PDA

View Full Version : "Your name, sir..."

Coconut
07-12-2008, 12:18 AM
Okay, so I was probably the sucky one here, but it was too funny...

A customer called in who had a very mild accent, but we were communicating just fine.

Until I asked for his name.

C: Uhhhhhhh...
Me: Your name sir, can I get your name?
C: Huhhhh? I, uh, huh?
Me: Your name, sir. Your first name and last name.
C: I don't... uhhh...
Me: Your naaaaame.
C: I don't know what it is.
Me: You don't know your name?
C: I just don't know... :shrug:
Me: Well, do you have your conformation number?
C: Oh yes, it's right here!

He was actually a really nice guy; not sucky at all. I know I played with him a bit, but I just found it kind of odd that we talked and talked and then he couldn't understand I was asking for his name...

Evil Queen
07-12-2008, 12:35 AM
I get that every once in a great while. I think he might have needed an extra shot of caffeine....

Broomjockey
07-12-2008, 01:28 AM
I forgot my name for a good 10 seconds once. Then when I remembered, I said the wrong name. Called myself Matthew. I'm not a Matthew.

Evil Queen
07-12-2008, 02:13 AM
Of course not. You're Jack O'Neill! :p

Becks
07-12-2008, 03:17 PM
I forgot my name once. I had to mentally list my sisters, SIL, future SIL, nieces and various friends. I finally remembered. It was kinda fun.

sunnyswipe
07-12-2008, 03:27 PM
heh, the only way we're allowed to pass data protection with a customer is the question "mother's maiden name"
my god the answers we get
"you dont know your mothers maiden name?"

"is it......wonderwall? no? how about.......uh....dingo...?:D"

smileyeagle1021
07-12-2008, 10:52 PM
Of course not. You're Jack O'Neill! :p

remember, with 2 l's, there is another Jack Oniel with just 1 l, but he doesn't have as good a sense of humor...
:p

Broomjockey
07-13-2008, 12:29 AM
remember, with 2 l's,

*holds up 3 fingers*

I would like to point out I'm the _evil_ twin though. :p

AdminAssistant
07-14-2008, 09:45 PM
Mom forgets my name. A LOT. She tends to get Big Sis and I mixed up as well (never mind that she's a brunette and I'm a blonde and we really don't look alike). Needless to say, "Hey, You!" gets thrown around alot at home :rolleyes:

Bliss
07-15-2008, 05:11 AM
I think this should be excusable, but I never know my age. every time somebody asks my age I have to calculate it on the spot.

Imogene
07-19-2008, 07:38 PM
have to calculate it on the spot.

Same here... but, that might have more to do with my beliefs and the whole stroke thing... I could be wrong, I'm pretty sure I had to calculate even before the stroke.

GingerBiscuit
07-20-2008, 10:57 AM
I've forgotten my name in the past. I think you tend to go around thinking 'I, me, we' rather than thinking about yourself in terms of your name.

Slytovhand
07-21-2008, 06:03 PM
Well - you could always say what they do for mobile phones..."Umm - my name? ummm - sorry, I don't call myself very often.." :p

Yep - I have to do a quick calculation on my age too... perhaps it's wishful thinking?? :P Well - no, really it's cos I don't feel 'that old'....

JLRodgers
07-21-2008, 08:17 PM
I've forgotten my name before.... and my age... Almost never remember it. Although I've been asked what it is so much here lately I know it off the top of my head (or my mind quickly calculates 2008-1976 without me "knowing").

Of course if I have those annoying little sharp pain headache things -- I'll forget everything encluding the English language and how to move for a while (well, all languages, but I only really read/write/spead English).

Emrld
07-21-2008, 08:44 PM
My Dad used my Dog's name for me the other day and I responded. If was Mom laughing that got both of us to realize what had happened.