PDA

View Full Version : Inviting brain burps

Jay 2K Winger
09-02-2008, 06:07 AM
I get bored easily. It's the consequence of having a mind that won't stay still for more than five seconds. As such, I find little ways to amuse myself, like Ninja-ing my coworkers and so on.

Sometimes, I'll give creative responses to common customer questions.

Customer: *filling out check* What's today?
J2K: Monday.
Customer: Than-- *stops, gives me a look*
J2K: [rattles off date]
Customer: ...you get bored a lot, don't you?
J2K: Is it really that obvious?

(This one actually happened)
Customer: Is today [the 2nd]?
J2K: Only until midnight.
Customer: *blank look* What happens then?
J2K: *blink* *smiles*
Customer: *realizing* Oh! *embarrassed*

KiaKat
09-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Oooooo.

I'm going to have to try that. We don't accept cheques, but people ask me the date (or time, I'm trying to figure out an adaptation for time) almost every day.

jedimaster91
09-02-2008, 10:04 PM
When people ask me if today is such and such day, I reply, "All day." I picked it up from my mom and it drives my husband crazy. :D

Ratha
09-03-2008, 12:50 AM
Oooooo.

I'm going to have to try that. We don't accept cheques, but people ask me the date (or time, I'm trying to figure out an adaptation for time) almost every day.

*snrk* When someone asks my mom the time, she tends to answer "Two freckles past a monkey's hair." Drives my stepdad nuts. :lol:

Kittish
09-03-2008, 02:43 AM
For the time, could always give it in Greenwich Mean Time. That should mess people up fairly badly. Or ask them for what time zone? Especially if they're standing right in front of you.

wynjara
09-03-2008, 04:57 AM
My household's standard answer for time is "Same time as yesterday but a day later"

El Pollo Guerrera
09-03-2008, 07:33 AM
My favorite response to the question "What time is it?" is this...

"What? NOW???"

:D