PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft

Pages : [1] 2

karath
06-19-2008, 07:24 AM
Well, in a few earlier threads references have been made to possibly rerolling our world of warcraft characters on a new server with our CS comrades...and I thought it was high time an official thread began on that subject. I'm quite willing to create a new char (getting some drama in my current guild, a fresh start would be welcome)...so what do you guys think?

I assume we'd be playing on an oceanic server for our friends across the pond, but should it be pvp, pve, rp...and I'm sure there are a few more things you guys can add on the subject that my sleep-deprived brain can't conceive. Let it begin!

NightAngel
06-19-2008, 07:39 AM
I won't be playing or anything but I think PvP is the way to go... as long as CS.com isn't bombarded with, "I PWNED U" threads. :D

Geek King
06-19-2008, 07:07 PM
I don't really care for the PvP servers, as the majority of the a**holes tend to congregate there. I'd put in a vote for an RP or PvE server. Not terribly picky though, so I'll play on about anything.

Sarlon
06-19-2008, 07:45 PM
I agree to the RP or PVE servers...I'm on a PVP server and only survive because I head to the areas that are low density of PVP activity.

Gravekeeper
06-20-2008, 03:06 AM
I don't really care for the PvP servers, as the majority of the a**holes tend to congregate there. I'd put in a vote for an RP or PvE server. Not terribly picky though, so I'll play on about anything.

Amen. I won't touch pvp servers. Especially not in WoW which has a very high asshole density to begin with.

karath
06-20-2008, 08:29 AM
So so far, it seems like RP or PvP have been chosen (I'm currently playing on a pvp server...I'm not sure why I decided to quest in hillsbrad, but MAN did i regret that)...oceanic rp or pve, then? If anyone is dedicated enough to look up a good server for one of those, please let us know :)

I assume we would be going horde?

Plaidman
06-20-2008, 09:59 AM
Heh. I may have to finally break down and get a card.

Now here the thing though. We could go PVP. If anything that if we all play... I'd love to see the entire horde of CSers going after said slayer. After all, aren't most WoWers customers in a way?

Sarlon
06-20-2008, 01:14 PM
alright...now that we've somewhat agreed to a server type (I'll look into server's when i get home), who wants to play what?

I've personally got experience in most of the end game instances with most of the new stuff save for ZA.

I'd be willing to play holy priest...but if we want to be an effective group we need tank, DPS, CC, and ranged DPS.

I'm currently working on my 3rd level 70...and have leveled 2 healers (one paladin and one priest), and 1 rogue. Personally I'd prefer to stay away from tanking as I heal better, or cause massive amounts of damage quickly.

Geek King
06-20-2008, 08:28 PM
I'm familer with stealth rogue up to level 70. I'd have no issues making another, or I could go with something else. Mage or Warlock maybe. I'm not much of a main-tank, sadly, but I could play with making a DPS fighter/sub tank.

Oh, one more thing---the biggie: Horde or Alliance? ;)

Aethian
06-20-2008, 09:21 PM
I like making BElf's myself.

Fire_on_High
06-20-2008, 10:22 PM
Count me in. I make a fair survival hunter or a kickass enhancement shammy, but I've tried anything and would consider anything but feral druid as needed.

Sarlon
06-21-2008, 03:39 AM
I hate to admit this...but horde does seem to be less filled with whiney 12 year old gits...(sorry brits...I like that word!) though spend enough time in the barrens and I'll be proved wrong...though its GREAT fun to start conversations that get the blood boiling...then leaving the channel ^_^

Anywho...I regress....erm...digress... >.>I'm all for making of the horde...though FIRST person to make a Belf paladin gets locked in a room full of EW and SCs for 2 hours.

I have a thing against Belf paladins...I took a paladin (human) from 1 to 70 in 3 years....and got alot of unfriendly ribbing because of it...calling me soft (never mind I out healed a holy specced priest in full tier 4 gear >.>). and suddenly its not such a big thing since BOTH sides have paladins. Course...I'm also against alliance having shamans too...that was ALWAYS the distinct feature between the horde and alliance and Blizzard in their typical laziness....just gave in to easily.

ok...getting off my :soapbox: now....

Gravekeeper
06-21-2008, 04:19 AM
I fully agree, the Alliance is full of complete farktards, kids, arseholes and raging idiots that think "Teamwork" means screaming at your group to heal you after you've pulled roughly 17 times the aggro your group could safely handle and have done so somewhere off screen so they have no idea of the impending doom that descends upon them.

I've always vastly preferred playing my Horde characters. I had a 60 lock, then when we started playing again we went Alliance and I finally gave up on my 54 Hunter and went back and rolled a new Horde character because I could NOT take dealing with the average Alliance playing anymore. ><

Not to say there aren't smart players on the Alliance, you'll just never find them because like me, they're off somewhere hiding in an instance with 1 or 2 friends from outside of the game that they KNOW aren't fucktards. ;p

Horsetuna
06-21-2008, 04:26 AM
I'm an Alliance player preferably, but once I get my WoW account going again I'd love to join in as a Blood Elf Paladin!

I wont do PvP though

Sarlon
06-21-2008, 04:30 AM
most interesting player I EVER met on wow...was a mage named Cogitatus on the server Earthen Ring (US server). Interesting fellow....he invented the process (pre expansion) to get the quest item from behind the baron (in scholomance) in the last 6 rooms...without ANYONE dying.

just take 1 mage that takes his name to seriously (don't know what i mean? look up the word cogitation (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cogitation))add in "group's wiped to many times, we need to call it" and 2 whiney people saying "but we just need the last deed from the baron!"....REALLY long discuss short....he found out the exact distance needed to cast 2 different portals out of there....he pulls the baron and the 2 skeleton guards, and kites them out, while the players grab the deeds, and use the second portal (right in the room with the Baron) to get out...once he heard everyone out (we were on Ventrilo), he used the other portal, to get himself out...no deaths, quest item got, and everyone happy...and much laughter ensuing from SASU.

Nakajo
06-21-2008, 07:23 AM
Oh, I am SO getting in on this. Gimme server name, and which side we're doing and Nakajo will be there faster than you can say "murloc".

F&$#ing murlocs.

Sarlon
06-21-2008, 09:30 PM
my only thing is I don't have internet at home yet :(so my playing would be vastly sporadic...only reason I'm on so much this week is because I'm at my parents house...but so help me if I put on WoW on my dad's computer, I'd be killed ><

AsatruThorsman
06-22-2008, 12:22 AM
Oh, one more thing---the biggie: Horde or Alliance? ;)

Horde, definitely. Alliance are too goody-goody.
:lol:

Horsetuna
06-22-2008, 12:24 AM
I'll tank either way. I 'LOVE tanking!

Even if I die anyways, I giggle insanely while it happens, and I just love to wade into it and just fire off spell after spell and hack hack hack!

Now if only I could get my CC to work, so I can resubscribe. SOB!

Plaidman
06-22-2008, 11:22 PM
Alright. Overwealming support for horde, and a PVE. (It being an RP or not needs to be decided).
Now the only thing we all need is a server. Oceanianc might be best so all can play. Any ideas on WHICH server peeps?

I bought my gamecard.
I wanna go Horde myself. Possibly a Forsaken, or Orc.

Horsetuna
06-22-2008, 11:36 PM
*cries* Credit card number no workie. No WoW yet for me. Sniffle.

Sarlon
06-23-2008, 01:44 AM
I'm volenterring to play either a rogue, or a priest (would REALLY prefer a DPS sword rogue...I'm good at it). As I'm in the middle of leveling a holy priest right now...yes people I'm trying something INSANELY difficult...soloing a full holy specced priest on a PVP server....so far so good...I'm at 67.

Aethian
06-23-2008, 01:55 AM
So what server is this?

Plaidman
06-23-2008, 02:27 AM
So what server is this?

We've yet to decide.

Sarlon: What is your avatar? If I'm correct in a webcomic, with an evil necromancer, and a elf paladin, I'm trying to remember the name of that.

If I'm wrong. Where's it from?

Anthony K. S.
06-23-2008, 03:29 AM
Oh, I am totally on board for this, too. :D

Alright. Overwealming support for horde, and a PVE. (It being an RP or not needs to be decided).
Now the only thing we all need is a server. Oceanianc might be best so all can play. Any ideas on WHICH server peeps?

I just logged onto World of Warcraft, and from where I am, I can only see 10 Oceanic Realms - five Normal and five PvP, but no RP or RP-PvP.

As Plaidman pointed out, it seems fairly clear that PvE is the way to go, so we have five choices : Dath'Remar, Khaz'goroth, Nagrand, Aman'Thul, and Caelestrasz.

(Boy, are those Realm names ever hard to spell!)

There doesn't seem to be much to choose between them, although I noted that Aman'Thul and Caelestrasz were both "Full," while the other three Realms had "Low" populations.

I've always preferred less-crowded servers, myself, so I'd suggest going with one of the first three.

With nothing else to go on, I would probably opt for Nagrand . . . for the sole reason that it's an easier name to remember and type than the other two. ;)

I'm mainly an Alliance player myself, but I'm perfectly willing to play with the Horde, since that's what everybody else seems to prefer.

I generally like to play Hunter, Mage, or Warlock, but I have no particular preferences for character types otherwise.

Here's a thought . . . Would it be worthwhile to set up a Social Group on this board specifically for this?

That way, we could always have a list of active players on hand and our own separate message forum for this game. We would know at a glance exactly who is a part of this, what they're doing, and if any particular player has something planned (and might need help from other players for).

I would be willing to set up a Social Group for this myself, if others here think it's a good idea as well.

I also note that, by my count, there are at least eleven people already on board here. That's enough to form our own Guild right from the start, if you folks think that would be worthwhile, too.

Opinions, anyone?

Plaidman
06-23-2008, 03:34 AM
I'm all for it. Hell, I bought a game card just to join up. Heck, I got lucky it was on sale too. 27.99 for 60 days. Comes with the 10 day pass. (Anyone want?)

I like social groups. We need more. I'd join it. I also go for Nog..ra ... Whatever that one was.

Fire_on_High
06-23-2008, 04:44 AM
Ok, since someone else called hunter, and I really don't want to end up drafted as a healer, I'll make an Arms Warrior...I've been wanting to try out Orc lately anyway.

Narrow down which server so I can start working on the ugly lug already :-)

Slytovhand
06-23-2008, 09:04 AM
Hey gangsters...

I thought I'd throw in my 2cents worth...

There's actually another MAJOR issue that hasn't been breached yet... times.

Not much point saying "ok, here's the server, and here's what everyone is going to be" if you can't meet up and do it all. Trust me, I know (doing graveyard shifts on weekends!!)

Secondly - I am (or at least, was, before taking my leave of absence) 2IC (though we call it GM) of a guild on Nagrand Alliance server. Didn't have a lot of members (about 120).

So yes, from what I hear, it was a pretty quiet server, though there were a stack heading over to there when I left (and you could see it in the AH).
Not that it really matters too much... I don't have any real wanting to return to the guild itself... a couple of kids and therefore the kiddies bitchiness. By the same token, met up with some really good ppl there!!! The 2 of us who where the head GM's (the real GM wasn't on much, so he gave it to us...) were quite of 1 mind.

Anyway... I had a 70 stealth rogue, til I respecced to combat sword. My biggest issue with that was occasionally I forgot to stealth in instances :p :blush: But.. I did get some good compliments with how I did things :D I couldn't deal with my sword rogue though... didn't have the right swords :(

Also had a 35 Pally - but that was to play with my mate - who was a 35 pally as well (I healed, he hit).

Horde... tried it.. hated Barrens chat. (I've also got a couple of lower level alts for them, but more ally's).

If I went in, and we did horde, I'd probably try Tauren DPS Warr. Although, I there's classes and races I haven't tried yet, either.

Is it for fun? or more serious world domination?? (thus, play what you know, or play something different?)

Slyt(ovhand.... my 70 rogue's name :D)

Slytovhand
06-23-2008, 09:11 AM
Oh - had to add... Alliance has it's barren equivalent... it's called Elwynn Forest! <grrrr>

Fenrus
06-23-2008, 10:14 AM
Heh, Elwynn... or Westfall... or Darkshore on bad days.. heh, I found a lot worse zones in the Alliance side than I did horde...

ShadedWings
06-23-2008, 11:20 AM
Ooh ... oooh!! Mememe! *wiggles like a puppy*

Hmm. Oceanic = European, yes? Just checking. ;)

Myself and my BF would be more than happy to hop in this pool. We both have levelled to 70 a shaman, I've done a rogue to 70, and currently have a hunter and a 'lock in 60s, with various others below. Decent experience with most classes. :) I'm loving my warlock to death though. :D

I'm all for RP or PvE... Usually play Alliance RP (I like to RP now and then! :angel:) but more than willing to go Horde.

Where and when is all we need to know!

*goes back to levelling her feral druid teamed with her BF's holy priest*

Horsetuna
06-23-2008, 01:16 PM
on the topic of times, I think that with a large group we will NEVER Be able to really get anyone on at the same time more than once. Just from experience.

we could run it as a Customerssuck guild though perhaps, have staggered times for running thing so everyone has fun and stuff.

ShadedWings
06-23-2008, 02:25 PM
I think that with a large group we will NEVER Be able to really get anyone on at the same time more than once.

Very true. The more people, the harder it is to get good times, but also the easier it is to find people to group with at the times you can play as well. :)

Slytovhand
06-23-2008, 03:42 PM
Hmm. Oceanic = European, yes? Just checking.
Humour??? Sorry if I missed it, but no, it's Australia, NZ, Sth America, even Japan, Malaysia etc. So, about +12 GMT (often about 15 hours ahead of USA East coast)

Heh, Elwynn... or Westfall... or Darkshore on bad days.. heh, I found a lot worse zones in the Alliance side than I did horde...

Hmmm... yes... Westfall.....

I didn't find Darkshore to be as bad (but then - higher levels...).

but if you think about it, Elwynn, Westfall and Darkshore together is about a similar size to Barrens. And same levels.

Sounds like there's already enough for a guild!

Slyt

(who, btw, while is less likely to jump on and go hunting, is willing to try any class - just might not be good at it :p)

Anthony K. S.
06-23-2008, 04:56 PM
Okay, folks, I went ahead and set up a Social Group specifically for this :

World of Warcraft Gamers, Unite!!! (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=11)

(I certainly hope this all works out . . .)

I figure that once we get this underway, we can use the Social Group to keep each other up-to-date on where we are and what we're doing.

If somebody has a raid planned, or anything else they might need help with, they can post a message on the group's board stating what, where, and when. Hopefully, other players will then see the message and join up if they can.

Fire_on_High
06-23-2008, 10:29 PM
Let's firmly choose a server and get going....we can be running RFC as a group inside of a week easily.

I'm used to playing Aussie hours...my EQ guild is based out of Sydney and once I got dragged over to WoW (Alliance/Kargath) it was many of the same folks, so my guild there tends to hit Kara around 8 on Friday and then do heroics the rest of the night, but generally I can manage to be on anytime.

Anthony K. S.
06-23-2008, 11:08 PM
Let's firmly choose a server and get going....we can be running RFC as a group inside of a week easily.

Very well. I suggested Nagrand, and nobody seems to have offered any objections, so how about we just go with that?

(Just remember, everybody . . . I was the one who suggested Nagrand, but nobody else offered any other ideas. So if Nagrand turns out to be a bad choice, it's not all my fault, okay? ;)

Seriously . . . If Nagrand turns out to be a good choice, then great. If not, we could regroup later and try launching this again on a different server. It wouldn't be easy to start over, but if we really wanted to, we could do it.)

Anthony K. S.
06-23-2008, 11:35 PM
if we want to be an effective group we need tank, DPS, CC, and ranged DPS.

Here's my suggestion :

I think that each player here should create and level up a few different characters (at least two or three). This will increase the chances that a player will be prepared to fill whatever role a particular party will need at any particular time.

As has been pointed out, our schedules will likely vary so widely that it will often be difficult to assemble a large group of us online at any given time.

Also, besides time, we also have to consider location as a factor. If you assemble a team to perform a quest in Durotar and you need a tank . . . It won't do you much good to have a tank player online if his/her tank character is in Tirisfal Glades, now, will it?

If each of us develops a few different characters of different classes, party roles, and in different locations . . .

Then, I think, we will have a fair chance of being able to assemble a good party for whatever task needs to be done at any given time. At any rate, we would certainly have a better chance of that than we would if each player only developed one character in one location.

Fire_on_High
06-23-2008, 11:48 PM
LOL...I've run a ton of tiny hordefolk lately so I can relocate any hordie over lv 4 to any other newbie zone in about 20 min, flat. Yes, even TB to Silvermoon if the Zep isn't at the further point.

Nagrand it is!

Gonna make my DPS warrior first, female Orc named Gnarka. I'll see what else is needed once we get going...I don't care for Undead but I'll make any other race and relocate as needed.

Kali
06-24-2008, 12:27 AM
Sounds good!~ anyone actually started yet? ima log in now.

Fire_on_High
06-24-2008, 12:33 AM
Ya, I'm in til around 10.

Kali
06-24-2008, 12:50 AM
On a rogue called Kallika.

Anthony K. S.
06-24-2008, 01:46 AM
Gonna make my DPS warrior first, female Orc named Gnarka.

On a rogue called Kallika.

And my first character will be a Troll Hunter named Murgain (primarily Ranged DPS, with his pet acting as a Tank).

Anybody else?

Horsetuna
06-24-2008, 02:00 AM
Mine will be a Paladin Blood Elf. Name? Uhh... Blood Lily.

Sarlon
06-24-2008, 02:04 AM
I'll make a priest or a rogue or a hunter. Either will be named Sarlon, or namora, or Talina. if those names are taken I'll repost what I named it and what I made.

Anthony K. S.
06-24-2008, 02:51 AM
There's something else we haven't really talked about yet.

If we wanted to (and if we have enough people on board to do it), we could form our own Guild.

It might make it easier for us to keep track of each other in the game. And eventually, whether by luck or sheer dogged determination, we might be able to accumulate enough money to get ourselves a Guild Tabard and a Guild Bank.

I think it's worth considering.

And if we do create our own Guild, what do you think we should name it?

I keep thinking that the name of the Guild should reflect its origins . . . Namely, this website.

Problem is, the words "customer" and "suck" don't lend themselves particularly well to an appropriate-sounding guild name for a fantasy RPG. Hmmmm . . .

Well, for the guild's name to reflect its origins (this website), it wouldn't necessarily have to reference the website's name. We could name the guild after something or someone significant to this website.

For example, we could name the guild after the person running CS! . . . Like "Rapscallion's Raiders," or some such.

Or "Aces of Diamonds," after one of the most legendary (and greatly-missed) CS! moderators . . . ?

Or we could name it after the person who started it all.

How about "Slugger's Sluggers" . . . ? :D

Sarlon
06-24-2008, 03:12 AM
or Raps Raiders...give people something to think about espically if raps doesn't even play WoW...just confuse people ^_^ and have fun

Nakajo
06-24-2008, 05:42 AM
i'm on. Nakajo be my name.

Plaidman
06-24-2008, 07:09 AM
Colik. Tauren Warrior. My first warrior. Hope I don't suck, but I like him so far. Got him to level 4 before bedtime. Its nice not having to rest after every battle like I did with my Shaman and Mage.

ShadedWings
06-24-2008, 08:35 PM
Guess we won't be playing with you guys then, since our accounts are European. Have fun. :wave:

Fire_on_High
06-25-2008, 12:40 AM
Any of you guys skinners? Will make lowbie weapons to order in exchange for leather to do so.

32 smith, gonna spec weapon/axe later on.

Fire_on_High
06-25-2008, 03:30 AM
After talking with some of the others, I've purchased a guild charter for folks to sign. Don't have enough money for a tab atm but the name is gonna be Brain Bleach.

Anthony K. S.
06-25-2008, 04:56 AM
Guess we won't be playing with you guys then, since our accounts are European. Have fun. :wave:

Too bad. :(

We can't access the European servers from where we are . . . But you could always create your own group on one of those servers.

Are there any other European players here, besides ShadedWings?

Lady Legira
06-26-2008, 01:56 AM
I'm a euro player! ShadedWings and any others we can find can try and set up a group on this side. :D

karath
06-26-2008, 10:17 AM
well, my own thread seems to have left me behind! belf 'lock by the name of Markyxm is entering Nagrand as we speak :)

Kyree
06-26-2008, 02:21 PM
I just ran into this thread this morning. I'm kinda confused, why can't people get onto the oceanic servers? :confused:
And you guys decided on Horde -> Nagrand? Lemme know the guild, I'll make a toon, I'll even make a healer if you guys want :)

Gravekeeper
06-26-2008, 04:06 PM
I just ran into this thread this morning. I'm kinda confused, why can't people get onto the oceanic servers? :confused:
And you guys decided on Horde -> Nagrand? Lemme know the guild, I'll make a toon, I'll even make a healer if you guys want :)

Generally speaking WoW is region locked by your CD key. Separate servers run separate clients ( US vs UK for example. ). Back when I use to play my friend from the UK had to buy a US key online as he couldn't get on the US servers with his UK copy even with some rather creative file editing. The clients tend to be different versions too so even if you can get it working its not overly stable.

Fire_on_High
06-26-2008, 08:18 PM
And you guys decided on Horde -> Nagrand? Lemme know the guild

Yep, we've already started there. I've got a charter just awaiting sigs for the CS guild. Name's Brain Bleach.

Btw, thanks Nakajo!!

Aethian
06-26-2008, 11:01 PM
Funny I have toons on both sets of the servers since my guy is an Aussie and wanted to play when they did. Always thought it was funny that the server he was on was the exact same time it was for me over here. Always playing in the dark, meh.

Kyree
06-26-2008, 11:27 PM
Generally speaking WoW is region locked by your CD key. Separate servers run separate clients ( US vs UK for example. ). Back when I use to play my friend from the UK had to buy a US key online as he couldn't get on the US servers with his UK copy even with some rather creative file editing. The clients tend to be different versions too so even if you can get it working its not overly stable.

Ahhh. I've never had that issue. I have characters on both oceanic and US servers, so I thought everyone had access to them.

After talking with some of the others, I've purchased a guild charter for folks to sign. Don't have enough money for a tab atm but the name is gonna be Brain Bleach.

Let me know when you're on so I can get a guild invite :P

Plaidman
06-27-2008, 05:44 AM
Let me know when you're on so I can get a guild invite :P

Same with me please.

Aethian
06-27-2008, 08:53 PM
I'm on Zajac, BElf, rogue, going to be skinner/leather worker

Fire_on_High
06-28-2008, 12:39 AM
I'll be on in about 15 min to collect more sigs. If all goes well we can get the guild formed tonight.

Chanlin
06-28-2008, 03:59 AM
I've made a character, Skyeline - Forsaken Warrior going to be protection spec and will more than likely be going with Blacksmithing and then armor smithing

Anthony K. S.
06-28-2008, 05:00 PM
The Character Roster has been re-posted. Please look here (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?p=368760#post368760) for the current Roster.

Fire_on_High
06-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Nakajo is a blood elf pally, and Kaate is a priest. I'll be rolling either troll priest or some form of (enhancement...make no mention of healing!!!) shaman tonight since we're glutted with warriors and tank types. My time's gonna be a hair short for a week or so, however...got company coming from Aus in a few days so cleaning and getting things ready.

Zajac, you need to roll me for those pants that you were too full to carry. You need to get a chance at em too but my net died on me last night before we got it sorted. I trust ya....post what you roll and I'll send em if you won lol.

Chanlin
06-28-2008, 09:06 PM
I have a spare 6 slot bag, for some reason bag drops seem to love me, so if someone needs a bag let me know. I will send extras along as I get them if anyone wants.

Also I've taken up blacksmithing. I'm not too high on skill as of yet, but as I go along if anyone needs weapons or mail armor and I have the skill I'm willing to help out that way.

Also as far as the whole second character thing goes, I barely have the time to play one so I probably won't be rolling up a second any time in the near future.

Sarlon
06-28-2008, 09:29 PM
we've got tons of leatherworkers, and blacksmiths...anyone interested in making a tailor? or a enchantor? or a engineer?

Aethian
06-29-2008, 12:00 AM
Gnarka, I had gotten a 1...so ya can keep em.

I'll make a BElf priest and do enchanting/tailor...work on her in just a few minuets.

She is created... Lithiana

Plaidman
06-29-2008, 08:09 AM
Need a bag. I'll do tailoring and skinning. I perfer it really. I just need to get on more.

Hmmm. Sunday will be the day of playing it seems :)

Slytovhand
06-29-2008, 09:12 AM
I know it's early yet, and I also know I haven't even bothered to re-open my account (I work Sunday nights... but anyways)..

I just thought it might be worth doing a re-post of the guild roster to include the trees people are going down.

Btw - I already have a Bull Shammy - about lvl 12 (I think... been a while...)

Slyt

Gravekeeper
06-29-2008, 04:18 PM
I'd just like to point out I hate you all for selecting WoW of all games. ;p

Sarlon
06-29-2008, 07:33 PM
join us!! you know you can't resist the pull forever!

Gravekeeper
06-29-2008, 08:10 PM
join us!! you know you can't resist the pull forever!

Watch me. -.-

If it was any other MMO, sure. But not WoW. Not playing that worthless grindfest crap again, sorry. ><

karath
06-30-2008, 10:27 AM
Oh, for the record...I think I've had the most work done on my professions thus far (and would like to thank my CS buddies for their help :D), but in any case! I'm a tailorer and enchanter and am currently capable of making 8 slot bags, as well as several bracer, chest, and cloak enchantments. Let me know if you guys need anything!

Spiffy McMoron
06-30-2008, 08:25 PM
I thought I'd join in on the fun--I just rolled an Undead Priest named Kelsash. I've never rolled a priest, so I figured it was about time. :)

Geek King
07-01-2008, 12:56 PM
Okay, back from the con. I have a Blood Elf Mage named Malindria. I'll try to hop on during the evenings this week to be available for invite. I'm taking up Jewelcrafting, BTW.

I've noticed that the BE areas were surprisingly low population. Oh well, I'll try to work my way through this week after work.

BTW: Anyone using voice chat? I've got a headset, but I usually don't mess with it.

Horsetuna
07-02-2008, 01:31 AM
ARgh. I can't find the post with the server name in it.

I'm going for a Blood Elf Paladin, Tailor/Herbalist likely. What's the server name again?

Edit: I found the server name, Nagrand but... Under US /and/ oceanic, I can't see it?

Is it cause I'm Canadian?

Sarlon
07-02-2008, 02:35 AM
naw its the oceanic server. You should be able to join us...its only the europe people who can't

Horsetuna
07-02-2008, 02:37 AM
Ahah! found it!

Anyone on right now? I'm BloodLily

Anthony K. S.
07-03-2008, 10:36 PM
The Character Roster has been re-posted. Please look here (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?p=368760#post368760) for the current Roster.

SteeleDragon78
07-04-2008, 03:01 PM
i was waiting to see how many of us actually joined in and now ive decided to throw my shield in the ring.

Drikthas (orc shaman)
professions: skinning/leatherworking talent specialization:(will be) enhancement

i will try to be on as much as possible, i havent been playing much as my current guild is too busy doing 70 raids and such to be much fun for us lowbie chars.

ibor132
07-04-2008, 07:06 PM
OK, what the hell. I don't know how much I'll be around (I have a lot going on on my primary server, Mug'Thol), but I went ahead and created a toon on Nagrand so maybe I can join ya'll once in a while. Mexlor - Troll priest. No idea of professions yet, I'll have to look at the server's economy before I decide.

Sarlon
07-04-2008, 08:21 PM
welcome aboard gentleman (or ladies...) I'm never against helping out people no matter my level.

for the record people I've offically gotten permission from my guild master that we can use his vent server.

Theres one condition, we can't give out the info to ANYONE else, and if he needs it for his guild to run stuff with he has first choice.

Gravekeeper
07-05-2008, 03:54 AM
for the record people I've offically gotten permission from my guild master that we can use his vent server.

Doesn't WoW have built in voicechat anyway?

Sarlon
07-05-2008, 04:23 AM
doesn't always work for some people. My mic works fine, on vent and teamspeak, but does not work under any conditions in WoW. Vent is also free and more private.

Gravekeeper
07-05-2008, 03:14 PM
doesn't always work for some people. My mic works fine, on vent and teamspeak, but does not work under any conditions in WoW. Vent is also free and more private.

Ah, never had any probs with it.

Are folks regularly online now?

Sarlon
07-05-2008, 04:10 PM
I'm on when I'm not working or sleeping...(yeah I don't have much of a social life). except saturday nights...thats reserved for me and my friend's gaming night. I'm getting internet back on Monday, so I should be around alot more often during the morning

Fire_on_High
07-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Ok, due to being gone for the last few days and a desire to simply get it done, I've gone ahead and made mules on my bro and hubby's accounts which brings us to 9. Someone who hasn't signed yet log in and we can be done!

Horsetuna
07-06-2008, 03:13 PM
Mules? I dont get it.

As well, I still need to get signed to the guild charter.

Gravekeeper
07-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Mules? I dont get it.

As well, I still need to get signed to the guild charter.

Characters made just to store items. -.-

If there's actually a fairly regular amount of people online I might hop over. But only if. I despise playing WoW alone. I need someone to talk to to break the sheer redundancy of leveling.

Well, that and you picked an Oceanic server. I bet the ping is wonderful. -.-

Sarlon
07-06-2008, 05:13 PM
as I said grave...I'm on except when I sleep and at work...and saturday nights. as for the having someone to talk to...you can't shut me up sometime

Sarlon
07-06-2008, 07:38 PM
hey guys...I'm looking into transfering my main from another server....shes a 67 holy priest...I want to see what you think before I actually do this.

shes high end tailoring, specialzing in mooncloth. she of course is horde. she'd be a help till we can get some of the others higher level.

Gravekeeper
07-06-2008, 07:54 PM
hey guys...I'm looking into transfering my main from another server....shes a 67 holy priest...I want to see what you think before I actually do this.

That's all I was going to do if I decided to join in. Transfer one of my mid twenties over. Mage probably. I have a 60 lock and 54 hunter somewhere too. But the Warlock disgusts me these days and the Hunter is too high level. ;p

Sarlon
07-06-2008, 08:01 PM
I KNEW you couldn't resist the pull :P join us...you are one of us now! Character transfer is currently being completed...she will be in nagrand before I get home from work! BTW she can make up to 18 slot bags right now.

::EDIT:: I just did the transfer and it will take up to an hour for approval, then it may take a few days for it to be available to play on, on nagrand.

Gravekeeper
07-06-2008, 08:10 PM
I KNEW you couldn't resist the pull :P join us...you are one of us now! Character transfer is currently being completed...she will be in nagrand before I get home from work! BTW she can make up to 18 slot bags right now.

I'm resisting just fine actually considering it'd cost me $40 to pull said stunt between reactivating and moving. ;p

Meanwhile City of Heroes/Villains is an easy $15 -.-

SteeleDragon78
07-07-2008, 01:35 AM
so i remembered why i dont play shamies any more, i rerolled him as a hunter. so now its:

drikthas (orc hunter) will be lw/skin
gonna spec beast

and i also need to sign the guild charter

Fire_on_High
07-07-2008, 12:42 PM
At some point I'll roll Enhancement Shammy then....Gnarka is trying my patience for the moment, so I may put her on hold for a bit til I can afford to gear her or or call in enough favors to get some help for her.

The guild is actually formed now, and officers will be handing out invites as you're logged in.

Update: Komishu, Tauren battle shaman reporting for duty.

technical.angel
07-07-2008, 05:44 PM
I'll be getting on tonight and will create a Blood Elf Hunter.

Name will probably be maiaingeal (I love the Gaelic baby name site!)

Who's giving out invites to the guild?

Sarlon
07-07-2008, 06:08 PM
I've been handing out guild invites as I see people come on that aren't already in the guild. BTW I'm gonna need someone to invite my priest into the guild...

Talino, 67 holy speced priest. She just finished transfering today!

technical.angel
07-07-2008, 06:14 PM
Maiaingeal has been created. Please invite!

technical.angel
07-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the invite, Sarlon!

technical.angel
07-07-2008, 10:04 PM
I'm on, and can invite, so message maiaingeal, and I'll send an invite. (except for the last letter, those are Is not Ls.)

Anthony K. S.
07-08-2008, 02:34 AM

technical.angel
07-08-2008, 10:10 PM
I'm on, and can invite, so message maiaingeal, and I'll send an invite. (except for the last letter, those are Is not Ls.)

At least, I'll be on while the power holds up.

I swear, I live 10 miles away from a nuclear power plant, but the power goes out if it so much as mists.

Aethian
07-10-2008, 02:09 AM
I'm not trying to whine really I'm not. But when someone sends you something through mail like 50 silver to a new player or a nice item that you can use on at or a up and coming level...say thank you. At least once....don't even have to wait till their online a nice little reply mail would be nice.

Out four gold now and not one f'ing thank you.

Horsetuna
07-10-2008, 02:19 AM
Sorry if that was me!

I did receive some stuff from one person, not sure who to be honest (I forget who it was) so thank you!

Aethian
07-10-2008, 04:01 AM
Nope not you.

Sarlon
07-10-2008, 04:13 AM
If it was me, I do appologize...and do thank you from the bottom of my heart for the help you gave me with bags and money on my first toon. I actually can't thank you enough, so again here is my heart felt thanks!

Aethian
07-10-2008, 05:05 AM
It wasn't you either but still thanks both you two. *hugs and snugs*

Bramble
07-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Sigh. As soon as I finish updating Burning Crusade, I'm going to try to transfer my Druid to the server. I forget his name tho.

Ok I've transfered him to the realm. His name is Deadhorn unless I have to change it and he's a level 23 Druid.(Tauren)

Geek King
07-10-2008, 05:12 PM
If I didn't say it online Aethian, thanks for the stuff. I usually send my thanks via goodies though. More stuff to come when I find some tin to make the Bronze-level Jewelry. :D

Fire_on_High
07-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Best of luck...tin seems stupidly rare Hordeside. Then again, we have south Durotar for copper, so I guess it's just how quick we make it to bronze compared to Alliance...

Sarlon
07-10-2008, 08:47 PM
I'm simply amazed on how stupid people are with their gold on WoW. I put a blue level high end Jewelcrafting pattern on the AH that on my old server I couldn't even give away!

I just sold it on this server for 440 gold ><

Edit: I'm online if anyone wants to join me

Bramble
07-10-2008, 09:02 PM
I'd forgotten how crappy the blizzard downloader is. Ahhh the hell with it i'll use fileplanet. I should be on later. And i lied. Deadhorn is level 24 not level 23

technical.angel
07-10-2008, 10:02 PM
I think this was mentioned before, but I have a headset if anyone wants to do voice chat.

SteeleDragon78
07-10-2008, 11:16 PM
i think someone mentioned a vent server in a previous post, but im curious to know if the voice chat has worked for anyone. i tried it a while back but havent had any luck

technical.angel
07-11-2008, 02:12 AM
I've used it once in a group with no problems.

CSR Kim
07-11-2008, 03:32 AM
Well, I got Jenni playing WoW, and my regular server is full up so I guess I'll make a toon on this one and give it a whirl ;) I've got 2 70's on Draenor, and have been playing with my husband for a little over two years.

Just made a BE lock named Megaera, if anyone is on. :)

Spiffy McMoron
07-11-2008, 05:35 AM
I'm not trying to whine really I'm not. But when someone sends you something through mail like 50 silver to a new player or a nice item that you can use on at or a up and coming level...say thank you. At least once....don't even have to wait till their online a nice little reply mail would be nice.

Out four gold now and not one f'ing thank you.

Part of that would be me--I'm sorry, and thank you.

Me being the idiot that I am, I deleted the letter before I thought to send a "thank you" back. :o

Fire_on_High
07-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Ok, sorry about the delay...I got bank permissions set up finally. If anyone needs more than what their rank allows, ask...chances are I'm lenient, esp with tradeskill mats.

Murg, PM me and talk things out? We were just being silly the other night, didn't mean anything by it.

Anthony K. S.
07-12-2008, 01:46 AM
The team now includes 19 players, with a total of 21 characters.

And this is what the Character Roster presently looks like :

Character's Name (Character's Race and Class, Player's Username)
Character's Professions and Talent Specialization

Bloodlily (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Bloodlily) (Blood Elf Paladin, Horsetuna)
Professions : Herbalism / Alchemy, Talent Specialization : Unrevealed

Brackentail (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Brackentail) (Tauren Druid, Bramble)
Professions : Mining / Enchanting, Talent Specialization : Feral Combat

Coilk (Tauren Warrior, Plaidman)
Professions : Skinning / Tailoring, Talent Specialization : Unrevealed

Drikthas (Orc Hunter, SteeleDragon78)
Professions : Skinning / Leatherworking, Talent Specialization : Beast Mastery

Gnarka (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Gnarka) (Orc Warrior, Fire_on_High)
Professions : Mining / Blacksmithing, Talent Specialization : Arms

Isala (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Isala) (Blood Elf Rogue, Sarlon)
Professions : Skinning / Leatherworking, Talent Specialization : Combat

Kallika (Rogue, Race Unrevealed, Kali)
Professions : Unrevealed, Talent Specialization : Unrevealed

Kasaros (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Kasaros) (Orc Shaman, <Not Registered on CS>)
Professions : Herbalism / Alchemy, Talent Specialization : Enhancement

Kelsash (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Kelsash) (Undead Priest, Spiffy McMoron)
Professions : Herbalism / Alchemy, Talent Specialization : Shadow

Komishu (Tauren Shaman, Fire_on_High)
Professions : Skinning / Leatherworking, Talent Specialization : Enhancement

Maiaingeal (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Maiaingeal) (Blood Elf Hunter, technical.angel)
Professions : Mining / Skinning, Talent Specialization : Marksmanship

Malindria (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Malindria) (Blood Elf Mage, Geek King)
Professions : Mining / Jewelcrafting, Talent Specialization : Frost

Markyxm (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Markyxm) (Blood Elf Warlock, karath)
Professions : Tailoring / Enchanting, Talent Specialization : Affliction

Megaera (Blood Elf Warlock, CSR Kim)

Mexlor (Troll Priest, ibor132)

Murgain (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Murgain) (Troll Hunter, Anthony K. S.)
Professions : Skinning / Leatherworking, Talent Specialization : Marksmanship (with 3 points in Survival for Hawk Eye)
Note : This character has been retired for the time being, but might become active again in the near future.

Nakajo (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Nakajo) (Blood Elf Paladin, Nakajo)
Professions : Mining / Jewelcrafting, Talent Specialization : Unrevealed

Nyxxa (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Nyxxa) (Blood Elf Priest, Raventhistle)
Professions : Skinning / Tailoring, Talent Specialization : Unrevealed

Skyeline (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Skyeline) (Undead Warrior, Chanlin)
Professions : Mining / Blacksmithing, Talent Specialization : Protection (with 11 points in Arms for Anger Management)

Talino (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Talino) (Blood Elf Priest, Sarlon)
Professions : Mining / Tailoring, Talent Specialization : Holy

Zajac (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Zajac) (Blood Elf Rogue, Aethian)
Professions : Skinning / Leatherworking, Talent Specialization : Combat

Once again, if any of this information is not accurate, or if any of it changes in the near future, please PM me and I will update the roster.

Also, the team will always welcome new members. So if you wish to join, just post a message here stating your character's name, race, and class, along with any other information that you wish to share.

The team's guild, Brain Bleach (http://www.wowarmory.com/guild-info.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Brain+Bleach&p=1), is on the Horde side of the server Nagrand (Oceanic, PvE).

If you already have a character on that server, then great. If not, just create one (any race and class you wish) and dive right in!

(You can also transfer an existing character from another realm to Nagrand, if you wish to invest the time and money required for that.)

Note : This Character Roster is up-to-date as of 9:45 p.m., Eastern Time, July 11, 2008.

All of the previously posted Character Rosters have been deleted, to avoid cluttering up the thread needlessly.

ShadedWings
07-12-2008, 02:47 AM
*sits in her little corner and plays with her Alliance characters, feeling cut off from the world now :p* Pffah.

Broomjockey
07-12-2008, 02:53 AM
Okay, so I was talking with an accquaintance today, and he was waiting for his raid to start. I mention I don't play WoW, and don't care to, which leads me to this question I'd like to put before the assembled players here.

Do they lace the CDs with LSD or something? He spent about 10 minutes trying to convince me to play, going so far as to say that (after I mentioned I hated PvP in MMOs, that's why I played TF2) the PvP in WoW is *just like the PvP in Team Fortress 2.* Seriously. The guy wouldn't take "I'm not interested" for an answer as to why I won't play WoW.

So, do they lace the CDs with exotic drugs?

Anthony K. S.
07-12-2008, 03:59 AM
Do they lace the CDs with LSD or something?

There are, indeed, quite a few people out there who openly acknowledge that they are addicted to World of Warcraft (and many more who are, but won't acknowledge it.)

I will be the first to admit that the obsession some players have with this game is a little off-putting . . . But, in all fairness, I do have to note this :

World of Warcraft did not acquire a following of several million obsessively loyal players because it's a bad game.

Broomjockey
07-12-2008, 04:44 AM
World of Warcraft did not acquire a following of several million obsessively loyal players because it's a bad game.

And I never said it was. But the tenacity and pure delusion with which my accquaintance tried to rope me in rivals that with which an alcoholic uses in denying he has a problem. The guy would not accept that I honestly had no desire to pay money every month for a game I already know I won't enjoy (completely burned out on MMOs, and not my style, anywho).

Chanlin
07-12-2008, 08:44 AM
OK this is admittedly a long reply. This is an attempt to maybe shed some light on Broomjockey's question. This is epicly long so skip it if you want.

I've seen people use all sorts of excuses for their addictions. I have a buddy who bounces in and out of an addiction to Everquest. At one time he had three accounts and would play three characters at the same time so he didn't have to worry about finding parties.

His initial excuse was that the small monthly fee kept him from spending money on other entertainment. I could accept that when he was only playing one character. When he started blowing myself and other friends off to raid or whatever on EQ thats when a rift started. He seriously chose the game over us when we told him it was us or the game.

I honestly have no idea what it is about the games that makes them so appealing. When I first played EQ I played obsessively at first. Part of it was the wonder of something new. Especially since EQ was really the first game of its kind. I remember I played my first character for nearly 24 hours straight and only paused to go get something to eat or drink and brought it back to my computer.

What drew me in was everything. I am heavily into role playing like D&D and such. And I've seen people get similarly obsessed with their D&D characters. Hell its one of the bits of ammo some groups use when trying to convince people that D&D is a bad thing. Part of the draw of EQ was the intense desire to learn what was happening next. The world was very immersive. Here I had this persona I developed around my character. The world itself was very interactive. I even remember avoiding combat because the first mob I ever ran into was an orc. I know now the orc was like 4 levels higher than me, but I thought I needed to earn a level doing starting quests before I could do combat (and I did to, it took me 2 days but I earned level 2 on quests alone). Anyone who knows EQ knows how insane that is.

Anyway for some partly unexplainable reason I couldn't put the game down. I was my character, I was telling my story, in my own head. Hell I never even interacted with other players until my third or fourth day and that was a huge step forward. I remember I RP'ed with almost anyone I encountered and that just added fuel to the proverbial fire. I remember in some back part of my mind thinking how cool it was.

I played obsessively for almost a week. I slept maybe two or three hours at a time. When I wasn't sleeping I was playing. I took strategic breaks to go grab food or drink. I only left the house to go to work, which at the time was only a part time job. My room mate worked nights so we saw very little of each other was it was so they had no idea what was up.

I recall what finally snapped me out of it was falling asleep at work. At the time I was working for the boss I posted about before in a post titled "My most and least favorite boss." I remember being ashamed because I do pride myself on my work ethic. I respected my boss and my coworkers, and one of the senior programmers I really looked up to took me aside and asked me what was up. I knew he played as well so I explained what was up.

He got me to take a serious reality check and I'm glad for it to because I really don't know if that had no that had not happened whether or not I would have gone on being as obsessive or not. I deleted my first character and uninstalled the game. About a month later I tried it again and this time it was different. I remember seeing the first few levels as tedious because I had already done that. More importantly since I was redoing many things i stepped back and realized just how poorly the game was designed. I also was playing on a server with friends I knew offline this time so that seriously changed the experience. For a time I only played when they were on. Then I just played on my own for some things but all around I really developed my own way of doing things.

I really don't know what factors contributed to me not becoming addicted again. And I will admit for a time I played WoW somewhat obsessively as well, but I've never had that near addicted experience again like I did with EQ.

On one hand, having been there myself I know what it can be like. But at the same time it still pisses me off that some of my friends will blow me off to play WoW or some other MMO. I have a good friend I'm trying to convince that hes addicted to WoW. It's not bad, but its close. One time I teased him by calling him by the name of our friend that really was addicted to EQ and I think that hit home and made him open his eyes because he stopped playing WoW for 3 months following that.

I really can't say what it is about games like these for everyone else. Part of it is the escape to another world. In EQ my character was important and contributed to the world. The character was also many things I am not, he was strong, and stealthy and was able to kick ass and when I played with other people they depended on me. I think these factors were really just another bit added on to a massive pile of factors that caused me to be obsessed. So it's not really any one thing, but a multitude of very overwhelming factors that can really draw you in and hold you. It really is unhealthy, and just like any other addiction it can be hard to convince someone of their problem.

To end my little tale what ultimately got my addicted friend to quit was a collaboration of myself and some of my closer friends who were also friends with the addicted party. At a lan party we got him completely drunk and each stole a different part of his computers. We opened up his boxes and took out the hard drive, modem and video cards and also took his EQ cd's so he would not be able to install the game. Needless to say he was pissed and this nearly broke our relationship but once he started going through withdrawal he finally realized exactly how obsessed he was. When we gave his stuff back he canceled two of his accounts and deleted his main characters on the remaining one and quit for nearly a year. He plays off and on again and when he gets close to being obsessed with it he calls one of us to go to a movie or what not. So that does have a sort of happy ending. I just hope to never have to take such extreme measures again.

ShadedWings
07-12-2008, 03:12 PM
I'll admit I'm addicted to some extent... I can take days at a time and not play... like lately, I'm a bit bored with it. Sometimes I just gotta play for a bit. But with my current free time I'm not harming anything by doing so when I do. When I start up my (hopefully!) new job, I won't be playing as much obviously.

As for prodding others into playing... I understand it's not everyone's favorite flavour of game. Some people like different things. I won't go poking at people to play, even if I like the company. :D And I've seen far, far, far more obsessive people in groups and such, ranting about pvp and how much they pwn and you suck because you aren't as well geared as they are, etc, etc. The main point of the game for me is to have fun and do my own thing.

To shorten my ramblings.. yes, I might be a bit addicted and I admit it. But I can and will control it and not try and shove it at others. It is a very enjoyable game, with several jokes hidden in it (anyone else notice the Cook in Lower City? :roll:) and some marvelous storyline, and I will definitely probably get hooked a bit more into it when WotLK comes out... but no, no drug-laced CDs. At least, not my copies! :devil:

(I haven't slept yet so forgive the rambles.)

Gravekeeper
07-12-2008, 03:30 PM
WoW is perfectly crafted to be the ultimate carrot on a stick. Especially to people that have never played an mmo for and don't know how it all works. The first 10 levels are almost insultingly easy thus people can teach even their grandparents to play it. But by the time their grandparents realize its all just a carrot they're already level 70. ;p

WoW is only fun till the 40's or so and then only if you're playing with friends and only doing instances/pvp. Everything else about it is a mindless treadmill of kill/gather x of y at z. The higher level you get the lower the % chance of x spawning/dropping. =p

The Grind(tm) really starts to sink in by the 40-50's when you start having to worry about gear and rep and crap if you want to be even remotely on par with other players. Everything you accomplish or obtain will be obsolete by the next 5 levels/next Battleground/next instance/next patch or next expansion.

Its basically a constant never ending arms race.

Oh, and WoW pvp is nothing like TF2. There is not even a shred of resemblance in any way shape or form and the person that said that should be punched in the kidneys. WoW pvp is dominated completely and irreparably with gear. Period. Skill means diddly to begin with and means less and less then diddly the higher level you get. Till people are 2 shotting you because you can't spend 40 hours a week raiding or honour/mark farming to get similar gear. =p

This is why I really really don't want to reopen my account. I mainly like two things in online games: Instances with friends and pvp. WoW is a fantastically shitty game for both.

Thus I reopened my City of Heroes/Villains account instead. Because at least in that I can play for 30 minutes, log off and feel like I've accomplished something.

Aethian
07-13-2008, 03:21 AM
the PvP in WoW is *just like the PvP in Team Fortress 2.*

Snipped a bit but just wanted to make a little point clear. We picked a PvE server for this very reason, well close to this exact reason anyhoo. :p

Fire_on_High
07-13-2008, 04:26 PM
In my case, yes it was a deciding factor for going ahead with Nagrand. I don't like world PVP too much in WoW, in fact I try to cooperate with the other faction when they're not being utter douchewaffles. Frequently I'll help finish off a non flagged Horde player's mob on my Kargath crew, or pull a bad pull off someone obviously being overwhelmed and about to die in someplace shared like Stranglethorn.

But....mess with the native lands of my character and it's on. You started it. And of course battlegrounds and Arena...well, you clicked queue same as I did, no one just yanked you magically away from your mobs or forge.

Just weird that way I guess, and a lot of why it infuriates me that night after night, everyone ganks the Crossroads.

Sarlon
07-14-2008, 04:54 AM
bad news folks....my account has been put on temporary hold until I can come up with the money to pay my monthly charge. and I don't get paid till next week.

Shards
07-14-2008, 09:57 PM
Hey! Awesome! I just noticed this. I'd been kicking around the idea of making a frost mage, so I suppose I'll just move to that server. Granted, I wanted to make him human, but undead works just as well.

I'm Regnis, so you know, and the character is made, I'm starting up playing him as I type. Anyone who can shoot me a guild invite, I'd appreciate it.

Shards
07-14-2008, 10:00 PM
In my case, yes it was a deciding factor for going ahead with Nagrand. I don't like world PVP too much in WoW, in fact I try to cooperate with the other faction when they're not being utter douchewaffles. Frequently I'll help finish off a non flagged Horde player's mob on my Kargath crew, or pull a bad pull off someone obviously being overwhelmed and about to die in someplace shared like Stranglethorn.

But....mess with the native lands of my character and it's on. You started it. And of course battlegrounds and Arena...well, you clicked queue same as I did, no one just yanked you magically away from your mobs or forge.

Just weird that way I guess, and a lot of why it infuriates me that night after night, everyone ganks the Crossroads.

Same here on the cooperation thing. My human rogue has chucked a dagger at many an overwhelmed orc's enemy.

Also, my warlock (Currently my main at 41, yes, I know I'm a n00b.) has sicked his succubus on enemies even when the players they overwhelmed had just finished ganking me.

One time I even got a letter from one of them (on a different char, he identified himself) thanking me and appologizing for the gank.

Geek King
07-15-2008, 07:31 PM
Same here on the cooperation thing. My human rogue has chucked a dagger at many an overwhelmed orc's enemy.

Nice to know I'm not the only one who does this. :)

Hopefully one of these updates will include the opportunity to learn languages to some extent. I could see the Night Elves and Deryni getting along with the Tauren pretty well, for instance. Also, you have the Cenarian Circle made of druids from both sides, but two druid players can't seem to get along. I don't know, but it's just something I mull over sometimes while playing.

Bramble
07-15-2008, 10:34 PM
OOOHAR! New update! I can get a mount in 2 levels! MOUNTS AT LEVEL 30!!!!!:D

ShadedWings
07-17-2008, 10:16 AM
Something that dropped in Outlands that made me laugh just now, thought I'd share - "Grave Keeper Knife of the Beast". :roll:

Bramble
07-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Someone better tell gravekeeper he dropped his knife...:roll:

Gravekeeper
07-17-2008, 03:03 PM
Someone better tell gravekeeper he dropped his knife...:roll:

I don't have knives, I have swords. ><

SteeleDragon78
07-17-2008, 06:54 PM
I don't have knives, I have swords. ><

perhaps you dropped a sword and it broke becoming a knife?:p

Sarlon
07-17-2008, 06:57 PM
just a question guys since I haven't been on (hopefully this friday I'll be fixing that) am I still the highest level in the guild on nagrand? (I'm 67)

Fire_on_High
07-17-2008, 08:52 PM
LOL, someone has a high opinion of us I see :-)

Yes, you're still at the top...our highest other than you is 28...we're a bunch of slackers!

Geek King
07-17-2008, 08:55 PM
perhaps you dropped a sword and it broke becoming a knife?:p

Heh...my rogue carried a Barman Shanker (http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=12791) for a long time due to its damage potential. It looks just like a broken bottle in the game. :lol:

Sarlon
07-18-2008, 02:47 AM
LOL, someone has a high opinion of us I see :-)

Yes, you're still at the top...our highest other than you is 28...we're a bunch of slackers!

naw I just have no life...besides work...I come home and hang around the house...hence the almost 3 level 70s >.> Course I've been playing for almost 4 years now.

and NO I'm not addicted...lack of social life, and lack of MONEY to have a social life, aid in me sitting around doing nothing

technical.angel
07-19-2008, 07:49 PM
As soon as someone with invite gets on, can they please invite Quinna?

I got bored.

Sarlon
07-20-2008, 04:48 AM
as SOON as I get the money to renew my acocunt I'll gladly add you to the guild. unless of course someone else beats me to it.

Fire_on_High
07-22-2008, 03:32 AM
Sorry, I should be on more starting tomorrow or so. There was a minor snafu with my account and then storms most of this evening, combined with issues trying to figure out how you share a drive under Vista.

technical.angel
07-24-2008, 04:21 PM
I moved my 35 BE hunter over. If I EVER see anyone on EVER AGAIN, I'll have someone send me an invite.

I swear, did everyone abandon me??

SteeleDragon78
07-24-2008, 04:56 PM
im on off and on lately, i made it into the beta testing for another game and that has taken most of my time after work, i will try to be on later tonite or friday nite, cant say when though, as tonite is the meeting to discuss E's intervention. but thats another thread (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=31865) all together. though i have seen at least 3 or so people on around 830 900 ct thats when im on the most

Geek King
07-24-2008, 07:06 PM
I swear, did everyone abandon me??

I've been on a couple of nights this week. I can't tonight, since the gaming group is going out to the local comedy club, but I'll probably play some Saturday or Sunday.

Horsetuna
07-24-2008, 08:07 PM
I'm on too although I dont /think/ I have invite abilities.

Fire_on_High
07-24-2008, 08:56 PM
You do. I think I set every full member rank to have at least basic invite privs.

Sarlon
07-24-2008, 09:07 PM
short of a miracle happening I won't be back online till next week when I get paid

Sarlon
07-25-2008, 12:51 AM
alright, I've had a small complaint from my guild master (the one who lets us use their vent server) that people are coming in, and immediatly leaving.

I understand you are looking for me, but there is other ways to do it...

I've been working and coming home tired...my hours have been varying but I'm often home no later then 11pm EST.

My WoW time has been severely hindered until I get paid next week.

if you would like the Vent Info please PM me on the forums...I don't want to publicly post the vent info incase someone randomly looks at the post and uses it.

technical.angel
07-25-2008, 10:05 PM
I'm on. If I'm not on as Maiaingeal, whisper Thelesis.

IF ANYONE EVER GETS ON AGAIN EVER!

Gravekeeper
07-26-2008, 12:33 AM
I'm on. If I'm not on as Maiaingeal, whisper Thelesis.

IF ANYONE EVER GETS ON AGAIN EVER!

I was kind of wondering if anyone ever really played. It didn't sound like. -.-

Aethian
07-26-2008, 12:41 AM
I play and most often there is no one on with me.

Sarlon
07-26-2008, 01:46 AM
I would play more but I can't because of my account...once I get it back up...I'll be on ALOT more often. (save for when I'm at work or asleep)

Fire_on_High
07-28-2008, 02:36 AM
I'm trying to play several times a week at least. We did just have the last of my EQ guild finally defect to Karg so I've been catching up with them for the past couple days and letting a bit of rested exp accumulate, tho. I'll be on tonight on some char or another and getting some work done.

Geek King
07-28-2008, 06:14 PM
I was on Sunday for a little while. Saterday kinda got swamped with me sleeping in, then needing to get some errands run, and then getting invited over to a friends for some Macross/Slayers/various Anime watching. :D

SteeleDragon78
07-28-2008, 06:45 PM
im going to be on at strange hours for the rest of the week, my schedule is getting shaken up a bit, i may be on after 7 today and tomarrow and after 9 the rest of the week.

TA if you message me in yahoo or a pm on the board ill add you when i get home

technical.angel
07-28-2008, 06:49 PM
Fire_on_high was able to get me on. Oddly enough, right after that the last time I whined about no one being on. ;)

SteeleDragon78
07-28-2008, 07:01 PM
cool, ive been trying to play, but with the beta testing and my other projects i havent had much time. and this server is going to be the death of me, but thats a different post all together,

SteeleDragon78
07-29-2008, 01:13 AM
im bringing my orc warrior over from sargeras, since his name was drikthas im going to rename him, but havent decided on the name yet. hes lvl 33, arms/fury, mine/bs

ShadedWings
08-02-2008, 05:07 AM
Slight side-topic (not off-topic since I guess it's still about WoW :P ), but through luck I managed to get into the WotLK Beta. Just one thing sums it up...

Pure. Awesome. :angel:

Gravekeeper
08-02-2008, 07:38 AM
Slight side-topic (not off-topic since I guess it's still about WoW :P ), but through luck I managed to get into the WotLK Beta. Just one thing sums it up...

If awesome is defined as "10 more levels of the same crap only now with retarded achievements that will make the average WoW player act like an even bigger idiot then normal" then sure. -.-

Have you molested enough squirrels yet?

ShadedWings
08-02-2008, 07:56 AM
*snicker* Eh, I'm having fun simply going "ooh" over new graphics/places/skills, and going "argh, that's stupid" over others of the same. Most things are still being tweaked hardcore, and a great deal of my fun is reporting bugs, but I'm just weird like that.

(I never actually got into the grinding aspect of any of the game until recently, and even then, sparingly. I tend to stick to exploring/RPing/general fun with friends.)

Sarlon
08-02-2008, 01:47 PM

from what I understand....they are KILLING the need for alchemists...a cool down debuff on potions (healing mana and everything else inbetween!) that doesn't go away till your out of combat?!!!

PLEASE prove me wrong!!! because thats just fusking retarded!

ShadedWings
08-02-2008, 04:15 PM
from what I understand....they are KILLING the need for alchemists...a cool down debuff on potions (healing mana and everything else inbetween!) that doesn't go away till your out of combat?!!!

PLEASE prove me wrong!!! because thats just fusking retarded!

Ehm... I don't see how it would kill the need for alchemists. The only difference is, if you are fighting long enough to be able to use two health pots normally, you wouldn't be able to. I think (haven't tested it yet, not much up on the auction house to buy at the moment) as long as you have your buff-pots up before the fight, all's well. All the buff-type potions and elixirs will still be in high demand if you ask me. Probably the sales of health and mana pots will go down, but other than that, I don't think it'll hurt alchemists' sales. Especially since they can do transmutes too. And most likely other, new things, to do with the new materials found in northrend. I don't quite understand the need for the cooldown on it myself, except for making it maybe a little more challenging.

Also, keep in mind that even though things like this might be in effect in beta now.. doesn't mean they'll keep it that way. Things are CONSTANTLY being tweaked/changed.. a restart yesterday put in an entirely new system and majorly jumped up some other things... which, of course, are all still buggy. :angel: *loves on finding bugs*

Another thing I would like to mention, is that the people writing some of the new content definitely have upped the humor as well. So many things to laugh at!

Trying not to give anything large away here! *chuckle*

Sarlon
08-03-2008, 01:10 PM
well its offical...I'm 5 bar from 69!!!

yes I'm actually back online now more often...(except work and sleep)

Horsetuna
08-05-2008, 12:59 AM
My credit card didnt go through (grrrrr, I MADE more than enough paymento n it! Wtf...) so now I have tofigure out why. Until then I can't get on. :/

Sarlon
08-11-2008, 03:43 AM
good news folks!!!

I'm half way to 70!!!
I'm gaining a reputation as a good healer. (means that I'll get into instances make major money, and pass it around!)
I'm loosing my title as "12year old nazi" :cry:

hehe got that title a few months ago...when I'm running this group into Mana Tombs, and I'm the ONLY one that knows what the instance is like....and because I'm telling people how to handle each fight so we DON'T die...I'm a 12 year old nazi?

technical.angel
08-11-2008, 11:23 AM
Sar, I dumped a lot of leather into the bank. Enjoy.

I'm also quickly working up to mithril. 25 pts to go.

iradney
08-12-2008, 11:45 AM
I just joined yesterday :D :D :D
I have no idea what server I'm on...
er....
But currently I'm newbie (level 3) undead warlock
Same nick as on here. If you find me, wave! (And HELP!!! I get lost so often! :cry:)

technical.angel
08-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Well, iradney, if you are on our server, tonight, I'll run you through everything. That should get you bumped up.

technical.angel
08-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Oh, and if you're not, I can talk you through joining our server if you can access it.

iradney
08-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Thanks TA :)

I think I'll only be able to jump servers once I've gone the whole hog of full membership instead of test. I'm going to take the rest of the week to acclimatize and then actually sign up on Friday evening, leaving the whole weekend for me to join the CS server and meet you guys :D

Please be nice, I've never really played something like this before - I'm a Sims/Time management/ Hidden object game girl :D :angel:

technical.angel
08-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Actually, you've got the same taste of games as me. You're going to do fine. WoW is all three of those tossed together with fighting. Oh, and a bit of "hide from those guys cause they'd totally kill me if they saw me" tossed in for good measure.

If you're apt to get sucked in, make sure you have an alarm clock next to your computer. Set it for 15-30 minutes before bedtime. You'lll need it. ;)

Sarlon
08-12-2008, 08:25 PM
hey, I sent you a private private message Iradney telling you somethings. and don't worry you won't be alone on this server. I'm almost ALWAYS on.

Horsetuna
08-12-2008, 09:16 PM
I'm back on.

I'm bored with being an alchemist though. Thinking of going Tailor/Herbalist or something instead.

Sarlon
08-12-2008, 10:40 PM
well guys...its took me over an hour....but I finally farmed the mats I need for my ultimate money maker!!!!!

MONEY MAKER!!! (http://thottbot.com/i23821)

its VERY nice...the mats are cheap once you get past the primal life you need. and its a great money maker since the demand for primals is insane!

Sarlon
08-13-2008, 08:34 PM
I finally hit 70!!!!

and just random...idradney....you have a REALLY pretty voice ^_^

Horsetuna
08-13-2008, 09:46 PM
ok, I'm herbalist/tailor now. Got bored with the potions.

iradney
08-14-2008, 08:12 AM
I finally hit 70!!!!

and just random...idradney....you have a REALLY pretty voice ^_^

Dawww :o Thanks! So's yours :D Was awesome chatting with ya last night! I might be on again tonight as I have tomorrow off *SCORE*

Sarlon
08-15-2008, 03:15 AM
I love being 70 I'd like to have noted....in a little over an hour of straight questing I got 150 gold....just from the quests. Thats not including the greys that I sold to a vendor, and the greens I got and put on the Auction house!!!

All together I have gotten up 498 gold....wish my luck folks...I'm going for 900 to get my flying mount ^_^

Any contributions will be repaid in full once the mount is bought.

Also, for those of you severely confused by the auction house, I have made a toon entirely for the AH for the guild alone. (my personal bank toon is someone else entirely). any thing in the guild bank left for a while (greens and patterns), will be sold on the AH, and money put into the guild bank for use for everyone.

The Better Business Bureau (Bebubu is the toon's name) will be willing to handle everything for the guild for those of who wish to make some extra gold but don't know how to play the AH. Guild sales go into the guild bank, but auctions for indivdual members are returned in payment to orginal character (minus a small fee no more then 1 gold).

Sarlon
08-16-2008, 12:59 PM
alright folks...we have 125 gold in the guild bank, and I have my flying mount!!!

is anyone ever going to get on?

Horsetuna
08-16-2008, 02:48 PM
I've been on as best I can, powerlevelling one of my other chars though. I'll try to be on more.

Fire_on_High
08-16-2008, 05:22 PM
Ok, Blizz has made it official that DKs can be made on any established server so long as you have a 55 on your account. There's been no mention of faction-locking it, so Gnarka is going to be Arms spec, intended for DPS rather than tanking, as I'd originally planned. We're gonna have a gaggle of insta-55 DKs, guys. Anyone who wants to take a go at tanking can dig right in and whoever likes it best can keep it.

We'll have tanks coming out of our ears within the first month at most.

Sarlon
08-17-2008, 12:13 AM
tanks schmanks....I'll keep my priest....wh DOESN'T need an experienced healer?!

sides I was never good at tanking.

Fire_on_High
08-17-2008, 01:43 AM
Further attempts to tank on my pally remind me why my main is a hunter, and why I like the DPS of arms warriors.

Blame Amendel (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kargath&n=Amendel).

Gravekeeper
08-17-2008, 03:49 AM
Ok, Blizz has made it official that DKs can be made on any established server so long as you have a 55 on your account. There's been no mention of faction-locking it, so Gnarka is going to be Arms spec, intended for DPS rather than tanking, as I'd originally planned. We're gonna have a gaggle of insta-55 DKs, guys. Anyone who wants to take a go at tanking can dig right in and whoever likes it best can keep it.

That's kind of anti-climatic. I was expecting some sort of elaborate grinding drop/red quest that would take months to complete. You know, like almost everything else in the game after level 50.

Hell, even I could make a DK than. =p

Sounds like you can only create on per realm per account.

Sunsetsky
08-17-2008, 05:43 PM
My boyfriend recently got me into WoW and my preference is the RPPVP. I only started playing about a month and a half ago or so. My main is a lvl 21 bloodelf blwarlock on Ravenholdt name Kryana (horde). My goal right now is to get to lvl 30so I can get a mount. All the walking is getting kind of frustrating. If any of you are on that server, feel free to look me up. I'll probably be in Deathholme getting my ass kicked. :lol:

Edit: I just noticed that a guild is being made. I am interested in joining but I didn't catch which server it is on or what side. Horde I'm assuming? I may have to make a new char for it because I just had my main transfered to Ravenholdt from Maelstrom and I don't want to pay for another transfer.

karath
08-18-2008, 09:33 AM
Yeah sunset, we're all on the Oceanic server Nagrand (and yes, we are on horde!) so if you're interested hop on over!

EDIT: I'm with you, RPPVP is fun (even if Maelstrom has almost no rp! :eek:). Still, we're all together over there...at least when you're lucky enough to catch us online! :D

iradney
08-18-2008, 10:19 AM
I've ordered my battlechest and should get it tomorrow, thereby making my account permanent instead of trial! Oh sweet sweet things I can do when not a trial account!

BTW, level 17 now, have a lovely pet Voidwalker *pets*

Sunsetsky
08-19-2008, 12:10 AM
Thanks! I just made a new character over there and will work on her a bit today.

Horsetuna
08-19-2008, 12:24 AM
I'm logging in right now if anyone needs an invite.

Ps - I'm Bloodlily

iradney
08-19-2008, 04:07 PM
K, I now have full membership, and am creating a character on the Nagrand server. Imma troll called iradney. So..um...look me up :)

technical.angel
08-19-2008, 04:13 PM
Conform!!! Be a blood elf!!! They're the hottest race EVAR! ;)

Gravekeeper
08-19-2008, 04:46 PM

In their own minds perhaps. ;p

I still tiding over on CoH till Warhammer comes out next month. WoW takes too much time. ><

iradney
08-19-2008, 06:07 PM

LOL
too late - made a troll shaman - already level 6!!! Currently questing in Valley of Trials (as I'm a noob still :) )

Acolyte
08-19-2008, 07:00 PM
I'll have to pop over to Nagrand when I get back into WoW...

Geek King
08-19-2008, 07:10 PM
I still tiding over on CoH till Warhammer comes out next month. WoW takes too much time. ><

Um, next month? Yeah, that's it. :whistle:

If anyone has noticed I haven't been on WoW as much in the last week, I apologize. There is a certain closed beta going on that I got invited into, and I'm actually involved in filling out the surveys and such. Hopefully it helps some.

--Geek Stunty King

ShadedWings
08-19-2008, 07:22 PM
Whee, lotsa people I know got beta keys. Glad to know it's not just me! *hum*

Sarlon
08-23-2008, 05:17 AM
no beta key for me... :(

knowing my luck never will... though my best friend did get in...

Gravekeeper
08-23-2008, 07:22 AM
Yes, WAR is live next month. In fact its open beta preview weekend for preorder customers right now. :whistle:

There's another open beta for preorders for a week before it goes live as well.

Preorder players registered for open beta are over 800,000 atm. ><

Only thing thats going to tick me off about WAR is all the WoW kiddies will be whining about how it ripped off WoW when its the other way around. -.-

iradney
08-25-2008, 01:15 PM

I conformed.... :)

I'm not made for melee characters, definitely a ranged mindset. so I'm now a bloodelf Hunter called....

wait for it....

iradney
(I know...I'm SOOOO original :P )

Sarlon
08-25-2008, 01:29 PM
glad to see another convert ^_^

I''ll slap you a guild invite when I see you on

Erm...have you made your character yet? I tried adding your name to my friend's list and it says lpayer not found.

Geek King
08-25-2008, 06:00 PM
Welcome aboard iradney! I'll try to get back on a couple times this week, and I'll try to send some rings your way as time permits.

Aethian
08-25-2008, 06:02 PM
No key for me.

No subscription for me right now...sorry folks.

Fire_on_High
08-25-2008, 09:57 PM
It happens. We'll give you a hand when you make it back.

Chanlin
08-25-2008, 10:51 PM
I'm going to bow out for now. I know I haven't been on in a long time. Heck my warrior is still level 18. Between work and school I really don't have the time to devote to an MMO at the moment. Good luck to everyone else who is playing and have fun :)

iradney
08-26-2008, 07:20 AM
glad to see another convert ^_^

I''ll slap you a guild invite when I see you on

Erm...have you made your character yet? I tried adding your name to my friend's list and it says lpayer not found.

Aw thanks :) Yep, made the character - dunno why it's not finding me. I'm assuming I need to be online for that? I know you're about 6 hours behind me...how about you PM me a time to meet and I'll let you know if I can make it??

Welcome aboard iradney! I'll try to get back on a couple times this week, and I'll try to send some rings your way as time permits.

EEEE! :D Shucks, you don't gotta, it'd just be awesome to "meet", as it were.

Fenrus
08-26-2008, 11:31 AM
Okay guys, I just looked it up, and I've got a 64 BE pally that can be changed over September 5th, so I'll be playing with you guys then... (unless I can't change from a US to an Oceanic server... then I'll settle for making a new one. haha)

IceLee
08-26-2008, 11:41 AM
Ahhh the memories of W.o.W (even though I played it briefly earlier this year)

One of the most vivid memories was when I was in my blood elf mage, about level 12 at the time (12-15) and in the trallien (sp? that village with the zombie race, the forsaken was it? er.... I forgot! but yeah....) and I was working on a mission getting rid of a certain number of ghosties at this certain temple/place when I was skipping back up over the bridge to the temple after being catious and all and killing the ghosts off from a distance and waiting for them to re-appear, when I see this huge.... tall.... white..... blob that looked like michelan man gone wrong.... running or rather, stomping up towards me. I was literally going :eek: at my screen, then managing not to scream, I uttered loudly " Knucklerot!!!!!!!!" and made my char run away as fast as possible over the skellie infested creek back to the village :lol:

That was the first time a game reduced me to a gibbering wreck! (this from a person who has played BloodRayne etc) I'll play it again one day probably - and hopefully without a giantic michelan man chasing the poor little blood elf mage down....

technical.angel
08-26-2008, 12:50 PM
(unless I can't change from a US to an Oceanic server... then I'll settle for making a new one. haha)

The voice of experience says that you CAN!

Iradney, are you sure you're on the right sever? You do not have to be online for us to add you as a friend.

IceLee, when you come back, we now have at least 2 players who can take down Luz and Knucklerot for you.

I remember my first experience with them.

"What does 'Elite' mean? Eh, who cares! ATTACK!!!" Followed swiftly by massive death.

Sarlon
08-26-2008, 01:15 PM
hehe knucklerot runs in the other direction from me now!! course it helps that I'm 70 >.>

Looking forward to having another higher level in the guild >< running around in pugs is like spending 10 days SOLID with nothing but SC's bitching and whining, and your strapped to a chair with no hope of escaping...

and I'd like to stand corrected....I've REGAINED my title 12 year old nazi....just by the 4 instances that I've lead.

iradney
08-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Iradney, are you sure you're on the right sever? You do not have to be online for us to add you as a friend.

Hey T.A - I'm on the Nagrand server - I'm pretty sure that's correct, yes? yes??

technical.angel
08-26-2008, 02:22 PM
yes, that is right. And you said your character's name is iradney?

iradney
08-26-2008, 03:09 PM
yes, that is right. And you said your character's name is iradney?

Ayup, that is affirmative :D and I'm in the eversong woods, if that helps any

technical.angel
08-26-2008, 03:46 PM
Can anyone think of a reason Sar and I can't add iradney as a friend?

iradney
08-26-2008, 04:32 PM
where ya'll at, maybe we gotta meet? I tried to add Sar, and it told me i gotta be in the same guild or something

technical.angel
08-26-2008, 04:37 PM
Any chance you'll be online around 8pm your time? (An hour and a half from this post)

iradney
08-26-2008, 04:56 PM
Any chance you'll be online around 8pm your time? (An hour and a half from this post)

yep :D (added for length)

technical.angel
08-26-2008, 05:07 PM
In an hour (well, an hour and a little plus, cause I gotta get home), we'll figure out what's going on.

I'll be logged in as Thelesis, see if you can add me to your friends list.

Kagato
08-26-2008, 05:29 PM
Currently play World of Warcraft on various servers, am a raid leader on earthen ring, and am levelling a rogue on Nagrand in my free time (currently level 20)

Earthen ring: Look up Zagato, Emishi or Kurow
Nagrand: Kurow (Rogue)

Sarlon
08-26-2008, 05:34 PM
Can anyone think of a reason Sar and I can't add iradney as a friend?

I have a theory..and its not gonna be good...

She's on the euro servers >< shes just far enough over and they mimic the US servers...but we can't see each other.

technical.angel
08-26-2008, 05:40 PM
well, I'll test it out in 20 mins.

iradney
08-26-2008, 06:03 PM
Crud
methinks it could be coz i'm on the euro server :(

Sarlon
08-26-2008, 06:04 PM
crud...you should of had one of us send you the game....that way you could be on this server.

iradney
08-26-2008, 06:09 PM
:cry: bloody horrible :( Then again, the latency would've been disgustingly slow :(
But I got a message from someone....er.....they sent me bullets or something

Kagato
08-27-2008, 12:50 AM
:cry: bloody horrible :( Then again, the latency would've been disgustingly slow :(
But I got a message from someone....er.....they sent me bullets or something

Actually the lag shouldn't be TOO horrendous as long as you have a decent net connection, I'm connecting to the US servers from halfway around the world in New Zealand, and on a typical day I don't get much more than 400ms ping which is adequate to raid with (not so good if you're the PvPing type though...)

IceLee
08-27-2008, 12:58 AM
IceLee, when you come back, we now have at least 2 players who can take down Luz and Knucklerot for you.

I remember my first experience with them.

"What does 'Elite' mean? Eh, who cares! ATTACK!!!" Followed swiftly by massive death.

Cool, will have to remember that when I do come back, and I actually thought Luz and Knucklerot was meant to stay together not one of them chasing down a poor little bloodelf mage :lol: I knew not to try anything on Knucklerot but to RUN because I had sussed out the elite missions and what Elite was all about and just wait for some higher level who would help me kill off them for the mission or be the higher level myself. Nowdays I'm currently attempting to kill Goblez in FFIV... but thats another story ladies and gentlemen, horde and alliance.... :lol:

iradney
08-27-2008, 06:35 AM
Man! I got killed by Luz AND Knucklerot last night :cry:
Level 21 against level 12?? It was ONE BLOW and boom! dead blood elf
*sigh*

IceLee
08-27-2008, 10:24 AM
*pats Iradney on the back* Now you know why I ran. My sympathies and condolences on your character, I had similar happen to my blood elf- a pair of elite alliance players thought itd be funny to pick on a level 12 blood elf mage and not the level 60 blood elf warlock or was it paladin... forgot which but yeah level 60 plus blood elf, and the pair of idiots themselves were level 21. Shouldnt a lower level running away from you be a loud and clear message that they dont want to be picked on?! ah the memories I tell you! :lol: that and the time a big crowd of alliances, level 60 to 70's, rushed right by me, eyeballing me up while they raided the falcon square and I was minding my business, and levelling up..... but they did the nice thing and left me alone.... that was a real scary experience that I thought wouldnt be outdone until I met Knucklerot. I actually thought Knucklerot would be this whimpy looking skellie-zombie fellow so boy was I wrong.....

iradney
08-27-2008, 10:28 AM
Actually the lag shouldn't be TOO horrendous as long as you have a decent net connection, I'm connecting to the US servers from halfway around the world in New Zealand, and on a typical day I don't get much more than 400ms ping which is adequate to raid with (not so good if you're the PvPing type though...)

Yeah
Decent Net connection...
What's that?? (LOL)
Alas, our meglamaniac main telecomms company (Telkom, or as I prefer, Telscum) like to shape the lines to within an inch of their lives...

And IceLee, I know what you mean about elite players killing WAY lower level players. I was running to the Wetlands last night with my lvl 12, and two elites thought "hey! let's kill the bloodelf" even though I was RUNNING AWAY from them. *fume*

IceLee
08-27-2008, 11:23 AM
Ive usually played on the US servers with almost no problems aside from the occasional lags and freezings (I think that was more because of my Imp- Imp is the name of my computer, for obivious reasons, and whenever it misbehaves, I call it Imp and generally, (and im not joking) 95 percent of the time when I do, it behaves.... but as I was saying, Imp is oldish, well according to the game specs, he is older than what they want so yeah)

Ugh yeah those elites often think theyre the cat's pj's and such just because theyre, well, elites, and do stuff like that to our poor low level chars, instead of helping out or leaving us alone as we leave them alone.... also last time I was playing w.o.w, the alliances were constantly attacking horde terrority, especially the blood elf's beginning point, sunstrider isle, killing all the noobs there :| apparently a few alliance people I know claims the hordes also attacks them but I have not seen many attacks, maybe just once, as an alliance char (but I prefer the horde side really, just played to see how it goes on the other side) so yeah pretty annoying!

iradney
08-27-2008, 11:46 AM
But you know what's funny? Quite a few complete strangers have cast beneficial spells on me (like frost armour and the like).
It's really nice, but I feel horrible coz all my spells are life draining...I do say thanks though!

Judging from the Gen chans that I've seen in the various "states" I've been in, seems Kalimdor and the like are favourites for the alliance to attack. Not bashing Ally of course...

IceLee
08-27-2008, 11:54 AM
Yeah some strangers had been nice to me aswell, especially one who gave me stuff :lol: (I also say thank yous to them myself)

Hmm weird, for me, whenever im logged in as my main horde char, theyd be attacking sunstrider isle, falcon square, silvermoon city, and this village of sorts somewhere in eversong woods, I think farstriders retreat, the one nearish to the ghostlands/ tranquillen.... *looks up in her game guide* ah no, thats fairbreeze village that I was thinking of, not farstriders :ashamed: and the village where I met knucklerot's goldenmist by the way.

Fenrus
08-27-2008, 12:47 PM
Okay, so what times are we actually playing! Cuz I've been off and on all... well, night for me, and I haven't seen anyone from Brain Bleach. :(

iradney
08-27-2008, 12:48 PM
Yes, goldenmist! Yargh, I was on a quest in the dead scar in goldenmist and that's where Knucklerot got me :( FROM BEHIND!! *sob*
You on the euro server or us server, IceLee?

IceLee
08-27-2008, 12:57 PM
US server I believe, Aeire Peaks, and I most likely will have to transfer to whatever server you guys are playing on once I get back into w.o.w (such as forking up the 30 dollar game card fee... - bye bye $$..... :cry: :lol: ) I havent reached the dead scar but was on the bridge leading up to the village... so I got a lovely view.... he did nearly get me from the behind but thank the stars my mage was more of a faster runner than he was :lol: only just a bit faster though. I'm sure the next time I get myself down there, he'll get me then.

iradney
08-27-2008, 01:21 PM
Hehehe, my main problem is I wasn't paying attention - I didn't even get a chance to run away! :lol:

IceLee
08-27-2008, 01:26 PM
hehe! dont worry, I get killed alot of times that it had been a bit of a joke in the guild that my main is in..... at one point I kept dying every few minutes :lol: and I just remembered something even funnier about the knucklerot issue- my usual level 60+ partner complained so much about my mage being a slow runner because I kept losing him..... well I was vastly pleased when she ran fast at last that day.... maybe she really knew she has to run fast and do it now and not on my command....

which servers are you on so I can make a note and get a char in sometime and join you guys?

technical.angel
08-27-2008, 01:46 PM
Okay, so what times are we actually playing! Cuz I've been off and on all... well, night for me, and I haven't seen anyone from Brain Bleach. :(

Well, I'm *generally* on after about 5pm central time. Today's the 3rd day of school, and ::knock on wood:: things are just finally starting to calm down a little at work, so once I'm not spending 8 hours stressed and busy, I'll be on more.

XXDarrienX
08-27-2008, 02:59 PM
Alright for those of you that play WoW. Tell me why people are so hooked on it? From my stand point and the limited time I played, it seemed like too much of a grind and not really a challenge besides doing the same thing over and over again. Unless pvp has change recently, my viewpoint was that you get pretty much nothing for killing someone, you do not get any of their gear etc. So what was the point? I would have thought Blizzard would allow players to control territory like some decent mmos.

I recently started playing a free mmo that has similar graphical style to WoW, called Atlantica Online, they allow guilds to control entire cities if they have the points to do it and bid on the city. Granted take over would be much better but still.

Geek King
08-28-2008, 08:41 PM
Alright for those of you that play WoW. Tell me why people are so hooked on it?

Short answer: Because they do just about everything rather well.

Longer answer: I've played many different MMORPGs. The two I still play are WoW and City of Heroes. I play them because they are fun, and defining that is kinda difficult. With WoW, it is a combinations of solid world, good gametime for both solo and group play, interesting questing, and vastly different playstyles for most classes.

Yeah, many WoW quests involve grinding. Big whoop. I've played lots of the free MMO's out there, and almost all of them make the grinding in WoW look like a guy rubbing rocks together. There are also quests in WoW that can be solved in novel ways, without grinding. Those are the little gems that make playing fun. The quests that require some grinding in WoW, with a couple of exceptions, can be finished off in just a few minutes if you get serious about them, and I've never just sat around and had to just grind for levels. I get plenty of EPs working on quests, or traveling to a quest site.

Another thing about WoW, if you don't like the PvP, you can opt to play on a server where it is kept to a bare minimum. Like PvP? There are servers where you can just go nuts with it, with special rules about what realms are kinda safe or not. Want to Role-Play the character? They have servers for that (though not as rules-enforced as I'd like). Personnaly, games where you lose hard-earned equipment/items to some twink or griefer who is just killing you to be a dick isn't fun. I like not losing anything besides some repair cash when I do feel like PvPing.

And finally, There are a hell of a lot of people playing WoW right now. That means I can almost always find a crew of players that I enjoy hanging out with, even if it is just on chat. I don't have to settle for a guild, I can find one who caters to mentally adult players. It also means I almost never have issues finding help with difficult quests, as there are always people in the areas I am playing in.

Now, if you don't like WoW, for whatever reason, that's fine. Some might look down on you, but I don't. Everyone has different tastes, and you are every bit entitled to your opinions as anyone else. But on the other hand, don't fall into the trap of thinking you're somehow superior to the masses that like something you don't. That way lies the way of the fanbois and trolls. Dangerous, it is. :p

Gravekeeper
08-29-2008, 04:25 AM
Blizzard excels at basically taking other people's ideas and polishing them to a fine shine. This is what WoW is. There's nothing in it you haven't seen before, but they execute it well. The problem is yeah, it begins to fall apart into brainless, pointless grinding the further you get into the game. Its just a matter of at what point the amount of time you're willing to invest gets defeated by the amount of time required to make your character viable for their level.

As for the people....I HATE most the people in WoW. Almost without exception. Its popular, yeah, but that means its just like being out in public. Completely surrounded by absolutely fucktards with no way of being able to tell who the decent people are except by blind luck.

Then you have the SERIOUS BUZINESS players that become more and more of a problem the higher level you get. Until its impossible to avoid them because they'll always be at least one on every instance/raid/team. -.-

I perfer CoH/CoV. There's nothing in that game that takes anymore then 5 minutes to set up, get rolling and get into and nothing except for at Task Force takes more then 20-30 minutes or your time tops.

People are much much more easy going in CoX/CoV as a result.

Rapscallion
08-29-2008, 12:31 PM
Starting to get a touch heated in here, folks, and though I like my marshmallows nice and toasty, I prefer it to be from fires I start myself.

Let's save the vitriol for customers, hmm? They enjoy it more.

Rapscallion

Gravekeeper
08-29-2008, 03:08 PM
Starting to get a touch heated in here, folks, and though I like my marshmallows nice and toasty, I prefer it to be from fires I start myself.

...it is? Perhaps I should have used more emoticons. -.-

Rapscallion
08-29-2008, 05:09 PM
I have to admit that my brother plays the game, so I think I'm obliged to apologise to anyone who's ever met him. He's the sort who adjusted his sleep cycle to play with the main US time zones.

Mind you, the fact that I controlled the Internet access meant that I controlled his addiction and could force him to get a job...

Happy memories.

Rapscallion