PDA

View Full Version : New Twist on "Do you work here?"

Dave1982
09-26-2008, 01:37 AM
I was helping a customer pick a paper shredder when another woman approached us. I was in my full uniform with the shirt that says "STAPLES" and had my nametag on. I was turned so the approaching woman could see all this.

So, rather than ask me for help, she touched my customer on the elbow and said "Excuse me? Could I ask you where something is?" :wtf:

My customer was wearing a white shirt, tan pants, and reddish shoes. In other words, nothing even approaching the attire of a Staples associate. Plus, I was right there. And she decided that it was the customer who was really the employee. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the shredder customer took it in stride and said "Oh, you can borrow him for a minute." :lol:

SilverOrb
09-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Are we starting a new "Dave for rent" program? You must let us know if it is a rent to own or simply a loaner.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Becks
10-02-2008, 01:48 AM
You know, from now on, whenever someone asks me if I work there I'll just answer "No. They just pay me to show up. If they want work done, they have to give me a raise."

Evil Queen
10-02-2008, 02:01 AM
Oh Daaaaaaaaavveee.... can I rent you? :angel:

Dave1982
10-02-2008, 02:50 AM
Oh Daaaaaaaaavveee.... can I rent you? :angel:

Yes, but I charge extra to bring the DeLorean. :p

SilverOrb
10-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Heeeeey no fair. I asked first. Evil Queen, we can share.

Irving Patrick Freleigh
10-02-2008, 06:03 PM
OMG!

I think I saw somebody do the same thing yesterday! :lol:

I saw these two older ladies perusing some stuff in one of the aisles, and there was a guy kinda following after them and asking them "Excuse me...excuse me...do you know where something is?"

Yes, it was Senior Day yesterday. Why do you ask? :angel:

Dave1982
10-03-2008, 01:19 AM
Heeeeey no fair. I asked first. Evil Queen, we can share.

No need to fight. There's plenty of me to go around. :D

Evil Queen
10-03-2008, 01:59 AM
Yes, but I charge extra to bring the DeLorean. :p

That's okay, I'm sure my neighbor down the street will let you drive his. :D

Hey SilverOrb, I'll share. :devil:

SilverOrb
10-04-2008, 04:01 PM
We'll divvy him up... Let's take turn on weeks... Poor Dave, doesn't know what he's in for.

On a "side" note: I had someone try to follow my mother around the store yesterday, kept saying "ma'am" repeatedly. My mother ignored him... A store worker had to stop him. Wonder if he thought she worked there?

Slytovhand
10-04-2008, 04:41 PM
Dave - do you come with an EPP?? And if so, for how long? Is it back to base? And upgrades... what can I get? And I've heard things about the 1982 model - do you have something more recent??

:p

Primer
10-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Dave, while you're in Texas working for EQ, you're really not all that far from me, and I have some things that need to be done.... DH just had his back surgery and isn't quite up and around yet....

Dave1982
10-04-2008, 09:39 PM
That's okay, I'm sure my neighbor down the street will let you drive his. :D

Hey SilverOrb, I'll share. :devil:

We'll divvy him up... Let's take turn on weeks... Poor Dave, doesn't know what he's in for.

On a "side" note: I had someone try to follow my mother around the store yesterday, kept saying "ma'am" repeatedly. My mother ignored him... A store worker had to stop him. Wonder if he thought she worked there?

Dave - do you come with an EPP?? And if so, for how long? Is it back to base? And upgrades... what can I get? And I've heard things about the 1982 model - do you have something more recent??

:p

http://img2.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/happy/happy0040.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net/free-angel-smileys.php)

Well.....at least I can keep busy once I leave the hellhole that is my current job!!!! :roll:

And yes, any heath insurance provider would live to sell you an EPP on me. :lol:

SilverOrb
10-05-2008, 12:11 AM
You know those EEP's are always a waste of money. Besides, I'm American.... We use up a resourse, then throw it away and get a new one.