my house (depending if I hit all the red lights or not). Avenue is just completely awesome!

Rummy

Becks
09-18-2009, 03:11 PM
Dear BE,

Of course you can be my sister.

Just keep in mind that I tend to refer to the whole family collectively as the traveling freak show.

Love,

Becks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear head,

Stop hurting. I haven't hit you on anything for a few days.

:blink:

--me

AnaKhouri
09-18-2009, 11:44 PM
Dear "Torchwood":

I am rather disappointed in you. My friend who likes you promised me that you had massive amounts of sex. But I've already watched 9 episodes and there's hardly been any sex at all. I was looking forward to watching John Barrowman make out with dudes. Lots and lots of dudes.

Get on that, please.

Sincerely, Ana

Elspeth
09-19-2009, 12:20 AM
Dear AnaKhouri

It does happen!! Towards the end of season one is some good stuff. And the first episode of Season Two. Did you like Spike from Buffy? The fight/make out scene rocks!!

(I really need to finish season two so I can buy Children of Earth)

Els

AnaKhouri
09-19-2009, 02:55 AM
Dear Elspeth,

Thanks! That is good to know. I never saw Buffy but I know who James Marsters is and I bet he is great in Torchwood!

-Ana-

Bella_Vixen
09-19-2009, 03:35 AM
Dear Becks--

*hugs*

--Sunshine

Dear chili--

Why so bland?? What am I doing wrong?

--me

Dear Rooks--

I'm glad you're feeling better.

Although it's making my decision a bit harder.

--your human

CaroPhoenix
09-19-2009, 03:42 PM
Dear Everyone,

My family & I went yard saling today. My community held a community yard sale in my neck of town.

I scored a nice ceramic tea set for $5. I also got a play & learn cash register for $3.

However, my biggest and best deal was a 2-storey, $100+ Barbie Dream House (with elevator) for $10!!!! As soon as I saw the yard sale, and noticed the huge, bright pink Barbie house, I told Mr. Rum to "Stop!" I leaped out of the Mazda, ran to the yard sale, and said "How much for the barbie house?" Guy was like "How much you want to buy it for?" The guy's wife was like, "Ten bucks?" I'm like, "SOLD!" I was dancing to the car.

However, Child Rum also likes it and wants it in her room. :cry:

Mr. Rum says it has to be in her room, but when she's at school I can play with it too. :D

Yay for me!
Rummy

Becks
09-19-2009, 05:14 PM
Dear Lizziebeff,

*skwush*

Love,

Becks

PS--I know you keep fighting, but maybe a jar of medium salsa?

Shpepper
09-19-2009, 06:23 PM
Dear Rummy,

Can I come and play at your house? You have all the GOOD toys.

Love,

Pepper

BookstoreEscapee
09-19-2009, 08:23 PM
Dear Migraine,

Why must you always come on Saturday? I would like to eat something other than Coke and Advil.

-me

RootedPhoenix
09-19-2009, 09:38 PM
Dear BSE,

Have you tried a cold washcloth on your neck? Wet it in cold water (you can even freeze it) and put it on your neck. It helps greatly.

Rooms that are too hot or cold fuel my migraines, so that might be true for you too.

In any case, *offers gentle hugs*. :)

--RP

Dear BSE's migraine,

Beat it. Go to wherever mine went last night. :mad:

--RP

Dear my migraine,

Are you seriously coming back? Arghhh. :burneyes:
Go. Away.

--RP

BookstoreEscapee
09-19-2009, 11:13 PM
Dear RP,

I did not but I'll take note for next time. I did just wake up from a nap and it is mostly gone. Hope you were able to head yours off at the pass.

Thanks,
-be

CaroPhoenix
09-20-2009, 01:08 AM
Dear Pepper,

Sure! You can come over!

Don't forget to bring your Barbies. :D

--Rummy
-------------------------------------------
Dear Child Rum,

What part of "Mommy has to clean your room up completely before I can move your new doll house, cash register, and tea set into your room" do you not understand?

:runaway:
Mommy

BarbieGirl
09-20-2009, 04:03 AM
Dear The Childrens Place,

I LOVE you and miss your awesome $1.99 racks at the supermall! I really really wish you had an outlet store here in Boise. Thanks thought for having a great online sale though! I love paying .89 for most of my kids summer clothes for next year.

Lots of Love!

ME!

Shpepper
09-20-2009, 06:52 AM
Dear Rummy,

YAY ! ! ! I think I still have some of my 35 year old barbies somewhere.

Skipping off to find them,

Pepper

CaroPhoenix
09-20-2009, 01:59 PM
Dear Pepper,

You're so funny you're cute!

Actually, Mr. Rum & I did some research on the dollhouse. Turns out, it's NOT a Barbie Dream House, but a Disney Princess Enchanted Palace. Turns out, the ones on E-bay (which has everything, we're missing a few things (like a vanity in one of the rooms, but that's nothing), are selling for $200!!! :jawdrop: Yes, we got a $200 item for $10!!!

I've been dancing on air since finding that out.

A Happy Rummy

BookstoreEscapee
09-20-2009, 08:17 PM
Dear Ex,

If you have something to say, I suggest you leave a message. I'm not going to just call you because I see your work on my missed calls log.

-me

Shpepper
09-21-2009, 12:06 AM
Dear Rummy,

Oooohhhhh pretty. I had to go look that one up. The one I saw was all pink and purple and prettyful.

My Barbie dream house was two shoe boxes glued together. I always wanted to have a real one to play with.

Way to go on the AWESOME find.

Gigglingly,

Pepper

BookstoreEscapee
09-22-2009, 01:23 AM
Dear Ex,

I'm sorry my "timing" is inconvenient. Am I to feel sorry for you?

:censored:
-me

CaroPhoenix
09-23-2009, 03:31 PM
"Dear" County I live in,

Why did it take me calling 3 different numbers before I could get someone who knew what number I should be calling to inform the bus driver of my daughter's bus that she was not going to be riding the bus this morning?

And after I found the number, and dialed it, why was I on hold for almost 10 minutes?

Grrrrr,
Rummy

iradney
09-23-2009, 05:20 PM
Dear Self

You're a f***ing moron. Moron moron moron.

No love
Rads

(PS My car overheated. I didn't check the water. That's why I'm a moron)

CaroPhoenix
09-23-2009, 11:08 PM
Dear Rads,

You are not a moron.

Love,
Rummy
Dear Child Rum,

Why is it that you will eat calamari but not eat red meat?

I mean, I love calamari myself, but ... I just can't wrap my head around the fact that you will eat more than half my order of it, but if I present you with, say, a hamburger, you leave it untouched on your plate!

:confused:
Mommy

PS. Child Rum will eat meatballs made with ground beef, but no other red meat will she touch.

BookstoreEscapee
09-24-2009, 12:59 AM
Dear life,

Can I just have one good day without something expensive getting in the way? I had a lovely visit with my friends, I even had a decent drive out to PA and back, and I found shoes finally! And half price! So why did something have to chip my windshield on the way back?

Grr.
-me

Becks
09-24-2009, 03:29 PM
Dear hair,

Why are you really accentuating the blonde? The new people at work can tell Bella and I apart because she "has red hair" and I "have blonde".

I prefer having the red be prominent.

Born a blonde and proving it by the day,

--me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear #1 best at work boyfriend,

I thought you'd like the picture I'm having V show around. You're supposed to admire the face, not the cleavage that worked its way in the shot.

Brat.

Miss you, too.

Apparently overflowing with bosomy goodness,

--me

Dear self,

See what happens? I try to get 8 hours of sleep...and I almost got it.

But I could've sworn I actually turned my alarm ON, so it would go off at 7:30. Nope. At least I woke up at 8 and not later.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,

--me

AnaKhouri
09-24-2009, 07:04 PM
Dear Khan,

The government lady was not very concerned about your torticullis, we just need to help you stretch your neck more. So I'll get right on that.

She also said that developmentally you are more like a 4 or 5 month old and not an 8 week old. Holy crap! I want you to be smarter than me, but not until you're 18 or so.

At least pretend you're not smarter than me until then.

Thanks, Mommy

iradney
09-24-2009, 09:00 PM
Dear car

Dammit dammit dammit :(

Soon to be broke
Rads

CaroPhoenix
09-24-2009, 10:15 PM
Dear Child Rum,

What is all this about having me spell words out for you? You're not writing them down, and they're all the names from your favorite shows.

Mommy

AnaKhouri
09-24-2009, 11:57 PM
Dear Quentin Tarantino:

I think you and I could be really good friends. I love kung fu and ridiculously explicit violence, and we seem to have a similar sense of humor. For instance, I think it's hilarious that you had a Jewish director make the Nazi propaganda short in your newest movie.

Call me sometime, we'll get together.

Ana

the_std
09-25-2009, 07:43 PM
Dear Wolf,

If you're going to make plans with me, stick to them. You know how much it pisses me off to have plans broken. I am now really pissed at you, cause we're not going to get to spend any time together before you have to leave with my brother.

Fuck you, and your inability to stick to plans.

Very sad now,
Me

Shpepper
09-25-2009, 08:18 PM
Dear Everyone,

I am very excited. I am about to go pick up my brand new boots. I hope they fit the way they are supposed to. I can't wait to find out. I will post an update and pics if this all works out.

Hopefully,

Pepper

BookstoreEscapee
09-26-2009, 12:09 AM
Dear Ex,

I'm going to assume you got my email since you didn't call asking where I was. Hopefully you got it after you waited around a while. :devil: But I have no other way of contacting you, so whatever. I know better than to expect you to acknowledge it or anything.

-be

Bella_Vixen
09-26-2009, 04:34 AM
Dear Becks--

*skwush*

--Sunshine

Shpepper
09-26-2009, 05:36 AM
Dear Everyone,

YAY for new boots. They had to stretch them a little bit and I have to break them in to fit NY foot, but I have luverley Brand spankin' new Justin Lace-r's in my size and a color I can wear to work. They are comfy too and will be mroe so once I get them all broken it.

Boot Scootin'ly,

Pepper

RootedPhoenix
09-26-2009, 05:54 AM
Dear Rads and BSE,

*offers herb tea*

--RP

Dear BSE's Ex,

--RP

Dear Pepper,

*happy dances*

--RP

CaroPhoenix
09-26-2009, 12:26 PM
Dear Pepper,

Yay for boots that are going to be comfy and actually fit your foot!

*does the Meposian Dance of Joy*
Rummy
------------------------------------------------
Dear Child Rum,

Thank you for sleeping in your own room until 5 AM and then crawling into Mommy & Daddy's bed and sleeping for another 2 hours.

Getting her sleep in,
Mommy
---------------------------------------------
Dear Mr. Rum,

My birthday is next week.

I want to go to the Renn Faire sometime this year.

How about this weekend?

Love,
Mrs. Rum

Becks
09-26-2009, 04:11 PM
Dear Lizziebeff,

Thanks. I needed that.

Love,

Becks

PS--The MOTH™ and I both thank you for taking me to work today. And picking me up?

Shpepper
09-26-2009, 05:45 PM
Dear Rummy,

I never knew that you studied dance with Balki and Cousin Larry.

Jealously,

Pepper

Dear Mr. Rum,

TAKE THEM TO THE FAIRE. I want to see Child Rum in her Princess Costume.

Threateningly,

Pepper

CaroPhoenix
09-26-2009, 09:09 PM
Dear Pepper,

A little known fact about me is that I ... er ... was the next door neighbor of Cousin Larry and Balki! :roll: Yes ... yes, that my's story and I'm sticking to it.

Rummy
------------------------------------------------
Dear Child Rum,

When you have left the living room and go upstairs, the TV is no longer "yours" to manipulate. Do not be screaming, crying, throwing temper tantrums just because Mommy wants to watch a tv show more to her liking.

Now I have a headache.

Mommy

Bella_Vixen
09-27-2009, 02:00 AM
Dear Becks (and Mr. Becks)--

You are most welcome.

:wave:

--Sunshine

RootedPhoenix
09-27-2009, 02:27 AM
Dear guitar,

You are getting fixed! YAY!

Dear self,

Please be coordinated enough to fix the guitar.

--RP

CaroPhoenix
09-27-2009, 01:51 PM
Dear RP,

Good luck with the guitar!

Encouragingly,
Rummy
Dear Pepper,

How are the boots doing?

Luv,
Rummy
-------------------------------------------
Dear Mr. Rum,

Thank you for letting me sleep in an extra hour and a half.

Thank you also for breakfast.

But .. Waffles? Really?

Oh well,
Beggars can't be choosers,
And I still love you,
Mrs. Rum
------------------------------------------
Dear Harlequin,

I love your historical romance novels.

One question: How can I find one of those men in real life and have them teach my husband how to be just a teensy bit romantic, like he was when we were dating?

Not wanting to change my husband,
Just want him how he used to be,
Rummy

Shpepper
09-27-2009, 09:42 PM
Dear Rummy,

The boots are great, My heel on one foot, Not so good. Got a little bit of a blister there but it will go away. Other than that they are ROCKIN" ... I love them..

Clompingly,

Pepper

CaroPhoenix
09-28-2009, 12:03 PM
Dear Mr. Rum,

You are a backside beret.

I do not care that you did finally feed the cats. You are a backside beret and will stay that way for quite a while in my book.

I have no clue why I've been chasing you amourously for the past week, but that will also stop.

You want the living room cleaned up? You do it yourself. The time doing that will be better than you just sitting on your butt, on the couch, complaining that Child Rum is in refrigerator and why aren't I getting her out of it while I'm going potty/doing laundry/hiding?

And talking about Child Rum, you know I've been working on her room for the past week and it looks like it'll be another week of cleaning it/rearranging it/cleansing it of whatever is in there. Yes, I'm going slowly 'cos I'm not feeling well, and about 1 PM is my crashing/nap time. Plus I really don't think a bulldozer will fit in her room.

If you don't like it, then get a new wife.

I'm on strike,
Mrs. Rum

Shpepper
09-29-2009, 01:58 AM
Dear Rummy,

:hug: :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Love,

Pepper

Not so Dear Mr Rum,

:salmon: :salmon: :salmon: :salmon: :salmon: :salmon:

Threateningly,

Pepper

BookstoreEscapee
09-29-2009, 02:18 AM
Dear Ex,

You said you were advised to try to work things out. Then why am I the one expected to do all the work?

-me

iradney
09-29-2009, 06:06 AM
Dear Mr Rum

If you know what's good for you, you'll listen to the Missus!!!!

Rads

Dear Rummy

Good for you!

Love and squishies
Rads

Dear car

Thank you for not being horrendously expensive to fix!!!

Love
Rads

CaroPhoenix
09-29-2009, 09:02 AM
Dear Pepper and Rads,

Thank you for the encouragement! :)

It's going to be hard going for the next week or so with my planned strike.

But at least Child Rum's room is getting better!

Now I just have to find all 6 little baskets that belong to one of her toy chests that can hold little toys (like her little people, hot wheels, etc., etc.), and then there's going to be the moving of furniture. I have plans for her room.

I have plans for the top floor of my house. :D And me doing it by myself? I'm not exactly Wonder Woman, but it'll get done.

Where there's a willl there's a way,
Rummy
----------------------------------------------------
Dear Child Rum,

Mommy is sorry that you're not feeling well this morning.

She's also sorry that you have a 101.6 degree temperature. I know you love going to school, but you're going to be staying home in bed for at least today. You're also going to be getting "Clifford" soup and butter & jelly sandwiches, and lots of liquids.

I love you,
Mommy

Shpepper
09-29-2009, 12:40 PM
Dear Rummy,

You can do it. Just remember the Little Engine that Could.

Encouragingly ,

Pepper

Dear Child Rum,

Hugs and snuzzles and chicken noodle soup. Feel better soon.

Healthily,

Pepper

CaroPhoenix
09-29-2009, 01:46 PM
Dear Pepper,

Thank you :)

I actually like The Little Engine That Could story. :)

Turns out, both Child Rum and myself are sick. :cry:

I have a 101.8 temperature.

I have no clue where this sickness came from.

I blame Child Rum's flu vaccine. :D

Sick,
Rummy

Shpepper
09-29-2009, 06:13 PM
Dear Rummy,

Boo for being sick. Snuggle in on the couch and watch some fun movies and try to rest as much as you can. **Sends virtual chicken soup, gatorade, pedialyte, popsicles and cold meds**

Healingly,

Pepper

Dear Mr. Rum,

Your ladies are sick, be nice to them.

Warningly,

Pepper

fireheart
09-30-2009, 02:02 AM
Dear Avenue Q,

Why must you be so funny?! I now have "The Internet Is For Porn" stuck in my head!

Love,
Me.

Dear body,

Is there a time when you are well?

Love,
Me.

CaroPhoenix
09-30-2009, 01:41 PM
Dear Pepper,

Mr. Rum went out and got medicines and ginger ale for us. He also made his own dinner last night.

I'd hug ya, but I don't want to get you sick,
Rummy :D
--------------------------------------------
Dear Self,

Why are you sick?

You're worse off than Child Rum!

Rummy

Shpepper
09-30-2009, 04:46 PM
Dear Rummy,

YAY ! !

Happily,
Pepper

Dear Mr Rum,

That's much better ! !

Approvingly but still watching you,

Pepper

BookstoreEscapee
09-30-2009, 06:05 PM
Dear Rummy,

I hope you get better for your birthday!

-fellow soon-to-be birthday girl

BarbieGirl
09-30-2009, 06:59 PM
Dear coconut bliss,

I LOVE YOU! thank you for being a delicious ice cream alternative for those of us that are allergic to both Dairy and Soy..... I am in heaven with the Mint Galactica... Now if only you could send me some coupons cause you are kind of expensive.

Lots of Love!
Me

BookstoreEscapee
09-30-2009, 07:21 PM
Dear Whoever talked about the malted milk ball gelato (Joi?),

I found it in a nearby store (one I don't normally frequent but happened to stop in on my way home). Kinda spendy...gonna get some for my dad's birthday in November. :D

-yay gelato!
me

CaroPhoenix
09-30-2009, 10:21 PM
Dear Front Door,

Who was rattling you this morning?

Even my cat went into defense mode.

Scared,
Rummy

Bella_Vixen
10-01-2009, 04:49 AM
Dear Becks--

I hope your back gets better.

--Sunshine

"Dear" jerk on eBay--

Why did you have to outbid me on that series of books I wanted?? I'm too poor to bid higher.

Jerk.

--No love from me.

Shpepper
10-01-2009, 06:12 AM
Dear Creepy thing at Rummy's front door,

STOP IT ! ! ! GO AWAY ! ! ! LEAVE OUR RUMMY ALONE ! ! ! ! !

Warningly,

Pepper

CaroPhoenix
10-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Dear Pepper,

I think I :love: you! :roll:

You need to move to Virginia and be my next door neighbor. The townhouse next to mine is doing a short sale at the moment. :D

Child Rum and I doing better. Her temperature is down to 100.3 and mine is down to 101.2. :) Pretty soon we'll be back to our old selves again!

Though it does suck that I'm sick on my birthday (October 1),
:(
Rummy

BookstoreEscapee
10-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Dear Rummy,

I'll be your neighbor. Some days I just want to not live here.

Glad you're feeling a bit better for your birthday, though.

-be

BarbieGirl
10-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Dear weather,

It was 90* last week but it is barely 35* today.... What is up with that!

coldly me.

Shpepper
10-01-2009, 05:31 PM
Dear Rummy,

Yay somebody :love:'s me ! ! !

:bday::party::grats:

YAY for birthdays.

I'd move to Virginia if I wasn't about to move to Seattle. I have to go to school. I have waited for 9 long years to be able to go back.

Celebratingly and learningly,

Pepper

P.S. if you feel better on the weekend will Mr. Rum take you to the Faire?

Becks
10-01-2009, 06:23 PM
Dear Lizziebeff,

Thanks for the thought.

Sorry about the outbidding (no, it's not me). What series is it, anyway?

Love,

Becks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dear" back,

:wtf:

Yesterday morning you hurt. In the afternoon you went into spasms.

Muscle relaxers helped in stopping the spasms so far, but now you hurt more than yesterday.

I'd like to be able to move. Or hell, even sit up without pain. Sit down, too, now that I think about it.

Checking into back replacements,

--me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear coworkers and customers,

Thank you for being so wonderfully nice to me yesterday. If only management had been.

Grateful,

--me

CaroPhoenix
10-01-2009, 07:43 PM
Dear BSE,

You can move in next door to me too.

Not sure what the inside of the townhouse looks like, but the previous owners did leave in a hurry and about a week later, came back under cover of night to get more stuff out of the house.

Hopefully, it's habitable.

But you live in the land of Boost and Hoagies!

Rummy
--------------------------------------------------
Dear Pepper,

Thank you for the well wishes.

Hopefully, if we're better by Saturday or Sunday, we can go to the Faire. Please keep fingers crossed and send good thoughts my way. :D

And I understand about schooling. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up, so I not going back as of yet.

Encouragingly,
Rummy
Dear Becks,

If you find a doctor willing to go a back replacement, please let me know.

Rummy

Elspeth
10-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Dear Birthday Girls

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Els

Dear Desk at work,

Could you please start doing the work that is piling up yourself so I can nap? Thanks a million

Els
(holder of 8 jobs *curse my ability to actually do work* and really needs a nap)

BookstoreEscapee
10-01-2009, 09:05 PM
But you live in the land of Boost and Hoagies!

Dear Rum,

What's Boost and it's a sub, dammit!

CaroPhoenix
10-01-2009, 10:42 PM
Dear BSE,

This is boost - the best thing in the entire world! (http://www.takaboost.com/)

And it's not a sub ... subs don't taste as good as a Hoagie.

Fine, not only am I kidnapping PapaRum, Mr. Rum, Child Rum, I'm kidnapping you. Then we're all going to Delanco and we're going to hunt down the hole-in-a-wall hoagie shop that's near the Edgewater Cemetary and we're all eating hoagies. Then we're going near my Grandpa's house, go to the florist and buy at least 3 gallons of the boost .Then we're going to enjoy everything!

Sheesh,
But in a good way,
I still :love:'s ya,
And it's not just because we share the same birthday day,
:roll:,
Rummy

AnaKhouri
10-01-2009, 11:24 PM
Dear Rum:

I had never heard of Boost! before, but that website intrigues me.

Ana

CaroPhoenix
10-02-2009, 01:30 AM
Dear Ana,

When I was growing up, we'd visit my dad's parents, and the Boost! was always a treat for us. We loved it. Especially me & my dad. :D

Then we started to buy ourselves some and enjoy it at home.

It was one of our many "excuses" to go up North to visit Grandma & Grandpa. :)

Fondly remembering,
Rummy

Shpepper
10-02-2009, 05:20 AM
Dear Rummy and BSE,

Did you know that Julie Andrews has the same birthday as you both do ?

I just discovered this tidbit and thought I'd share it with you.

trivally,

Pepper

CaroPhoenix
10-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Dear Pepper,

Thank you for that trivia! :)

I didn't know who else had my birthday.

All I know is that the tradition is that my birthday is acknowledged "officially" at 7:30 PM (which is when I was born). Hehehehe.

Yes, my family is weird sometimes.

Mr. Rum bought me 2 Nintendo DS games for me. I can't wait to play them!

Happily,
Rummy

fireheart
10-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Dear Rummy and other CSers...

I can beat you. I share a birthday with Steve Carell! (and supposedly Madonna) :p
Well, with a 20+ difference in our ages but you get the idea....

Love me.

BookstoreEscapee
10-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Dear Rummy and BSE,

Did you know that Julie Andrews has the same birthday as you both do ?

Dear Pepper,

I did know that, actually. :)

-be

All I know is that the tradition is that my birthday is acknowledged "officially" at 7:30 PM (which is when I was born). Hehehehe.

Dear Rummy,

I was born at 8:20 in the morning. Celebration or no, if someone woke me up that early on a day I wasn't working they'd be wearing the cake.

-be

CaroPhoenix
10-02-2009, 09:39 PM
Dear Fireheart,

What do you mean that Madonna allegedly shares your birthday? Does she fudge her birthday month/day?

Rummy
---------------------
Dear be,

You made me gigglesnort!

Rummy

Shpepper
10-02-2009, 11:28 PM
Dear Rummy and BE,

I found the Julie Andrews info on imdb last night when I was looking up Beetlejuice quotes. It was right there on the front page. All I really wanted was the name of the bridge that Lydia wanted to plummet off of.

But I had to share anyhow.

Quotingly,

Pepper

In case you are wondering, it's the Winter River Bridge

CaroPhoenix
10-02-2009, 11:32 PM
Dear Pepper,

Trivia is always a good thing to share.

It's almost as good as chocolate!

Rummy

Shpepper
10-03-2009, 12:37 AM
Dear Rummy,

I am so glad you said almost.

Pepper

CaroPhoenix
10-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Dear Pepper,

Everything is almost as good as chocolate. Except for chicken. That's in it own little world.

Hmmmm ... I think I need coffee. I don't think I'm making any sense.

Carbon-basedly,
Rummy

Shpepper
10-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Dear Rummy,

Nope I got it. You made perfect sense to me.

Chicken. Yum.

Bawk Bawk Ba Gawk,

Pepper

RootedPhoenix
10-04-2009, 02:18 AM
"Dear" neighbor of mine,

I'm sure you're impressed with the raw power of your motorcycle. I understand the desire to share such a feeling.

However, it sounded like your engines were revving inside of my home a few minutes ago. I was not impressed.

Please don't do this, or I shall :salmon: you.

Okay?

--RP

monolayth
10-04-2009, 04:14 AM
dear compter

why did you have to die?
meh, mono

dear wii

yay i can access the web from you. although it is annoying.

mono

dear breasts

wtf?

h cup really? you were dd when i got preg.
bustily, mono

dear everyone

could i please have some good thoughts for my awesome stepfather. he is in the icu with fugal meningitis.
and i wish my mother the strengh to get through this.
worried, mono

CaroPhoenix
10-04-2009, 06:06 AM
Dear Mono,

Good thoughts coming your way! And to your mother's way too.

love,
Rummy
Dear Child Rum,

It's a little after 2 AM. We've been up for an hour.

Please go back to bed!

Tiredly,
Your loving mommy

Shpepper
10-04-2009, 06:37 AM
Dear Mono,

Lots of good thoughts for quick healing.

Hugs,

Pepper

CaroPhoenix
10-05-2009, 12:58 AM
Dear MommaRum,

You'll be happy to know that I had to throw out my "hooker shoes" - they have 3 inch heels (http://www.crocs.com/crocs-cyprus/10122,default,pd.html?cgid=women-footwear-heelsWedges). After wearing them for over 2 years, they broke. :cry: Now I'm going to have to find me some even more outrageous high heeled shoes. :devil: I tihnk I might have found them. :D

Love you,
Your Daughter,
Rummy

BookstoreEscapee
10-05-2009, 01:13 AM
Dear Rum,

I guess comfy shoes would be a priority for hookers...

SengaKitty
10-05-2009, 02:37 AM
Dear SO,
Get out of your sulky mood. I realize trying to get a job in this economy is hard, but you know what, that's NOT MY FAULT. I put up with enough of someone telling me everything's my fault. I am NOT going to let you treat me that way.

So you have an issue with my independence? Guess what, you forced it on me when you went to Job Corps. Think I don't need you? I need you here for emotional support, and for love. But I do NOT need you for financial support. I was doing pretty well while you were gone, and I'm well on my way up. I can take pretty damn good care of myself. Now if you want to CONTINUE to be the one I turn to for emotional support, you might want to straighten up, cause I'm not gonna stick around if you're gonna treat me like everything's my fault. Nope, not gonna happen.

I love you with all of my heart, but I'm not going to continue to get pushed away because you decided to walk away when things got tough. Sure you said you did it for us, but for what? You can't get a job in the field you chose, so what good did those four months away do you? You know what they did for me, you see the evidence every day when you turn on the tv, use the internet, or use the home phone. Or hell, every day that you wake up with a roof over your head and electricity.

Figure out your priorities, cause if you keep pushing me away and telling me to leave you alone, I'll do just what you ask. Unfortunately for you, I'll do it permanently.

Not very happy with you right now
Your faerie

AnaKhouri
10-05-2009, 02:38 AM
Dear Rum,

I've never seen a hooker wearing Crocs. Because, you know, I'm acquainted with so many hookers. :p

I need to get more friends who are hookers.

Ana

Dear Khan,

You are an absolute angel. I almost cried this morning when you laughed for the first time. I know you were laughing because you peed on me, but that's OK. This time.

Love, Mommy

RootedPhoenix
10-05-2009, 07:23 AM
"Dear" migraine,

Leave.

--RP

Dear piano,

Tell me all your lovely secrets so I can play you better.

--RP (eternal beginner)

CaroPhoenix
10-05-2009, 11:21 AM
Dear be and ana,

You both made me giggle hysterically. Now my cats are afraid of me and my daughter ran up to hide in her room!

And you're right be, standing on street corners for hours at a time would require comfy shoes, and those shoes were really comfy gosh darn it!

ana - you and me both must need to get out more and make acquaintances with hookers. Fortunately, I live close to Washington, DC and therefore I have access to 14th street. :D Come visit me sometime. :lol:

I'm now thinking of buying these shoes with my birthday money. :D (http://www.crocs.com/crocs-lydia/10509,default,pd.html?cgid=women-footwear-newarrivals)

Thanks for the giggles!
Rummy

BookstoreEscapee
10-05-2009, 11:22 PM
Dear Rummy,

Those shoes are cute! :)

-be

CaroPhoenix
10-05-2009, 11:57 PM
Dear be,

Thank you!

I know my mother will hate them, so that makes me want them even more. :devil:

A little stinker,
Rummy

RootedPhoenix
10-06-2009, 06:22 AM
Dear be,

Thank you!

I know my mother will hate them, so that makes me want them even more. :devil:

A little stinker,
Rummy

Rummy,

:devil: :devil: I like this idea.

--RP

CaroPhoenix
10-06-2009, 11:31 AM
Dear RP,

I'm an adult now, with a child, but sometimes, I still have to pretend I'm 16 and rebelling against "The Man". Which, in this case, are my parents.

Might be having a mid-life crisis at 37?
Rummy

monolayth
10-06-2009, 07:04 PM
dear everyone,

charles my step-father is doing a bit betterish. he is off the breathing machines. and awake. but going into kidney failure.

he is hallucinating. he thinks he is in a movie he is playing the part of hank the murderer. he told my mom he wants filming to stop cuz he wants to go home.

will update as it comes,
mono

CaroPhoenix
10-07-2009, 12:49 PM
Dear mono,

thank you for the update. Hopefully the movie will stop shooting soon and he can go home and there will be a happy ending.

Rummy
---------------------------
Dear Self,

You are the bestest cook ever! (Aside from NanaRum, of course XD).

Love,
Me

calulu
10-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Dear body,

What other changes are you going to put me through? You've misbehaved through infertility, hysterectomy, menopause, a lifetime of asthma, mass cell disorder, IgE disorder, multiple chemical sensitivities, IBS and now this.... this horrible grinding pain and constant nausea that made me so desperate for sleep and relief from the pain that I ate one of my college aged kids pot brownies a few nights ago and last night scarfed the remainder of the Mr's left over Vicodin. This behavior has to stop! It's screwing with my ability to do any daily activities and making work hellish.

Cut it out right now!

Calulu

Becks
10-07-2009, 03:27 PM
Dear person who left a voicemail on my cell phone,

Oh, man.

That was hellaciously vulgar, obscene and of a pornographic nature to make angels weep.

Becks Seal of Approval, especially because at the end you said "Have a good night. Take care."

Wrong numbers can be so fun.

Ready to call you Papi,

--me

MannersMakethMan
10-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Dear Rummy,

Always get yourself a comfortable pair of shoes and a comfortable bed, because if you're not in one, you're in the other.

Encouragingly,

MMM

Dear Mono,

Sending lots of good thoughts to you and yours in the hope of a quick recovery.

Sincerely,

MMM

Dear R,

Thank you for a little reminder of a very happy memory. It really brightened the day.

Hoping it's not so long until next time,

MMM

monolayth
10-07-2009, 10:27 PM
dear everyone,

the movie has ended. lol. he is getting better!

we are waiting for him to realize what happened to his hair. he had hair to the middle of his back. to picture him, he could double for hagrid off of harry potter.

getting happier
mono

CaroPhoenix
10-08-2009, 12:10 AM
Dear mono,

glad to hear that!

Rummy

Bella_Vixen
10-08-2009, 04:58 AM
Dear MOAO®--

Happy birthday.

--me

RootedPhoenix
10-08-2009, 05:43 AM
Dear CS,

I made oatmeal cookies! They tasted good and I didn't burn them! :D :D :D
I also managed to make them work with no eggs, and no cinnamon (I used other spices.)

*offers these cookies* :D

Dancingly happy,
--RP

Dear mono,

Glad he's getting better! *happydances*

--RP

Dear Calulu's body,

Knock it off.

Dear Calulu,

*offers :hug: *

--RP

KiaKat
10-08-2009, 06:48 AM
Dear RP,

I may be able to help you find other recipes without eggs, if you're interested. The high school I went to was lacto-vegetarian, and I'm still in contact with a few people who follow that particular path.

-- A Former Vegan

Dear, wonderful, darling wine -

You are yummy. Please continue being so.

--The One Drinking You

My Wonderful Friend,

I'm still trying to figure out how to respond to your heartwrenching post. I adore you so much, and have no idea how to tell you what an amazing person you are. Everything I write comes out sounding pedantic and staid, when I want to express the depth of my adoration for you. Please understand that I'm not ignoring what you said, I'm just helpless in the face of your eloquent writing.

Love, always and forever,
--Kia

RootedPhoenix
10-08-2009, 07:24 AM
Dear KiaKat,

That would be awesome! :D I love trying new stuff. My cookies had butter and shortening in them, so I don't think they were vegetarian, but I'm sure that there's a tweak that'd make them vegetarian.

I'm not vegetarian myself, but one of my friends is, so I'll be happy to find things I can share with him.

Making them without eggs was an adventure, and I won't tell people I used tofu in place of one of the eggs....although the reactions could be very entertaining...! :angel:

(Found a bunch of egg substitutes here (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081005174118AAaGDsq). I am awed at this list! So. Awesome.)

--RP, adventurous

KiaKat
10-08-2009, 07:32 AM
Dear RP,

A great substitute for eggs is 1C applesauce with 1T white vinegar. Especially in cakes.

I'll get more recipes from my friends - I know they'd be happy to share!

Also see if you can get Quick Vegetarian Pleasures or Moosewood Cookbook from the library. Amazing recipes in both of those. And they're ones you can adapt for yourself by adding chicken, beef, pork, or seafood, and making a couple changes to broth bases.

--Kia

P.S. Butter is ok, as long as the recipient isn't vegan. Most vegetarians will eat dairy and eggs. I just happened to go to a school that was part of a religion where eggs were seen as the potential for life, and therefore verboten on grounds or sponsored trips.

AnaKhouri
10-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Dear Khan:

I'm impressed you can fit your entire fist in your mouth. I guess it's normal for you to be slurping at it every chance you get.

Please be a good baby bear at my writing group tonight.

Love,

Mommy

Dear Husband's PI:

So you don't give Husband any papers to review for months, then you dump two on him a couple weeks before his lab meeting? Seriously? Are you malicious, or just that clueless?

Annoyed,

Ana

PS: He said there is no way the one he just did will ever get published in the elite journal they have submitted it to. It's a lost cause.

monolayth
10-09-2009, 02:30 AM
dear everyone,

he was told about the movie and was amused. he also saw his hair today. he took it well.

happy he has his humor back,
mono

dear dad,

your a jerk. just thought you should know. if you say anything to hurt my mom you will regret it. remember i will always choose her.
i love my step father more.
your daughter

fireheart
10-09-2009, 04:12 AM
Dear depression,

can you PLEASE go away?! I'm sick of having you in my body all the time.

Love,
me.

Dear CSers,

Does anyone know is St. Johns wort is actually effective for depression and what the side effects are?

Love,
me.

Dear family,

Please don't hate me,

Love Me.

RootedPhoenix
10-09-2009, 04:45 AM
Dear depression,

can you PLEASE go away?! I'm sick of having you in my body all the time.

Love,
me.

Dear fireheart,

I know the feeling. :( :hug:

--RP