PDA

View Full Version : my mom's brainburp (short)

smileyeagle1021
07-19-2008, 04:23 AM
Ok, so this happened wednesday, but just now I'm getting around to it... even though I now have plenty of time...
but she called, asked what was new, I told her that some idiot hit a power pole and knocked out power for 800 people, myself included. Anyway, we talk for about half an hour and I start hearing the low battery tone on my phone. I tell her, sorry but my battery is dying and I'll probably drop the call...
she asked why I couldn't just plug the phone in my charger...
i asked her what good it would do...
she told me it would charge the battery
I asked where it would get the power
she then remembered that a black out meant no power for my cell phone either... :lol:

Evil Queen
07-19-2008, 05:35 AM
My Mom's done that too. :lol:

Becks
07-19-2008, 03:00 PM
The MOTH's mother has done that, too.

More than once. In the same conversation, even.

Slytovhand
07-21-2008, 06:05 PM
Isn't that when you try to turn the lights on to look for the candles and torch???

smileyeagle1021
07-22-2008, 04:50 AM
Isn't that when you try to turn the lights on to look for the candles and torch???

sadly I've done that before... :cry:

Arm
07-22-2008, 03:41 PM
I had a blackout here a few weeks ago... Called my brother (in the next town) to see if he wanted to go catch a movie. He asked me to look up the show times online.

Wound up with this conversation:

"I have no power!"
"Yeah, but your laptop has a battery."
"...my internet doesn't."

wagegoth
07-22-2008, 07:36 PM
My new cable modem has a battery backup.

smileyeagle1021
07-22-2008, 08:34 PM
My new cable modem has a battery backup.

i want one *does the pooty 4 year old face*

my dsl modem is an old pos... nice router, but it doesn't have battery either.

draftermatt
07-24-2008, 06:17 PM
I did that.

Hurricane/Tropical Storm Isabell came through and we lost power for a week.

Middle of the week I notice my cell is dying so I plug it in and get really irritated that it won't charge.

Until I realized that it wasn't going to since I was sitting in a pitch black room.

Pagan
07-25-2008, 01:24 AM

Yeah, I was doing that Sunday after lightening took out a transformer and our power....

BUT....on the plus side, when the power came back on, there was a little bump that reset something in my computer and yea! my soundcard is working again!

Gawdzillers
07-29-2008, 06:33 PM
I always flip the switch when I go to the bathroom in a blackout.

:lol: You haven't lived until you've held a flashlight in your mouth to make sure you aren't peeing on the floor.

Broomjockey
07-29-2008, 08:37 PM
:lol: You haven't lived until you've held a flashlight in your mouth to make sure you aren't peeing on the floor.

Lights hurt too much at night, so I've just memorized the layout of my bathroom.:angel:

JustADude
07-30-2008, 11:31 AM

That's why I love wearing glasses:

Glasses + adjustable Micro Booklight Thingie = Headlamp

Pagan
07-30-2008, 10:15 PM
Lights hurt too much at night, so I've just memorized the layout of my bathroom.:angel:

I could do that, but lately I've been plagued with cucarachas and don't want to take the chance of stepping on one in the dark. :puke: If that happened, you'd all have to come visit me in my padded room in Las Vegas (NM, where the state mental hospital is).