View Full Version : This is it...

10-14-2008, 07:28 AM
Time is now 3:26 am. Dad and I are about to leave for hospital. Hospital called about donor and are on their way to pick up intestines now. Was rather confused when Mom woke me up at 2:55 but not as confused as the dog, who is still whimpering, begging to be let out of his cage. Everything is packed. Just waiting for Dad. There is a chance that this may end up like last time, but I hope not. Maybe a little part of me wish it does, but that's nervousness. Wish me luck!

10-14-2008, 07:32 AM
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10-14-2008, 07:37 AM
Good luck!! Holding thumbs and sending loads of happy thoughts

Supermarket Slave Girl
10-14-2008, 07:51 AM
Hope everything works out for you. Good Luck!!

10-14-2008, 08:03 AM
Here's hoping for the best!

10-14-2008, 11:01 AM
I'm hoping for the best this end.

10-14-2008, 12:47 PM
Good luck! You'll be in my thoughts!

10-14-2008, 01:06 PM
Break a leg!

10-14-2008, 01:08 PM
It'll work out.

10-14-2008, 02:22 PM
Good luck!!! :hug::salute::highfive::yourock::hug:


10-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Best of wishes to you!

10-14-2008, 03:58 PM
Wish I'd seen this earlier. Come back safe.


10-14-2008, 04:08 PM
Good Luck. Sending good healing thoughts your way!!

10-14-2008, 04:28 PM
Good Luck!

10-14-2008, 05:49 PM
I seriously hope everything works out beautifully.

10-14-2008, 06:40 PM
Good luck, Princess!! :)

10-14-2008, 06:53 PM
Sending positive thoughts your way, Princess! Here's to a digestively pleasant future.

Lady Legira
10-15-2008, 01:38 AM
Good luck, I hope you have a positive result from this one :)

Evil Queen
10-15-2008, 02:13 AM
Return safely! Preferably still alive and in one piece.


Amethyst Hunter
10-15-2008, 03:04 AM
Good luck!! :)

10-15-2008, 03:46 AM

10-15-2008, 01:24 PM
Good luck! I'll keep a candle lit.

10-15-2008, 06:09 PM
Best of luck, Princess!

Der Cute
10-15-2008, 06:55 PM
Good Luck and heal quickly!


10-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Good luck!


10-15-2008, 09:03 PM
Good Luck

10-15-2008, 09:07 PM
Any news yet? Anyone keep in contact with her outside of the boards?

Lil Bunny
10-15-2008, 09:11 PM
Sending good thoughts!!

10-18-2008, 06:29 AM
Introducing all the way from Massachussetts...heeeeeeeerrreeeee's my brand new intestines! This gift was given to me by a ##############. We checked into a bed at 5:00 am. Finally had surgery at 7 pm. Had to give myself an enema around 11:30 am to clean everything and given some medicine to make my antibodies stick together a couple hours later. Finally they knock me out at Tuesday night and I start remembering things at Thursday morning. They switched my ostomy onto my right side and added a j-gast tube. It'll stay here for a few more days. They said that my intestines was the worst one they had ever seen. It was all twisted and bloated and uggh. The surgery took about... I can't remember if it was 5 or 8 hours, but around that. Then they kept me knocked out for another 12 hours while I was on the ventilator. I still can't walk yet, but the nurses say that I'm the strongest they've seen so far. All that walking I've been doing made my legs strong enough to withstand pain when they roll me around daily, but for some reason, my left leg is all numb. No freakin' clue why. My sugar is real high, so they have to inject me with insulin. I told them to do it in my left leg so I don't feel anything. They just moved me out of the ICU around eight tonight. My leg is still numb, my throat is sore, my head is spinning from the morphine, and it hurts to cough! But so far, I'm happy! Hurray! :D *cough* *cough* ow. :(

10-18-2008, 08:17 AM
thats FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am SO happy for you

and remember your allowed to have as much jello as you want espcially the red stuff!!!

10-18-2008, 01:35 PM
Great news - keep on posting!


10-18-2008, 02:32 PM
ooooooh, shiny new intestines!! Yay!

I hope you have a speedy and pain-free recovery!

10-18-2008, 02:38 PM
Good luck! :D :salute::hug::highfive::bounce:

10-18-2008, 03:13 PM
YAY! Been checking in regularly to see if there were updates. So relieved to see that! Congrats on getting that present!

10-18-2008, 03:14 PM
I was too late to say "Good luck!" so now I'm saying "Congrats! I'm happy for you!" :grats: :highfive: :party:

10-18-2008, 04:35 PM
Yaay! :grats: Glad everything's going so well. Hope you are feeling better soon :)

10-18-2008, 04:42 PM
Yay!! Good news! You take care of yourself and get well fast sweetie. You're in our prayers.

10-18-2008, 06:18 PM
That's fantastic news, about time too! :D :highfive:

10-18-2008, 07:05 PM
Great News!

My thoughts (and CS.com's) are with you!


10-18-2008, 09:09 PM
I tried to walk today. My left leg completely failed on me. It slipped right beneath me and would not cooperate. I've been in bed completely motionless with an IV line infection for two weeks with no problem walking, but I'm bed-ridden after surgery for less than a week, and I can't walk anymore. How does this work? I cannot feel the top left part of my thigh at all. Physical therapy begins on Monday. On the plus side, they've removed the j-gast tube from my nose. Though I wished they have given me a little more of a pain program than "open up and say ah" while they yank the tube out of my throat. God, my throat burned for an hour after that.

Der Cute
10-19-2008, 01:12 AM
Woohoo! new guts! Yay!!!


10-19-2008, 01:21 AM
Yikes. I hope they didn't damage any nerves or anything. Hope your leg gets back to normal.

cinema guy
10-20-2008, 12:24 AM
Glad to hear it went well. I hope you recover quickly.

The Gatekeeper
10-20-2008, 01:27 AM
Well it sounds like you are on the mend, with the exception of your leg. Please keep us up to date if you can. It looks like you have made an impression on many of you fellow CSers (me included), and we only hope for the best for you.

10-20-2008, 01:34 AM
YAYNESS! I'm so happy for you!

Any sort of surgery sucks balls afterwards! Well most massive surgery anyways. Give your body time to fix itself, it's going mental right now trying to work out what the hell has just happened. Where did Mr intestines go and who the hell is that in their spot! If your leg doesn't mend just ask, I'm sure someone will know why, one would hope :p

But all in all! YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Get well soon! and keep us all updated!

10-28-2008, 01:19 AM
Well, this has been an interesting week. My leg is feeling much better. They think they might have compressed a nerve or something during surgery. I need to have my ostomy scoped two times a week. I was nervous the first time, so I was a bit upset and a nervous wreck during the procedure. Which made the social worker here think that I'm mentally retarded and illeterate. No, I'm not making that up. She called my mom a couple hours after the scope and asked my mom those very questions. Oh, and it wasn't just because I was upset during the scope, apparently it was also becuase I asked for a bit of sedation to help me relax. Yeah. I didn't know it was taboo to ask for a a bit of sedation for a procedure where they stick a camera and a biopsy needle up a hole in your abdomen, even for a first time patient. They did give me some versased like they do for other first time patients, but that apparently made no difference to Ms. Know-it-all. She wouldn't believe my mom at first and kept insisting I'm mentally retarded and started recommending psychiatrists, anti-depressants, mental help facilities. She made my mom hopping mad. When she came to talk to her the next day, she wasn't her and would remain out for the rest of the week.
Anyways, during the weekend my blood pressure decreased rapidly and I had to be transferred to the ICU. My IV line got infected which wouldn't be much of a problem if my immune system was working correctly. They had to take out the line and put a temporary one in my leg. They looked at me like I was nuts when I asked for sedation for the procedure. Luckily a doctor there understood and ordered it. The new line burns a bit though, so they're removing it and putting a PICC line somewhere in my arm the day after tomorrow. Again, I was looked at like I was nuts when the doctor ordered sedation. I'm out of the ICU now, it's much better over here. Well, that's the update for now.

10-28-2008, 01:22 AM
why is it taboo to ask for sedation? :confused::confused:

10-28-2008, 01:48 AM
Have they never had a patient who was nervous about an invasive procedure before? Especially after major surgery. Geez...

10-28-2008, 01:50 AM
Because the procedure is relatively painless. Your intestines don't have any nerve endings, so all you would feel is pressure, so sedation shouldn't be necessary. And because I'm having it done twice a week, I should suck it up and get used to it. :rolleyes:

10-28-2008, 03:13 AM
Because the procedure is relatively painless. Your intestines don't have any nerve endings, so all you would feel is pressure, so sedation shouldn't be necessary. And because I'm having it done twice a week, I should suck it up and get used to it. :rolleyes:

Well, you probably will get used to it, but they could have a little more compassion. I would hit you over the head with a mallet if you asked me to. :yes:

10-28-2008, 02:24 PM
The more threads I read on here about doctors, the angrier I get. The lack of compassion for fellow humans, especially their own patients, really chaps my behind.

I'm glad everything went well, Princess. Keep us updated as often as you can. We care for you very much and are always here for you!

10-28-2008, 02:26 PM
I'm glad to hear things are going well (in so far as your leg is doing better), and glad that your doctor gave you the sedation! I'd be scared too. Keep us posted hon, and know you're in our thoughts!

10-28-2008, 06:47 PM
You make sure you get better y'hear?

If it makes you feel any better whatsoever some random Englishman who you've never met (:wave:) is thinking of you.

(Glad to hear your legs on the mend too!)

10-28-2008, 07:00 PM
The more threads I read on here about doctors, the angrier I get. The lack of compassion for fellow humans, especially their own patients, really chaps my behind.

I feel very lucky to have a good doctor who does care about his patients, but I agree: Too many doctors seem to be in the business either for money or academic curiosity, not because they care. Worse yet, some seem to be there because they enjoy the feeling of power.

Snake, a friend of mine had a similar experience to yours, except instead of being labeled "mentally retarded" for her need for sedation before an injection (severe needle phobia), she was diagnosed with "Conversion Disorder" because the doctor perceived her as hysterical. Then, all the symptoms she was at the doctor for originally-- seizures, peripheral nerve death, irregular heartbeat, etc.-- were blamed on Conversion Disorder and she was offered a cushy spot in a psych ward where the neurologist assured her the therapists would be able to fix her right up. So yeah, people suck sometimes. Glad you're recovering!

Lady Legira
10-29-2008, 01:27 AM
Doctor thought I was odd because I told them that they would need to do a general anaesthetic for a simple procedure that "I should be able to relax and be fine with." So me and my mother nodded our heads and said go ahead and try. Guess what they failed I locked up tighter than a safe in bank. So they ended up doing what we had told them to do in the first place. :rolleyes:

Glad everything seems to be going well and hope you are doing even better before long! :hug:

10-29-2008, 02:16 AM
Im just reading this now.

I wish you the best of luck and a speedy recovery Princess. Be strong. :)

10-29-2008, 03:43 AM
The first time couple times I dislocated my knee the docs thought I was nuts because it always popped back into place.

It really made me upset that they did not believe me. It was not till there was a specialist in the ER one day for them to take me seriously.

12-12-2008, 03:42 PM
Damn, it's been a while since I was last here. So, the doctors had got me feeding formula through my g-tube. My left leg feels a whole lot better, except I can't feel my knee or knee muscles. I went home with only formula and saline the day before Thanksgiving. No TPN for the first time in my life! However, I am on a very strict diet. No fats, no sugar, no spices, nothing fried, no nuts, no fruits with seeds, no seafood, no wheat bread it has to be white bread, the list goes on and on. Basically just bland foods. They will eventually reintroduce these foods into my system, but for now my mom is going food crazy. She has gone and bought boxes and boxes of crackers, cheerios, rice, and baby food. She put bananas in the baby food and it was banana pudding. She's gone and thrown out all of the sweets in the house which has made my sister very upset.

Five days after returning home, I woke up with a 100 degree fever. Not really a big deal with most of you, but they told me if I got so much of a 99 degree fever, I was to report to the emergency room. So dad wakes up at 4 in the morning to drive me to the emergency room. So to make a long story short, I have a bladder infection, an IV line infection, and a virus. They stopped the feeds on discovering the virus. It's making my ostomy output way too high, so they're trying to figure out how to decrease the output and put me back on the feeds. I was supposed to go home today, but last night the output was at its highest yet and they didn't feel comfortable sending me home yet. So, I'm here for one more night. Oh, and I'm back on TPN. That's the update for now.

12-12-2008, 04:28 PM
We've been thinking about you and we'll keep you in our thoughts. I'm sorry you're sick but glad you're taking care of yourself.

Keep doing what the doctors tell you and keep us posted on how you're doing.

*sends cookies that magically conform to all your dietary needs* Trust me, when you can eat them again, I'm sure we'll all happily send you boxes of good homemade cookies. :p

Keep getting better!

12-12-2008, 05:47 PM
I am so glad to hear from you again!

I am also sorry to hear that you are back in the hospital.

Also, I second sending you yummy treats, When you can have them.

12-18-2008, 06:30 PM
I'm glad you made it home, but sad you're back in again. :(

TPN sucks. My son was on TPN with lipids off and on for periods when he was unable to take food by mouth or his g-tube. It looked like milky pee.

I'll keep praying that every step back is followed by an even bigger step forward. Keep going. Keep fighting. :)

Der Cute
12-19-2008, 06:05 AM
Dagnabbit! I thought the transplant was supposed to be fix it all and no more problems....grrrrr *shakes fist at virus*

Well, darn. I hope you don't get sick of rice and oatmeal and bland foods, too soon. I will be sending some good healing thoughts and spices your way.

Get better!


03-07-2009, 08:42 PM
I have some very good news. The 16th of March may be my last ostomy scope. If things go well with the scope, then they'll reverse the ostomy on the 18th. For the first time in over three years, I'll be able to use the toilet as normal again. Unfortunately, they will still do scopes, it's just that they'll have to use my butt as the entry point. I don't care what my dad's feelings on sedation is, but I'm taking the damn sedation the second they talk about butt biopsies.

03-08-2009, 04:17 AM
I have some very good news. The 16th of March may be my last ostomy scope. If things go well with the scope, then they'll reverse the ostomy on the 18th.
For the first time in over three years, I'll be able to use the toilet as normal again. Unfortunately, they will still do scopes, it's just that they'll have to use my butt as the entry point.


Seriously, now, that's some really good news. That's got to be very, very annoying.

Unfortunately, the term "butt biopsy" is now going to be stuck in my head for a week, making me giggle at random times.

03-08-2009, 08:39 AM
first i hope all is well on the 16th!!!

second thank you brooom now im going to have brooms thinking about butt biopsy's in my head for a week.

03-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Congrats! Good luck, Princess Snake. :D

03-08-2009, 10:30 PM
Hang in there, Princess! Any progress is good progress. :)

03-17-2009, 04:59 PM
My last ostomy scope went alright. So I'll be checked in the hospital tonight and go down into the operating room tomorrow for my ostomy take down surgery. Finally, no more ostomy. Ya-hoo!

03-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Hope to hear from you again soon, Sweetie:wave:

Mend quickly,

03-17-2009, 07:42 PM
Good news. Good to see medical science doing its bit to keep CSers going.


03-17-2009, 08:11 PM
My good wishes and prayers go with you!

Der Cute
03-17-2009, 09:00 PM
W00t! Good news, good news.
(I agree fully with sedation & butt biopsy choice)

I am so glad things have worked out for you - thank FSM for science and medicine. Bet you're glad to not see the hospital again for a good long while.

Get better soon!


03-20-2009, 01:57 AM
The good news: the surgery was a success! I have an ostomy no more! The bad news: I'm in pain! It hurts to cough, laugh, sit up, and walk. Hopefully the pain will go away soon. Ow.

03-20-2009, 03:52 AM
Aw. :( I'm sorry about the pain. I hope you get better quickly! *offers magic healing cookies*

03-20-2009, 05:29 AM
Yay for no more osotomy! I'm sorry about the pain, and I know it hurts to walk, but it's usually better if you do. The pain usually goes away faster (if I'm not mistaken this was an abdomenal surgery... I had a c-section, it hurt to walk, but got better the more I moved around.)

Good luck sweety!

03-20-2009, 05:37 AM
Boo pain! Horray for no more ostomies! (couldn't resist....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2S_UOHlueY) :rimshot: Feel better PS. here's plenty of yummy goodies and hugs for ya. :hug:

05-25-2009, 02:44 PM
Sorry I haven't been here for a couple of months, but things have been pretty busy. After the ostomy take down surgery, I had to stay in the hospital for a while. The estimated time I would be in was one week. I ended up staying for three weeks. On the last day, they removed my IV line (quite painfully I might add) and I hae been IV free for over a month now. My formula feedings have been reduced from 22 hours to 13 hours at night. I'm still on a diet, but my food choices have been increased. The only foods I'm not allowed to eat are high fatty foods and sugary foods. My blood pressure has gone up, so I have to take medicine for that as well as medicine for my high cholesterol. They think some of my other medicines may have increased the blood pressure and cholesterol. Lately I've been walking outside and doing a bit of weight lifting for my arms. Don't be so impressed, they're only 2 pound weights. Well, that;s all for now.

05-25-2009, 02:58 PM
Yay! Sounds like things are looking up and up and up! Glad you're able to eat more food, hopefully they'll figure out the blood pressure/cholesterol thing, soon!

05-25-2009, 03:09 PM
Don't worry, you'll be able to lift 50 pound weights in each finger soon. ;)

05-26-2009, 04:58 PM
I've been thinking of you, Princess. I'm so glad it sounds like everything is moving in the right direction, even though I'm sure it seems too slow.

IV-free for a month is terrific news; it must be such a relief. I hope I'm reading this right and the fact that you've switched to night feeds means that you're now pump-free for 11 hours a day. :)

05-26-2009, 10:11 PM
I've been thinking of you, Princess. I'm so glad it sounds like everything is moving in the right direction, even though I'm sure it seems too slow.

IV-free for a month is terrific news; it must be such a relief. I hope I'm reading this right and the fact that you've switched to night feeds means that you're now pump-free for 11 hours a day. :)

And the pump goes in a small backpack so I can carry Ozzy with me. I named my pump Ozzy after the formula Osmolite (I know I'm not spelling it right) Is that weird?:p

05-27-2009, 02:39 AM
Not even a little weird. I am so glad to hear you are doing okay, I was hoping things were well for you. *hugs*

05-27-2009, 11:39 AM
I named my pump Ozzy after the formula Osmolite (I know I'm not spelling it right) Is that weird?:p

If it's weird, it's a good weird. :p

Here's to hoping that someday Ozzy will be retired. :)

09-16-2009, 03:08 AM
It's been a few months since I last updated and I'd like to tell you about the great success I am having with my bowels. I'd like to, but I can't. Unfortunately, things have been going down-hill this past month. At the beginning of August I started having what can only be described as explosive diarrhea. The next day, I felt tired, weak, and blah. I checked my temperature and it turns out it was 101.6 F. I call my dad, who calls the hospital, who calls me, then calls my dad, who then calls me and tells me to pack my suitcase, I'm going to the emergency room. An hour and a half later, I'm in the emergency room. 20 minutes later, they call me back. 9 hours later, I get admitted and a room upstairs. They collect their blood samples, urine samples, and stool samples, run their tests, and determine I have a roto-virus in my intestines. So they stop the formula and put a temporary IV in my hand. They then start up antibiotics to get rid of the virus.
My dad tells the doctors that he was supposed to schedule a routine colonoscopy that month, so could they do one while I'm here. They agree and prescribe me a bowel cleansing agent for me to take that night to prepare for the scope the next day. Let me go off topic here to say that if your doctor prescribes you a bowel cleansing drink called GoLytely, the name is a lie! I don't know who's the genius that came up with that name, but it most certainly does not make you GoLytely. It makes you run for the toilet every 45 minutes and stay there for at least another 20.
Anyway, I go in for the scope, and they can't flush the IV in my hand. They have to make a new one in my shoulder. When they finally get that situated, they put me right to sleep and stick a camera up my butt for a butt biopsy. And they found that everything is normal. HAHAHAHAHA! Just kidding. They find signs of rejection. So they send the biopsy samples for immediate analysis and the samples say there's absolutely nothing wrong with my intestines. HAHAHAHAHAHA! No. The samples say my body has just wised up to the fact that there's a bit of some DNA in there doesn't look quite right. So they do what most bodies do and sent my immune system to attack it. So to summarize, not only do I have a virus, I also have rejection.
The doctors speculate the virus came first a while ago and then when I took my immune suppresants, it made it hard for my body to absorb them, thus causing the rejection. So they put me on a 2 week rejection switheroo drug to be inserted through my IV. Problems? Oh yes. The new IV in my shoulder is starting to swell. So they decided to send me down to radiation to give me a more permenant line. They give me mild sedation and surprisingly, I don't object to poking and prodding and otherwise hysterical inducing pain. Oh, they put me back on TPN since I'm not getting any nutrients through my formula and they've put me back on my bland only diet. So for the next week I'm served chicken broth and jello until I insist to the doctors that I be given a bit more variety in my meals. Relucntantly, they gave me a turkey sandwich (which is completely bland by the way) and when they saw I wasn't just going to spit it back up for no reason, they let me add more (bland) foods to my diet.
Fast forward two weeks and the next colonoscopy reveals that the rejection has reversed itself, my stool sample has no trace of the roto-virus and I'm free to go home. HAHAHAHAHAHA! So close, but no cigar. Despite the fact everything's been reversed, I'm still getting fevers. They suspect an IV line infection, so they pull the current line and replace it while I'm under mild sedation. I didn't respond very well. I was so hysterical, they nearly terminated the procedure until they gave me some stronger sedatives. Then all was right with the world. Or not. Despite the new line, I'm still getting fevers. Surprisingly, the blood tests they do daily show no trace of an infection. I wanted them to figure out what was wrong soon, because if I had to hear, "There's a hundred and four days of summer vacation then school comes along just to end it" one more time, I was going to chuck my big book of female serial killers at the tv. Just as I'm taking aim, the doctors come in at "Oh, there you are Perry." They hypothesize that the sugar in the TPN is attracting some bugs in my line and the reason they're not coming up on blood tests is because they collect the samples after the TPN has been shut off and flushed away. So they decide to pull the line out and put me back on the formula. Two hours later the nurse and doctor come in with a pretty strong sedative just as I'm aiming at "You get the limo out front. Oooh. Hottest styles, every shoe, every color." They inject the sedative, and since the line is fairly new, they yank it out in about 30 seconds with absolutely no pain. A lot different than the last time a bedside line yanking procedure was in place. It was painful, the sedative they gave me didn't do shit, I was begging for them to stop, there was blood everywhere, and the doctor had to give me frequent breaks so I wouldn't pass out from the pain. Actually, passing out might have made things a whole lot better.
They give me the formula at 40ml an hour for 22 hours. That is so below what I was getting before this whole mess. I was going 125ml an hour for 12 hours and I did perfectly fine. Unfortunately, my intestines are now weak little girls who can't handle the "big kids games" They finally sent me home after a month's hospital stay. The line's out, but I still have to take my formula at 40 an hour for 22 hours. The only reason it's not 24 hours is because I have to take my immune suppressants twice a day and you can't eat or drink anything for an hour after you take them.
I was supposed to attend classes this semester, but due to the health problems, I had to drop out. I'll try again when the spring semester comes. So, that's basically the updates for now.

09-16-2009, 04:13 AM
Oh, dear. I hope everything turns around for you and you're able to start school in the spring!

09-16-2009, 08:04 AM
I hope you get better soon. *offers hugs*

Der Cute
09-16-2009, 09:53 AM
Dagnabbit! I was hoping everything was hunky-dory and working happily ever after.
Oh well...looks like your intestines got a bit of a tune up there.

Glad to hear there's no more rejection and no more infection (that rhymes..)

Hope everything heals up happily and doesn't argue any more.
And that you can eat bland solid foods soon.


09-16-2009, 11:47 AM
Princess, I don't know what to say. The universe needs to fuck off and leave you the hell alone. :(

I'm thinking of you and you know you can PM me if you need to vent, kid.

09-16-2009, 11:53 AM
:( Ahh sorry.

But you'll heal up. It be fine. Don't worry. Besides, world owes you something great after all this!

12-05-2009, 10:45 PM
So, it's been a couple months since I last updated. I'm eating a variety of foods compared to the bland diet I was on after the rejection. This year's Thanksgiving was the very first one I was fully able to enjoy. The years before I was just merely sampling and tasting before the transplant, and last year I was still figuring out this whole "eating properly" concept not to mention food wasn't exactly appetizing at that moment. I've got a job. I am now a secratery/operator at a tour company. The company sells tour packages of Greece (my boss's home country), Turkey, and Isreal. My job is to insert hotel rates, cruise rates, create itenary's, and answer the phone. Yes, I still get sucky customers, but at least it's on the phone. My boss's father owns a math tutor business literally right in the next office. Her (my boss) mother owns a greek restaurant just 15 minutes away from the office building. One of her brothers works at the restaurant, while the other works at tutoring. So along with the travel work, I occasionally do some work with the restaurant and tutoring. The family is great friends with my family, so I get spoiled a little bit at work.
The intestines are fine. I have to have scope done every 4 weeks and blood tests every 2 weeks. Ozzie the feeding pump is running 13 hours at night. I've been taking some belly-dancing classes at the restaurant every Thursday. The 10th will be the last day for class and unfortunately I'm going for a scope that day. Which means when I get back and take my class that night, I'm going to be doped up pretty good. Yes, I've belly-danced the same day as being under anesthsia before. I was actually pretty well coordinated. The doctor however was very confused when after explaining to me I would be uncoordinated for 24 hours, I asked him, "Can I belly-dance?" He looked into my dad's eyes and pleaded for help using his own. Thankfully, my dad granted him mercy when he explained it was a class I was taking. That day was very weird the moment I walked into hospital doors, but that's for another post which I might post later. Not sure yet. In the meantime you can watch and/or dance to this song which is on my practice cd. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_2gW3zwMMQ

12-06-2009, 10:50 PM
wow! lol even tho i have pretty much no idea who you are, i'm very glad you're feeling better (read the entire thread...you've been through quite alot!). and you'r belly dancing...which seeing as how it was your belly area that was screwy in the first place, is really funny. you'll have to post videos of a performance ^_^

12-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the update. It made me smile; it's good know things are looking up a bit for you. :)

02-25-2010, 10:15 PM
Ozzie the feeding pump will be retiring starting tonight. All of my nutrients and hydration shall enter my body orally from now on. I have to go back to the doctor's in two weeks to make sure I'm not losing any weight while Ozzie is in retirement, but if all goes well, the g-tube should be removed in a couple months. They said hospital stay during g-tube removal recovery should be about a week. Of course, that's what they said when I went in last year for my ostomy take down and I ended up staying for three weeks. We'll see what happens when we get to that point.

02-26-2010, 12:50 AM
Congrats Princess Snake! I hope you have a speedy recovery. :D

02-26-2010, 02:49 AM
*hugs* Glad to hear that you're retiring Ozzy! Here's to no weight loss and good BM's for you. Oh. And farts. ^_^

02-26-2010, 11:36 AM
OMG! Yay!

That is excellent news. Congratulations! :grats:

And good thoughts and lot of prayers for a fast recovery and a short hospital stay when they take the g-tube out. :hug:

02-26-2010, 01:22 PM
My goodness, you have been through a lot:eek: . Sending prayers and good wishes your way.

02-26-2010, 02:19 PM
That is fantastic news!!! I'm doing a little (forbidden) dance of joy here just for you :D

02-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Glad to hear that you and Ozzie are separating, Princess-Snake!

Continuing to send good thoughts for reaching your future milestones!


02-26-2010, 08:55 PM
Glad to hear that you're losing Ozzie! I hope everything goes well.

*sends lots of junk food to prevent weight loss*

06-05-2010, 10:41 PM
Ok, it's been over 3 months and I guess you all deserve an update. A month ago, I came down with a cold. Three days later, cold is not getting any better. The doctors told me to go directly to the emergency room. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. Unfortunately, the day I had to go to the emergency room was the day I had to take my (optional) final exam in math. Oh, and it was also the day my english professor was going to assign our last essay for the semester which is due two days later (It was an easy essay. The assignment was write about a movie you saw and how the issues in the movie could relate to real life). Thankfully, my math professor basically said, "You got a B in my class, screw the exam." And my english professor said, "Eh. Things happen. I'll extend the deadline to a week and a half for you." So, I spend the next week in the hospital and go home after that with a bit of some sniffles. Bonus: I completed that essay in less than 2 days. I got a B. On the essay and in the class.
Well, things are ok now, right? Wrong. I'm losing weight. My check-up was yesterday and they basically said if my weight doesn't increase within the next three weeks, Ozzie may have to come out of retirement. They actually told me I need to eat more butter. Hell, shove the whole stick down your throat if you have to. So now, I have to put dairy on almost anything and everything I eat. I'll have toast. Better, put on some butter and cheese. I want a baked potato. Put a fat glob of butter on it. May I have some chicken? Sure, just let me get the ranch dressing for you to dip it in. Or, if I get sick of eating dairy all day, I can just put peanut butter on it. That's packed full of calories!
Odd thing about the dairy thing, three weeks before my appointment yesterday, I started craving milk and drank milk, or eat cheese, all day long. Doctor's were puzzled, but aren't concerned. Calcium, Vitamin A, and Vitamin D levels on my blood test look good. If you crave milk, then drink, we don't care. They thought maybe because I'm having some sort of psychological craving because I like the taste of milk, like how a kid might crave chocolate, but I don't think that's the case here. I liked milk before, but it wasn't until recently when I actually CRAVED AND WANTED IT. OMFGINEEDMILK!MILKGOOD! Well, at least it isn't something to be concerned about.

06-05-2010, 11:55 PM
*giggles* Sorry... I know that you're having weight-gain issues, but the milk thing was snicker-worthy.

*hugs* You will gain weight. You will keep Ozzy in retirement. You will be feeling awesome soon.


06-06-2010, 12:56 AM
Damn, you've been going through the ringer and back, Princess! :eek: Here's more dairy for ya and let's keep Ozzy in retirement!

06-06-2010, 02:00 AM
hm, odd about your bloodwork looking good, i had serious milk joneses when i was hypocalcemic with a tanked out vit D level.
Did they check your potassium, zinc and magnesium levels? Sometimes a craving for one thing expresses as pika for something else.

You might try taking a calcium/magnesium/zinc suppliment - the one i take is 3 horse pills, so daily it is 1000 mg calcium, 400 mg magnesium and 15 mg zinc, along with 400 vit D, and on the side a 99 mg potassium tablet. Those levels are not dangerous, and no where near overdose levels even if oyu get enough in your diet. You might try also sitting in the sun for 15 minutes a day while swilling your milk =).

If you get tired of peanut butter and dairy, how about nutella? Packed with calories =) If you smear it on wasa crispbread that is loaded with fiber, you get your fiber as well!

09-15-2010, 01:35 AM
Well, Ozzie has been returned to the company we rented him from, all of my nutrition formula has been thrown out, and my weight has significantly improved. On Thursday, I won't have to worry about another scope for a year after this one is complete, and the g-tube comes out for good. Once that's done, my body will be almost the way I was naturally born.
Unfortunately, I've been ordered to do a 2-day bowel prep. This is just day 1. Breakfast and lunch were fine, but dinner only allows clear liquids. I drank some broth for dinner, and all I will be able to eat tomorrow is broth. I'm hungry. I'll be hungry tomorrow, which is a school day. Hopefully, my professors won't notice my lack of participation.
I still have the dairy thing going on. The cravings aren't as bad as they were, but they're still there. Cheese is my favorite. I'm obsessed with cheese, especially when melted. Milk is a close second, though. Doctor is still mystified, but not too concerned.
The reason you haven't been hearing any stories from me is because, well, all of my customers went on vacation. Of course, there has been some screaming and complaining from their hotel rooms, but right now, I'm too busy with school to post them. You'll have to wait until I get some (rare!) free time if you want to read them.

09-15-2010, 01:43 AM
Yaaay!! Glad things are looking up for you and that Ozzie is on permanent retirement! :bounce:

Der Cute
09-15-2010, 06:15 AM
Attention Guests: Ozzie has been 86'd off the property. If you see him again, please call Princess-Snake. Thank you.

09-15-2010, 11:26 AM
Yay, Princess. That is excellent news. Bye-bye g-tube! :wave:

09-15-2010, 07:03 PM
Woop woop!! Are you allowed any soft cheeses, or just firm ones?

09-17-2010, 12:46 AM
Woop woop!! Are you allowed any soft cheeses, or just firm ones?

Only firm ones. G-tube's out, by the way. Approximate time until it completely heals: 4 weeks. That's right, 4 weeks of leaky stomach juicy goodness ruining my shirts. Anybody got any waterproof gauze? Anyone know if they make waterproof gauze? Because of leakiness, I am going to have to stand up for most of the day so that gravity can keep my stomach contents inside my stomach. I have to eat standing up as well. My feet and back are killing me.

09-17-2010, 12:57 AM
Anybody got any waterproof gauze? Anyone know if they make waterproof gauze?

Why yes, they do. (http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=189544&catid=59969&aid=337953&aparam=nexcare_absolute_waterpr&CAWELAID=181965987)

OK, well the standing up thing and the leaky thing and all sucks but all in all, good news and I'm glad to read it. :D

09-17-2010, 02:27 AM
I know it sucks having to deal with oozing and whatnot, but at least you've gotten your "divorce" from Ozzie.

And they say "And this too shall pass."

BTW, the holidays are coming up. Lots of goodies, such as pumpkin pie, turkey, cranberry sauce, red velvet cake, eggnog, gingerbread cookies . . .

I think I'll stop here before I get in trouble. But at least it's something to look forward to.:lol:

10-20-2010, 10:06 PM
Ok, so the whole closing-itself-up-all-on-its-own thing didn't work out. Four weeks later and while the hole is significantly smaller, it's still there. And leaky. Dear gords, the leaky. So had to schedule surgery to close it up. Went in on Friday. Got home today. Surgery went well, though I did gag on a tube they put in my nose and down my throat, so they were forced to take it out sooner than they wanted. Recovery is doing good. The pain is, well, I guess it depends on what mood my stomach is in. Yesterday it was tolerable. Today it was not. Percoset makes this royal viper very happy. Missed a week of school, but since it's only 2 days, I'll get back on track very quickly. But first I need to study for 2 midterms and write a three page essay. Does anyone know how to write a comprehensible and well thought out formalist literature essay on some drama story that I-don't-know-what-it-is-yet (email buddy says professor hasn't told anyone yet), while completely doped up on pain killers?

10-20-2010, 10:32 PM
Does anyone know how to write a comprehensible and well thought out formalist literature essay on some drama story that I-don't-know-what-it-is-yet (email buddy says professor hasn't told anyone yet), while completely doped up on pain killers?

Do it in parts. That's what I did for several terms, and I still got A's, much to amazment of teachers. Especally when they see how much more indept my thesis and reports are NOW that I'm not doped up on dozens of painkillers.