PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE tell me someone else has done this...!

Amina516
10-01-2008, 01:31 AM
Or I may think Im having early onset alzheimers!!

I get in the shower tonite and Im wondering why something feels wrong. It takes almost a full minute of me just standing there to realize that I STILL HAVE MY FREAKIN SOCKS ON!!

Wow...I amaze myself....

Evil Queen
10-01-2008, 01:47 AM
You're very tired, aren't you? :p

Kirkygirl
10-01-2008, 03:40 AM
I've done that sort of thing before. Not to worry, you've probably just have been working your ass off like the rest of us lowly peons. :D

Amina516
10-01-2008, 11:31 PM
LMAO...I was tired but still bewildered at how I could do that and not immediately realize it....

Kiwi
10-01-2008, 11:37 PM
ive done that but i was extremely tired at the time

i did realise it as soon as the water hit though

man that feels NASTY when water seeps through your socks

greek_jester
10-02-2008, 07:55 AM
Not socks, but I have forgotten my glasses a few times. Going blind when the water hits is usually a good clue.

RichS
10-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Not socks, but I have forgotten my glasses a few times. Going blind when the water hits is usually a good clue.

I've done that too - you're just so used to having them on all the time, that you forget...until you go into the shower. :lol:

Becks
10-02-2008, 04:19 PM
I've kept my glasses on.

My not waterproof watch, too.

CoffeeMonkey
10-03-2008, 02:47 AM
Back in high school I spent a couple of summers at a music camp called Blue Lake. Now, I was a girl scout. My family camped frequently, too. So to me, the point of camp is to be outside, and not freak out about things like sand. To most of the girls at Blue Lake, camp was about music. Period. So when you put 80 girls into a unit with five showers, it takes a battle plan to shower in the morning. Girls would get up at five in the morning to get into the shower before breakfast. I just waited til rest time and had plenty of time and hot water...but enough background.

So one night, about three am, many of us in the cabin are awakened by a thud and loud clang. Somone's alarm clock had fallen off its shelf and down the floor. No big deal, go back to sleep. One girl got up and left the cabin. She woke up, realized she had to use the facilities, and went out, right?

Oh, no. She heard the clang, got up, SLEEPWALKED to the bathhouse and didn't wake up til she was halfway through her shower. At which point she just finished cleaning up and then came back to bed.

edible_hat
10-03-2008, 03:44 AM
I've got a friend who does the sock thing all the time. His dad says he has youngtzimer's disease.

Kiwi
10-03-2008, 07:28 AM
ironically last night I did this.. well kinda

as I lived in a flat with 5 other people, I have 100% plastic shower jandles

I also have plan blue jandles to wear around the house so I dont have to touch the grimey floor, these are fabric covered. I got into the shower last night and about 2 seconds later realised which jandles I had on my feet.....

iradney
10-03-2008, 07:47 AM
I believe I win.
Back in highschool, when I still wore glasses, I walked around the house for 30 minutes looking for my glasses....WHILE WEARING THEM. Over my eyes, not propped up on my head or anything. One would think I'd have clued up when I could actually SEE and not walk into anything, but nope, I was convinced I didn't have my glasses.
*sigh*

Plus, when making tea, I've actually put the kettle in the fridge and the milk in the cupboard once.

crazylegs
10-03-2008, 08:53 PM
I believe I win.
Back in highschool, when I still wore glasses, I walked around the house for 30 minutes looking for my glasses....WHILE WEARING THEM.

On a related note I've stomped around work for a good five minutes, getting more and more irate, rummaging in my locker, upturning both offices looking for my kit belt. Until I realise I'm wearing it (it's not light either).

Broomjockey
10-03-2008, 10:33 PM
How does sticking your finger in your eye in an attempt to remove glasses that are already on the counter rate?

powerboy
10-04-2008, 10:28 AM
I have this one pen light. I used it at work to show this one unit that was completely dark and on investigations. Notice the keyword being "used". After one day at work, when I taking out the trash. I reached into my pocket and tossed it away. The next day I was looking for it all over and I realized that the garbage men had already came by, that I tossed it into the dumpster. It was less than $5.00, but damn. The light was perfect, it was just the right size.

Heatherina
10-04-2008, 03:43 PM
I sometimes hop into the shower with my glasses still on. :P

GingerBiscuit
10-04-2008, 08:35 PM
I regularly find myself either in bath or showere with glasses still on.

Once, hung over and sleepy I get up, head to the shower, turn it on... only to realise I am still wearing my pyjama top. When I begin to body scrub.

McGoddess09
10-04-2008, 08:48 PM
I've gone looking around for my cellphone,WHILE TALKING ON IT, and saying aloud "Where the hell is my cellphone?"

Needless to say, that made the person on the other line go Hmmm.

I've done this more than once.

purplecat41877
10-05-2008, 01:28 AM
I've gone into the shower with my earrings on. As soon as I realize this, I take out the earrings, and I end up putting them on the window sill just outside the shower.:o

XCashier
10-05-2008, 05:54 AM
How does sticking your finger in your eye in an attempt to remove glasses that are already on the counter rate?
Hee! I've pushed my finger into the bridge of my nose, attempting to adjust my glasses, when I was wearing contacts at the time. Yeah, that looked pretty dumb. :o

I too have gotten into the shower with glasses on, or a ponytail holder still in my hair.

Maybe we should contact the makers of Gas-X into making a version that works on brain farts...!

Becks
10-05-2008, 04:51 PM
I've gone looking around for my cellphone,WHILE TALKING ON IT, and saying aloud "Where the hell is my cellphone?"

I've done that.

Plus spazzing out after my shift because I couldn't find my watch and rings in my apron pocket. I was already wearing them. :o

Nashida
10-05-2008, 07:12 PM
I've worn my glasses into the shower a couple times now. Once I had pajama pants on and stepped in..have yet to figure out how I did that.

I have a friend who took a shower and when she discovered the water was cold she screamed out "IT'S WET!!...wait..."

1756GR2
10-06-2008, 01:06 AM
Just got off the phone with my daughter because I couldn't stop laughing. She'd spent about five minutes of the conversation cussing and digging in her purse for something. When I finally asked her what she was looking for, she said, "I can't find my cell phone!!" "Um, hon, uh....." No, she doesn't use a headset.

I've left the glasses on in the shower, tried to wash my hair while it's pinned up, searched for a winter coat I'm already wearing. But I'm old, it's expected of me. ;)

Fenrus
10-06-2008, 03:14 AM
I've taken a shower a couple times before realizing I still have my undershirt on, really don't know how I did that one.

I've also been inside my RUNNING car, wondering where I put my keys...

I'm special...

smileyeagle1021
10-06-2008, 04:35 AM
I've also been inside my RUNNING car, wondering where I put my keys...

I'm special...

actually I've done that before too... then again I have one of those keys that you don't have to actually put in the ignition to get it to start (as long as your wireless key fob is in the car).

worst I've done with the really obvious stuff... I've before spent 15 minutes looking for the pair of glasses that I was wearing (and of course never thought it was odd that I could actually see clearly while I was looking for them :lol: )

Summerfly413
10-06-2008, 04:36 AM
I've gone into the shower with my underwear on, not realizing it

Same thing with my bra on.

Gone into the shower without putting out any towels, so I have to run half wet and completely naked across the house to get some

Tried to find my hairtie when it wa son my wrist or in my hair

Almost put the milk under the buffet, just stopping short and saying loudly as if it was the milk's fault "you don't belong down there!!"

Tried to find my phone while it was in my hand

And I don't really know what this was, but I drove a friend to the movies one day, and after I parked and took my keys out of the ignition, I kinda sat there for a second, pushing with my finger on the ignition where the key goes, for no reason at all, yet I felt I had to, until I realzied what I was doing made no sense....

And I'm 18 :P

powerboy
10-06-2008, 09:24 AM
when I was working at Walmart as a cart pusher. I was working second shift. Well I would wear sun glasses during the day and take them off when I do not need them. Well I done that, and I put them in my car. Well after work, I got into my car and put my sun glasses on. Got home and went inside and realized that I had them on.

Nashida
10-07-2008, 12:36 AM
Shoot, I pulled off another ingenious stunt yesterday.

My car's got two little levers down by the front of the door on the driver's side; one's for the gas door, the other pops the trunk. There's a third one alongside the driver's seat that tilts the seat back.

Yesterday I couldn't figure out for the life of me why I was looking at the ceiling of the car when I had pulled the lever for the trunk...

Gerrinson
10-07-2008, 02:23 PM
I wouldn't worry about Alzheimer's just yet. Probably just takes a while for your brain to wake up.

I got up the other day, spent a luxurious 1/2 hour in the shower - more than enough time to actually be awake, right?

I got out of the shower, grabbed my toothbrush, and proceeded to pump liquid hand soap (black raspberry, in case anyone cares) onto my toothbrush.

:confused: :eek: :doh:

And then I did it again the next day...

:o :( :cry:

morgana
10-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Socks? No.

Glasses? No.

Panties? Um, yeah . . .

:rolleyes:

DesignFox
10-08-2008, 03:25 AM
I say it's how you know it's time for a vacation...

Once, I put two DVDs into the tray of my DVD player...then I wondered why the tray wouldn't open...until my BF pried it open...and took both discs out.

Miraculously it still works after that.

(and yes, I got time off of work when I told my manager that)

Daisy
10-08-2008, 12:51 PM
Hmmm...

Looked everywhere for my cell phone while talking on it? Check

Freaked out about finding my car keys while inside my running car? Check

Constantly reaching up to adjust the glasses I am not wearing? Check

And once, back when I delivered pizza, I sat at a stop sign on a residential street for probably five minutes, until I realized it wouldn't be turning green.

edible_hat
10-08-2008, 08:27 PM
Yesterday I nearly forgot my glasses. Got as far as the car before I realised, so I had to go back upstairs and inside and find them.

I don't need them all the time, but it's a condition of my license that I wear them when driving.

pssorens
10-10-2008, 01:39 AM
today, i lost my cell phone in one foot by one foot by one foot box with nothing else in it..