PDA

View Full Version : Oh my god. *short*

SorryIsGoodEnough
07-19-2008, 12:42 AM
This isn't really a SUCKY customer, just something I want to vent about.

Dear Asswipe Lady:

Yes, you are in a hotel. Yes, you will sleep here tonight. You may even call this your home away from home for the next three days.

However, the LOBBY is NOT your own private room. The lampshades are not there for you to inspect. In fact, your mere presence in this room for the past HOUR baffles me.

There is one thing you MUST realize: MY TEXTBOOK is NOT YOUR PROPERTY. It is NOT HOTEL PROPERTY. It is MY PERSONAL PROPERTY.

Do not reach over the desk and pick it up.

Do not flip through it.

DO freaking NOT pick up my notebook and read through my midterm answers.

It is NONE of your business.

You have gone out of your way to look into my personal belongings. Therefore, I am going out of MY way to pray to whatever deity is out there that housekeeping finds you maimed in your room tomorrow.

Sincerely,
Raydran At The Hotel You Think Is Way Too Overpriced

*seethes*

I have a HUGE issue with strangers touching my stuff. Can you tell?

SG15Z
07-19-2008, 12:53 AM
Dude if someone took my personal stuff and started to go through it I would yank it back and tell them to never do that again. And if they do, get management involved. Never let someone go through your stuff without a fight.

Evil Queen
07-19-2008, 01:28 AM
I'd be pissed to. What a jerk!

smileyeagle1021
07-19-2008, 01:36 AM
oh I'd be pissed too... especialy sense I often do my homework on my laptop (ecel is a glorious program)... if someone goes for my laptop, I am paranoid enough to assume they mean to steal it and I will react accordingly!

tropicsgoddess
07-19-2008, 01:49 AM
I can't stand when people touch and/or take my things without asking me. If that SC tries that again, yank it out of her hands.

LibraryLady
07-21-2008, 06:22 PM
I've had that happen on cruise ships.

After breakfast my husband goes back to our cabin for certain physical things he must do ;).

I choose to take out a crossword book and sit on the Lido deck with a cup of coffee until my body decides it's time to do You-Know-What. I can't tell you how often I've left my coffee and puzzles on the table when nature calls and return to find someone working a puzzle in my absence. The usurper in question may even be drinking my coffee and pocketing my nice pens.

Hand it over, Dude. You ain't gonna be getting away with that. {Tap Tap Tap of the delicately shod foot}

SteeleDragon78
07-21-2008, 06:58 PM
I've had that happen on cruise ships.

After breakfast my husband goes back to our cabin for certain physical things he must do ;).

I choose to take out a crossword book and sit on the Lido deck with a cup of coffee until my body decides it's time to do You-Know-What. I can't tell you how often I've left my coffee and puzzles on the table when nature calls and return to find someone working a puzzle in my absence. The usurper in question may even be drinking my coffee and pocketing my nice pens.

Hand it over, Dude. You ain't gonna be getting away with that. {Tap Tap Tap of the delicately shod foot}

ive had that happen, you might get away with my coffee, not so much with my puzzles. but ill break thumbs for my pens. i have to supply my own writing implements. and when its almost $20 for the ones i use (most comfy pens ive ever written with) youre not walking away with them

JustADude
07-23-2008, 08:15 AM

I saw that as something slightly, but significantly, different when I read that the first time.

Yes, my mind is in the gutter. :D

iradney
07-23-2008, 08:34 AM
I can't tell you how often I've left my coffee and puzzles on the table when nature calls and return to find someone working a puzzle in my absence. The usurper in question may even be drinking my coffee and pocketing my nice pens.

This is the point where iradney opens her big mouth and yells "GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY STUFF, THIEF! WHAT THE HELL, YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO FORK OUT XX BUCKS FOR YOUR OWN CROSSWORD BOOK????!!?"

Yes, I'm loud, and I hatehatehateHATE people like that. With the fire of a billion fiery suns.

MoxisPilot
07-23-2008, 11:28 AM
Why were you doing homework at work? I'm just asking - not saying you're in the wrong or anything, but I've never been allowed to bring "personal entertainment" on the job. (As if homework is somehow entertaining, right?)

katie kaboom
07-23-2008, 03:12 PM
Why were you doing homework at work? I'm just asking - not saying you're in the wrong or anything, but I've never been allowed to bring "personal entertainment" on the job. (As if homework is somehow entertaining, right?)

It's a good way to kill time when it's not busy. I used to do that when i was in school. Managers never said a word...then again, i don't think they ever caught me either.:p

SorryIsGoodEnough
07-23-2008, 03:26 PM
As long as I look up every time the doors open and I don't sit AT the computer, but way back by the little counter on the side, I can do whatever I want. I even read Cosmopolitan magazines (ZOMG BLENDED ORGASM splashed on the cover) and the owner has looked straight at me and kept walking.

When there are guests in the lobby, I have to put everything down, stand up at the computer terminal, and wait til they leave in case they need something.

Remember, I'm in a small town. My hotel only has 66 rooms. Once those are checked in, I have lots of spare time on my hands.

Emrld
07-23-2008, 03:56 PM
If I had pens that I didn't want walking off or puzzels I wanted other working . . .I would make sure I had a way to take them with me when nature called unless I had someone in my group to watch my things.
As for the drinking of someone elses beverage or eating off their plate . . . I don't understand how someone could do that.
The lady in the loby touching your things. Did you mention to her that those are your things? Maybe even stretch to say confidential company information? Or employee only items? A loby can be considered a public area to guests . . .kinda like a waiting room. All the books and magazines are for anyone in the room.
Do you have your things behind the counter? If so then the woman was way out of line and some polite education would be in order. As in "Ma'am I am would like to inform you that you are in an employee only area. Since you are not an Employee I must insist you leave the area The other side of the counter all the way to the far wall is the lobby area for the public's use."

SorryIsGoodEnough
07-23-2008, 04:15 PM
Do you have your things behind the counter? If so then the woman was way out of line and some polite education would be in order. As in "Ma'am I am would like to inform you that you are in an employee only area. Since you are not an Employee I must insist you leave the area The other side of the counter all the way to the far wall is the lobby area for the public's use."

I had my stuff by the computer. She had to reach OVER the really high counter (that many hotels have at the front desk) to grab it. That's why I was so :jawdrop: about it.

Emrld
07-23-2008, 04:27 PM
Then yes, I would be in shock.
Maybe you have the ability to make your guests feel so at home they forget about boundries?
I am sorry someone touched your belongings. It is obvious she overstepped her bounds as a guest.
Here is a virtual hug . . .which means you get a hug but in no way shape or form do I actually touch you or your belongings. (You don't know me yet and I am respecting your boundries :D )

TheTigress
07-24-2008, 12:09 AM
I saw that as something slightly, but significantly, different when I read that the first time.

Yes, my mind is in the gutter. :D

Trust me, you weren't the only one. :lol:

sms001
07-24-2008, 12:29 AM
I had my stuff by the computer. She had to reach OVER the really high counter.

So when you said "Excuse me ma'am - those are my personal belongings, could I have them back please?" what did she do?

SorryIsGoodEnough
07-24-2008, 01:12 AM
I have this stare that I give people that makes them feel either retarded or guilty.

I unleashed it on the woman, and she put it down and walked away. I then took the cookies away from the counter so she and her party couldn't have any.

I put them back when they left.

edible_hat
07-24-2008, 01:14 AM

It all depends - my work is a small, family-run business and we're allowed to do pretty much whatever we want as long as the work gets done. I stand around reading stuff from http://booksinmyphone.com/ when it's quiet. One of my co-workers is also a freelance translator, he just spent 3 months of night shifts translating a book. Our boss knows about it and doesn't care as long as the stuff he's paying us to do gets done.

Becks
07-24-2008, 04:01 PM
I then took the cookies away from the counter so she and her party couldn't have any.

How evil.

Becks Seal of Approvalę.

SpyOne
07-25-2008, 07:51 AM
I must say I see a slight difference here:

A book of crossword puzzles left unattended is often meant as a "gift" to someone else. People often walk away from a half cup of coffee with no intention of returning, and pens are, again, often left with every intention of relinquishing all claims of ownership.

Something like that, left unattended in a public area, is easily mistaken for having been intentionally abandoned.

Anything you have to reach over the Front Desk to get is clearly not yours, and if it were meant to be avilable to the public it would be.
If it had been left on one of those little end tables in a public seating area, it would not be rude to pick it up and start reading it. But intruding (even if it is just your arm that does so) into an area that is clearly meant for employees only is out of line, and deserves a stern rebuke.

Something along the lines of, "EXCUSE ME," (as you take back the book) "Can I help you with something?"
Even if you are busy with someone else. Politely ask them to excuse you, then turn up the volume for the lady.

iradney
07-25-2008, 08:15 AM
What if, say, a jacket is left hanging over the chair at the table with said crossword on it? That would indicate that someone is coming back, yes? Which should then cancel out the "free gift" the crossword puzzle is supposed to be.

smileyeagle1021
07-25-2008, 07:57 PM
I have this stare that I give people that makes them feel either retarded or guilty.

I unleashed it on the woman, and she put it down and walked away. I then took the cookies away from the counter so she and her party couldn't have any.

hmm, small hotel with cookies in the evening for guests... and a pool and breakfast(?)... I think we may work for the same chain... by chance are you using Softhotel on your computers (worst PMS ever... Property Management System for those of you in the gutter).

Pagan
07-26-2008, 05:36 AM

A lot of places that are in cities and towns with colleges and universities are pretty cool about that kind of thing. I was working on my presentation in the Pres Hospital in-patient pharmacy the other night. That was kind of weird though, to be that slow in a hospital pharmacy....until 9pm and then everybody in the bleeding hospital decided they had to order meds right that very damn moment.

BookstoreEscapee
08-09-2008, 12:36 AM
A lot of places that are in cities and towns with colleges and universities are pretty cool about that kind of thing.

I worked in my college's little fast food-type place when I was in school. If we weren't busy and we were caught up on prep work and were reasonably clean, we would do homework. The manager didn't care as long as we paid attention to any customers, and since it was a tiny place, you couldn't miss them coming in.

Oh, and taking the cookies away is so something I would do, too. :devil: