PDA

View Full Version : Things Turn...interesting. Churchlady part2.

repsac
09-16-2006, 03:45 AM
Yeah, I know. New thread. Well, I kinda felt this deserved it's own post. It's...strange.

So, let's see. When last we left, I had been evicted and thought I'd move out monday. Ended up spending most of yesterday, and today packing the things up and moving out. All I left behind was the counter. (yes, I took that too. It wasn't attached really) and some chairs and a desk. Oh, and my safe.

I'm putting this into a timeline so it makes sense. I've thought how to write it out and, it just ends up confusing. Heck, I'm still confused.

9:00 Get roused from sleep by the phone. It's Lawyer. He says that churchlady's pastor want's to speak with me. Asks if I can be there before 10.

9:45 ish. Get to the office only to meet Lawyer, Landlord, and Pastor. Landlord isn't happy with me. He wants to know why she got arrested. Turns out, he only evicted me after finding out the charges stuck. I think he expected me to drop them. Pastor turns out to be a cool guy though. He appologizes for her. (This wasn't the same guy she had with her. I'm betting that one was her hubby) Pastor want's to know if there's anything he can do to help. I decline. I'm better off without the help.

Pastor hints there could be trouble though. Churchlady was threatening to picket the store front. Suggests that I avoid the shop today. Just to be safe.

10:00 Curiosity up, I head over that way. Get a phone call from Lawyer asking if I want him to send cops to watch me. Nah, it's just some biddys with signs (if anyone is there). What's the worst they could do?

11:00 Reach the shop. As I expected, no one is there. Head inside and take a screwdriver to the counter.

11:30 Start hearing strange sounds out front. Peek over counter to see churchlady and about six other women standing out front with picket signs. Oh fun. Consider telling them they're late, but no, I've work to do.

12:00 (around) Get the counter dissassembled, and now have to carry it out past them. They try to get in my way, but I just ignore them. The counter gets loaded when one woman blocks my path. Screams at me. Ducking about I head back inside but make sure to lock the door behind me. Somehow, I thought if I ignored, they'd go away. I was wrong.

1:00 they're gone. However, I see their cars at Burger King. Oh yeah. Lunch break. Consider heading there for mine but wish not to make a scene. I use the lull to take the safe out to the truck and then spend the next thirty minutes trying to figure out how to get the heavy thing in the back. End up leaving it there. I'll deal with it later. too heavy to steal anyway.

1:30 on the dot. Churchlady and friends return. Spot the safe. Some stare, others actually walk over and try to push it over. I enjoy the show and then ignore them. Back to cleaning.

Fifteen minutes later, ladies give up on heavy safe. Which is a shame. May have been easier on me had they knocked it over. Darn.

2:00 I'm bored. And hungry. That safe stares at me. Picking up the phone I call a friend of mine to come help. Someone outside sees this and they link arms. "You can't have us arrested" I hear one say. I think, they think I'm calling the cops. Truth be known, I'm having fun.

Friend arrives shortly there after, dressed in black. With makeup. He looks...evil. He's even got yellow contacts in. The crowd PARTS around him. This could be useful. Remind me to dress that way next time I have to face a crowd of biddies.

2:30 We head outside to manhandle in the safe. Actually manage to get one of the biddies to help since the thing is heavy. Churchlady spouts religious phrases at me and screams. She looks to be having an appolectic fit. With the safe in, it's only the last few things. Those take a few minutes to load. With buddy there, they avoid us for the most part. Just stand back and scream.

3:00 Mischief. Shop's cleaned out, and Goody's called the cops. Cops are out in force and start asking me questions. Then they turn to churchlady. After a few moments of listening the officer asks if she has a permit to demonstrate. She claims she doesn't need one. Officer asks politely for her to come. She refuses. Officer suggests that if she doesn't come, it's resisting arrest. She leaves. The crowd remains. Tenacious buggers.

3:15 Store's locked up, cleaned and i'm leaving. One biddy turns to me and asks. "Do you have anything to say for yourself?" now that the ringleader is going back to jail. "Yeah." I say. "Hail Satan!" buddy and I listen to metallica VERY loudly. The ladies look to be near on heartattacks.

6:00 Sitting at home bored. Lawyer calls, trying not to laugh. Pastor wants to see me...again. (Oh lord...I screwed up.) When I get to the office, he's fit to be tied. Not mad, but laughing. It seems, I made a dent. Pastor felt the Hail Satan, while a bit over the top, was fitting. He hands me a white envelope. Inside is a check. 2500 dollars. To make up (as he puts it) for the trouble I've been through. Says that he's also going to be giving a special sermon sunday, and wants to know what I think.

Sermon will be on persecution of the innocent. Featuring the story of a poor young shopkeeper who was driven from his business by a woman who was so over zealous that she went looking for the devil; without realising that she was doing his work.

Pastor makes me laugh in the end, by asking me to come to the sermon. Only if I promise not to tell her Hail Satan.

I'm tempted. Really tempted to do it. :devil:

lordlundar
09-16-2006, 04:07 AM
2:00 I'm bored. And hungry. That safe stares at me. Picking up the phone I call a friend of mine to come help. Someone outside sees this and they link arms. "You can't have us arrested" I hear one say. I think, they think I'm calling the cops. Truth be known, I'm having fun.

"Wanna bet? That's entrapment!"

repsac
09-16-2006, 04:18 AM
I dunno. Maybe I am evil, but for some reason, that little perverted bone in my body kept wishing one of them would push the safe over on their foot. That thing is HEAVY. Though, knowing my luck they'd find a reason to sue me for it.

ArenaBoy
09-16-2006, 04:28 AM
That pastor did a very cool thing for you. I also like the fact that he is going to preach that sermon too. I'd like to see the look on churchlady's face. Bonus points for metal music driving them nuts.;) Your friend was very badass too by the way.

repsac
09-16-2006, 04:42 AM
He works at a hot topic. That's normal :D I'll pass it on though.

Horsetuna
09-16-2006, 05:37 AM
I wish i could attend the sermon

See if you can get your buddy to go too maybe :)

RogueOne
09-16-2006, 08:12 AM
Reps, this is getting good. Hell, you could probably get a TV-movie with this stuff.

Sandman
09-16-2006, 02:04 PM
*starts to clap*

BRAVO! BRAVO! You got me laughing!

CaroPhoenix
09-16-2006, 02:15 PM
I say go to the sermon! Heck! Sit in the front row or at least somewhere near where Churchlady is sitting along with her friends! Maybe the preacher will have you stand up or something.

At least go so you can give us some more entertaining updates! *snarfs*

Moirae
09-16-2006, 03:27 PM
rofl. That's fantastic. I like the pastor. The woman's a real nut.

XCashier
09-16-2006, 03:27 PM
Sermon will be on persecution of the innocent. Featuring the story of a poor young shopkeeper who was driven from his business by a woman who was so over zealous that she went looking for the devil; without realising that she was doing his work.

Pastor makes me laugh in the end, by asking me to come to the sermon.
Yeah, I think you should go. I'd love to see the CBF on Churchlady as he's relating the sermon. Maybe her entire face will implode?

You, meanwhile, can sit and wave cheerily at her. :wave:

Myra
09-16-2006, 03:40 PM
Man, is the first part of this story on here somewhere? Somehow, I managed to miss it! I've got to read the beginning! Religious nuts like this always make me smile.

That pastor seemed like he had his head on straight. Most normal Christians can realize when another one isn't quite right. Hopefully he had a few words with the crazy lady.

Argabarga
09-16-2006, 03:49 PM
The lady is a psycho, thank goodness someone is stepping forward to try and make it right.

The person I'm the most pissed off at is the landlord though, can't help there being crazy people in the world, but what kind of a person would cave in to a crazy person's demands like that and kick you out? Probably best in the long run that you find a more reasonable person to rent space from

MystyGlyttyr
09-16-2006, 05:42 PM
Has anyone nominated War Story yet? This is getting too good not to be.

Go to the sermon! Just remember to dress nice and comb your hair and all that stuff. Play the picture of a perfect Christian angel. Believe me, THAT will mess with her WAYYYY more than doing anything evil.

LostMyMind
09-16-2006, 06:05 PM
:rotflmao: Wow, repsac. The pastor sounds very much like my brother-in-laws (I got 3 of them that are pastors).

I would actually suggest not to go. Probably will make the nut case focus on you and not hear the pastor.

flybye023
09-16-2006, 06:16 PM
Man, is the first part of this story on here somewhere? Somehow, I managed to miss it! I've got to read the beginning! Religious nuts like this always make me smile.

I found it:p

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=2762

Myra
09-16-2006, 06:38 PM
Thank you!!!

AFpheonix
09-16-2006, 07:12 PM
Oh, but he alluded to more in that thread. What else had she done previously?

Gurndigarn
09-16-2006, 07:52 PM
6:00 Sitting at home bored. Lawyer calls, trying not to laugh. Pastor wants to see me...again. (Oh lord...I screwed up.) When I get to the office, he's fit to be tied. Not mad, but laughing. It seems, I made a dent. Pastor felt the Hail Satan, while a bit over the top, was fitting. He hands me a white envelope. Inside is a check. 2500 dollars. To make up (as he puts it) for the trouble I've been through. Says that he's also going to be giving a special sermon sunday, and wants to know what I think.

Ah, good. It's nice to find preachers who, like, understand the Bible, rather than using it to hit people over the head with.

Banrion
09-16-2006, 08:24 PM
The beginning: http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=2762
Part 2: http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=2881
For those who missed it and have been looking.

JustAGirl
09-16-2006, 08:51 PM
I hope that pastor looks at her pointedly as he is stating that sermon

LOL oh man, stick it to her !!

csdrone
09-17-2006, 01:31 AM
Sweet! I love a happy ending! And a pastor with a clue! (Maybe a frozen salmon of common sense as a sermon tool: :salmon:). Have fun at church! I like the idea of dressing really nicely and sitting politely through church: it will melt the rest of the SC's brains. :angel:

Primer
09-17-2006, 10:24 PM
Has anyone nominated War Story yet? This is getting too good not to be.

Only the mods can do that, but I sure smell the tang of vinegar!

Rapscallion
09-17-2006, 11:41 PM
Anyone can can nominate. The procedure for doing so is explained in the sticky thread in the War Story forum.

Rapscallion

Lehk
09-18-2006, 02:41 AM
i would suggest delivering a letter explaining the relevant points of your interaction with the landlord to everyone else who rents from that landlord warning them that he is a spineless toad who will evict you if any irate customers threaten to picket

Trishlovesdolphins
09-18-2006, 03:05 AM
THAT shoud be a war stories!!!!!!!
that's cool dude, i;m happy for you!... well, not happy... but pleased you at least got a good laugh and 2500 bucks outta it

KuzcoLlama
09-18-2006, 03:13 AM
THAT shoud be a war stories!!!!!!!

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=71

mrtauntaun
09-19-2006, 03:18 PM
So did you go to the sermon?

Customer Beating Robot
09-19-2006, 04:35 PM
I am sorry. I have read the entire story from the beginning and the one thing that keeps standing out is your own inability to "handle" this woman. From job to job, this woman just won't leave you alone. You seem to be willing to put up with her. I can't fathom what you are thinking, unless of course this lady is hot in a "middle aged woman" sort of way. You have so many options available to you. You could sue her for harrassement. You could have her arrested. You could actually take action AGAINST her. I just don't understand where you are coming from with the way you are handling it by just ignoring it.

This reminds me of the guy that gets picked on everyday in high school by the exact same person, unwilling to stand up to the bully. All it takes is one good hit and they will leave you alone. I am not saying physically hit her, but do something equivalent. She picks on you because you won't fight back. And that only encourages her to keep harrassing you. You make her life hell everytime she makes yours hell, and she will get tired of going to jail. She is having fun, because she can take it out on you and there are no consequences. She seems to be following you around and runining your life. She may even ruin your business, and you don't seem to even care. Unless you move to the other side of the country, chances are good that she will track you down.

As far as your landlord, you are WAY too calm about it. He is a jerk and I would sue him. Sure you don't have an agreement, but a lot of times civil suits are used just to make someone's life hell. This landlord needs to learn to fear you as much as any church group. You just don't seem to respect yourself enough to understand that you are getting trampled on. You seem like the woman who refuses to leave her abusive boyfriend. No one can help you unless you want to help yourself. And in a way, failure to fight back means that a person gets what they deserve.

(Sorry, I think you are a nice guy and I don't want to start anything with you. I just can't understand why you are being so timid about all this.)

Myra
09-19-2006, 04:56 PM
I don't think it's because he's timid, he probably feels the psycho isn't worth his time or effort. But if I were him, and I set up shop somewhere else and she showed up again, I'd be taking action. I'd take action now, but I can see where he'd think that no matter what he did, it probably wouldn't make a dent.

However, this lady was effing with his livelihood. In the very least, I'd take issue with the landlord. That was some serious B.S. right there.

MadMike
09-19-2006, 06:00 PM
I am not saying physically hit her, but do something equivalent. She picks on you because you won't fight back. And that only encourages her to keep harrassing you. You make her life hell everytime she makes yours hell, and she will get tired of going to jail. She is having fun, because she can take it out on you and there are no consequences. She seems to be following you around and runining your life. She may even ruin your business, and you don't seem to even care. Unless you move to the other side of the country, chances are good that she will track you down.

I believe that in one particular installment of the story, he did tell her off, and the cops did threaten to arrest her at one point.

Customer Beating Robot
09-19-2006, 08:22 PM
Telling her off and threatening arrest is good but personally, I would get a restraining order against her and then follow her around town. Every store she goes into, I would go into and all the cops on her. (It all depends on who was there first, but people are rarely going to remember that she came in first.) Do this all day for a few days, and she will get sick of you. Harrass her or take at the very least push back when she pushes. Not just once, but every single time.

I am just saying to go on the offensive. From one of the posts, this lady is suspected of causing you to fall at Lowe's. She has the potential to actually do you harm. Yes she is a psycho in the literal sense. Although you may laugh at her, she is very very dangerous. Of course, this is America and you are free to do as you choose.

repsac
09-20-2006, 01:23 AM
THat's the thing though (excuse typos. Laptop)

I can't honestly say she pushed. Just as I can't say she didn't. I'm putting serious distance between she and I, almost 100 miles total, if you figure the distance from the store I worked at, and where I'm hoping to open spring of next year.

OH, good news. (side note) I was approved for director status on youtube. Expect to see some movies coming soon! I've started writing on one centered around here:)

Eireann
09-20-2006, 11:58 AM
I would never harass someone in return for harassment. If someone's that crazy - and it sounds like this woman is - you STAY AWAY. I agree that a restraining order is a very good idea, but following her around is NOT. For one thing, this is also harassment/stalking. The police and her pastor are on repsac's side now; they would soon get sick of him if he mimicked her antics. And she would claim to be the victim of "evil". Psychos just don't think the way other people do. In her mind, she's completely justified to do what she's been doing. If she got that sort of behavior in return, she'd escalate to something truly dangerous.

protege
09-20-2006, 01:31 PM
I would never harass someone in return for harassment. If someone's that crazy - and it sounds like this woman is - you STAY AWAY. I agree that a restraining order is a very good idea, but following her around is NOT. For one thing, this is also harassment/stalking.

In cases like this, it's not a good idea to "fight fire with fire." I'd avoid the nutjob. However, be aware that restraining orders are usually worthless. Sure, it's a good idea in principle, but rarely do they accomplish much. What I mean is, suppose the bitch (putting it nicely) shows up at your house? By the time the cops show up, she could be long gone, and it would just be your word against hers. Keep in mind too, that they usually won't bust her unless she actually does something. Also, suppose she finds out your favorite hangouts, and decides to frequent them? If you'd even set foot in there, *you* would be violating the order!

How do I know this? My then-gf and I went through this crap at college. Before we started dating, she was with a real piece of crap. This guy treated her like shit--he would beat her, follow her around, and was just a prick. After she dumped him, he just wouldn't go away. He'd call her house at night, and would sometimes show up outside any building she had classes in. No matter what she said, he just wouldn't go away. It took an order from the college police banning him from campus, plus a restraining order against him. Neither worked, since he simply claimed he "lived nearby." He'd tail us when we went out--we'd be at a restaurant or even in the park, and he'd be watching us. Things got so bad, we had to go to the next town over simply to hang out.

However, I dealt with him. He showed up at her place for her nephew's birthday. After lunch, she and I were in the kitchen cleaning things up...and I let it slip that if I caught him, or found out that he'd hurt her...I'd kill him. As soon as I said that, I stuck the knife I was holding into the counter. That got results--I'm sure he shit his pants as he was running away from the house! But, I got results--he never bothered her after that. Later though, he got arrested for getting a 13-year-old girl pregnant :eek: and is (or was) in jail.

The police and her pastor are on repsac's side now; they would soon get sick of him if he mimicked her antics. And she would claim to be the victim of "evil". Psychos just don't think the way other people do. In her mind, she's completely justified to do what she's been doing. If she got that sort of behavior in return, she'd escalate to something truly dangerous.

Exactly. Psychos are truly not right. They see themselves as a 'victim' and will do whatever it takes to solve problems, and will resort to violence. They will do things for a reaction...and when they get a response, they'll claim they were the "true victim." In other words, if they don't get their way... Look out!

mrtauntaun
09-20-2006, 01:58 PM
But did you go to the sermon?!? :)

friendofjimmyk
09-20-2006, 02:08 PM
That pastor did a very cool thing for you. I also like the fact that he is going to preach that sermon too. I'd like to see the look on churchlady's face. Bonus points for metal music driving them nuts.;) Your friend was very badass too by the way.

I am willing to bet that it goes over this woman's head.

RecoveringKinkoid
09-20-2006, 02:40 PM
If she is a stalker, and it sounds like she is, you should not have anything to do with her. You should not even speak to her...not even to tell her to leave you alone. Treat it like a stalking situation and get the cops involved.

BTW, a restraining order is useless. You can get one, but all it will do is give the cops something else to charge her with when (not if, WHEN) she violates it. A friend of mine got beaten up on her front lawn in broad daylight by a guy she had a restraining order against.

lordlundar
09-20-2006, 02:53 PM
Telling her off and threatening arrest is good but personally, I would get a restraining order against her and then follow her around town. Every store she goes into, I would go into and all the cops on her. (It all depends on who was there first, but people are rarely going to remember that she came in first.) Do this all day for a few days, and she will get sick of you. Harrass her or take at the very least push back when she pushes. Not just once, but every single time.

And then repsac's no better than her, and could very well wind up getting arrested himself. Not only are you suggesting he commit criminal harrasment, but also giving false information to the police. Should he get caught, then he'll be the one behind bars.

As it stands, rep's in the best possible situation here. She's got a criminal record, and is noted by her own church. Both of which has a pretty damning situation if she tries again. As well, rep has something against the landlord if he needs to. Why screw all that up for some petty revenge? Taking the high road is the better choice. Every encounter she does is just another chunk of soil from that hole she's digging.

Nutjob R/T
08-12-2007, 09:54 PM
So did you ever catch that sermon, or a transcript thereof?