PDA

View Full Version : Cany you handle the Gauntlet?

BroSCFischer
10-17-2008, 03:55 AM
Every single person that I have trained as my alternate for Night Audit has either quit (3) or been fired (1). The last two quit after just one night.

Anyone care to try their luck?:angel::devil:

SC

Evil Queen
10-17-2008, 02:06 PM
I'll take your challenge!

What do you use?

smileyeagle1021
10-17-2008, 02:33 PM
hey, I will take the challenge... that my gauntlet can be made harder than yours :devil:

it will include the easiest audit ever
being allowed to read and do homework and even use a laptop during the slow hours of the night
and the only challenge will be staying awake...

alas we will still have people fail... (and I have the blackmail pictures to prove it... if this guy does stay on he knows that I have no problem with sending the picture of him sleeping to the boss, the owners, and Fenrus for good measure :devil: )

Evil Queen
10-17-2008, 03:27 PM
Share the love Smiley. I want blackmail pictures too!

smileyeagle1021
10-17-2008, 04:06 PM
OK, EQ, if he ever refuses to trade shifts I'll send the pic to you too :devil:

or if I want to be really evil send the pic in advance.

bainsidhe
10-18-2008, 03:15 AM
Wow, what are you doing to your trainees? :p

I used to work night audit Fri and Sat nights. It was a small hotel and 'twas the easiest. job. ever. Didn't have internet (or laptop), but I could play solitare, read, wash laundry for free (those big washers/dryers are excellent for blankets, comforters and coats :D) and I made a couple hundred extra bucks a month. One of the day managers asked me once why I was still there since I seemed to be sticking around pretty long for a "part-time job". Yeah, why give up the best p/t work I ever did ;)

SteeleDragon78
10-18-2008, 01:54 PM
i kinda miss my night audit jobs, except the one at the sheraton, waaaaay too complicated, and the equipment was from the 70's. im glad it closed down.

BroSCFischer
10-20-2008, 04:21 AM
I'll take your challenge!

What do you use?

The evil known only as the Checklist.:p

hey, I will take the challenge... that my gauntlet can be made harder than yours :devil:

it will include the easiest audit ever
being allowed to read and do homework and even use a laptop during the slow hours of the night
and the only challenge will be staying awake...

Sounds about the same as here.

Wow, what are you doing to your trainees? :p

I seriously don't know what the problem is. 99% of the tasks are covered by the checklist. Seriously, just read the checklist, know how to check guests in and out, and set up breakfast.

BTW, I maybe looking at victim trainee #5. :D

SC

Evil Queen
10-20-2008, 05:57 AM
The evil known only as the Checklist.:p

GASP!

AAAAHHHHHH!!

:runaway:

......:D

BroSCFischer
10-20-2008, 07:52 AM
GASP!

AAAAHHHHHH!!

:runaway:

......:D

It could be my personality, but I'd rather blame an inanimate object.;):angel::devil:

SC

BroSCFischer
10-21-2008, 05:24 AM
Update:

The challenge has been accepted.

Tomorrow night will be the test of his mettle.

SC

JustADude
10-22-2008, 07:37 AM
The challenge has been accepted.

Tomorrow night will be the test of his mettle.

Don't forget to give us updates if anything goes down!

:popcorn:

BroSCFischer
10-23-2008, 04:29 AM
Don't forget to give us updates if anything goes down!

:popcorn:

♪♪Another one bites the dust. Another one bites the dust.
And another one gone, and another one gone.
Another one bites the dust.♪♪

And I really thought this guy was gonna last. But he has interviews for a job he was really looking for, and didn't want to waste my time training him for a job, only to have him quit right afterwards. That and the fact that he drove 15+ mi to tell me that in person. :respect:

Well, NEXT!:angel:

SC

Edit: For those keeping track it's currently ME: 5, Trainees: 0

RetailWorkhorse
10-23-2008, 01:15 PM
*Ahem*

I'll take your bet, you're gonna regret, 'cause I'm the best there's ever been!

I wanna do Night Audit. Mum's in the Hotel Industry now (and getting paid more than me), EQ's been in it for years (BEEN getting paid more than me), I wanna make some serious moolah, too!

Retail Sucks! :cry:

Geek King
10-23-2008, 01:32 PM
*Ahem*

I'll take your bet, you're gonna regret, 'cause I'm the best there's ever been!

Johnny rosin up your bow and play your fiddle hard.

I've seen that one live from about twenty feet away. God, that man can play.

RetailWorkhorse
10-23-2008, 01:58 PM
Johnny rosin up your bow and play your fiddle hard.

I've seen that one live from about twenty feet away. God, that man can play.

You. Lucky. DOG. *Green with Envy*

Rapscallion
10-23-2008, 06:07 PM
Johnny roll a ball of hash and make sure it's the bomb, 'cos the devil's got the kind of stuff they smoked in Vietnam.
You'll get a million smackeroos in cash if you can cope, but if you can't the devil gets your dope....

From "The devil went down to Jamaica." Highly recommended spoof.

Rapscallion

Evil Queen
10-23-2008, 10:22 PM
Oh, yay! More stuff to download!

<3 to Raps!

Rapscallion
10-24-2008, 05:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSmNuHQzlYg

Rapscallion

Velfarre2001
10-25-2008, 07:40 AM
♪♪
Edit: For those keeping track it's currently ME: 5, Trainees: 0

Only 5? Pft. I've gone through that in a month before.

Blade_Raver
10-25-2008, 08:54 AM
If the money's good... I have no qualms doing a little travellin and taking a night job at a hotel doing audits.. free internet? Awesome!

BroSCFischer
10-27-2008, 04:01 AM
Since I last posted we hired someone fro the position, they showed up the first night, and then...

The NCNS'd the next night (neither one my shift).

Well, at least that leaves out my personality as the reason they aren't making it to the second night.:D

SC

PS: Blade_Raver, the position is Min. Wage in small town PA. (7.15/hr) If that's up your alley, we are rather desperate, so I'll PM you the location, if you like.

smileyeagle1021
10-27-2008, 05:16 AM
well Bro, if it makes you feel better, I think I just lost a trainee as well... I just got off the phone with the owner... he was asking why I had to do an additional day of training... and he made a comment about how he'd be willing to put up with the new guys scheduling problems if he was as good at the audit as he claimed to be when he applied, but doesn't really want to deal with scheduling around him for needing extra time training.

BroSCFischer
10-27-2008, 05:24 AM
Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT upset.:)

My MANAGER is.:D

Because if they don't get someone to stick SHE will be doing Night Audit twice a week.:p

My bosses can't afford to pay overtime right now (dammit :() or I would be more than happy to work the two extra shifts.

I just think its funny that no one is lasting more than a night on the shift.:lol:

SC

smileyeagle1021
11-02-2008, 06:47 PM
Good news Bro... we lost that one I thought we were losing... the new guy so far seems promising. Isn't that right azn_psycho_007?

BroSCFischer
11-08-2008, 04:08 AM
Good news Bro... we lost that one I thought we were losing... the new guy so far seems promising. Isn't that right azn_psycho_007?

Great. I also have someone TRAINED (actually completed the training) who I think will stick.

Good news all around.

SC

BroSCFischer
11-15-2008, 03:54 AM
I also have someone TRAINED ... who I think will stick.

And I was wrong. NCNS's AGAIN last night (she got a second chance and blew it).

However, I am training someone tomorrow night who will almost definitely stick, as they have been working here since the place opened, just not 3rd shift.

SC

Evil Queen
11-15-2008, 01:33 PM
I'm starting to miss training.

Then I remind myself of Idiot Boy and those feelings go away. :D