PDA

View Full Version : GAME: Celebrity Scandal Pool!

Jester
12-15-2008, 03:56 PM
I am sure we've all heard of Dead Pools, wherein the participants each pick a number of celebrities they think will die that year.

Well, while I DO like that idea, I figured we could try something a little less macabre here.

To wit, a Celebrity Scandal Pool for 2009.

But Jester, how will it work?

Great question. Simple. Here are the basic rules:

1. Each participant will pick 3 celebrities that, for whatever reason, they think will make headlines in 2009 for all the wrong reasons. The winner of the pool is whoever picks the most right and/or whose celebrities screw the pooch the earliest.

2. There is no money on the line here. This is purely for shits and giggles....the giggles at the celebrities' expense, of course.

3. Definition of "celebrity" is someone people could reasonably have heard of, who is reasonably famous. And by famous I mean beyond just a local area. Technically speaking, I am a minor celebrity here in Key West. BBBBBZZZZZTTTT!!!!! No dice. Someone famous beyond just a local area, someone who is NOT a member of this board that we know of (what? We might have some celebrities on here--ya never know!), and someone whose celebrity I, as Arbiter of the Pool, can verify their fame from either my own knowledge or, at worst, a few minutes of research from sitting on my ass at my computer. (Since not all celebrities are American and/or known to me.) Celebrities can be politicians, actors, musicians, athletes, people famous for being famous (hello, Ms. Hilton!), authors, etc. Just because someone falls under one of the above categories does not, however, make them a celebrity--the third string punter on the University of Toledo football team is NOT a celebrity! When there is any question as to the validity of the celebrity of a person, the Arbiter of the Pool (that's me, y'all) has final say. My game, my rules, though of course I will try to be as fair as possible.

4. Headlines resulting from new developments in old scandals do not count. For example, if OJ Simpson makes headlines for appealing his current conviction, that is not a new scandal. If, however, he knifes someone in the cell block shower--yeah, that's a new scandal. And if Terrell Owens badmouths a teammate, sorry, that is the same as he's been doing all season. It has to be something NEW! Some examples of potential scandals are: anything that results in an arrest or police investigation; cheating on a spouse/SO; drugs; something that can potentially tarnish said celeb's reputation; racist comments; controversial comments/actions, etc. I am sure there are several other scenarios I haven't even thought of yet. Once again, the final decision as to what is or is not a new scandal falls to the Arbiter. Yeah, me again. Howdy. :wave:

5. Whenever one of your chosen celebrities gets embroiled in a scandal in 2009, it is your responsibility to contact me through this site and let me know, as frankly, I don't follow a lot of that Hollywood gossip crap unless it becomes so huge you can't escape it. Yeah, I love celebrating a famous person's misery, but I really don't seek those stories out, so it's up to you to keep a vague eye out for your three celebrities and their potential negative headlines.

6. The Celebrity Scandal Pool starts at midnight at the end of December 31, 2008/beginning of January 1, 2009. It ends at the same time a year later, New Year's Eve 2009/2010.

7. The winner will get bragging rights, and maybe an actual trophy or prize. I haven't decided yet.

8. No two participants can overlap their celebrities. Any overlapping picks, the person who picked later will be asked to pick anew. First come, first serve. If you are certain Jason Alexander is smoking crack, but someone picked him first, too bad, so sad, pick someone else.

9. The celebrity does not have to be alive. Scandals do pop up concerning dead celebrities. However, the living are far more likely to fuck up, so take this into consideration when making your picks.

10. This Pool is void in the 867 area code. This is the Gravekeeper Rule.

My three picks (to start this whole shebang out) are:

Governor Sarah Palin of Alaska. I don't think her fifteen minutes are done yet.
Actor Matt Damon. Why not? Fucker's been too clean for too long. And a lot of times, it's the people you don't expect it to be.
Pitcher CC Sabathia of Major League Baseball (and possibly soon the New York Yankees, though I don't know if that deal is done yet). Hey, I felt I HAD to have at least one athlete on this list!

This leaves a lot of the "easy" choices open for you people. You know, people like Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Tara Reid, Tom Cruise, Britney Spears, Roger Clemens, Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson, Barry Bonds, Kobe Bryant, Plaxico Burress, etc. I am sure there are far more.

So....who's jumping in the Pool with me?

EDITED TO ADD: For those of you who won't be reading the whole thread before making your picks, please note that the number of picks you get is now SIX, not three. Thank you, please drive through. :wave:

iradney
12-15-2008, 04:03 PM
Hmmmmmmmm
I'm gonna say Jennifer Aniston - She won't pull a Britney, but I think she might fake a pregnancy to rival Brangelina.

Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds will have a blazing divorce, with each accusing the other of drug use and/or infidelity.

Jester
12-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds

I do need to point out that, while you are welcome to your choices, picking both halves of a couple can be very limiting. On the plus side, if they do get into a nasty scandalous divorce, you've got two birds with one stone...er, uh, event. On the negative side, you are limiting your choices somewhat. Remember, if you have either half of a couple, and something happens with that couple like a divorce that involves both halves, well, that's a point for you.

As I said, you are welcome to your choices, folks, but I thought I should point out the limitations of doing what Iradney did.

And remember, despite what the tabloids think, a couple is NOT a single entity, but two people. Which is why Iradney only has two choices, but three celebrities.

Shards
12-15-2008, 04:40 PM
I'm almost tempted to sit this one out, since I'm going to be unable to access the net or any form of gossip media for a good 3 months of '09, but for that reason I'll try to go with somewhat minor celebrities, and leave the big boys to you guys.

Foo Fighter's Frontman Dave Grohl. What can I say, he's lived the life, old habits, you know.

Actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan. He's only in the last year or so moved from bit player up to leading man, and his role as the grittiest hero of the comic that made gritty heroes (The Watchmen's Comedian), is sure to push his career up a notch. If he's going to get into trouble, or something about him is going to come public, it'll be now.

Sum 41 Frontman Deryck Whibley. 18 months ago, Sum 41 returned to their roots as a 'fuck you, I'm going to have fun' rock band, and their fans celebrated. If they keep this up, they're sure to be making some headlines either on the road or when they release a new album, and anything done off the set you can bet Deryck will be in on.

Jester
12-15-2008, 04:56 PM
Shards, I don't want you to feel limited due to your absence....I mean, I will be keeping an eye on the news for anything involving anyone in the Pool, but ultimately, as I said, the responsibility for each person's Pool picks will be theirs. So if you want, you CAN change your picks if you feel it will improve your odds any.

By the way, congratulations on being the first person whose picks I had to actually look. Yes, they are celebrities, but *I* had never heard of them. (What? I never said I was super hip and knowledgeable about such things!)

draftermatt
12-15-2008, 05:04 PM
Singer Ashlee Simpson - just had a kid, been out of spotlight for a bit...

Gov. Charlie Crist of FL - Lots of "gay" rumors, then there was the supposed video that was going to be released "proving" he was straight.

Yankees Third baseman Alex Rodriguez - He's bound to break up with Madonna, or something in that regard.

Kudos to Jester for Sarah Palin, I think you'll win with that one.
I almost said Amy Winehouse, but she keeps doing the same things over and over again.

TheComputerError
12-15-2008, 05:08 PM
Hmm...let's see...

Elizabeth Banks - She's been so busy making movies, I'm sure the stress will be getting to her.

Russell Brand - Dude's crazy. It's only a matter of time.

George Clooney - I'm going for a long-shot with this one, but I've got a hunch that 2009's the year he loses it.

Jester
12-15-2008, 05:16 PM
Singer Ashlee Simpson

Yankees Third baseman Alex Rodriguez

Kudos to Jester for Sarah Palin, I think you'll win with that one.

I almost said Amy Winehouse, but she keeps doing the same things over and over again.

Simpson--awesome pick. I like it!
A-Rod--I was wondering who would take him.
Palin--remember, it's who gets the MOST and the EARLIEST. Even if she does something first, doesn't mean I win.
Winehouse--um, yeah. Train wreck, but same story over and over again. Of course, if she flies off the deep end and shoots up a schoolhouse (rather than shooting UP at a schoolhouse) that would be new.

Rapscallion
12-15-2008, 06:55 PM
Hmm - do you get added points if you're personally involved in the scandal, or do you get automatic disqualification? Is the limit of a choice of three celebs going to increase the chances of more people getting zero points?

What constitutes a 'scandal'? Does it have to make a national newspaper?

Got me curious.

Rapscallion

Jester
12-15-2008, 07:22 PM
Excellent questions, Raps. I'll deal with each individually.

Hmm - do you get added points if you're personally involved in the scandal, or do you get automatic disqualification?

Neither. As long as the scandal is duly reported in some major media, and it does fit the definition of "scandal" (as defined by the Arbiter for the purposes of this game, of course), personal involvement does not disqualify you nor give you added points. Though I will personally congratulate anyone who actually orchestrates a celebrity's involvement in some kind of scandal, as that is just all kinds of awesome.

One exception: Arizona's Secretary of State is a woman named Jan Brewer. When/if Arizona Governor Janet Napolitano joins President-Elect Obama's team in DC, as is expected, Brewer will assume the governorship. Anyone who personally orchestrates the downfall and complete disgrace (and preferably removal from office) of Ms. Brewer automatically gets a share of the championship, even if they haven't picked her on their list.

My home state deserves better than That Woman, damn it. (We'll miss you, Janet!)

Is the limit of a choice of three celebs going to increase the chances of more people getting zero points?

It is certainly a possibility. Here's the deal: most death pools that I've seen have people picking ten celebrities, and overlap is allowed. I thought about going that route, but decided to go with three each, no overlap. With the amount of scandals celebrities get in in the average year, I feel safe that someone in this game will score a hit.

What constitutes a 'scandal'? Does it have to make a national newspaper?

The definition of scandal is nebulous, of course, but it has to be some kind of controversy or situation the celebrity finds themselves in that casts a negative image upon them. One thing, though...the celebrity has to be somewhat central to the scandal, or if tangential, they have to have done something within the scandal that casts a bad light on them. I have outlined some examples above, but will judge each scandal on a case to case basis.

As for the second question, obviously a truly good scandal will receive widespread publicity, but for our purposes, I will say that it has to be reported in at least two separate major media outlets, be it newspaper, magazine, internet, television, or whatever. Clint Eastwood running over a neighbor's dog and getting a scathing article in the local town newspaper is not a scandal. Clint Eastwood running over the band The Counting Crows and having it reported on CNN and TMZ.com, however, is. And would obviously be much cause for celebration. (At least for me....apparently I am the only one on the planet that recognizes the inescapable fact that they suck donkey eggs.)

Lace Neil Singer
12-15-2008, 07:45 PM
I might as well have a bash; I'm useless at stuff like this, but might be fun.

Miley Cyrus

Liam Gallagher

Gordon Brown

(Wishful thinking on the third one; I just want the bastard to not be PM any more. XD I'd be willing to settle on bankruptcy and forced resignation, rather than the "caught in bed with two transvestites" scandel that usually hits politions. XD)

crazylegs
12-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Richard Hammond

Barak Obama (just cos he wasn't taken yet)

George W. Bush (Just for reporting balance! :lol: )

Jester
12-15-2008, 07:58 PM
I'd be willing to settle on bankruptcy and forced resignation, rather than the "caught in bed with two transvestites" scandel that usually hits politions.

Scandals don't have to be sex and/or drugs. They can very easily be something else, political or otherwise.

If you don't believe me, ask the current Governor of Illinois (selling Senate seat), Spiro Agnew (selling influence), Richard Nixon (questionable financial dealings, spying, break-ins, cover-ups, abuse of power), Ronald Reagan (Iran-Contra), Rep. William Jefferson (taking bribes), Katherine Harris (Florida's Secretary of State during the infamous 2000 election), J. Fife Symington III (former Arizona Governor convicted of federal bank fraud charges), David Duke (racist comments/actions), John Rocker (racist/intolerant comments), Michael Richards (racist comments), Mel Gibson (anti-Semitic comments), or the current Prime Minister of Canada (dissolving Parliament).

Sure, the sex and drug scandals are the ones we remember best, sometimes even more than violent crimes (Hello Brett Myers! Hello Ray Lewis! Hello Rae Carruth! Hello Maurice Clarett!), but they are clearly not the only ones.

Bella_Vixen
12-15-2008, 08:02 PM
Hello Rae Carruth!

Many (lol) years ago, one of my friends made a screen name of Rae "Spare Tire" Carruth.

:lol:

Jester
12-15-2008, 08:02 PM
I was wondering when someone would take W.

I almost excluded him based on how easy it might be, but on that some idea, I almost excluded Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan.

But then I figured, hell, why not? New scandals are new scandals! :lol:

Just remember, kids, the scandal has to come to light in 2009. So, unless you feel there is a lot more info coming on the Illinois Governor, he may not be the best choice.

And that is what makes W. interesting, as he will only be in office for 20 days in 2009, but something tells me we haven't heard the last of him. :lol:

Jester
12-15-2008, 08:03 PM
Many (lol) years ago, one of my friends made a screen name of Rae "Spare Tire" Carruth.

I was wondering if anyone would get that reference. Glad you did!

MannersMakethMan
12-15-2008, 08:04 PM
Sounds an interesting idea! I'd like to take David Cameron, Rhianna, and Lewis Hamilton if they haven't already gone.

Jester
12-15-2008, 08:07 PM
None of them are taken, but I am afraid you are going to have to specify WHICH Lewis Hamilton: the footballer or the race car driver.

And congratulations--you are the first one to make me look up ALL THREE of your selections. :lol:

EDITED TO ADD: Just thought of this. Whenever any scandal occurs, I shall PM all the people participating to let them know about it and who in the Pool had that celebrity. Yes, I am keeping a list of everyone's picks.

Irving Patrick Freleigh
12-15-2008, 08:17 PM
Off the top of Irv's noggin:

Jamie Lynn Spears (Britney's too easy)

Vanessa Hudgens

And from the political realm, Wisconsin Governor Jim Doyle.

Geek King
12-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Hell, I'm in:

Al Franken Should be interesting since he wants to be a politico all of a sudden.

Joe Biden Obama's VP--Always good for scapegoating, and he's got a big mouth to boot!

Jesse Jackson Jr. Papa's already crazy, and Jr needs to make a name for himself. A winning combo!

Kusanagi
12-15-2008, 08:54 PM
Hmmm...2009? Someone already picked my top choice so I gotta go with

Hillary Clinton - with how many waves Obama is making through the "old school" democrats, there's no way that cow's been milked dry.

David Miscavige - Current president of the Church of Scientology which is getting heat from every angle right now

Lindsey Lohan - because you always put money on the best odds

Irving Patrick Freleigh
12-15-2008, 10:16 PM
Scandals don't have to be sex and/or drugs. They can very easily be something else, political or otherwise.

If you don't believe me, ask the current Governor of Illinois (selling Senate seat),

Or the Governor of Illinois before him, George Ryan (?) who was Republican and did jail time for... something or other.

I guess in Illinois you have to have committed felonies before you can become Governor, or at least swear to commit several felonies during the Oath of Office. :shrug:

saint
12-15-2008, 11:36 PM
I'll Bite.

Britney Spears

John McCain

The Pope (Benedict XVI)

Trayol
12-16-2008, 12:46 AM
Many of the goods one's have been taken but here's my dream team:

Bill O'reilly

Zac Efron

Elisabeth Hasselbeck

McGoddess09
12-16-2008, 12:52 AM
Hillary Duff
Brad Pitt
Dakota Fanning

ThePhoneGoddess
12-16-2008, 01:23 AM
Lessseeeee...I'm going to pick

Heidi Montag She's going strong, man!

Simon Cowell Cause he's an ass.

Katie Holmes I'm waiting for her to snap.

sportsmom
12-16-2008, 01:24 AM
Richard Hammond

Hehehe, I was just thinking Jeremy Clarkson. :lol:

I'm going to go with ...

James Blunt, the guy's too sensitive, something's got to give somewhere

Michael Vick, there's no way he'll stay clean once he gets out

Angelina Jolie, I think she's just going to step in it this year and piss someone off

Amethyst Hunter
12-16-2008, 04:24 AM
Damn, most of the likely ones are taken already. Ah well, I'll try:

Fred and/or Shirley Phelps of the infamous WBC fame - 'Ol Fred's probably fixing to kick off his rocker (permanently, that is) one of these days, and daughter Shirley's well-known for her big mouth, so either one has potential to cause a fuss.

Tom Cruise - Can't wait till this jackass finally goes down in flames.

Hugo Chavez and/or Mahmoud Ahmadinejad - Big mouths. Big attitudes. Big jerks.

Rapscallion
12-16-2008, 06:19 AM
Right, I'm going to pick...

Cliff Richard.

Kofi Annan.

Jimmy Saville.

These aren't really based on expectations - two are based on what would be hilarious, and the last one is because he needs it.

Rapscallion

Jester
12-16-2008, 07:39 AM
A couple of things I have been pondering today.....

First of all, for those of you making politicians your pick, please remember that controversy does not necessarily equal scandal, and politicians, by the nature of their occupation, run into controversy and opposition more often than, say, Jim Carrey.. Prime example: Barack Obama is bound to run into difficulties as President. Maybe even clash with the Congress or the Republican Party. That in and of itself is not a SCANDAL. Please remember, as posted in the OP, I, me, Jester, am the final Arbiter of what is and what is not a scandal. So if I say it ain't, it ain't. For those of you that think that sucks, two things: 1. My game, my rules, deal with it. 2. For any of MY picks, I will be deferring to my good friend and logical thinker Rapscallion for what is and what is not a scandal in their cases. Anyone have a problem with Raps judging my picks? I thought not!

Secondly, Raps pointed out something that I think is important, that being that we all get only three picks. If the new year draws nearer (or even starts) and I feel the Pool is not deep enough, we WILL be adding to our picks an additional number of celebrities per Contestant, the number of which will be determined at the appropriate time. I am going to wait to do that, though, as I see how this grows. Right now, approximately 12+ hours after I started this nonsense, we already have 51 celebs in play.

Oh, and Raps? Your third celebrity pick spells his last name with only one "l." Pretty sad that I, an American who has never heard of the man, should have to tell you how to spell Jimmy Savile's name. :lol:

Lindsey Lohan - because you always put money on the best odds

Excellent choice. First "blue chip" choice so far. And since we haven't heard a peep from her in 2008, you can almost feel her crying out for attention. Or arrest. Whichever.

Many of the goods one's have been taken....

Oh no, there are still so many good ones out there.

Katie Holmes I'm waiting for her to snap.

Love the choice. She actually almost went earlier, but the Contestant in question changed their mind at the last moment.

Damn, most of the likely ones are taken already.

As I said above, not even close. Plenty of ripe pickings out there.

Fred and/or Shirley Phelps
Tom Cruise
Hugo Chavez and/or Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

That's five. There are no and/ors here. Pick three. Period. (I sent a PM to AH regarding this, so this should be fixed shortly.)

Rapscallion
12-16-2008, 12:26 PM
Oh, and Raps? Your third celebrity pick spells his last name with only one "l." Pretty sad that I, an American who has never heard of the man, should have to tell you how to spell Jimmy Savile's name. :lol:

Another reason to add him to the list.

Rapscallion

Jester
12-18-2008, 02:11 AM
Holy chipotle! 36 hours and no one else has jumped in the pool? Come on kids, this could be hilariously fun! :wave:

Becks
12-18-2008, 03:51 AM
Jest, I really would like to join, but since I don't watch the news and I haven't read a newspaper OR magazine (except for MAD) in months, I wouldn't know who to choose.

Jester
12-18-2008, 04:26 AM
Becks, just choose any three celebs then. I mean, honestly, you can never predict who is going to be in the next scandal, ya know.

Bella_Vixen
12-18-2008, 05:19 AM
Becks, I told you:

Mike McGee Sr. AND Jr.

Seriously.

Amethyst Hunter
12-18-2008, 06:22 AM
:p Ok, so I narrowed it down to 3:

Shirley Phelps - since 'ol Fred's likely on his way out one of these days, and she's been the more vocal of them lately.

Tom Cruise - Still hate his guts and think he sucks as an actor. :devil:

Hugo Chavez - Been being a publicity whore lately, what with his buddy-buddying up to Russia.

Becks
12-19-2008, 01:53 AM
Hmmmmmmmm...

OK. I think I'll go with Michael McGee, Sr.

AND MM Jr.

Plus Ashley Oleson. Her sis MK has been a tabloid hog for too long.

SengaKitty
12-19-2008, 04:31 AM
OK, I'm gonna have to go with:

Robert Pattinson, Kristin Stewart, and Nikki Reed [Edward Cullen, Bella Swan, and Rosalie hale], three of the main cast members of the Twilight series. They've made lots of headlines this year, and with the series taking off the way it is, I can see them coming in with scandal....

TheComputerError
12-19-2008, 04:40 AM
OK, I'm gonna have to go with:

Robert Pattinson, Kristin Stewart, and Nikki Reed [Edward Cullen, Bella Swan, and Rosalie hale], three of the main cast members of the Twilight series. They've made lots of headlines this year, and with the series taking off the way it is, I can see them coming in with scandal....

Putting all your eggs in one basket, eh? May be smart. May be foolish. We'll see next year, won't we?

Jester
12-19-2008, 04:52 AM
It is a lot of eggs in one basket, and potentially negative, yes, but I like the way RHPG is thinking in this sense: she is going after new celebrities, who are not necessarily used to fame or money that is suddenly coming their way, and who are relatively young. That all adds up to lots of potential for all kinds of chaos.

SengaKitty
12-19-2008, 05:18 AM
I use them because, yes, they are new, no they are not, as yet, coupled with each other [though rumours have started], and because the series is so famous, they will definitely be in the limelight... Bound to make these young stars crack like it has so many others :D

Slytovhand
12-22-2008, 02:15 PM
My bets are:

Keira Knightley... just this idea she's really going to say/do something she really shouldn't...

John Travolta. I think the potential has always been there, he's just managed to avoid it.

Dick Cheney... big backpedal will be needed.

(I'd say one of the Hiltons, but I'm thinking it's just same shit, different day - though Nikki just might drop a bombshell to put her big sis to shame... ok, not possible, but still big enough :p)

MystyGlyttyr
12-22-2008, 02:24 PM
All right, I'll go with what I know. Though these are three dark horses, I just don't know of too many other people.

Vince McMahon (although this could be iffy...though he regularly pisses off the wrestling world, he doesn't cross over into mainstream scandal unless he's really feeling his oats. I'll keep in mind that just because he gets us wrestlers up in a tizzy, that I still need to watch for someone "normal" to report it.)

Rush Limbaugh. I like Rush, since I accept him for what he is, a conservatively-politically based entertainer. But he does have some skeletons in the closet.

And just because I hate him so fucking much, Michael Savage. This is more hope that he goes down than anything.

Jester
12-22-2008, 02:36 PM
And just because I hate him so fucking much, Michael Savage.

Mysty, I need you to tell me which Michael Savage you are referring to. Since I have never heard of him, I did a quick net search, and came up with several Michael Savages. I have two politicians, a musician, and a commentator/author.

MystyGlyttyr
12-22-2008, 04:58 PM
Mysty, I need you to tell me which Michael Savage you are referring to. Since I have never heard of him, I did a quick net search, and came up with several Michael Savages. I have two politicians, a musician, and a commentator/author.

The one on the radio, who said that 99% of kids with autism are faking it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Views_expressed_by_Michael_Savage <--that one.

I won't say anything further for Fratching's sake, and no one else should, either, but yeah. I fucking hate that guy. I pick him because I WANT him to go down in flames.

Severen13
12-22-2008, 05:34 PM
Pamela Anderson--who will she marry and divorce in 2009???

Charlie Sheen--the guy spent tens of thousands of dollars on hookers. What else has he done that we don't know about....yet?

Anna Nicole Smith--She died nearly 2 years ago, but we haven't heard the last from her.

Jester
12-22-2008, 07:43 PM
Anna Nicole Smith--She died nearly 2 years ago, but we haven't heard the last from her.

Congratulations, Severen, you are the first person to choose a corpse! (It was bound to happen eventually.)

Reminder: Controversy is NOT the same as scandal. Just saying.

UPDATE: If we don't get a bunch more people in this soon (and they don't have to be CSers, you can have your friends play), I AM going to broaden the Pool and give everyone participating more picks. We have not even begun to delve into the sordid world of Celebrities yet, kids.

SengaKitty
12-22-2008, 10:28 PM
OK, SO says he wants

Jim Carrey - just has a feeling things have been going too smoothley for him

Winona Ryder - Odds are against her

David hasselhoff - he sees something happening with him this year

Primer
12-23-2008, 12:58 AM
Kinky Friedman

Bill Gates

Jenna Bush

Severen13
12-23-2008, 03:19 AM
Congratulations, Severen, you are the first person to choose a corpse! (It was bound to happen eventually.)

Um, did I do something wrong? Your own rules said the celebrity does not have to be alive:

9. The celebrity does not have to be alive. Scandals do pop up concerning dead celebrities. However, the living are far more likely to fuck up, so take this into consideration when making your picks.

Jester
12-23-2008, 04:12 AM
No, not at all. I think it's hilarious that you chose a corpse, but totally within the rules. And the reason I think it's hilarious is that, while there ARE scandals involving dead people, it tends to be easier for people to fuck up and do something stupid when they're still breathing. But that's just my opinion, and as always, I reserve the right to be completely, horribly, and embarrasingly wrong.

mrsmarit
12-23-2008, 04:24 AM
My picks

Tara Reid like shooting fish in a barrel

Mariah Carey

Madonna

Slytovhand
01-03-2009, 06:21 PM
Not scandal, but I do notice one of my 3 has had his name all over front pages and news websites... even written about on here as a thread... John Travolta. Got me a bit shocked... I mean, only 2 days into the year.....

mrsmarit
01-04-2009, 07:29 AM
Dang I got all excited for a minute that there was some Mariah Carey scandal.. sadly just a story about her drinking and killing the pregnancy rumors.

Bummer

Dorath
01-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert
NBA commissioner David Stern
Comic book writer Gail Simone

Jester
01-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Okay, I don't think the pool is big enough, and we can broaden our net. So I am going to DOUBLE the damn thing....that's right, everyone in here already gets three additional picks. I will be PMing everyone involved to this effect, but PLEASE post your picks in THIS THREAD so that my PM box is not overloaded.

I am also declaring Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevish and financier Bernard Madoff, and O.J. Simpson OFF LIMITS as their scandals from 2008 are only going to grow, and I don't want to argue about whether it is still part of their earlier scandal or not. And frankly, they are all just too damn easy.

My three additional picks are:

Jan Brewer, current Arizona Secretary of State and Governor-in-Waiting (as soon as current Gov. Janet Napolitano is confirmed as head of Homeland Security).
Gwyneth Paltrow--she is never involved in scandal. Maybe she's due?
Paris Hilton--sometimes you really DO have to go with the odds!

So, please update your lists Iradney, Shards, Draftermatt, The Computer Error, Lace Neil Singer, Crazylegs, MannersMakeTheMan, Irving Patrick Freleigh, Geek King, Kusanagi, Saint, Trayol, McGoddess09, The Phone Goddess, SportsMom, Rapscallion, Amethyst Hunter, Becks, RHPG, RHPG's boyfriend, Slytofhand, MystyGlyttr, Severen13, Primer, MrsMarit, and Dorath.

And anyone else who still wants to jump into the Pool, you now gets six picks.

PLEASE, everyone check over the picks already made before you make your selections. Make my life somewhat easy, okay? Thanks!

Not scandal, but I do notice one of my 3 has had his name all over front pages and news websites... even written about on here as a thread... John Travolta. Got me a bit shocked... I mean, only 2 days into the year.....

Details?

McGoddess09
01-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Ok. Here are my next three picks.

Keira Knightley (she's one of my favorite actresses, but something is gonna give)
Emma Watson (Another good actress, but being in the spotlight and being a good girl doesn't last long)
Heath Ledger( Gonna take a risk, but dead celebrities never rest in peace. Something horrible about his life is going to come up. Again, I love this one, but it's always something)

Irving Patrick Freleigh
01-04-2009, 05:21 PM
I gets three more picks? Kewl! Here's mine:

Tony Romo

Caroline Kennedy

In scanning through this thread, I don't thinkk I saw Paula Abdul being taken by anybody, so I'll wager we finally find out she's always as high as a mufuggin' kite, and pick her if nobody else has.

TheComputerError
01-04-2009, 05:27 PM
My three new picks are as follows:

Shia LaBeouf - Big, blockbuster movie coming. Family history of drug use. He'll be snorting crack off of hookers in no time.
Michael Gambon - Dumbledore's gay. I think people are going to push Gambon to do something crazy.
Kiefer Sutherland - There's a video of him tackling a Christmas tree. I think that's justification to say that he's nuts.

Dorath
01-04-2009, 05:38 PM
The next three:
Michael Bay
Jean-Paul Levesque/Hunter Hearst Helmsley/HHH
Ryan Seacrest

MannersMakethMan
01-04-2009, 05:51 PM
OK, I'd also like to add:

Kevin Rudd, the Australian Prime Minister. Things are going too well for him - something's bound to come up

William Moseley of Narnia fame. Fame can so easily get on top of young people

Wayne Rooney the footballer. Surely there's potential there...

Rapscallion
01-04-2009, 06:50 PM
John Travolta's son died.

As to my three extra picks, I'll go for ...

Boris Johnson, mayor of London. He's already famous for bedding both a mother and daughter (assumedly at different times), but I think there's life in the old duffer yet.

Ken Livingstone - former mayor of London. Famous for bedding a woman who wasn't his wife, but I think there's life in the old duffer yet.

Andrew Lloyd Webber - after waking up next to Sarah Brightman for several years and not realising his good fortune, I think he deserves a scandal.

Once more, my picks are mostly aimed at those I'd like to see hit by scandal, rather than any real expectations.

Rapscallion

crazylegs
01-04-2009, 06:54 PM
Right then.

Sir Ian Blair
Arnold Schwarzenegger (or however you spell it)
Prince Harry.

Shards
01-04-2009, 07:04 PM
I think I shall add:

Jensen Ackles- He's an actor, and I know of him from his staring role in 'Supernatural'.

Jesse Spencer- Actor, plays in House, MD

Jared Padalecki- Actor, also from Supernatural.

Dorath
01-04-2009, 07:12 PM
Jesse Spencer- Actor, plays in House, MD

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm254/gozerthegozarian/1207524297559.jpg

Anything for a chance to post that comic.

iradney
01-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Hmmmm
3 extras....

I'm going to vote for Criss Angel (GRRRRRR), Orlando Bloom (he's been WAAAY too quiet lately) and...umm...Kate Walsh!

MystyGlyttyr
01-04-2009, 09:45 PM
Okay. First new pick, the Ultimate Warrior.

Second, Ted Turner.

Third, Johnny Fairplay or whatever his name is from Survivor.

And in case any of those are already taken (I checked but I'm not 100% sure), my alternate picks are Brendon Frasier and Kurt Angle. All in that order of whichever three aren't taken.

JuniorMintz
01-04-2009, 10:59 PM
Lily Allen
Sienna Miller
Jeremy Piven
Joaquin Phoenix
Alec Baldwin
Michael Phelps (I LOVE him, but I have a feeling he'll have a bit too much fun in 09, LOL)

In no particular order and because I'm pretty sure no one has guessed them yet.

Edited to change Miley Cyrus back to Lily Allen

Severen13
01-04-2009, 11:59 PM
My three new picks:

Anita Bryant--the film "Milk" has brought this yahoo back into the spotlight.

Ann Coulter--since this witch can't shut her piehole, it's just a matter of time....

David Duchovny--rehab for sex addiction? Eek! What else is going on?

Becks
01-05-2009, 03:39 AM
*pondering*

Spike Lee

Roseanne (does she have a last name again?)

George Steinbrenner

Jester
01-05-2009, 07:09 AM
Keira Knightley

Sorry, gotta pick one more there love. Ms. Knightley was already claimed earlier by Slytovhand.

Once more, my picks are mostly aimed at those I'd like to see hit by scandal, rather than any real expectations.

Hell, that's precisely the reason I picked About-To-Be-Governor Brewer!

Kate Walsh!

Please specify which Kate Walsh. I have never heard of Kate Walsh, and my searches turned up several. Thank you.

And in case any of those are already taken (I checked but I'm not 100% sure), my alternate picks are Brendon Frasier and Kurt Angle.

None of your three were taken, so Mr. Frasier and Mr. Angle are still available for anyone who would like to pick them.

Folks, please, take a little time and look over the other picks to make sure you aren't picking someone already taken. My overworked eyes and brain thank you.

Edited to change Lily Allen to Miley, although I will kick myself in the ass for this I'm sure.

Miley Cyrus was already taken, so I am going to assume that what you mean is that your sixth pick is Ms. Allen, who was not selected by anyone.

Slytovhand
01-05-2009, 07:19 AM
Ok MrJ, I'm going for....

Dick Cheney, John Travolta and Kiera Knightley...

My new picks (if applicable) Nikki Hilton,

Australian 2IC Julia Gillard (damn sure something will come out - even if it's fabricated!),

and ex-Hole Courtney Love - surely there's still some moves in her yet??

Manners - I thought Wayne Rooney was just 1 big bag of scandal???

JuniorMintz
01-05-2009, 07:24 AM
Miley Cyrus was already taken, so I am going to assume that what you mean is that your sixth pick is Ms. Allen, who was not selected by anyone.

Sorry, looks like I misread the rules, but it's better to go with my first instinct so Lily Allen it is. :)

Jester
01-05-2009, 07:25 AM
Australian 2IC Julia Gillard

2IC? What's that?

Manners - I thought Wayne Rooney was just 1 big bag of scandal???

Well, seems like a safe pick then, doesn't it? :lol:

iradney
01-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Please specify which Kate Walsh. I have never heard of Kate Walsh, and my searches turned up several. Thank you.

This Kate Walsh
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005532/

From Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice

Dorath
01-05-2009, 11:18 AM
2IC? What's that?

Second in Command.

Slytovhand
01-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Ta Dorath - yeah, she's our Deputy Prime Minister - basically the same as your VP.

First female to the role, and has copped some crap... as do they all!

alogram
01-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Eva Longoria. And I hope it is so big that she runs away never to return again.

Stephenie Meyer. Because I think those shitty Twilight books were written by a 5 year old and people are bound to realize it eventually. (Then again, I am not sure she should be considered a celeb...)

Jessica Simpson

Fergie (as in she who wets herself, not the Duchess)

Kevin Federline.....again, not sure he should be considered a celeb, but he is an attention whore...

Tila Tequila, because again, ATTENTION WHORE.

Jester
01-05-2009, 03:03 PM
Stephenie Meyer. (Then again, I am not sure she should be considered a celeb...)

As an author of a suddenly very popular series that was made into a movie? Yeah, she certainly qualifies.

Hell, if we're allowing notable British cops (which we did, though barely), we are going to allow noted authors.

Kevin Federline.....again, not sure he should be considered a celeb, but he is an attention whore...

Tila Tequila, because again, ATTENTION WHORE.

They are in the news, they are well-known, like it or not, they are celebrities, even if they are of the lamer less-noteworthy variety.

And if we eliminated people just because they were attention whores, we wouldn't have such luminaries as the Hilton sisters--or half of Hollywood, come to think of it!

McGoddess09
01-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Oops. Sorry.

Ok...my sixth pick is...Daniel Radcliffe.

Trayol
01-06-2009, 01:49 AM
I would like to add (if they are free):

Orlando Bloom, Perez Hilton and Owen Wilson

Jester
01-06-2009, 05:04 AM
I would like to add (if they are free):

Orlando Bloom, Perez Hilton and Owen Wilson

Orlando Bloom is taken.

I assume you mean Perez Hilton, the blogger, and not Paris Hilton, who is taken.

Owen Wilson is free. You still have one more pick (unless you meant Paris Hilton, of course).

PizzaDrone
01-07-2009, 12:17 AM
Sounds like fun! Have had a read through, but will have no doubt forgotten most of other people's picks so am really sorry if I duplicate.

1) Noel Fielding (The Mighty Boosh) - His star had grown last year and I think a scandal is on the way. He does (or used to at least) hang around with Courtney Love, which puts the odds up. I do love him so though <3

2) Phillip Schofield (This Morning) - Fern had a scandal last year, so I think he could do with one.

3) Leona Lewis (Singer) - She's been too clean. Something's bound to come up soon.

4) Robbie Williams (Singer) - 'Nuff said.

5) Agyness Deyn (Model) - She was number 1 on the Most Annoying People 2008 on BBC 3. People are going to want to see her fall soon. She is a model too and they're pretty good at garnering scandal.

6) Christopher Morris (Brass Eye) - Pretty sure he's got a new show/film in the pipeline so that'll no doubt ruffle some feathers.

sportsmom
01-07-2009, 01:06 AM
Can I add Tilda Swinton, Clive Owen and Tony Romo. I don't think any of these have been chosen, but please correct me if I am wrong.

Jester
01-07-2009, 03:21 AM
Can I add Tilda Swinton, Clive Owen and Tony Romo. I don't think any of these have been chosen, but please correct me if I am wrong.

I have added Swinton and Owen for you, but Romo is already taken, so you need one more, please.

JuniorMintz
01-07-2009, 03:39 AM
http://perezhilton.com/2009-01-06-its-a-katy-catfight

Do I get credit for this, or is a threat just a threat and it doesn't count until Ms. Allen *actually* posts the phone number?

Either way, this bodes well for my picks... mwahahaha! :eyewaggle:

Jester
01-07-2009, 03:47 AM
JM, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but that hardly qualifies as a SCANDAL.

You get participation points from me, but just like back in school, they really don't mean all that much.

Of course, if Ms. Allen whacks Ms. Perry over the head with a frozen tuna and gets charged with assault, and it gets publicized....yeah, THAT would be scandalous.

This? Not so much.

JuniorMintz
01-07-2009, 03:59 AM
Of course, if Ms. Allen whacks Ms. Perry over the head with a frozen tuna and gets charged with assault, and it gets publicized....yeah, THAT would be scandalous.

Give it time sir, give it time... remember we're only on day 6 of 365. :D

Besides, anyone who would wear a dress like THIS...

http://gofugyourself.celebuzz.com/2008/06/04/91959254-thumb-450x682.jpg

is destined for greatness!

blas
01-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Tyra Banks.

And it's going to be more epic than her freak-out on ANTM a few years back.

She's just too self absorbed and "I'm a role model!"....something is going to happen. Either there's going to be another fat scandal or she's going to get pulled over for DUI.

Jester
01-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Blas, you DO realize you get to pick SIX celebrities, not just one, right?

blas
01-07-2009, 11:38 AM
Yes but everyone else has already picked the others I wanted. Cuz I is bad slacker.

:(

Hmmm let me think..............

Patrick Swayze will make the news. He just made a comeback in some kind of movie, I think. I saw the ad on Facebook or Myspace. Usually when there's a comeback, something ensues later on.

David Hasselhoff will be back in the news.

Evan Rachel Wood....she and Marilyn Manson recently broke up. I'm sure her next dating escapade will be just as shocking.

Jester
01-07-2009, 12:03 PM
That's four. You get two more, kiddo.

Yes but everyone else has already picked the others I wanted. Cuz I is bad slacker.

Well, that's your problem then, isn't it. :lol:

I'm just trying to help you out and get you all the picks your entitled to.

Patrick Swayze will make the news. He just made a comeback in some kind of movie, I think.

New tv series, actually. "Beast." Seen the ads. FBI undercover agent. That's all I know.

blas
01-07-2009, 12:23 PM
Beyonce? Did anyone pick her yet? She's going to get preggo this year.

Ty Peddington is going to get a DUI, too. It's that hair of his. His body can't oxodize alcohol like normal, because it stays in all that hedgehog hair.

alogram
01-07-2009, 12:23 PM
Good call on Tyra, Blas!

But didn't someone already pick Hasselhoff?

Jester
01-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Beyonce? Did anyone pick her yet? She's going to get preggo this year.

Beyonce is now yours, as no one else picked her. However, keep in mind, getting pregnant is not, in and of itself, a scandal.

Ty Peddington is going to get a DUI, too.

Do you mean Ty Pennington, the host of Extreme Makeover? Or is this Peddington dude someone else entirely?

But didn't someone already pick Hasselhoff?

Damn, not checking as well as I thought I was. Yes, Hasselhoff was, in fact, previously picked.

So Blas, you need to pick one more and clarify who you're talking about with Peddington. Thanks.

blas
01-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Yes I mean Ty Peddington as in Extreme Makeover guy....

Ahhh frack...hmm...so the Hoff is out.......

Samantha Ronson.....Lindsay Lohan's gf....I think sometime this year, they are going to break up, and she's going to gain even more fame than she's soaked up from dating Lindsay, and maybe she'll be seen turning another famous female celebutante into a lesbian.

Boggles
01-07-2009, 02:27 PM
Am I too late to join in with this?

If not, I call Peter Mandelson, Amy Winehouse, Peter Phillips, Kevin Pieterson, George Osbourne and Cherie Blair.

draftermatt
01-07-2009, 03:03 PM
Singer Ashlee Simpson
Gov. Charlie Crist of FL
Yankees Third baseman Alex Rodriguez

Ok so 3 more...

Keith Olberman

Oprah

Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley - because...

Trayol
01-07-2009, 03:42 PM
Since Orlando Bloom is taken I'll pick Ann Coulter.

Jester
01-08-2009, 09:19 AM
Am I too late to join in with this?

If not, I call Peter Mandelson, Amy Winehouse, Peter Phillips, Kevin Pieterson, George Osbourne and Cherie Blair.

Never too late! And your picks have been noted, though I was SHOCKED to see that no one had taken Amy Winehouse yet. Excellent pick! (Though I'll be honest, I had to look up the others, not being British....)

Since Orlando Bloom is taken I'll pick Ann Coulter.

Sorry, Trayol, Severen13 already claimed Ann Coulter. You still have one pick to go. If you need the complete list of who's been taken, just let me know.

draftermatt
01-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Jester,

Take a look at this video (starting at the 1:50 mark). Does that count as a scandal? If so it's yours.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/#28530266

sportsmom
01-08-2009, 06:53 PM
I have added Swinton and Owen for you, but Romo is already taken, so you need one more, please.

Is A Rod still available? If he isn't then I'll take either John Mayer or Emma Watson.

Jester
01-08-2009, 10:46 PM
Alex Rodriguez is, in fact, taken. The other two, however, will have to wait until I get home and access my list, which is on my computer, not online. I, however, am not home, as I am currently babysitting my friend's 8 year old so that she and my friend, her fiance, can have an adult's dinner out. Uncle Jester strikes again! :lol:

Jester
01-09-2009, 05:37 AM
Sportsmom, both Rodriguez and Watson were taken. Mayer was not, so I am adding him to your list, by process of elimination.

Jester,

Take a look at this video (starting at the 1:50 mark). Does that count as a scandal? If so it's yours.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/#28530266

Matt, I am not sure. Let's see if that thing has any legs, or not. While I would love to be the first one to score on this thing, I am not sure if that is quite at scandal level. But I will be watching......

Hell, between Sarah Palin and Paris Hilton, I may have the title wrapped up by Spring Break! :lol:

sportsmom
01-09-2009, 11:42 PM
I'm up to four now, right, Jester?

Jester
01-10-2009, 12:01 AM
I'm up to four now, right, Jester?

Um, no. You finally got six: James Blunt, Michael Vick, Angelina Jolie, Tilda Swinton, Clive Owen, and John Mayer.

However, I do need three additional picks from the following people:

Amethyst Hunter
Geek King
Kusanagi
Lace Neil Singer
MrsMarit
Primer
RedHeadPhoneGirl
RedHeadPhoneGirl's boyfriend
Saint
ThePhoneGoddess

Additionally I still need one final pick from Trayol.

AsatruThorsman
01-10-2009, 02:41 PM
This thread is made of win! I have no particular reasons for my picks, but here you go:

1) David Tennant
2) Rolf Harris
3) Brent Spiner
4) Florian Schneider
5) Stephen Hawking
6) Kate Mulgrew

sportsmom
01-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Thanks! I had too much stopping and starting and I couldn't keep track.

mrsmarit
02-14-2009, 11:20 AM
Here are my additional picks

Joe Jonas
Selena Gomez
Kim Kardashian

draftermatt
02-14-2009, 01:30 PM
Woo! Alex Rodriguez admits to steriod use!!!

Was I the first?

JuniorMintz
02-14-2009, 03:10 PM
I'm pretty sure I get points for Michael Phelps hitting the bong and Joaqin Phoenix going kooko.

tropicsgoddess
02-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Rush Limbaugh - That man is a hypocrite and spews out more shit than a bad septic tank. So it would be a matter of time before he does or says something stupid.

Michael Vick - We all know he's gonna get out of prison soon, but I'm betting that whatever terms and conditions he has upon release from the courts he'd violate. I'm also betting on if he'll be more broke than MC Hammer after he gets released and that the NFL decides to not take him back.

Trayol
02-15-2009, 03:43 AM
I think I still need one person so I'll take...Tracy Morgan, former SNL star or Mayor Daley of Chicago, IL or Vince Vaughn.

Ree
02-15-2009, 05:05 AM
I'm pretty sure I get points for Michael Phelps hitting the bong and Joaqin Phoenix going kooko.Well, you might, but, as the disclaimer in the first post says, points are awarded based on the whim discretion of the OP . ;)

JuniorMintz
02-15-2009, 07:08 AM
Well, you might, but, as the disclaimer in the first post says, points are awarded based on the whim discretion of the OP . ;)

:D

As long as we're talking points, whoever *did* pick Miley Cyrus should get points for the racist photos she took mocking Asians. I don't care if she's only 16, she's an ass.

Trayol- Dude, Tracy Morgan is an *awesome* pick! I've seen him live and it was crazy. He was amazingly drunk and it was just about the foulest show I've ever seen in my life. The whole town was furious, practically demanding his head on a pike. I was actually more entertained by all the bitching afterwards than the show itself! :)

Jester
02-15-2009, 04:33 PM
Here are my additional picks

Joe Jonas
Selena Gomez
Kim Kardashian

Noted.

By the way, I do have to warn people that any late picks anyone makes only qualify if the scandal they are involved with comes AFTER their pick. For example, if Kirsten Dunst (so far unselected in the Pool) goes off the deep end in March and runs naked through Beverly Hills gunning people down with a stolen AK-47, and THEN someone picks her....well, they won't get any credit for that pick. Just saying.

Woo! Alex Rodriguez admits to steriod use!!!

Was I the first?

It is not really about being first, but about who gets the most. But no, you are not the first. That honor belongs to someone else. Possibly me, if the whole thing about Sarah Palin helping her daughter's boyfriend get a job beyond his qualifications pans out (and that is still murky). Then again, if it doesn't pan out, that dubious honor of being the first belongs to neither of us. See below.

I'm pretty sure I get points for Michael Phelps hitting the bong and Joaqin Phoenix going kooko.

Depending on the whole Palin thing, the Phelps bong-gate could be the first CSP hit of the year.

As for Mr. Phoenix, I am not sure yet if that is really a scandal or just a celeb acting odd. I am sure there will be more developments on this soon.

Rush Limbaugh

Michael Vick

Two things. 1. You can select up to six, not just two.

2. Neither of your selections is valid, as Mysty already selected Rush Limbaugh, and Sportsmom put Michael Vick on her roster.

Feel free to pick again.

I think I still need one person so I'll take...Tracy Morgan, former SNL star or Mayor Daley of Chicago, IL or Vince Vaughn.

All three are available. Which one would you like, sir?

As long as we're talking points, whoever *did* pick Miley Cyrus should get points for the racist photos she took mocking Asians. I don't care if she's only 16, she's an ass.

That would be Lace Neil Singer. I am still not sure if this is going to qualify as a scandal. It certainly has potential.

You know what? Screw it. I am going to include Phoenix and Cyrus, because this whole game is about celebs acting stupid. And whether they are getting as much media attention as A-Rod or Phelps is besides the point. They pulled boneheaded moves. And this game would just be no fun if we started weighing one screwup against another subjectively, especially using just MY particular opinions on the matter.

That being said, so far the biggest scandals of the year involving anyone in the pool were with Phelps and A-Rod, because both scandals involved doing something so boneheadedly stupid as to potentially jeopardize their career and reputations. More so than the minor flareups with Cyrus and Phoenix. But of course, we have plenty of time left in 2009 for more famous people to do something amazingly stupid, illegal, or both.

(Keep in mind, my earlier comments on politicians like President Obama and Governor Schwarzenegger still apply, i.e., because they are bound by their very public nature to do something that annoys or angers people, scandals for politicians have to be at a bit of a higher threshold than for other celebrities. Merely saying something stupid won't qualify, or W. would have won this pool already for Crazylegs.)

So Draftermatt has one hit with A-Rod, JM has two with Phelps and Phoenix, and LNS has Hannah Montana bringing one home. Sadly for me, the Palin thing is still up in the air last time I checked, so she may or may not have pulled a boneheaded move.

So the above people have had their celebs working overtime for them. Have I missed anyone?

And more amusingly, who's next?

teller
03-14-2009, 08:54 AM
oprah and dr phil
the pope
mmm
barak obama

Jester
03-15-2009, 07:16 PM
Oprah Winfrey was taken by Draftermatt.
Pope Benedict XVI was taken by Saint.
Barack Obama was taken by Crazylegs.

Dr. Phil, however, is quite available. I shall mark him for you. And you can still take five more celebs if you so wish.

Greenday
03-17-2009, 12:54 AM
Anyone pick Manny Ramirez yet?

Bill Bellicheck?

Tom Brady?

Sean Avery?

The Jonas Brothers?

Jester?

Parrothead
03-18-2009, 03:18 AM
Anybody pick Victoria Beckham, Kim Kardashian or Al Gore?

And does anybody read this (http://www.deceiver.com) blog?

JuniorMintz
05-22-2009, 03:47 AM
http://www.gmanews.tv/story/162268/Immigration-bans-Alec-Baldwin-from-entering-RP

Alec Baldwin banned from the Philippines because of a dumbass joke involving mail order brides. He's now been listed as an "undesirable alien". :lol:

So, does that give me a total of 3 points now? :D

Ree
12-13-2009, 06:50 AM
Such a shame nobody picked Tiger Woods.
That was one nobody saw coming.

*It's almost the end of the year. I thought I would open this back up again for results.

Boggles
12-13-2009, 02:14 PM
Can I have a point for March 5th when Amy Winehouse was arrested adn charged with common assault over alledgedly punching someone in a nightclub.

None of the rest of mine have been scandalous this year!

JuniorMintz
01-03-2010, 04:32 AM
So, who won? Anyone keeping a tally?

DGoddessChardonnay
01-03-2010, 10:58 PM
Hmmm . . . this sounds like fun.

I think the first three I'll pick will be (seeing as they haven't been taken yet)

Morgan Freeman
Kourtney Kardashian (I see Kim's already spoken for)
Matt Damon

Second three:

Diana Ross
Jon Gosselin (probably like shooting fish in a barrel)
Richard Hatch (I don't think we've heard the last of him even though he's been in trouble for not paying taxes.)

Ree
01-03-2010, 11:15 PM
Hmmm . . . this sounds like fun.Well, if we don't even have an answer yet from Jester on who won the 2009 pool, it might be premature to start making choices for 2010.

DGoddessChardonnay
01-05-2010, 12:46 AM
Well, if we don't even have an answer yet from Jester on who won the 2009 pool, it might be premature to start making choices for 2010.

That's what I get for not checking the date on the OP. :doh:

Oh well, nudge me awake when the 2010 pool starts. . . .:lol:

tropicsgoddess
01-10-2010, 12:40 AM
That's what I get for not checking the date on the OP. :doh:

Oh well, nudge me awake when the 2010 pool starts. . . .:lol:

I think I might have some picks for the 2010 celebrity scandal pool!

Lets see....

Flava Flav owing back child support to his many baby mama's.

Lindsey Lohan escaping rehab.

One of the chicks from Rock of Love claiming to be carrying Brett Michaels' child

LeBron James going off on the ref on a bad call

One of the Kardashian sisters starring in a Pr0n flick (not a sex tape)