PDA

View Full Version : Where are you?

BroSCFischer
10-04-2008, 06:47 AM
Tonight, when making a call, my coworker said: "Hi, this is Ben from the <not our hotel>..."

He used to work for another hotel and accidentally substituted it for our hotel.:lol:

Something I can tease him about, now.:D

SC

JoitheArtist
10-07-2008, 11:46 PM
I did that once. I had been at (women's social org) for 6 months or so, when I picked up the phone, and said, "Good morning, Ocean Shoes (my last job), how can I help you?"

Fortunately, the lady on the phone thought it was hysterically funny and was very nice about it.

smileyeagle1021
10-07-2008, 11:55 PM
Oh I have done that more times than I can count... especially when I was working at both the call center and the hotel (oh yeah, my managers at the call center were less than amused at me doing a greeting "thank you for calling (competing chain) Salt Lake Airport" especially when I was supposed to be acting like I was in house at the hotel that forwarded us the call... and damn, San Diego to Salt Lake for a second job is a bit of a commute. Answering the phone at the hotel as "reservation desk" wasn't as big of a deal though.

greek_jester
10-09-2008, 08:51 AM
I moved from a permanent job to a succession of temp jobs while waiting for our house to sell so that we could move across the country. Trying to keep track of which company I was working for that week? Not Fun. More than a few snafus.

PhotoChick
10-09-2008, 09:45 PM
When I worked at Store 2, we didn't have a full time phone operator. So the phone would ring overhead and a head cashier or the SCO person was to answer it. I was on SCO one day, the phone rang and I answered it "Thank you for calling Store 1" (Store number 1 was 2000 miles away, and they had probably never heard of that town." Person hangs up and seconds later the phone rings again. Whats even funnier is there's a recorded message before the phone rings to us that states the location name.

Evil Queen
10-09-2008, 10:53 PM
When I worked at the Bakery I once answered the phone with "Thank you for calling The Carolina Motel, how can I help you?"

That was my previous job.... 7 states away.... :ashamed: