PDA

View Full Version : Apparaently we now have an exit.

fireheart
09-30-2008, 01:16 AM
Background: my supermarket is part of a very large shopping centre. We do not have an exit door anywhere near us, the closest one is a fair distance away. The only doors nearby are the supplier/worker exits (the trolley boys also use them), parcel pickup and the fire doors.

Story: I arrive at work the other day and am put to work cleaning off registers as we weren't very busy. I head into the parcel pickup area to pick up some stuff (the PPU area is used as a sort of "back dock" area for the checkout staff as well, plastic bags, cleaning gear, magazines and promotional stuff are kept there as well) and I run into a guy carrying some bags.

Guy: Hey, wasn't there an exit here?
Me: No sir, there isn't. You just need to head out that way. (I wanted to add "like everyone else is doing")

Seriously, if people are heading back out into the mall, you would realise that it's the only exit within the store.

Evil Queen
09-30-2008, 01:18 AM
Tell him he's stuck in the Cube but if he can figure out the math, the original room he was in is actually the way out. :D

Aethian
09-30-2008, 01:26 AM
That was bad Queen... *snugs* The cube... *giggles*

Evil Queen
09-30-2008, 01:30 AM
It was a lame ass movie too because the only person that survived was the guy with the mental handicap, so he couldn't tell anyone about it. :rolleyes: go figure, ya know?

smileyeagle1021
09-30-2008, 01:49 AM
It was a lame ass movie too because the only person that survived was the guy with the mental handicap, so he couldn't tell anyone about it. :rolleyes: go figure, ya know?

yeah at least in Sphere they had 3 people survive who were able to use the Sphere's power to forget what they had seen...

Evil Queen
09-30-2008, 01:52 AM
Now THAT is an ending! I haven't seen Sphere yet, sounds like I should.

Kheldarson
09-30-2008, 02:32 AM
It's an awesome book too...haven't seen the movie though.

edible_hat
09-30-2008, 08:23 AM

Hypercube (the sequel) is worse.

Evil Queen
09-30-2008, 08:45 AM
Hypercube (the sequel) is worse.

So I've heard, which is why I've not watched it. I'd be wasting two and a half hours of my life.

Broomjockey
09-30-2008, 03:58 PM
No, the waste is then to see Cube Zero, the prequel, and really expect it to be any different. Well it is. In that it's worse. Everything's lower tech (since it's earlier), but with better effects (since it was made a few years later, with a bigger budget). But the plot's worse.

Primer
09-30-2008, 08:43 PM
but are there any decent math references???

I'm such a geek.

Broomjockey
09-30-2008, 09:11 PM
Actually, it's almost exactly like the first one. I think right down to the numbers and their significance on the enterances.

Evil Queen
09-30-2008, 09:55 PM
But the plot's worse.

The plot to the original was actually pretty decent, I thought. I just wish it was executed better; it could have been a really good movie.

Broomjockey
09-30-2008, 10:06 PM
The plot to the original was actually pretty decent, I thought.

It was. But the prequel has the same plot. But just worse. I'd say watch it to see for yourself, but that's not a very nice thing to do to someone.

Evil Queen
09-30-2008, 10:19 PM
Awww, you're being nice to me!

*gives cookies*

I'll take your word on it.

Broomjockey
09-30-2008, 10:44 PM
*gives cookies*

I'll take your word on it.

Yay! Cookies and trust! Best combination ever! And yes, it takes a lot for me to pan a movie as bad, so when I say "stay away" it's usually a good idea o_O

Unless you're having a "bad movie night" to MST3K it. Then it's fine.

Evil Queen
09-30-2008, 10:51 PM
MST3K?

<3

Too bad I'm taken. :D By a guy with ALL the MST3K discs. :D

Broomjockey
09-30-2008, 10:54 PM
Too bad I'm taken. :D By a guy with ALL the MST3K discs. :D

Curses, unavailable, despite the fact that you're a couple thousand Km away and we have almost no chance of running into each other. Always my luck. *kicks at the dirt*

Evil Queen
09-30-2008, 11:02 PM
Aww, you're so cute when you're upset.

http://img2.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/love/love0073.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net/free-unhappy-smileys.php)

Hey. Canada is closer then some of my friends in merry old England.

fireheart
10-02-2008, 12:04 AM
Lol, I've had a few people ask me if they can use Parcel Pickup as an exit.
My grandma lives around there and I always used to be babysat by her when I was sick or when I was little, so she'd take me to the supermarket where I now work (weird huh :p). This was some 18 years ago.
From what I know, the store has never had it's own exit door and will never have it's own exit door. That door is parcel pickup and always has been.