PDA

View Full Version : mmm, baked cream

edible_hat
08-26-2008, 10:58 AM
This one's an almost brain burp, by me, in my own home.

I served myself a bowl of ice cream, and nearly put the container "back" in the oven. Which was warm from my fiance heating up a sausage roll.

iradney
08-26-2008, 11:59 AM
Well, if you put some meringue around it, you could have a kind of Baked Alaska...kinda...sorta.....
But don't worry, it's happened often enough to me when I make coffee/tea, that I try and put the kettle in the fridge, the milk in the cupboard and the sugar on the kettle powerthingie....

crazylegs
08-26-2008, 12:27 PM
I keep finding the back door keys in the knife drawer rather than the junk drawer (they're 90 degrees apart), but I've yet to put them in the fridge.

Give me time eh? :D

icmedia
08-26-2008, 01:42 PM
That's nothing compared to the time when one of the (stoner) fry cooks decided to make fried ice cream at my last restaurant job.

He wasn't aware of the fact that you have to coat said ice cream in some sort of breading or batter first. :o

RayvenQ
08-26-2008, 05:20 PM
I once ALMOST emptied an entire 1Kg bag of sugar right into my pint mug while making a brew.

Amina516
08-26-2008, 06:52 PM
I love when I find the TV remote in the freezer...:p

Nashida
08-26-2008, 09:03 PM
There's ketchup packets in my car's glove compartment..have yet to figure out how they got there.

I'm also guilty of putting lemonade picthers in the pantry rather than the fridge. And I've left the remote in the fridge twice.

Aethian
08-26-2008, 09:22 PM
Work badge in the freezer, keys in the fridge, phone on the tv (it has it's own cubby for charging), DVD's in the freezer...Books and sweater in the fridge (put the wrong bag into the frdige after a shopping trip)

Amina516
08-26-2008, 09:23 PM
Books and sweater in the fridge (put the wrong bag into the drige after a shoping trip)

:roll::roll::roll::roll:

Thats too funny!

GyroKat
08-26-2008, 09:47 PM
When I was living at home, my mum would often leave the remote in weird places, usually the kitchen when she went out to get a snack or some coffee. After a while, I got pretty good at guessing where she'd left it, based on the snacks/coffee she had.

It would usually be in the cupboards (either the one with mugs, or the one with coffee and snacks) or on the counters, or sometimes on the dinner table, but one day I couldn't find it. My mum couldn't either. I looked at the food she had got, and noticed a slice of bread with cheese and green pepper. I looked in the fridge, and the remote was in the crisper! With half a bell pepper and some carrots.

She never lived that down.

BookstoreEscapee
08-27-2008, 02:41 AM
Last week I almost put the Ovaltine jar in the fridge with the milk.

Well, that was the most recent time, anyway...

Aethian
08-27-2008, 02:47 AM
Last week I almost put the Ovaltine jar in the fridge with the milk.

Well, that was the most recent time, anyway...

Mom always keeps hers in there. Says it tastes better and mixes in better.

Bandit
08-27-2008, 02:51 AM
Baked Alaska...kinda...sorta.....

Dog, I used to love the Baked Alaska my mom used to make. I miss my mom. :cry:

</threadjack>

I've found the remote in the fridge or the freezer enough that when I can't find it right away, that's the first place I look.

DVDs in the bathroom.

Game CDs in the middle of the music CD rack.

The worst was when I left the phone in the (thankfully cold) BBQ for about a week. IIRC, that's when I was about to light the BBQ and the ex called after wrecking the car.

B