PDA

View Full Version : I'm Racist

Bagboy
11-03-2008, 03:05 PM
So, apparently I'm racist because I don't like Oregon. I was talking with one of my coworkers who is from Oregon. He doesn't like Oregon either, and apparently there was a woman who was from Oregon with her little hell spawns that parked over by the cart corral and passed by us. she said something along the lines of this:

OL-Oregon Lady
M-duh
C-Coworker

OL: I'm going to report you to the manager
M- may i ask why?
OL- You're being racist.
M-How?
OL- You don't like Oregon. How can you be so arrogant? Just because we're from a different state than you doesn't mean you have to be so mean to us Oregonians.
C-He was actually talking to me. I'm from Oregon. He was actually saying that he didn't like a certain place in Oregon, that's all.
OL- typical republican response.

Note, that the womans mommy tank was covered in bumper stickers saying things like: America Sucks,F##k America,God Hates Fags, etc.

So, she ended up telling the manager who laughed her out of the office.

I guess you learn something new every day, I learned that if you don't like a certain state, you're racist :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Crazeyal
11-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Wow..

I've heard people from Oregon being a little friendly with ..uh.. other SPECIES.. but that makes them a seperate RACE??

CaroPhoenix
11-03-2008, 03:25 PM
Yeah ... Oregonians ... are special ... aren't they? :rolleyes: (Note: The only time I've seen Oregon is on a map).

However, if you don't like a state, wouldn't that make you a Stateist? Or something like that? :confused:

RetailWorkhorse
11-03-2008, 03:48 PM
I guess that makes me a Statist, then. Of the entire north.

*Evil Monkey Point*

STOP TELLING ME I'M NOT FROM MY HOMETOWN! I AM!! I JUST SPEAK BETTER THAN THE HICKABILLIES HERE!

Grr.

Bright_Star
11-03-2008, 03:53 PM
How is not liking a particular state racist? Add that definition to Wikipedia....lol.

smileyeagle1021
11-03-2008, 04:00 PM
I guess you learn something new every day, I learned that if you don't like a certain state, you're racist :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

and apparently pointing out that someone isn't racist makes you a republican (odd how I thought that who you voted for made you Republican... silly me)

AnaKhouri
11-03-2008, 04:01 PM
In high school my best friend was telling me about her new sister-in-law. She said something like, "Elena is Mexican so I can practice my Spanish on her."

This kid passing by stopped and went on a rant about how racist my friend was for calling her sister-in-law 'Mexican'.

Her sister-in-law, of course, was from Mexico. :rolleyes:

smileyeagle1021
11-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Her sister-in-law, of course, was from Mexico. :rolleyes:

damn, so my cousin in law must be a racist... he tells people that he's Argentinian... :lol:

Rapscallion
11-03-2008, 06:10 PM
If you didn't like Oregano, would that make you a herbist?

Rapscallion

persephone
11-03-2008, 06:43 PM
STOP TELLING ME I'M NOT FROM MY HOMETOWN! I AM!! I JUST SPEAK BETTER THAN THE HICKABILLIES HERE!

:ot: Oh Lord, I feel your pain. I'm from the South and I'm one of the proudest Southerners you've ever met (I am not, however, racist, homophobic, a red neck, or any of the other horrible things some people think of when they hear "Southern"). However, my Momma was British. Daddy passed away when I was 2 and my step father is also British.

Did you know that it is not uncommon to end up with whatever accent your parents have?

Me, my brother and both my sisters all have mild British accents and really not much of a Southern accent (except a couple of words we picked up from our cousins on Daddy's side). NO ONE ever believes me when I tell them I'm from *Small Town*.

Crazeyal
11-03-2008, 09:10 PM
EY

I'm from NEW YOIK anIdunwannaheah no stereotypes...

CAPICE?!?!?

CorDarei
11-03-2008, 09:50 PM
...Note, that the womans mommy tank...
what's a mommy tank?

Mike Taylor
11-03-2008, 11:22 PM
I'm still trying to wrap my head around how disliking a location makes you a racist.

Mike Taylor
11-03-2008, 11:23 PM
what's a mommy tank?

An SUV bought specifically to "safely carry" her brood around town.

Jay 2K Winger
11-04-2008, 05:35 AM
An SUV bought specifically to "safely carry" her brood around town.

Aka a "bimbo box." (Cookies if you get the reference.)

jedimaster91
11-04-2008, 06:34 PM
My husband's from Oregon, so I can't knock it too much, lol. ;)

Cat
11-04-2008, 10:17 PM
And here I always thought Oregon was a lovely state....never been, but would like to go

Animae
11-05-2008, 06:12 PM
Aka a "bimbo box." (Cookies if you get the reference.)

snow crash. Great book.

Can I Help Your A$$?
11-06-2008, 02:21 AM
As a member of the Oregon Race, I resemble that remark.

But no one with a "God Hates F@%$^S" bumpersticker is someone who is sensitive to race. That's Bulldada. And yes, I mean to knock people who display said sticker.

karath
11-06-2008, 02:35 AM
If you didn't like Oregano, would that make you a herbist?

Rapscallion

:spew: dammit raps, that goes rule #1! I thought a thread with this title would be relatively safe! :lol:

And here I always thought Oregon was a lovely state....never been, but would like to go

It is, definitely! The fam drove through it on our way down from a vacation in Canada and spent a couple days there...it's a gorgeous state!

That being said, I have it on good authority from two friends who've moved there (one for family, one for college) that the residents can leave something to be desired...

Shards
11-06-2008, 03:52 AM
snow crash. Great book.

Wow! I haven't read Snow Crash since I was in middle school!

Yes, imagine the screw-up I must have been...