PDA

View Full Version : I'm a pimp

Rapscallion
10-09-2006, 12:01 AM
I wandered off for some fuel yesterday. It's one of the things the bastardmobile demands from time to time, and I like to be obliging.

I had some fun when going inside to pay, though. A young lady and gentleman were behind the counter, and the chap was venting quite forcefully about the previous customer who had demanded his sports vouchers (one per ten quid of fuel, people collect them together and schools can redeem them for roughly one ball per million vouchers or similar).

"They're not 'his' vouchers until he's got them in his hands! They're our vouchers!" he enthused. I have to admit that I was wondering if it was appropriate to come out with this in front of other customers, but apparently the previous customer had been very demanding etc.

I got my receipt and wandered over to the side as others were being served, scribbling on it as I went. They looked at me with some trepidation, but they read the name of this site and started to giggle.

May see one or two of them on here at some point.

I'm pimping this site for all it's worth.

Rapscallion

FloridaLizardQueen
10-09-2006, 12:56 AM
I pimped out this site yesterday to a couple of my friends, so maybe they will show up here too. One of them had a couple of funny stories to share with me

Imogene
10-09-2006, 12:56 AM
I am too, though probably not at the best times. I went into a GameStop recently (October 3rd, I remember that day precisely as I was told to show up that day to find out how many people they were hiring for Christmas) The hiring manager wasn't around that day, oddly, even though she'd told me that specific date. So, I started trading stories with the Assistant Manager (I think he was an assistant manager...)
We swapped a lot of stories, and I asked him "So, you have an internet connection, right?" and wrote the address down for him.
Of course, this all took place the day before I had an interview with the hiring manager, so, I might have blown my possibilities with getting a job there... Oh well, there's also a possibility I'll be moving to Texas in the near future anyway...

rdp78
10-09-2006, 12:57 AM
:lol: You know I did something similar at a restuarant chain this week and I think I might have misspelled the site's name (I forgot an s). I usually don't do that and I didn't see anyone being an SC to the staff but I'm sure appeciate it.

Becks
10-09-2006, 01:17 AM
I pimp this place out, but I suspect that the people I tell think I'm making it up. :(

thegiraffe
10-09-2006, 01:57 AM
Am I the only one who didn't think of the site when I read the title of the thread?

:ducks:

Irving Patrick Freleigh
10-09-2006, 02:18 AM
Raps a pimp? Tell me something I didn't already know! :roll: :devil:

BlaqueKatt
10-09-2006, 02:42 AM
never underestimate the drawing power of the gord-like one, sole posessor of the power of the sacred furry manbewbs-:D

BlaqueKatt-who also pimps the site, when deemed appropriate

protege
10-09-2006, 02:02 PM
Am I the only one who didn't think of the site when I read the title of the thread?

:ducks:

Hehehe you had that reaction too? You're not the only one :D

ArenaBoy
10-10-2006, 10:50 PM
I've mentioned this site to a few friends at my school who work in retail and fast food. I also mentioned it to a supervisor and told him some stories, he was laughing pretty hard and I gave him the site. He enjoys reading the stories here.

Department stores *sigh*
10-10-2006, 11:35 PM
ever since i logged on here i started ranting about this place at work i even told a few managers some of the stories haha

Spiffy McMoron
10-11-2006, 05:31 AM

Don't worry-I thought the same thing as you did. Seeing Raps with a purple fedora and a platnium snakes-head cane means that I can die happy. :D

Becks
10-11-2006, 06:38 PM
Seeing Raps with a purple fedora and a platnium snakes-head cane means that I can die happy. :D

I see that every night in my dreams. :p :roll:

AFpheonix
10-11-2006, 09:43 PM
Wierdly enough, a customer pimped it to me one day. He was the son of a previous coworker.

I just smiled enigmatically.

DesignFox
10-13-2006, 04:00 AM
Heh. that's how I got to this site...Luna pimped it out to me! :D I think this place is great!

Bella_Vixen
10-13-2006, 11:13 PM
Is the logo pic copyrighted? I'm thinking about getting some business cards made, and I don't want to infringe on any copyrights, etc.

XCashier
10-13-2006, 11:48 PM
Don't worry-I thought the same thing as you did. Seeing Raps with a purple fedora and a platnium snakes-head cane means that I can die happy. :D
Raps, I think you've got a good suggestion for a Halloween costume here...!

Rapscallion
10-14-2006, 04:20 PM
Pity I'll be on the forums or asleep at that point :p

Unless I'm working etc.

I don't often go to parties, but you never know...

As for the logo, bug me about that. I have a few things on at the moment, including a trip out of the country for three or four nights. However, I have been considering business cards...

Rapscallion

powerboy
10-14-2006, 06:35 PM
I thought about doing the business cards also.

Luna
10-16-2006, 07:44 PM
Heh. that's how I got to this site...Luna pimped it out to me! :D I think this place is great!

Yes, I let my evil secret out to a co-worker. It's nice to be able to trust someone where I work. :D *hugs*

DesignFox
10-16-2006, 09:33 PM
:returns Luna's hugs: It's good to have co-workers to trust!
And a place to vent...
Seriously my last job/s were the worst...I can rant here and it's great! Esp. since at those places- you couldn't trust anyone worth a damn...:cry:

Seanette
10-20-2006, 03:32 AM
Had to call my phone company/DSL provider re: my bill (ambiguous wording left me rather hazy on the due date, and since I'm now on automatic payment, I needed to know what date I needed to be *sure* the money was in there), and got a VERY friendly, chatty rep. During the conversation, I told her about this site and not only did she sound very interested, but she thought her sister would be too (sister works in medical insurance).

Did get an answer to my question too, along with her telling me she'd relay my suggestion that the bill be worded more clearly to reduce customer confusion/stress. :D

repsac
10-20-2006, 03:59 AM
I've been rather clandestinely dropping the name here and there. Usually I write it on a bit of 3 by 5 card and "accidentally"drop it on the counter as I leave.

That, or I suggest people come here for a good laugh/vent/rant/scream/giggle.

DesignFox
10-23-2006, 04:01 AM
I pimped the site out to my boyfriend's sister the other day. She works in hotel management...and boy were her stories some doozies! Hope she joins us soon...

Bella_Vixen
10-30-2006, 01:38 AM
I was pimping this place out like I was getting paid for it on Saturday.

We have a Best Buy across the street from us, and most of the employees stop in for coffee before work, and especially before their God-awful, earlier then the crack of dawn Saturday morning meetings.

They vent, I vent, the world becomes a happier place.

Becks
12-03-2006, 03:36 PM
I pimp this place out at work all the time (I don't know if anyone's ever joined, they never said) and yesterday I told the guy at Subway about us. :D He seemed interested.

Rapscallion
12-03-2006, 04:16 PM
Guy sat down next to me while I was munching on KFC at the White Rose centre yesterday (I was getting a new Hi-viz vest reading 'Tofu Ninja'). He obviously worked there, so I scribbled the URL on my receipt and told him to come over if it ever gets too much for him.

From the look on his face, he must have initially thought I was propositioning him...

Rapscallion

AFpheonix
12-06-2006, 09:33 PM
I wrote down the url on the back of my credit slip one night at Outback, since we had had a good giggle with the bartender at the expense of a girl sitting next to me who threw a shit fit about not being able to use out of state license to purchase alcohol.

walking with scissors
12-26-2006, 01:52 PM
I guess if telling my mother that I'd report her on here if she went off on the grocery store clerks again when picking up her Christmas food order is pimping the site, then, yeah, I've pimped. BTW, she was perfectly well-behaved when we picked up the order.

Becks
12-26-2006, 04:54 PM
Honestly, I think that either my coworkers think I made this site up, or they're too intimidated by some of the stories to register. Oh, well. Their loss, I say.

JustADude
12-30-2006, 10:14 AM
I've been TRYING to pimp the site to my roomie and best friend, but he refuses to join under any circumstances. He's got this :censored:ed up op.def. thing where he absolutely refuses to consider anything someone else is into if they suggest it to him.

Some highlights from the list* so far are...

1) Terry Pratchett - Candidate for best author ever

2) This Site - Well, duh

3) Dragonball Z/GT - Okay, he can't be wrong all the time. :censored:ing fanboys ruined what value it may have had a LONG time ago.

4) Nasal-strips - He snores... REALLY loud. Wake me up in the other bedroom loud. Even offered to buy them for him. Someone pass me a clue-by-four?

5) Mayo on Fries - He likes fish japanese style, with eyes... especially the eyes... yet he catagoricly refuses to try this, even though he slaps mayo on every sandwich he's eats.

*I would like it clear that I am in no way the sole instigator of all, or even most, of these items. They are a collection observed through years of accquaintance, and encorporation is based

chainedbarista
01-01-2007, 07:42 AM
OOOH, another person who like mayo with their fries...bonus if you like skins.

i haven't been able to sell the site, since my co workers are not of the type to enjoy this sort of thing. (sad, but true)

Bella_Vixen
01-04-2007, 04:50 AM
I pimped this site to a customer, who like me, had to work on Christmas Day. He works at one of the movie theaters up the street.

I don't know if he checked it out yet or not; he seemed a little frightened when he read the name. :lol:

Kiwi
01-04-2007, 05:40 AM
I still have my customers suck sweatshirt from when Mr S owned the site

the shock on clerks faces when they see it... suspision and/or joy

Love it when they crack up though, I cant wait to get a new one, this ones WAY to baggy now

Witch of Endor
01-04-2007, 12:51 PM
Mmmm, mayo on fries.

If you're pimping out the site, just make sure you aren't randomly dropping cards in workplaces, because if a manager or customer finds them there could be trouble. Make sure they go into the hand of the employee who needs them. ;)

Bella_Vixen
01-04-2007, 02:35 PM
I've mentioned this place to my boss. Sometimes I think he thinks I'm making it up.

HYHYBT
01-05-2007, 12:02 AM
I've tried, I've tried... a while back I even had some pens made up with the site's name, slogan, and address on them. (Those on the CS Christmas card list that year got some.) Anyway, I've given quite a few out, either directly to someone I know (not at work, with two exceptions: I'm not *that* much of an idiot), or left at a restaurant table with the tip, or whatever, and as far as I can tell, not one person has ever come here because of it.

At this point I'd like to be rid of the things. I've thought about offering them to CS members for the cost of postage, but haven't because of the rules against spam, collecting personal information, etc.

Bella_Vixen
03-05-2007, 08:29 PM
I pimped us out to a girl at KFC today. She can't wait to check the place out.

ForestDragon
03-06-2007, 07:19 AM
I still have my customers suck sweatshirt from when Mr S owned the site

the shock on clerks faces when they see it... suspision and/or joy

Love it when they crack up though, I cant wait to get a new one, this ones WAY to baggy now

Are the shirts still available now? I'm not sure where to look here.

Anyway, I've pimped out the site myself several times at my favorite grocery store, especially if I saw somebody ahead of me in line being difficult or a CS having to put up with the perennial uncorrected screaming kid.

Rapscallion
03-06-2007, 04:48 PM
I'm working on T-shirts at the moment, as well as something else. Thanks for the reminder :)

Rapscallion

protege
03-06-2007, 05:44 PM
When G still had the site, there were CS bumper stickers. When Bekki was visiting the US, she gave me a pile of them....which then went in my Christmas cards that year. I have one hanging in my office now--I thought about putting it on the car, but all I'd need is for some anal-retentive asshole to see that...resulting in a broken window or two.

Bella_Vixen
03-25-2007, 01:04 AM
I got HYHYBT's pens (I'm sending half to Becks), and I've been handing them out like crazy. The guys at the VW dealership (and maybe the Lexus dealership, too) up the street love them. One of the guys started checking us out, and thinks this place is hilarious. I hoping he joins up (if you see this, tell them Bella sent you. :wave: )

My mom grabbed some of the pens and handed one to the head of customer service at her work. The lady almost died laughing.

Becks
03-26-2007, 11:52 PM
I got HYHYBT's pens (I'm sending half to Becks)

Oooooh, I can't wait to get them!!!!!!!