PDA

View Full Version : Membership has its privileges

freeatlast
04-07-2008, 10:33 PM
I am so happy that I avidly read the posts every day to see exactly what kind of SCs are out there. I have been looking for a new job since being downsized from the mail order music club last December. Last week, my brother called me and was very excited that he thought he found the perfect job for me to try for. Comcast always has postings on the job boards for customer service and he thought that would be perfect for me. After I quit laughing, I told him that the only way I would try for that job is if it is the only thing standing between me and starvation. I told him about the posts I have read on this site regarding just how sucky cable customers can be. Since I still have a few months of unemployment money left (as well as a good chunk of my separation bonus,) I told him that I appreciate his suggestion but I think I will keep looking. If a had not been a member of this site, I probably would have blindly applied for just that job. And since I am not one to admit defeat, I would have stuck with it for years (just like the music club) while hating every minute of it.:D

RetailWorkhorse
04-07-2008, 10:57 PM
So you saved your sanity, congrats. Not many people can actually put up with that kind of hell, and the ones that can totally deserve a medal or something.

BlaqueKatt
04-08-2008, 01:33 AM
Not many people can actually put up with that kind of hell, and the ones that can totally deserve a medal or something.

where's my medal*-last friday was my 3 years in call-center hell day-um yay!?

I prefer sharp and pointy metal for no bad reasons of course :whistle:

RetailWorkhorse
04-08-2008, 02:42 AM
where's my medal*-last friday was my 3 years in call-center hell day-um yay!?

I prefer sharp and pointy metal for no bad reasons of course :whistle:

I have a butter knife, will that work?

Becks
04-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Blaque, I'll lend you my bodice daggar if you promise to give it back.

Soulstealer
04-09-2008, 12:46 AM
Blaque, I'll lend you my bodice daggar if you promise to give it back.

Make sure she cleans it first Becky ;)

Becks
04-09-2008, 03:02 AM
Yeah, I'm not especially fond of strangers' DNA on my stuff.

CancelMyService
04-09-2008, 05:54 AM
Working for the cable company has been by FAR the best job I've had (all previous had been retail), and it's where I plan to make a career out of. Not answering the phones, but in the company itself.

The pay is decent, the benefits are out of this world, and the SCs are usually more hilarious/crazy than headache inducing.

Just my :2cents:

Broomjockey
04-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Yeah, I'm not especially fond of strangers' DNA on my stuff.

Do they talk when they bring you the food? Are the kitchen staff talking? Do the servers talk when they pick up the food? Then congratulations, you have foreign DNA on your food.

Andara Bledin
04-09-2008, 08:14 PM
I think she was more referring to the possibility of, say, vital fluids remaining on the dagger she was going to be lending.

^-.-^

Broomjockey
04-09-2008, 08:48 PM
I think she was more referring to the possibility of, say, vital fluids remaining on the dagger she was going to be lending.

^-.-^

>_>
<_<
:o
But in that case, what weapon *doesn't* look better with some blood on it? *retreats*

Becks
04-10-2008, 02:00 AM
Do they talk when they bring you the food? Are the kitchen staff talking? Do the servers talk when they pick up the food? Then congratulations, you have foreign DNA on your food.

I know, but...

Yeah, that would be it.

Soulstealer
04-10-2008, 08:49 AM
But in that case, what weapon *doesn't* look better with some blood on it? *retreats*

I'd agree but the police seem to like blood too. It's very inconvient.

Becks
04-10-2008, 02:51 PM

One that hides in my cleavage, actually. :p

tropicsgoddess
04-10-2008, 07:33 PM
To the OP, :salute:. I have to commend you for staying that long in SC hell.

Ironclad Alibi
04-10-2008, 10:16 PM
One that hides in my cleavage, actually. :p

Did someone say something about photos being needed? :devil:

Oh wait, BeckySunshine (http://www.csalbum.com/viewpics.php?uid=18) is in the CSAlbum (http://www.csalbum.com/gallery.php?p=1), but I didn't see the dagger. It must be well hidden.

Becks
04-11-2008, 02:59 AM
Actually, I didn't have the weaponry at the time.

Maybe I should update.

Bella_Vixen
04-12-2008, 02:38 AM
Oh wait, BeckySunshine (http://www.csalbum.com/viewpics.php?uid=18) is in the CSAlbum (http://www.csalbum.com/gallery.php?p=1), but I didn't see the dagger. It must be well hidden.

I also have a cleavage dagger...and my pic is in the album.

:angel:

Andara Bledin
04-12-2008, 06:23 AM
My pic isn't in the official album. But it is in the other album.

I have a bodice dagger, but I wasn't wearing it there while playing pool.

^-.-^