PDA

View Full Version : Looking right at it

edible_hat
09-02-2008, 05:53 AM
Customer staring at the ATM: "Where's your ATM? Oh wait I'm an idiot."

powerboy
09-02-2008, 06:59 AM
That reminds me of the time I was shopping with my mother years ago. We needed to get batteries. We went down the isle that had them. Stopped and looked at the batteries, put them back down and got in line. On the way home, we both realized that we had the batteries in our hands and we talked about them all the while in the store. But we had put them down. And to top it off, they were the size that we needed:rolleyes:

Muses_nightmare
09-02-2008, 08:14 AM
I used to have customers stand directly in front of a giant rack of batteries (the thing was 4 feet high, and about the same length) and guess what they'd ask? yep, "where are the batteries" I usually just told them to turn around.

Becks
09-02-2008, 05:16 PM
I've done that...asking about a specific spice when I'm staring straight at it.

jedimaster91
09-02-2008, 10:03 PM
I misplaced my car keys once and they were in my hand the whole time I was frantically looking for them.

Evil Queen
09-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Just today a guy asked me where the bathroom was.

While standing in front of the well marked Men's Room door. :D I told him "It's right in front of you." He looked like he did a mental :doh: and went in.

Becks
09-03-2008, 03:09 PM
I misplaced my car keys once and they were in my hand the whole time I was frantically looking for them.

I've done that, too. But I didn't get frantic.

Except for the time I was finishing my shift and went to put my rings and watch back on. Couldn't find them. Starting freaking out.

Looked down at my hands and there they were. :doh:

greek_jester
09-03-2008, 07:46 PM
I usually tell the clerk that I'm sure I walked right past it, and could they please tell me where whatever I'm looking for is. At least it clears up any confusion that they might have about whether I'm the sort of idiot that could be standing right in front of something and still not see it.

I do this quite frequently. I have a tendency to walk up & down an aisle 3 or 4 times that I know damn well the item is in, but I just can't seem to find it. I then grab the nearest friendly-looking employee that I see and apologise profusely. Most of them seem to find it quite amusing, & a few of them have even started walking in my direction & asking what I'm after when I've made the 2nd pass through the aisle! :ashamed:

Raieth
09-04-2008, 08:30 AM
I can always find something for someone else.

Looking for bf watch under a pile of boxes in a dark corner, found.

Looking for my keys on the desk beside me, lost.

:hairpull:

bainsidhe
09-07-2008, 06:38 AM
Customer staring at the ATM: "Where's your ATM? Oh wait I'm an idiot."

I once asked a store associate in the mall where I could find an ATM. This is the basic conversation:

Me: Bows
A: Associate

Me: Excuse me, do you know where I can find an ATM?
A: What?
Me: An ATM? Where can I find one?
A: (Looks confused, shakes head). What are you looking for?
Me: An ATM...a cash machine?
A: (blank stare, shakes head again). What is that?
Me: (blinks) An ATM? You know, a cash machine, a debit card machine. I can withdraw money from my checking account using my debit card?
A: (stares)
Me: (stares back)
A: Um, maybe you can go to the bank? It's 3 stores down that way...

Now this was my first time visiting Little Rock. Perplexed as I was, I thought maybe it was a regional difference and people didn't call it an ATM there. I go to the bank, hesitantly ask if they had an ATM and was convinced I'd hit another round of confusion.

Bank Associate: Oh sure, the ATM is just down that way (points)
Me: Um...do you call it an ATM machine here or do you call it something else?
Bank Associate: (Looks a little confused and laughs) No, we call it an ATM machine.
Me: Thanks :o